Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How would your character feel if they had a gerbie following them around and solving everything with diplomacy, friendly mind control, and at-will no save memory rewriting?
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/bardic-masterpieces/masterpieces/gerbie/
>CG Small fey

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Mind control is my fetish.

Is gerbie the one that wants you to get naked because they lack genders?

Likewise, but mind control subplots skeeve me out something fierce. Like the villain in Jessica Jones provokes such a visceral "nope" reaction from me that I can't watch the show

Man people dropped Avowed pretty fast

About as fast as FFS dropped the ball on the Avowed.

Same. Enchantment spells might have some nice buffs and debuffs, but I almost always put that as an opposition school because the charm/dominate line seems so fucking skeevy.

It was in a state of flux so people felt unsure about playing it for a long time, also Spheres of Might is here now.

I want to play an Avowed but nobody allows it anymore. Sad!

SoM is also mostly ignored or shitted-on.

>Avowed and SoM both turned from god tier to trash tier overnight in /pfg/'s eyes based on blind following of 2hu's autism
Sometimes this general really disappoints me

I can't allow 3pp that someone is just gonna make a broken character with
I mean would you trust /pfg/?

SoM could have been a lot simpler but ssalarn makes shit that's needlessly complicated.

Avowed is still okay, but it did kinda shit the bed.

>implying people didn't have other problems with either for their own reasons
>implying 2hu's reasons are illegitimate because he's 2hu

Avowed has improved greatly with recent modifications, being able to base literally everything off of one stat was a problem.

I like the skeevyness of it.

Hey Ssalarn, it's not hard to realize Secret Ways is dumb.

Martails get awesome stuff and you people complain
bunch of hypocrites

What's the problem with Secret Ways?

It's stupid when casters get it too. It's even more stupid when anyone gets it at level 7.
Not sure if it got fixed yet, but it allowed a level 7 Commander with a focus on Diplomacy to retroactively create portal networks from anywhere to anywhere as long as there were 2 NPCs to talk.

The Avowed got crushed under the weight of its own memes. It was just plain hubris that made them think that
>SAD the class
or
>Betrothed gimic central
were good tenets of game design.

People here loved the Avowed because it was really powerful and DMs with Forrest shaped stars in their eyes allowed it blindly. Now it's been tuned down and it's more reasonable and nobody wants to play it because it's not OP. Now it's just useful for meme builds.

SoM was shit from the get go, just fucking look at the length of certain talent entries.

That "extra talent" even exists is an insult as well.

What form of non-instantaneous transportation do you or your party typically rely on, /pfg/?

Interestingly enough, Ssalarn recently implemented a limitation to the commander's secret ways at 7th-level:

>Secret Ways: The commander can use the gather information function of the Diplomacy skill over an hour’s time to discern the locations and pass phrases (if any) of secret portals, tunnels, tears between planar locations, and similar effects in urban areas, or in ruins and cemeteries near urban areas.

>These passages are not necessarily permanent fixtures; they may be planar or astral convergences that only happen during particular times of the year, abnormal rifts created by recent events in the area, or any number of other possible occurrences. While passages uncovered using this ability are always reliable to the degree determined by the commander’s gather information check, there are no assurances that the events that created the passage will be still viable for longer than 48 hours past the travel time to reach them. The function and reliability of this ability is determined by his gather information check, as detailed in the following table-

This is still rather narrative-warping, because:

1. There is nothing stopping the commander from continuously retrying (while sitting down in a backwater hamlet's watering hole and chatting up peasants) and generating portal after portal. After all, even a DC 15 check retcons a portal into existence.

2. It implies that there are always temporary portals leading from anywhere, leading to anywhere.

3. It can take someone straight into the heart of an otherwise well-guarded building.

4. If these portals are so ubiquitous, then why are they not a major facet of the setting? Why are only 7th-level commanders able to discover the details of these universe-bridging, if not multiverse-bridging, gateways?

>now it's just useful for meme builds

it was only ever useful for meme builds, though.

>SAD
>Betrothed gimmick
SAD was dumb but they went too far in the other direction in some places, then tried to placate one autist by going "well this is SORT OF like the thing you liked! Why won't you just eat it up?"

Betrothed was fucked the moment they decided to try to balance "you are two people at once, but don't actually lose any class features for it".

Classic, horses.

I'm thinking about running a campaign specifically to let people play with DHB. Basically I would approach DHB and ask him "what is the perfect campaign for you" and see what he sets up and what his character is. Then I'd find probably 4 or 5 other people in this general to play in the "DHB campaign". Who would apply?

We're pirates, so we take our ship.

Depends what DHB's perfect campaign is. If it's "Grimdark fantasy rape corruption," then no, I wouldn't do that. Based on DHB's taste, I probably would though, seems he likes grit and politicking, and both of those sound good to me.

One day, I'd like to ride a Magitek armour.

I once played a dragonwrought Kobold who got to ride a tamed velociraptor once. Shit was pretty cash.

I want to play with DHB but you should probably still make for a regular app process beyond including DHB in the initial line-up. People don't mind player inclusions as long as they're up from the get-go, HR and PLD only got heat because of their circumstances.

Our feet or boats. The terrain is no good for wagons and horses.

Make sure to have "how much do you want to seduce DHB" in the questions list!

That's more what I mean, just that DHB gets to decide the initial concept of the campaign.

Are the horses important to any of your characters or their abilities? Or are they fairly interchangeable?

How did you you come by your ship? Did you own it originally and turn to piracy? Were you mutineers? Ship thieves?

Deviant scum, I love DHB like the father I never had. Don't you dare lay a finger on him.

Gonna contact him through discord, see if he's online.

Where'd you find a creature like that?

Too bad, I get to call him daddy now!

Best & Most Thematic Physical/Mental stat combos coming through
>Strength&Charisma
>Dexterity&Intelligence
>Constitution&Wisdom

I'd apply, largely because none of the other games on offer right now interest me and the last character I was making got axed cause a schedule change. So I got nothing going on right now.

What sort of terrain are you passing through? What kind of hazards does it present?

Besides DHB, does anyone else keep a list of players, not characters, that they really want to play with? No name drops or anything, I just want to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

No because I'm not a fag.

Fuck you, Strength/Intelligence is the best.

>Not Dex/Cha

Four of our six members have horses, but most moving around thus far has been on foot.

One of my college buddy's custom not!Eberron campaign that had a massive savage land where dinosaurs roamed called... The Savage Lands. We did some things there for a Kobold tribe and they gave each of us a tamed raptor as a mount as a reward. But we only got to use them once... When leaving the Savage Lands. Cause we had an air ship, and for some reason no one would remember the raptors on later sessions. Or we were in places where mounts wouldn't be feasible.

>Not Str&Con
He doesn't Scared Witch Doctor

Our captain was an Andoran merchant who got screwed over by the Chelish government. Turned to worshiping Calistria, pooled her money, bought a ship, took on some crew members and took her revenge on the Chelish through piracy. She's a higher level than the rest of us so the GM finds ways to separate her, or just turns her into a healbot. The rest of the crew is varied. We've got a couple an escaped slave turned priest of Besmara, an escaped Chelish prisoner, a stasis'd Azlanti, a daughter of a Shackles pirate with some water elemental back in her bloodline, a Sargavan sorcerer, an ex-crusader out of Lastwall, and an Absalomian who worships Aroden.

What's the Witch Doctor Scared of?

Errata.

Why only the four?

>says Mental/Physicals tat combos
>answers Str/Con
Which one of those is the mental stat m8?

I don't, but I wouldn't mind knowing if I was on anyone else's list.

Probably not though.

Not sure. When I asked him, all he said was OO EE OO AH AH TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG.

Con

Because the other two are classless freeloaders.

I love you user, and would allow you to take me from behind.

So is the Ectoplasmatist Spiritualist any good, or would you be better off going for a Soulknife to build pic related?

That's not it at all. However some of us are still waiting on more finalized versions; it's hard to allow a class when it could literally change in between sessions more than once.

Some of the shapes needed help from the start, and some still do. The really powerful parts were limited to the weapon-loaded ones, and the nerfing round came about to nip those then and there. However that did leave the rest of the shapes gasping for air, as it wasn't all-powerful and couldn't even HOPE to become powerful (barely viable as a secondary damage dealer) without the weapon-loaded shapes unless optimizing to 2hu levels, where even then it wasn't all that insane compared to other 3pp materials.

Conceptually however, the Avowed is top-shelf goods. But it's only natural that playtest stuff would get changed and isn't necessarily all ready yet.

... that is to say, when the developers aren't egomaniacal tumblrite zombies who can't handle an ungood thought instead of doubleplusgood praise.

I imagine that was aimed at paizo at the end there and not at FFS?

(I Cannot read FFS and not automatically hear "for fuck's sake" in my mind)

So apparently DHB made an initiator? Has anyone ever played it? Did he work for DSP?

It's fine as a pseudo Magus bad toucher, though I think there's additional archetypes you take with it to get rid of some spirit related abilities

They're both kinda..... Eh...

Probably Paizo, Gareth, and Ssalarn.

Lack of SAD did hurt my build but I'm still really enjoying my Betrothed in a pfg game (Am I the only one in a pfg game doing that? I'm curious)

>Level 3
>Betrothed companion creates aether wells that last the battle, whenever someone steps on them butterflies swarm out to attack them for more damage, and they can also teleport and phase through objects
>Meanwhile main PC is on the frontlines with aether blade hitting things with reach and vs touch AC

I definitely think the damage calculations are iffy at the moment (if mainly because it's awkward to build for), but even after the changes it's a really unique class.

I just want to create my own weapons from focus/mystic energy/what have you. Ectoplasmatist helps because the fluff is a perfect match, but anything that does that would work.

>tfw everytime I read Paizo I mentally read it as paizuri at first and have to correct myself.

I still think "halve all damage from weapons if you apply a shape" is bullshit, but nobody else seems to think that's true so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Okay, I could have sworn I saw something about a mushroom cloud rising from the Stolen Lands in the buildup to Kingmaker. Did I imagine that? Because I can't find it in either the Kingmaker guide, or the Brevoy or Numeria books.

It's Blingmaker-only, as far as I can tell.

Oh, absolutely! I'm playing with some people from /pfg/ already that I LOVE, but I really want to play with certain people from here that make apps I would love to adventure with and woo.

>building a character for Blingmaker
>forget to look at the Blingmaker page
Maybe I should just go back to sleep.

>not awoo

>tfw wanted to make prophet of kalistrade
>DHB is already making one

>DHB wants to be a /pol/-boogeyman-tier jew
Oh boy, how could this go wrong?

That naming and that specific joke was entirely purposeful on Forrest's part.

Furries should be gassed.

Hah, people are finally following my advice on how a Silksworn should be played

I mean it is literally perfect for blingmaker, and the gilded template is basically proof the prophesies work.

I really like this image Anymore like it?

That's offensive to Zyklon-B

It is, but sometime we must sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.

Honestly I knew the app process was stressful on the player side, but its stressful DMside too

I would worry about playing with someone who has "unironically jew people out of stuff" as their core, fervent religious system. That shit could lead to PC vs PC shit.

I've got this.

This is great. Thank you.

THATS ANTI RAT-EMIC.

Apparently he's planning on wearing a white morph suit.

Yeah, it's just in here.

Has he just accepted that he is a walking meme?

What will be our solution to the Kalistrade question?

There is nothing wrong with Drumic rats, please be nice.

Anyone have a link to the new adventure path pdfs? They're not in the trove. I legitimately own the damn things, but I can't access Paizo's site because they measure their daily uptime in minute.

DELETE R@S

That depends on whether working with or against the PCs will turn a greater prophet. It's really easy to see where you stand with someone who unironically only cares about money.

Tats are for loving and supporting, they are friends, do not harm rats.

That's no way to treat skinwalkers.