Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/39302446
twitter.com/AnonBabble

always start with rock
no one starts with paper

Always play rock.
No one plays paper.

>3 Option RPS.

Get out of here SCRUB. The pros are here now.

t. paper-starter

Please keep perpetuating this. It makes it so much easier to win Roshambo

then logically everyone should start with paper, since everyone starts with rock.

>What's the metagame behind this?
I read that as metaplot and had a whole post typed up that hit the character limit.

Use rock. Punch other guy. Profit.
Use paper. Bitchslap other guy. Profit.
Use scissors. Poke other guys eyes out. Other guy uses paper to block your scissors. No profit.

Feel free to post it, my man.

>Wolf drinks from bowl

So...is that good? Or who wins? I don't get it.

Fun fact: men are more likely to lead with rock, women are more likely to lead with paper.

Winners want to subconsciously stay at the same thing, so if you lost go for the option that would beat theirs.
Almost everyobdy follows this tactic so if you win, go for the last option your opponent has.

Only when this meta becomes publically known as the meta will the real meta change.

>trannies are more likely to lead with scissors

I like how the devil plays support and is a team player.

Draw it as a line diagram, that's the only way to make it clear.

vimeo.com/39302446

I found out that people are likely to pick the option that would beat their previous pick if they lost or got a draw in the last round.
For example, if your opponent played paper, play rock, because he is somehow likely to play cissor.

It's about knowing the person you are playing with. If you know that they are straightforward and not very smart or experienced with rps then they might throw out rock. If they are more experienced they might throw out paper which means you should throw out scissors. If they think you are experienced then they might try scissors to counter your theoretical paper, if you can anticipate this and throw out rock you win. Rock Paper Scissors is about understanding people.

Ask and I will deliver.

Never play scisors, only rock and paper. People play rock 46% or the time and play scissors 35% of the time. Paper is played the lease at only 19% of the time. Meaning rock is a good defensive play that will tie a little less than half the time and win a third of the time, it only loses in one fifth of the games. Paper on the other hand wins almost half the time but is more likely to lose.

Scissors is the worst bet, winning the least and losing the most.

That's why I just put my hand on autopilot. I never know what I'm going to throw until the round's already over.

Joke would have been better with lesbian.

Gordammit, Mango, I'm colorblind!

Well fuck, now I am just more confused.

>3 inanimate objects
>a narrative story
>Ladies and gentlemen: the human brain.

Step it up, user.

Wheeeee~!

But someone who knows you really well and knows your mentality, preferences, and how you act will be better able to guess what you throw because they might understand a little of your subconscious self.

> 6 squiggles
> a narrative story

Lesbians think all games are a form of rape.

ow

Is "Well" a euro-only variant ? Because here in france, it is always "Rock/Paper/Scissors/Well".
I'm really surprised not seeing it in this thread.

No, that's SJWs.

>Lesbians
>Not SJW's
You had one fucking job.

>For
>sale
>bs
>ah
>bo
>ye
>s
>never
>worn
???

Wolf wins, since that entry's listed under wolf.

Anything listed under an icon means that icon wins. So Wolf beats sponge, paper, moon, air, bowl, water, alien, dragon, devil, lightning, nuke, and dynamite.

How the fuck does paper beat the fucking moon?

Can't see the moon through paper, user.

The moon's just a big rock. Or cheese.

Damn paper, ruining our sexy moon faps.

>I hate how all these sjw CoD faggots are ruining RPS with 200 classes, builds, and /v/ cancer meta mentality!
>that's why I play OSSSS
>Old School Skin, Scissors, Stone

>Bitchslapping
>Not Karate Chopping
Bruh...

Basically go with statistics. If it's only 3 games, it's pretty hard to win consistently, but if you play longer and keep track, you can usually abuse your opponents patterns. If you play with the same people, you could easily do a flow chart of what they'll do and probably win from that if only because no one actually keeps track of what everyone else plays.

Never heard of well.

Oh boy down the rabbit hole we go.

The text is the Hemingway poem "For Sale; Baby Shoes, never worn". The layout of the letters is a reference to Loss, a CTRL+ALT+DEL comic where whatshername had a miscarriage in the name of cheap drama. Because of how hammy it was it got parodied to hell and back.

Scissors op. Pls nerf.

then you clearly didn't get the joke.

Different user here

"Lesbians" is much more humorous, because scissoring is a well-known lesbian sex practice. I understand why (you) wrote "trannies", but it was objectively the less-humorous response.

I suppose so, Brazil never heard of it

Alluding to trannies cutting off their dicks is more funny than alluding to a sex position.

1v1
three rounds two win
who dares

It was well/paper/scissors for me in Russia. And we were saying "tsu yeh fah" for some reason.

Everybody uses well only when you don't think you're playing the version with it so they can just fuck you over. Never trust wellfags.

you got meta-memed son

> BS AHBO YES

Indeed.

Don't dead open inside?

Rock then punch.

Yellow sword and Green armor.

Just because it doesn't feel right to post without the answer.

How much health do people have?
Is it real time action combat, or stand mmo style "click your opponent and wait for your avatar to attack every once and a while" combat

Too little information to work with. Players might have 25 health, in which case why would you ever not choose the green sword. Players might have 130 health, in which case there is no reason to pick anything other than the yellow sword.

"Attacks per minute" being a thing kinda presumes people have enough HP to survive more than one attack. There's not really a best combo in PvP, since the meta-game would be using whatever beats that, then the meta-meta-game would be to use whatever beats that, etc.

The stats for the swords follow
>Blue 8000 Damage per
>Red 8000 DP
>Yellow 7500 DP
>Green 9000 DP

Green sword is best sword

I don't see how attacks per minute even remotely implies that. And that is the fucking problem. You can't make decisions here without making baseless assumptions.

>And that is the fucking problem.
Chill, autismo. Winning means dealing more damage than you take.

"Best sword" depends on the enemy's armor. They have dodging chance (pure percent reduction) and nominal values (percentage of damage reduced varies by what the damage actually was).

If you're getting hit by something that does 100 damage, it's better to reduce it by 15% than by 10 points. If you're getting hit by something that does 20 damage, it's better to reduce it by 10 points than by 15%.

As a general guideline, flat damage reduction is better against low-damage attacks, while dodging chance is better against higher-damage ones.

Nah, everybody has 100 health. I have decided this because the picture does not say otherwise, therefore yellow sword is the best.

More like a story of Stockholm syndrome, a murder and a misguided revenge. Remeber that paper beats rock.

If best of three, play paper, then scissors.
Everyone plays rock first because it's bold. No one wants to be seen as weak. Play paper to win.
No one wants to be seen as predictable, either. Play scissors to either win or break even.

It didn't say people had HP at all, or that winning means reducing HP to 0, or that HP being at zero means you can't keep attacking. You're presuming all of that.
"Winning = dealing more damage than you take" is common sense given the info provided.

There was a moment where we needed to stop.

So in this imaginary MMO, how does combat go down? How does it conclude?

Do you just walk up to somebody and compare gear and determine which one wins from that? That sounds like a shitty MMO.

And it would make more sense for an MMO to have swords that deal 150 damage when all players are running around with 15hp, so everyone's constantly just one-shotting everyone else?
Thanks for the lesson on game design, At last I truly see.

The point I'm trying to make here is that it is a stupid prompt.

Next time I'll spell out "winning means dealing more damage than you take" to help out any turbo-autists for whom that statement isn't obvious.

I admire the tiny detail put into the different armor and swords.

>current throw played against previous throw
What happens if you both throw time machine? Or his previous throw was time machine? There's no metric for where it lies, dipshit.

But green sword beats that combination in every case, so then the meta would shift to green/yellow, which beats all other green sword combinations, and then the PVP arena would adjust to that, et cetera.
The deal about PVP is that it tends towards balancing itself unless one strategy is much better than any of the others. Obviously, it's not perfect, but it exists.

Outright tell them you're going to lead with rock, and the trick is you're actually going to do that. It's amazing how much this fucks with someone's head on deciding if you're telling the truth or not. Doesn't work on dense people though, because they will take you seriously and use paper.

Obviously the green weapon because it's a curved sword.

Green Sword + Yellow Armor

I can get in close and deal massive damage with my improved speed and I can tank at least one hit before I finish them off.

It's basically poker; the actual game itself is simple but the real strategy comes from predicting your opponent while not being predictable yourself.

t. Bart simpson

No we don't. Well is imbalanced. Fuck well.

>Google it
>The well wins against rock and scissors (because both fall into it) but loses against paper (because the paper covers it).
Why the fuck wouldn't the paper also fall into the well?

In the two versions I know, Aus and Nip it's standard RPS fare. Why the fuck would you add a well?

Time paradox, both players lose a point.

It's a big paper