sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
Have you actually used arcana material in game? How did it go?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029
vocaroo.com/i/s08JaT5DRJ0Q
store.steampowered.com/app/325600/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only thing we've used is revised ranger, then again the campaign I'm running is a longer one and the party tends too look out for their own hide first.

A player in my group is using Hexblade warlock. It sometimes happens where he'll curse a target, and then go to 0 HP before that target dies, and then another party member kills that cursed target. In this situation would he still gain the HP and come back from his death saving throws? The spell doesn't mention anything about it falling off if the warlock dies, only the 1 minute timer.

I have a revised ranger in my game, a deep stalker.

Had to adjust his first turn bullshit though, he was trivializing encounters.

I made it so that instead of always getting an extra attack and advantage on those who haven't moved on the first turn of combat, it's now a once per short rest ability that grants him the same thing, but can be activated on any turn.

Yup. No concentration is mentioned. He heals and gets back up

RAW, yes, it works even if the caster is unconscious.

RAI, hard to say. It would probably have been concentration if they didn't want that to happen.

It's be your call at that point, are you treating it like a pseudo concentration spell? Then no because he is unconscious, if not then I don't see why he wouldn't get the health.

What is the dumbest character concept you can come up with /5eg/?

Fighter 20

Personally I'd change it to once per combat but I can see where you're coming from.

Half orc wizard, dump stat int.

>not full orc

Orc Wizard would be up there. Might have been funny the first time someone made one but now it's a tired joke that's just stupid.

That's kind of a neat concept. Anyone know if there's a homebrew or something out there for a class that functions kind of like a necromancer, but instead of raising other dead corpses he raises himself? Or maybe some of his abilities are only triggered by hitting 0 HP, and he has some sort of mechanism for bringing himself back? It would have to be a high risk/reward if his goal is be near death.

I'd actually like to change my answer to play valor bard and act like a paladin instead of using the new UA

1. How do you feel about third-party, homebrewed, or generally nonofficial adventure paths?

2. Have you ever used one?

3. Did you like it, would you recommend it, etc etc?

Oath of treachery fallen aasimar. CRAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Could make something that gives him a boost to stats or a chunk of temp HP, fail a con saving throw and gain two levels of exhaustion succeed and gain only one. Have it proc when he is either hit and would be knocked out, or at a certain % of HP.

Shadow Sorcerer

strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029

Polls for each of the archetypes in the latest UA.

Undying Warlocks, Long Death Monks.

>it's not the players turn
>or "scene"
>afk on phone constantly
>his turn "on what happened?"
>"you don't know, you spaced out"
>bitchfit
>whines that one player stole dragon treasure and now they must fight it
>goes on for a good minute about how they don't stand a chance
>give him frightened status
>whines

Is it a good or bad idea to make an Orzhov themed Warlock, either sworn to a Vampire or the Ghost Council themselves? What's a good reason for him to adventure?

tell him not to show up if he doesn't have any intention of actually playing

The frightened status is a bit much, but the first part is the only good way to handle that.

Don't know if anyone here cares. That planescape timer people were getting worked up about being a D&D product's just the Enhanced Edition of the game.

What?

There was a timer website with a countdown a while back. Had Planescape on it.

People were getting excited saying it's a 5e planescape product but thankfully it's not.

Any homebrew adventure doesn't feel homebrew. That's what D&D is supposed to be like, creative your own adventures.

One that you buy in the form of a book is just a little more fleshed out and detailed than one you cobbled together in your scrapbook.

>Perfect opportunity to unite video game and traditional games together
>Create companion book about all the outer and inner planes, their environment and all the creatures that live there, alongside enhanced release of Planescape using 5e mechanics
>Lol no here's your 1080p graphic version ya nub

Oh boy, I'm so excited. Remember enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate?

>I have to be going now

>Create companion book about all the outer and inner planes, their environment and all the creatures that live there
After the SCAG I honestly don't have high hopes for setting material this edition. Maybe it was just the fact the very first book we got was set in the worst setting, in the worst part of it only but it wasn't that great. Volo's is good, but that's just monsters.

To be fair if you don't play the terrible DLC or touch the new companions, the Enhanced Edition was good. Beamdog can't write for shit but they did fix the gameplay up a bit.

>D&D videogame
>Good

There hasn't been one that has come close to being worth it in recent years.

>What can change the gender of man?

Reminder: vocaroo.com/i/s08JaT5DRJ0Q

In Sigil that'd be barely noticeable.

If your companions include a man eternally on fire, a talking skull, a chaste succubus, and a cube that talks to his crossbows, then that shit's not going to be important, it'd be, what, a 50gp sphere in the public sensatorium?

Other than re-releases, I'd say Neverwinter Nights 2 was the last good one.

Remember how that is a single character that you have to purposely follow a dialogue tree to learn that single detail about, only after asking her?

It's not like she comes right out and says "HI GUYS I USED TO BE A GUY BUT NOW I'M NOT A GUY I'M A GIRL." It's actually the opposite - you have to pester her. By telling her that her name sounds weird, apropos nothing, despite the fact that CHARNAME's come across way weirder. And even then she's polite about it.

TL;DR - this, children, is what we call making a mountain out of a molehill.

What year was Neverwinter Nights 2 released? That was the last good one as far as I care.

If they made something like that with 5e rules I'd buy it in a second.

That actual thing is small as hell but the DLC is shit. Writing's terrible and the level design is weird compared to the original games.

store.steampowered.com/app/325600/

Spoiler: It sucks

>Implying they'll make any effort to make it believable

Eh, I enjoyed it, if for nothing else that it somehow managed to get me to care about Skie, of all characters.

Damnit, I want something in BGII or a BGIII or something that can resolve that Skie subplot.

Is it Sword Coast Legends? I'm not even going to click that link.

See they fucked it up there because they made D&D: Diablo Edition, not D&D 5e the game.

>It's not like she comes right out and says "HI GUYS I USED TO BE A GUY BUT NOW I'M NOT A GUY I'M A GIRL."
Actually, that's exactly how it was. That's why both sides rightfully raised a shitfest, causing the character's dialogue to be rewritten.

It's really sad to see people who can't move on

LMoP

Party has spent..... two months, ingame and out doing side quests and other things.

They are level 7, started at 1

They just killed venomfang, now an adult dragon, and searching neverwinter forest for cragmaw castle

I've introduced the lords alliance as a kind of military arm of neverwinter, and a small group of knights searching for sildar and unraveling the black spider.

My question is, should the knights have already been to cragmaw and saved the dwarf - or should I have the dwarf die?

I'm thinking of making the lords alliance antagonistic but good rivals for the party, to be flabbergasted that there are other forces of good.

Yea, I understand if you don't want to contaminate your browser history with that shit.

man, I dunno. Is D&D even in a healthy spot anymore?

>If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

>causing the character's dialogue to be rewritten.

1) I hadn't heard of that and would like a sauce please;
2) Even if that's the case, that still leaves us with the official release of the game having the current dialogue, where you have to pester Mizhena.

I don't judge Back to the Future on the fact that the secret to time travel was originally supposed to be the formula for Coca-cola, I judge it based on the finished product that we actually got.

You're on the wrong website if you can't be anal about some bullshit that doesn't belong in this thread at all and doesn't matter.

There will never be a BGIII that will decent, I'm sorry.

I like to think it could be because 5e is actually a good system, if a little bit bland. If they make one original setting that gets even half decent reviews and I'll say it's going the right way.

Oh boy! Now maybe we can get our hands on the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum.

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing

hi druid

Who?

My player's are doing Death House and decided to take the 4 sets of Plate Armour in one of the rooms. Will it unbalance anything if I let them take those?

Things taken from Death's House usually crumble after being taken out of it.

Probably make their lives easier, but not break. I'd force them to hunt someone to fit it to their size. Armor isn't one size fits all.

>go into enchanted woods with a simple goal
>capture the kitsune loli and bring her back alive
>try charming her out first
>forget that kitsunes are natural charmers
>wake up to find the bard half naked and wearing lipstick
>all right, trap time
>we do a pit trap
>easy enough
>just dig a hole
>lay something thin overtop to conceal
>and bait with juicy meal
>she vineswings over it and grabs the food
>it was our best meat, too
>gloves off time
>we chase her up a tree
>give her an ultimatum
>tree says hold the fuck up
>god damn it, enchanted woods
>have to play a riddle game while the kitsune laughs her ass off up in the branches
>bard gets impatient
>bard gets tackled by dryads
>rogue absconds
>I swear to plant 30 trees in return for not dying
>loli is poof
>fuck's sake
>find her playing in the river running through the woods
>rogue wants to kill her
>ooooh so tempting
>no, sneaky navy seal time
>we go under, sneak to where she is, and burst out of the eater
>all four of us
>except there were only three of us
>one of is a very angry, very large catfish
>a catfish with a boston accent that curses like a sailor
>our GM sometimes, goddamn
>we get about halfway shitslapped by a fish
>somehow actually manage to grab the girl in the midst of this
>bundle and get like the gettin' s good
>except we didn't bundle her mouth tight enough
>she says treasure
>rogue, greediest bastard since someone invented a bank, is all ears
>runs off with her to a giant beehive
>find him partially cocooned in honey a few hours later, kitsune taunting is from atop a tree
>god fucking damn it

You have to go back.

I was just fucking around, also it's good to see someone use the screencap I made.

Would giving all martial classes (Rouge, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger and Monk) a free feat at first level bridge the gap between them and Casters?

What if it's a small selection of feats? Maybe further restricted for the 1/2 casters.

I'd say the good options would be Martial Adept, Skilled, Any of the Armored feats, Heavy Armor Master, and Crossbow Expert.

Any others? I'd never allow powergamer feats at this level, like Lucky (I hate that feat so much) or Alert.

stop

You fundemantally misunderstand the problem, so it's best that you don't do anything.

Stop dabbling in the matters beyond your understanding.

>okay guys, let's see what you rolled up

>this is bob, my paladin. he's a variant human with polearm mastery, and I took tunnel fighter as my fighting style

>my character is geoff, a variant human tunnel-fighter fighter. he fights with a polearm.

>i rolled a revised ranger, since you said some unearthed arcana was ok. his name is frank, and he fights with a polearm. i used my level one feat to get polearm mastery, and i'm thinking of taking tunnel fighter

I've posted on last thread, but I've remade the Codex with most of the Unearthed Arcanas.
Wizard Revisited and Mystic Class with most stuff from the UAs.

No, but monk needs to use either Rogue or Fighter ASI's.

The better question is, how is her name weird at all in comparison to any of the others?

Imoen... I moan? Jaheira, kinda like Shakira? A man named Minsc, with a hamster named Boo? Viconia? Edwin Odesseiron? Khalid? Dynaheir? Xzar?

I'm just saying.

Personally I don't see a problem at all, but solutions to this "problem" seem to get a lot of traction around here.

If the issue is 6th level + spells, then give the feat then, around level 12, easy.

>party getting unnerved and frustrated with me for executing all of the goblins and shit the bard puts to sleep

"Crazy" Moe Kazoblyakowitz the paladin

he was a homeless man and instead of platemail i asked the dm if i could refluff it so he was wearing a trashcan with a hole cut out the bottom for his head to fit through, and used a broken bottle for my greatsword

yea
we know
you want a hug or something...?

No need to be an ass

I will soon play TftYP. This is how our party looks so far:
>Me as a Half-Orc Stone Sorcerer
>A Goblin Knight who goes Str instead of Dex
>A Mystic who focuses on supporting the party
>Last player hasn't said what he wants to play yet, but its something supportive

How will it go? I'm kinda uncertain because we have no Dex character who could disarm traps or open locks.

You're not smarter than the devs
Just play the fucking game

Proooobably not too well. Two support characters?

These are the same devs who made Mystic and Loremaster, right?

Just think how dumb that makes you.

Those are just UA
Do you need a cat scan?

Ouch.

Yeah, the last person could be anything. Cleric or Bard wouldn't be so bad though.

But at least Stone Sorcerer and Knight have some neat synnergy

Healer monk, stone sorc and revised ranger will be in my campaign, so far we've just finished session 0. I've established with everyone that that details can and will be changed after discussing with player but have no plans beyond probably limiting primeval awareness to Divine Sense frequency.

The saddest part about orc wizard for me is that a mountain dwarf plays the same concept so much better.

Insulting remark about your intelligence so I fit in.

This. Personally, I add purity of body a level earlier, and drop the extra ASI at level 10.

Go back to pol.

What's the difference?

Fuck off to tumblr.

what is ASI

Get back to fucking.

you dumb motherfucker

Since WotC apparently hates monks what's a better alternative to the drunken master than what they gave us?

it's still better than 4 elements though, I guess

play something else you weeb

>Since WotC apparently hates monks what's a better alternative to the drunken master than what they gave us?
Another edition. Another game.

I don't want no trouble

I'm pretty sure it's short for ability score improvement but no guarantee

well you found it, buddy