MTG COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL

Shitty Kaladesh Masterpieces edition

>Playing
>Stomping
>Hating
>Brewing

Who in the name of god gave these abominations the go ahead?

Do you buy these as a Jund player? What do you think it'll be worth?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/846850855626145792
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>get any of these in japanese
>put it in any awful control shell
>win as every game 2 goes to time with all the judge calls

remake OP with actually magic related pic plz

these are hella nice, cant wait to pull one

(Repostan)
I do like that they are gold. Wonder if they'll make all masterpiece cards gold going forward.

Also, is it just the lighting or does Cryptic Command kinda look white-blue?

kek

Look at this fucking monstrosity.

This has to be a joke. Early April fools or something.

Honestly the only thing that really throws these cards off is the retarded pillar boarders, they would look actually pretty nice if someone took that away and the stupid hieroglyphics. Oh well these will still be expensive

I cannot believe these are real, I mean I know how shit WOTC are but these are a whole new level.

what the fuck am i looking at

This is how MTG cards will be printed from now on, get used to it

You know, if they go for cheap I might just chuck a copy into the Jund to tilt my opponent even more for over overcommitting with that second Noble Hierarch.

The white ones look less bad because of the side coloring

Wizards could shit on a piece of paper and if it would be super expensive as long as it was rare enough

remember bois, it's real

twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/846850855626145792

>Aven Mindcensor
>Maelstrom Pulse

Holy shit, would it kill those kikes to properly reprint cards that are in demand?

Countespell? Wrath? There is no fucking logic to this shit.

It looks like the top of the picture got cut off.

I'm on abzan coco, my opponent is on dome nahiri shell.

I dont have the combo in hand. Do I just play my creatures into an inevitable wrath/anger? Or let him set up a blood moon and chalice while I just sit and wait for a good play?

Reprinting a card at the ultra mythic rarity would do shit to the price. These are meant to be super rare collector items. Hell, reprinting Goyf at mythic did barely anything.

They're doing mind twist and force also

That's bullshit. Many of these cards need normal reprints.

Do the Jews just hate Egypt or something?

this looks a lot better

>No rebecca guay art
They better fire whover had the idea of doing that

They walked out, so I would assume so.

It's shit boys

So why can't I play Magic Duels?

The Mind Twist actually looks a bit better than the rest, since the black works with the black accents, and the art is pretty good.

Force is shit in every respect though

>that force of will

Thats going to be the first case of masterpiece promo being cheaper than the original.

the cards look far better in paper
the dumb 3d border looks normal

Never underestimate the power of Legacy autists who want to be special.

>The Mind Twist actually looks a bit better than the rest, since the black works with the black accents, and the art is pretty good.

This, mind twist is mint as fuck. They should change that little black accent to being the cards color as well, because it really makes the cards look too cluttered

And on top of this, mind twists actual art is fucking sick

It has a old-style art feel

WOTC internet defense force please fuck off

Yeah, Moses would agree.

dont forget EDH nerds

>REEEEE YOU CAN'T HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM ME, YOU'RE A SHILL REEEEE
damn it, you got me, my cover's blown

I feel like it's irresponsible to express praise for the company's few good ideas (and I'm not saying these are good ones) without tempering the statement with some acknowledgement that this is not the sort of shit that addresses any of the problems the game is having as a game and its affordability.

It's like standing in a tornado-blasted ruin and telling the people there, "what a nice sunny day it is."

It just feels ignorant of you to send any good will their way. I understand this stuff was already in the pipeline by the time they announced that they needed to unfuck themselves but now they need to apply a salve to soothe all the butthurt for the next three years until decisions made today can come into realization. And quite frankly, I'm not seeing it; I'm not seeing how any of my money spent on their game has been used to make the game better or sustainable in any way.

I don't care how rare it happens, I don't want to play in a Limited format where I can fucking get Worship played on me or get Mind Twisted. Or Bonfire of the Damned in MM3.

I'm legitimately going to call a Judge when I see one of these played.

>I don't care how rare it happens, I don't want to play in a Limited format where I can fucking get Worship played on me or get Mind Twisted. Or Bonfire of the Damned in MM3.
>I don't want to lose in Limited

Look user, while I agree that these masterpieces are fugly and that you shouldn't be able to use them in limited, you and I aren't WotC's audience any more. Idiots are. Seriously, people who give a fuck aren't the audience, only people who don't give a shit are the audience. Nothing you and I do will change their minds, so we may as well save our money.

Repetitive, facetious judge calls will get you kicked.

There is actually a notable issue with these: they lack either a black or white border, which the Comps call out as necessary for tournament-legal cards. This is (part of the reason) why you can't play gold-border or silver-border cards in tournaments. These will need a special allowance or be caught by the same issue.

>Implying I'm going to do it more than once a tourney
>Implying someone couldn't reasonably make the case they don't think it's a real Magic Card

>tfw I actually like the new masterpieces

> 3.3 Authorized Card
> Players may use any cards from special sets, supplements, and promotional printings that, unaltered, meet the following conditions:
> The card has black or white borders

Oh my

I see black on those borders senpai.

They're probably just gonna change 3.3 to include these, somehow. It'll be retarded but there it is. Or maybe they won't be tournament legal. That'd be a hell of a twist.

>mfw that's why the black accents are there

If these aren't tournament legal they will be worth less than 5 dollars at most.

This might be a way to get non-standard border cards legal. They print these, then change the rules. This allows them to potentially reprint things that they couldn't necessarily reprint before.

I guess it's time for me to go away then.

I've actually already packed up all my competitive Magic shit into a box for storage and donated all my loose stuff to my store. All that's left is a Cube that I'm going to continue maintaining like a 400-card deck.

Every time I've written Wizards I've gotten just a "we appreciate your concern..." response.

The last thing to do really is just to leave Veeky Forums.

>writing letters to wizards
Top Autism

Not the guy you're talking to, but

>Not voicing your concerns as a consumer when you have an issue with a product

Literally die.

>I guess it's time for me to go away then.
Sad but possible. I've basically done it myself. I sell cards still (it's a living) but I don't really play.

>I've actually already packed up all my competitive Magic shit into a box for storage and donated all my loose stuff to my store. All that's left is a Cube that I'm going to continue maintaining like a 400-card deck.
Cube's always fun. Honestly, playing casually with friends is never out of style. Maybe shift gears and jam games with pals?

>Every time I've written Wizards I've gotten just a "we appreciate your concern..." response.
That's both unsurprising and depressing. At least you tried. Vote with your wallet I guess.

>The last thing to do really is just to leave Veeky Forums.
Eh, Veeky Forums ain't so bad. Stick around, join the shitposters.

You're not a consumer though, I'm sure you buy strictly from the secondary market

Look on the bright side: you'll probably be able to pick them up pretty cheap.

This is a stupid post

I fucked your mother

like this?

>join the shitposters

Seriously, this is what everyone should do this. I stopped playing mtg years ago and shit posting is the only reason I don't filter these threads out.

so whats the masterpieces theme this time? hate cards?

Wanna know how I know you have no clue about economics?

>A single card out of the lot isn't an aesthetic mess
>If you point out something that's okay, you're literally Hitler because you're condoning the practices

fuck off

like this

I've been hateposting against Wizards here for almost two years. I'm a bit tired because it seems like not enough people here change.

The entirety of Veeky Forums should have completely boycotted MM3 and/or hated on the set in real life. And while a fair chunk of people said it was bullshit, there were still people who were excited. And I can't tell if they're just fucking ignorant or shills but either way, the conclusion either way isn't comforting. And it's the same at the store - it's like these people are completely numb to how completely shit Wizards is treating its players; the funniest thing is that the only person at my store who actually understands is the store owner because he actually runs a fucking business and he's tired of the disproportionate amount of effort it takes to support Magic for the return - it's a worthwhile return but the fucking lip-time and repeated effort you have to exert is a lot. Wizards just dumps all the horrible customer service onto the stores and they make the job harder every time they introduce some new novelty bullshit because Magic players can't seem to use Google.

Same theme it's always been.
>We want Cube/EDH players to buy packs

Good colored spells, I guess? Since they already did both customarily colorless types I guess this was all they could think of.

Disruption.

Autism

I would actually be okay with the fakey sand nigger font if the rest of the card looked like this

>IMAELSTROMPULSEI

What did they mean by that?

How the fuck do people win games with Grim Flayer in their deck? Card is beyond bad but some faggot 8-0'd the MOCS with this retarded 22-land abzan list

You could have grizzly bears as your threat in mid range, the discard does all the work

It's not really that terrible, when both players are topdecking it's pretty good, filters draws and what not. It's not great, but it's okay.

It's Veeky Forums. People actually getting convinced of something and changing their minds here is a myth. Use your time and energy to do something more productive than trying to recruit internet strangers to your cause against a gaming company.

Does this mean counterspell is now modern legal?

Probably not. But maybe.

No

They printed Sol Ring as a masterpiece, it doesn't mean Sol Ring is now modern legal.

???

So they're reprinting it for what, legacy?

no, it also doesn't mean that chain lightning is now legal
if this made things legal, everything from eternal masters would have been made legal too, it's one of those special sets

It's collectors items

only problem is that the cards are so fucking ugly that no one will collect them

Anywhere it's already legal
Legacy, commander, pauper, whatever.

>it's one of those special sets

Somebody give me a quick rundown on this shit. What are "special" sets and what are "normal" ones?

If its not printed for standard its in the "special" category.

>Use your time and energy to do something more productive
True.

But that just means that the ultimate conclusion is to let the game go to shit because the overseers are fucking retarded. If trying to change things online and in real life isn't important than what is?

There's a surprising amount of stuff that goes to shit.

there's no hard and fast way to tell, wizards just kinda decides when to make one. the expedition/masterpiece sets along with all of the masters sets are good examples of special sets, along with commander decks and the sort
as long as it isn't being printed as a new set for standard, it's safe to assume it's one of those special sets

>There's a surprising amount of stuff that goes to shit.

It's like that overused batman line, "you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

>m-m-muh magic is dying! Fuck you wizards I know literally every set you put out sells better than the last one and millions of people enjoy your game but do things the way I say ;_; a bloo bloo bloo
Yeah fucking kill yourselves.

Popularity =/= quality

Yeah when their sales start to decline then maybe they'll listen to your autistic cries

Not an argument.

>mfw I can induce even more autistic rage by countering someone's spell

You think that just because everyone owns an iPhone and Apple is the richest company in the world that means they've obviously producing the best conceivable product?

Or that just because Magic rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue that must mean it's in the very best and sustainable state?

Magic is the fucking Emperor, no one is even close from getting him of his golden throne, but everyone has spent the last 10000 years saying its already dead.

I mean, considering millions of people love magic and still play it and enjoy it and buy it, and you're just a whiny faggot on the Internet, yes I do believe mtg is the best card game and while they're not perfect they do an excellent job. Maybe if you kill yourself you'll be happy.

I think I'd be happy if you killed yourself instead

Check it out guys, hot new leak

What's next in the way of cards with on-death triggers? When will wiz stop printing OP bullshit like pics related?

God and I thought the aesthetics couldn't get any worse after that sideways flip card. I'd just about acclimated to the boring identical overly-photoshopped digital art on every single card. I've given up on the storyline ever being interesting or a single likeable character ever getting introduced. I even managed to tolerate Kaladesh's hideous bulbous magitek bullshit. And then they pull this.

What the actual fuck.