/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 15 (1d26)

INITIAL D-STRENGH, Custodes Edition

Punished Mortarion sub-edition

We gave back pats and Primarch seniority was discussed. Multiple tech-heresies are starting, and we had a fun discussion of the armour-piercing capabilities of mace-type weapons. All of that and much more in the previous thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318
>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PVxaL8CAO4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

something something ninth

>Rolled 15
>First for the Ninth
Did the Blood Angels ever fight the Thousand Sons in any major battle before Terra? A "who rocks red marines better" engagement.

Might convert a forge lord in cataphractii terminator armor + conversion beamer mostly for the look. However, has anyone found them useful in game? Normally run SoH with pods and melee though

Don't think so. Signus Prime was the only major engagement BA took part of before Terra. Maybe Angelus will fluff it out.

> +45pts more expensive than same (and shitty) wargears equipped Praetor

Abaddon go kill yourself

> Anyone have Vulkan vs. the Beast fight scene screencap?

According to the Custodes Codex all the Custodes besides the 300 companions have left Terra on a crusade because they're so inspired by roboute guilliman

It also established that for the last 10,000 years any custodes who feels unfit to serve the emperor would abandon his armor and roam the galaxy in a black cloak. Dunno what that's all about.

>Dunno what that's all about.

Cypher

So like 9.7 Chapters size Custodes fighting head-on now?

If you're going for the cool Forgelord Conversion Beamer factor, then do it. Just saying, terminator armour would be overdressing him, but his squad would be a decent sniper squad with 36" range Rad Missile servitors.
Fuck FW creep, man.

I think Bike or Jetbike might be more practical.

>any custodes who feels unfit to serve the emperor would abandon his armor and roam the galaxy in a black cloak
It's amazing the jobs one can just quit from.

I wonder why they couldn't give terminators havoc launchers (like how contemptor CML is a havoc launcher in 30k) and leave CML for special units as the new hotness. Cataphractii with big meaty missile batteries is pure secks and only 2 legions having access to them is a crime against humanity.

You swore right. It's still missing a tabard, and possibly something I haven't thought about yet, but otherwise I'm happy with the results.

>What bitz did you use on his torso?

MkIII exhausts.

Tyrants and Fulemntari can.

ITT: Primarchs that surmounted incredible odds to conquer their homeworlds

NOT SO FAST ANGRONFAGS

This is probably a dumb question, but can Custodians still be created post-Golden Throne?

I always thought their creation was one of those "Emperor only knows" kinda things

The only thing he conquered was a prison, he nuked the entire planet with civilians and all, thats genocide not conquest.

>I always thought their creation was one of those "Emperor only knows" kinda things
Same, but I guess GW needs and excuse to sell Custards, so they're still made, only slower.

All the Primarchs had to overcome their autism.

Hey there.

>so they're still made, only slower
Do we know this for sure? They could have all been made pre-Heresy.

there really is only one true answer to this

Well, you had a point until Inferno all but came out and said he was made specifically to conquer that planet.

What about Fulgrim? He was adopted by poorfags and had no scolarships like Guilliman or Perturabo :^)
Being a pretty mutant among rad mutants doesn't seem like too much of an odd when conquerind your rad-hell of a homeworld.

Hi, /hhg/, how is this list look like? Any suggestions? I'm all ears.

>Corax manages to conquer a fucking prison moon
>Angron can't even manage to overthrow a government with 7,000 hardened Nails-maddened gladiators

Do you guys think the backpack braziers are too silly for 30k?

I'm trying to model Amon and I want to try to convey his armor of shades with black flame.

not my mini obviously

>7000 roided out thugs with brain damage can't compete with a trained and organized military
Really activates my almonds.

>7000 roided out thugs with brain damage can't compete with a trained and organized military
>But Corax's malnourished prisoner followers can

>The primarch that can become invisible at will manages to escape prison and nukes civilians
Against all odds.
>Too silly
Not in 30k it ain't.
Besides, braziers at reverse-silly. They're cool.

>and nukes civilians

Corax a gud boi, dindu nuffin, dem muthafuckaz wuz exploiting his people n shit

Do people in ultramar (including Bobby G when he is not in armour) wear Roman style robes or is that just artistic license with fanart

Anyone that makes corax out to be innocent or perfectly noble doesn't understand the point of his story arc. At the heart he's painted as a pragmatist above all else with the long term goal of making imperial governance universally decent to its citizens (40k imperium is basically his worst nightmare made real). The arc of his story is a tragedy, as it should be, and is something of a microscope mirror of what the setting is which can be boils down to "even gods and demigods trying their best fail and everything gets worse because of it"

Ultramar culture seems very roman natively. Except for Fulgrim and Magnus, there's no real evidence of primarchs promoting art and culture.

Not in Calth. They prefeer hazmat suits there.

Social democrat Corax?

>Imperium
>democracy

Can Solar Auxilia use Sub Orbital Strike Wings?

In essence, can I take a couple Vulture Gunships in my LoW slot?

I can take up to 3 according to the rules, but nowhere does it specify to whom its for.

>with the long term goal of making imperial governance universally decent to its citizens (40k imperium is basically his worst nightmare made real).

Next time you could read buddy. Anyway it was just a joke

Still a bit pissed that Battle for the Abyss was retconned to "Lorgar expected it to fail anyway because lololz the Pantheon told him it would fail"

No detail is ever really given besides a few notes about the governments they leave behind on planets they bring to compliance and his intentions for 'after the crusade' but given his whole bent is anti-slaver and anti-tyrant, I'd be willing to bet something more along the lines of reppublicanism mixed with benevolent dictatorship, as those tend to be the most stable long-term models. (Athenian democracy only lasted a few hundred years and we haven't gotten much farther yet)

It's an interesting facet to his character personally. and one that might have made for more interesting writing than some of the 'muh chaos' tripping. (Gav, seriously, it wouldn't have hurt to explore a few other things)

>Fulgrim performs the Ferrus special on Bobby G and he still comes back
Did the Pantheon told him Horus would end up obliterated and that his shitty first captain would be more of the God's chosen than either the Warmaster or himself would ever be?

Were there any Primarchs who had boring lives before being found?

Like;

>The Emperor knocks on an elderly couple's door, asks if their son is here.
>Sits down at a table far too small for him, is served tea.
>Primarch comes down, wedges himself into a seat at the tiny table, pours himself a tea, asks what this is about
>*gasp* "I'm adopted?"

>Did the Pantheon told him Horus would end up obliterated and that his shitty first captain would be more of the God's chosen than either the Warmaster or himself would ever be?

Hey under ABD anything's possible, with Lorgar reaching Alpha-Legion-tier "Just as planned" levels

>Hey under ADB anything' possible

Competent loyalists

>Gosh Mr Emperor, I can't drop everthing to become a space general, I have a very important job handling shipping and receiving forms for a major corporation.

Fulgrim started out as a miner.
Vulkan was a regular smith and Mortarion spent his time as a farmer and handyman, but both ended up rallying the population against the inhuman menace.
Had the Emperor arrived a bit earlier, he would've been surprised at how His children were able to live normie lifes despite how big they were.

Corax could literally turn invisible. Just wait till a few of the guards aren't quite paying attention, and unlock the cells. A few prisoners will die, but they should be able to sufficiently bumrush the guards and steal their weapons, rinse and repeat.

And Curze was eating human flesh!

Well that might be 'live normie life' for his hometown, though.

I think it was the second Nightlords novel they fought like super competent Marines Errant who fought with discipline and tactics, and the Talos was kind of jelly of it.

It is now my headcanon that one of the missing Primarchs was an earnest young man who said "gosh" a lot and just wasn't cut out for all this space empire business.

Battle for the abyss was super mediocre in comparison with the first heretic or betrayer where the word bearers are portrayed as little more than standard 40k chaos space marines

Normie or not, I doubt that qualifies as "boring", user.
>Ugh, human meat AGAIN?
>I wish I had tasty Child NoodlesTM at least.

He was wishing for either dog meat or pork in that scene IIRC. Still, exciting.

>where the word bearers are portrayed as little more than standard 40k chaos space marines
>go back to dying like standard 40k chaos space marines in Know No Fear

Kek yes but know no fear is full ultramarine wank so that doesn't count. i think Mark of Calth does the job of showing the war on Calth better

>know no fear is full ultramarine wank so that doesn't count

If only 1/4 of the anthology wasn't that travesty of a McNeill story.

>Wears glasses and an ill-fitting suit
>Very clumsy, doesn't seem to quite grasp he isn't normal person sized
>Completely leans on his captains for actual millitary strategy
>Soft hearted, doesn't throughly purge anyone, believes in "second chances"
>Eventually they just kinda tell him to go home and have all his marines join the Ultras.
>Strike his name from imperial records to avoid the embarrassment
>Still alive working an office job in the 41st millenia. Tells people he's "Just a tall perpetual".

This site has the best reaction images, even when I not always understand them.

Phil from accounting, Primarch of the XI legion.

>"I'm sorry Ventanus, there will be no going back to Graham McNeill's Calth That Was™"

>>Very clumsy, doesn't seem to quite grasp he isn't normal person sized
2bh that'd be actually funny
youtube.com/watch?v=PVxaL8CAO4M

So hes a discount Fulgrim? No wonder he got purged, at least Fulgrim got promoted to planetary leader.

To be fair, Phil is a -very- good accountant. If his planet hadn't been cut off by a warp storm by Tzeentch specifically to avoid it, he'd probably be running the Administratum like a well-oiled machine by now.

Does the Disciplined Fire rule give +1BS to Fists with bolters in overwatch?
As a reference, Sons of Horus' Death Dealers explicitly mentions situations in which the bonus doesn't apply - Fury of the Legion, Snap Shots, Chain Fire - whereas there's no such mention in the Disciplined Fire entry.

>there's no real evidence of primarchs promoting art and culture.
That's not true, Angron and his boys makes killing an art. Their foes blood are the paint and the ground is the canvas.

The Ultras get rekt in Know No Fear. I don't really know what you're talking about.

>Angron and his boys makes killing an art. Their foes blood are the paint and the ground is the canvas.

If only Angron made conquering his home planet an art :^)

Don't bully Angron, he's special.

Angron is basically a case of the Emperor doing his level best to intentionally cause a Khornate Primarch to be a thing.

Abaddon needs a paragon blade instead of his sword and Eternal Warrior.

The Emperor is an evil overlord, and the Primarchs are his quirky gang of minibosses.

It would deeply amuse me if in new 40k releases the Primarchs, both loyalist and Daemon, consistently ignore Abaddon and focus on one another.

"Not now Ezekyle, grownups are talking."

If only I had a free chainaxe to mess you up with.

His failures had to start somewhere.

But every Daemon Primarch literally bent the knee to Abaddon like the pussies they are.

Guilliman killing word bearers without helmet in space for days after surviving a explosion is pretty stupid

?
No

Friendly reminder that traitors are shitheads.

>If only I had a free chainaxe to mess you up with.

Khârn really is wasted on the World Eaters 2bh

I don't think it was days but you have a point there. Didnt the ship have an atmosphere though?

Abaddon needs more positive 30k fluff for himself. Many other first captain equivalents have a lot of fluff about them being either amazing swordsmen or powerful psykers or consummate generals with rules to match but Abaddon is basically (Kharn x Horus)/10

Wait, can you do that with PA fuckhuge pauldron?

Kharn -is- the World Eaters, in both incarnations.

Pre-heresy he kept them functioning, post-heresy he exemplified their new nature as kill-above-all-else nutbags.

>that line in Betrayer where he acknowledges that the greatest strength of the War Hounds was their brotherhood, and that they're rapidly losing that

I don't know why people keep peddling this out, it was a few hours in the book and larger ships were known to keep a small amount of atmosphere around them. It isn't entirely unreasonable that a primarch could survive this considering everything else they are shown to put up with.

>primarch survives a nuke
seems legit

>primarch lifts up a titan
yeah okay

>primarch has a mountain shattering duel with the emperor
nothing unreasonable there

>primarch holds his breath
omg fuck BL, bad writing, Guill is a sue

/100 crunch as well.

I mean come on, the guy supposed to be rival Sig, Kharn, Eidolon and shit. Even Sev have badass unique rule for god's sake.

Fuck you ultramarine

>t. salty word bearer

>primarch survives a nuke
Vulkan died for the first time on Isstvan V.

>primarch lifts up a titan
No, he doesn't.

>primarch has a mountain shattering duel with the emperor
Well it's was the Gorgon after all, not many more, if any, could have handled that.

>primarch holds his breath
Extremely thin atmosphere created as a side-effect of giant ships' gravity drives.

>t. salty ultramarine

Yeah, i don't even particularly like abaddon but for a guy whose name was known throughout the galaxy, almost to the extent of the primarchs he really doesn't have a lot going for him

Except you know forcing all the traitor primarchs to bow before him and taming a daemon more powerful than the Emperor.

Vulkan tanked an Attack Moon gravity weapon that shattered mountains.

I'm actually a salty homo forest angel

Bitch, the traitor Primarch serve at Abaddon's pleasure by the will of the gods. He is their Warmaster and he is the Chaos Ascendant.

That was post heresy, we are talking 30k era.

I'm obviously a word bearer.
Don't defend the ultras, you are traitor too :^)