Advice for a Skitarii Cosplay

Hey I'm trying to go to Anime Blues Con as a Skitarii ranger, and I'm not sure what lore specifics I need to be aware of when trying to make this thing. I actually am rather new to the whole 40k game and I have fallen in love with the Skitarii

Also as material tips and tricks will help out as well

The Skitarii codex goes into great detail about how each Forge World's Skitarii has their own color scheme. If you don't have it already I suggest you at least borrow it and take a look at that section.

For general cosplay tips, I strongly recommend you put a microphone into your mask and hook it to a voice amplifier. Having to remove the mask every couple of minutes to talk gets annoying quick. For my Tech-Priest cosplay I also hooked a hydration tube into the mask so I don't have to take it off to drink water. It was hooked into a canteen that I kept in a canvas backpack.

I'm also hoping to do a Skitarii cosplay.
However, I literally have no idea how to make a cosplay.
Canna user get some full advice?
(and maybe instructions if that's ok)

My plan is to sew my own cloak type thing and mount the armor onto the clothing for easy donning and removal

Ok, seems legit.

Sewing, I can handle.

However, how does one make the armor and mask?

Hmm. Would I need to order a voice amplifier or can you find in any stores?

I am thinking of using either aluminum sheet metal, or flooring foam. Main issue is the convention has no ac and is in the middle of the summer in fuckin memphis TN. So I am going to try and jerry rig som fans to a battery pack in the suit but idk

I ordered pic related off eBay. I don't know of any stores that will carry them.

>voice amplifier
Alright I think I found a decent one for pretty cheap on amazon. Any particular gas mask you use or did you just make one?

I bought a paint respirator from Home Depot and altered it so I could put the mic and hydration tube through the holes where the filters normally go.

Nice. I guess I'll go check a surplus stor for a full face one but im a poorfag So i may need to do some digging. BTW thanks for the help I tried to ask on /cgl/ and got a ton of shit and no advice. Thanks!

I know you're on a schedule but I think the biggest mistake people new to cosplay make is rush things. Just take the time to do research and don't rush the actual crafting process. Please read the paint/material labels to make sure you are handling them safely!

Omnissiah guide you.

>I am thinking of using either aluminum sheet metal, or flooring foam.
Word from the wise. Cardboard, paper-mache, and chickenwire can take you a LONG way in terms of cosplay. I'd start with those way before moving onto sheet metal (yes, even bendy-ass aluminum). The foam is a good idea for large object like rifle's stock and magazine, the Crux Mechanicus, and maybe parts of the backpack. Get some plastic tubing for the rifle barrel and you're nearly there.

I'd advise hitting your local thrift shops and just seeing what you can scavenge. Spare linens and old robes could be a god-send for making some of the cloak, and a cheap-o pair of tall boots might make converting up some metal legs easier. Hell, you could even get lucky enough to find an actual gas mask to convert up. Other than that, cardboard can be found behind almost any store, and Home Depot (or anywhere close) sells chickenwire n' piping (or wooden dowels) for pennies on the dollar.

Good luck on your Holy task, brother. Blessings of the Omnissiah be upon you. I expect holo-picts posted when your task is complete.

Also some cons are non-metal so aluminum might not be allowed.
Plastics from 44-gallon plastic drums softened and then shaped could work aswell

Don't forget the radioactive rifles for the necessary cancer

he's cosplaying as a ranger, not the vanguard.

He's going to an anime con, that won't be necessary.

If you fab up a skitarii backpack, put the fans and canteen in their. Heck, if you did it right you could have a removable "power core" of ice the fans pull air past and blow through the tubes into the rest of your. Think minature swamp cooler.

Maybe just have a compartment you can dump cube ice into from a regular ice machine.

>go to ebay.com
>type in "gas mask"
>buy one in a style you like

But for the love of god, take the filter out and was the mask, old surplus filters can have asbestos

Please make it a sexy cosplay.

It is the new trend. Go almost naked and call it cosplay!

It's gonna melt.

Hmm, maybe set it up so the canteen is below the ice reservoir. As the ice melts it drips into the water supply.