Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Smite the heretic edition

>Previous Thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Warhammer general discord!
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xhqpYcFkeCE
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
imgur.com/a/VSMrK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

2ND FOR SCIONS

Literally the best AA gun in the game. Only 30 ppm and up to 5 per unit.

Umpteenth for remove hull points and screw off to the grav players who complain about it!

If only 90% of the codex was good instead of complete garabage. Oh well, atleast my local Ork player has fun playing 'looted' other armys in tournaments lol

Heavy 1 BS3? Boring!

Needs to be Heavy 3 BS2!

POST HOMEBREW, BECAUSE REASONS Not like you'll get to use it anywhere else, after all

Your Dudes, Your Units, whatever you made up for you - all are welcome.

Best stormtalon formation?

Tzeentch is a great god!

I really enjoy homebrewing stuff. New units, fluff for armies, you name it.

I made the following for pic related as a sort of fast-attack Defiler.

Stalk Tank, Fast attack 140
Vehicle (Fast, Walker)
ws bs s [ F S R ] I A HP
3 3 6 12 11 10 3 2 3

Wargear: Twin-linked Multi-laser, Flamer, Two Lightning Claws, Daemonic possession, Smoke Launchers
Special Rules: Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die, Siege Crawler, Move Through Cover, Scout

May replace flamer with:
-Havoc Launcher 10 pts
May replace Twin-linked Multi-laser with:
-Lascannon 20
May take items from the Chaos Vehicle equipment list

That's just going to make grav kill things in one hit on a 6.

More like BS2 heavy D3 S2D6 AP 2D6

My Dudes are an Alpha Legion splinter that said "fuck this" and decided not to fall to chaos; instead they pose as loyalists, sometimes even aiding the Imperium, and betraying them when it suits them.

Basically opportunistic pirates, posing as good guys while favoring stealth.

Currently trying to create a good enough homebrew mix of 30k and 40k admech with a decurion style formation to let my gaming group use it in our next campaign.

I could always threaten to spam war convocation.

Eldar/demon spaming faggots.

Part 2 is here !
youtube.com/watch?v=xhqpYcFkeCE

I just thought of a funny list that might even work somehow, please rate :D

The most obnoxious member of my playgroup, a pathetic excuse of a human being, hears about the proposed changes coming in 8th Edition.
He laments his recent purchases and claims that he will not be playing 8th because it's going full AoS.

Thank you GW! Soon I won't have to interact with this gasbag piece of filth.

I love being able to show just how much of a faggot I am!

Grognards btfo

I didn't even see part 1. Looks interesting, love the Grimaldus novels.

Are there scans/digital copies of the Custodes and Sisters of Silence books yet?

Hey Veeky Forums im going to start painting the Vostroyan captain from the command squad set, and was wondering how I should paint all the details on him? I want to do a good job, considering this guy has a record of great kills: entire Howling Banshee squad, and in one game a Hive Tyrant followed by an Archon.
Pic related is the color scheme for my Vostroyans

youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

I'll start with one we've used for our heavily-modified Path to Glory campaign and had a shitload of fun with:

Land Raider Anakis (275pts)

BS4 F14 S14 R14 HP4

Wargear:

>Hull-mounted Ectoplasma Cannon
>Two sponson-mounted TL Soulreaper Cannons
>Searchlight
>Smoke Launcher
>Extra Armor

Special Rules:
>Assault Vehicle
>Psychic Pilot (ML1)
>Anakian Reactor Matrix: The Land Raider Anakis utilizes a special and hell-fueled reactor system to power its Ectoplasma battery, siphoning the psychic energy of the surroundings and the souls of the dying to further fuel its guns. While the size of it eats into its transport capacity, and the reactor has a habit of putting off horrific energies to its surroundings when discharging, its tempermentalness is more than made up for by its sheer brutality and outright maliciousness in combat against the foes of the Changer of Ways.

>At the beginning of each Psychic Phase, the Land Raider Anakis can attempt to harness the following Psychic Power (counting as having a Leadership of 8). If there is a Sorcerer embarked within it or within 6", it may harness this Warp Charge at a +1 and may use the leadership of the Sorcerer instead of its own. If it Perils, it suffers a Glancing Hit with not saves allowed, and Explodes! if it would otherwise be wrecked in this manner.

>Fueled by the Damned: The Land Raider Anakis pulls in the very stuff of the Immaterium into its reactor systems, flooding all of its weapons with hell-forged energies. This is a Blessing which targets the Land Raider Anakis, and a successful casting grants all of its ranged attacks +1 Strength and increases the Ectoplasma Cannon from a Blast to a Large Blast. It also increases its Invulnerable Save by +1 until the beginning of its next Psychic Phase.

Transport Capacity: 8

>that Helbrecht voice
Jesus Christ. I get that it's just one dude reading the audiobook but I never imagined THAT. Sounds more like a spindly grandpa rather than a centuries old Warlord.

Thanks fellas

and i'm suddenly reminded i need to redo some old apoc chaos superheavies

let me know how I'm doing. Even 1k of Guard seems hella expensive (moneys wise)

Epub in the last mega, not that you would've ignored the OP. You're not that kind of a person, right user?

post that cute cultist-chan and sister of battle with freckles.

This is why the current trend of having complex general OP posts is retarded. General OPs used to be one liners.

Only a retard would have a problem with this """complex""" OP. When I wanted a specific epub, I checked the megas. When I wanted the SoS/Custodes, I checked the megas after the weekend.

Also
>clearly labeled links are complex
Everything but the megas has a pretty straight forward label because each mega is different.

Also also, does anyone even use that discord?

I've never been able to get epub files to work.

Slaanesh #1

Name my Ork.

For Heralds of Ruin Kill Team is the Company Champion for Space Marines a worthwhile pick for HQ?

am i doing it okay Veeky Forums??

Quality melee system.

Has this been posted already?
imgur.com/a/VSMrK

What's the ruling on dual welding pistols? I've been meaning to make Hadron 44-Stroika from Skitarius and it's written that he uses two arc pistols and two arc mauls. What's the rule, if it exists.

Two pistols means you count as having two CCWs and can fire both in the shooting phase.

Forgot my picture.

Does an HQ choice included in a Formation count as the HQ of the army or would I need a second HQ? I would like to run an army of skeltons that reassemble themselves with the Lost and the Damned formation, but 2 HQs in a 1k game seems like too many

Oh. Now I just need to find a pistol being held left handed.

What medium? I'm on Android and have found Kobo to be rather great.

I can't comment for PC, but supposedly Readium is good.

Quality is a word for this game.

>Chaos marine chops up Ork in melee
>Immediatly clobbered by 3 more

Seems accurate

>Only a retard would have a problem with this """complex""" OP

Save your breath newfag, it's like you don't remember all the general spamming and bickering over having the wrong OP. It's not like you faggots even put the right shit in there anyway with your Daily Duncan garbage.

Anybody care to share an opinion on this list? I think it'll work pretty great in my game next week against my buddy's Salamanders.

Standard space marine I think. You can just get accessories for your characters.

I've tried several, but I haven't heard of Readium. I'll give it a shot.

Have any of these for Necrons?

>current OP format
>compared to a single line or no text
>not complex
>spamming quotes

Guess reading comprehension and a brain are 3complex5u

Flyers are going to fuck you up

Gotta have a HQ in that top detachment buddy. That Dark Apostle can be your Warlord but doesn't cover your HQ requirement for a CAD

We Scions now?

I've never seen a player in my local area use flyers for anything other than transports, so I'm not too worried. This guy uses a lot of drop pods though so I figured tanks would just get killed by his drop pod melta.

As a random noobie user, I've found the OPs extremely helpful for directing my early efforts.

First, I'd skip on the boltguns for the basic marines. Since you're running World Eaters, you want them cheap and in melee as fast as possible. You could save an easy 30+ points by just swapping for the cc weapon instead of buying it.

I'd also go for Autocannons over heavy bolters on the havocs. Same price, but far better.

The two Claws on the Raptor champ are also really wasteful and pricey. Shred is good, but simply keeping his pistol and buying a power weapon will do a similar amount of work for less.

Also, one more thing, you can only have 1 Relic per character. The Talisman of Burning blood is good, but you can't also give him a Burning Brand and Berserker Glaive.

Also, if I recall correctly, the Berserker Glaive prevents him from joining a unit, so that makes the Chaos spawn less useful as a potential bodyguard unit.

With those relics cut out, along with the points saved on the claw and boltguns, you could afford a lot. More if you cut out some of the chaos spawn.

Or make a pistol servo arm coming from his backpack. Maybe two?

>newfag

Please. Besides, I didn't make this OP, but it's hardly an incomprehensible mess.

More complex than a single line? Yes. Generally complex and unreadable? Hardly.

Good luck. The 3rd mega has pdfs, so they might be in there. They might also be the old ones, so keep that in mind.

Building an Iron Warriors mechanized list. The warsmith has "crews" that compete back on their planet by deathracing rhinos. All the Champions have servo arms or industrial cutters to help repair tanks. I'm having fun building em.

Okay cool. Thanks for the tip on the relics thing, people around here haven't really caught onto the FAQ I guess because I see relic layering all the damn time.

Does anyone have a scan of the 3rd edition rules that also includes the army lists at the back? Can't seem to find one.

Hell yeah Iron warriors! This is my list my man!

Well, even if you are taking multiple Relics out of houserules, I would recommend going for something other than the Glaive so you can have him joing a squad of Chaos spawn to help shield him from fire.

Other than that, it's pretty solid. If he's using lots of drop pods, it'll be easy to spread your guys out and charge them afterwards. I'd be wary of melta taking out your helbrutes though.

I feel like 50% of posters own a squad or two of scions.

This was the other idea for a list I had, not sure if it's better or if I'm doing worse by using the Berzerlers. I love the models but everyone says they're awful all the time. Still though, it's really nice to have fleet on everything.

I think the other is better, for various reasons. Berserkers aren't really much better than basic CSM as far as assaults go, and are pretty expensive at that.

>Blind niggeroid, possibly with severe Dyslexia
>People help him find what he want.
>Start blaming OP post instead.
>Start sperging out calling people newfag.

Typical niggeroid behavior.

Does anyone have a download link for Eye of Ezekiel? It doesn't appear to be in any of the mega drives yet.

Wha'd'y'know, there are pdfs of both there. Thanks, user!

Cheers, though I am reminded that I need to get 2 more squads of SoS and 3 rhinos... Ugh.

If you love the zerker models, just use them for your WE CSM. They're basically the same thing.

Alright man thanks. Appreciate the help.

I got 40 kasrkin and 24 Scions. Planing on doing a Kasrkin drop platoon with 4 valks.

I'm also almost inclined to get one, just to be able to use my armys one formation, though I guess I'll wait what 8e brings before buying anything I'll possibly never use.

This has always been my dream, user. How much do you have done?

What land raiders really need is the caestus rule that ignores the bulky rules and make those models count as normal single models.

If I buy Siege of Vraks now, what are the chances they'll update it anytime soon? Think the latest one came out in 2015. Will they update it because of 8th? Also should I hold off on buying codexes?

Who knows? They might update for 8th or they might drop all non HH support entirely. If you're that worried about the book becoming redundant you might as well wait for the new edition.

Actually, what they really need is natural Extra Armor, subtracting 1 or 2 from the penetration roll and not being made useless by a single Grav Cannon.

Also, some way to mitigate being stuck on terrain. Maybe just not letting it move for the next turn.

All these buffs applied would at least make them able to withstand more than just around 100 points worth of firepower before being immobilized or exploding.

Hey. This: Just field all berzerkers as world eaters CSM. All the same special rules, way cheaper, access to better wargear, excellent detachment and faction bonuses and artifacts, only thing you lose is +1WS, which didn't really matter that much anyways.

Yeah I'm clueless as to how often FW releases new rulebooks though. Do you know when the first edition of the DKoK rules came out? I'm looking but I can't find a date.

With crappy still WiP paintjob (having kids really cuts into your hobby time)

The Paladins of Khorne
A Chaos warband the follows the martial honour and valour focused aspect of Khorne.
They consider that while Khorne is happy with any blood he prefers the blood and skulls of warriors, the greater the skill of the slain the more Khorne is pleased. Consequently rather than launching raids as other warbands typically do they'll seek out existing battles dropping in to fight with the "underdog" against the stronger side (who's blood is more valuable), like some sort of bizzaro Legion of the Damned.

They think of themselves and present themselves as great and honourable warriors, this image being one of the main ways they recruit new marines. Drawing in those dissatisfied with Imperial rule but still wish to be heroes.

Only once an Initiate is fully inducted do they learn the truth of why they fight the way they do.
They don't spare the unarmed out of any sense of mercy, its contempt and the hope they'll one day become a warrior worthy of killing that stays a Paladins blade.
They side with the loser in a war not to defend the weak and the innocent but too prolong the war, turning a quick slaughter in to long a gruelling meat grinder, ensuring that in the end many more lives are lost in battle.

They also have a strong hatred for the World Eaters who they consider to be doing it wrong.

Is painting extreme amounts of rusts and doing this shit okay for quick 'n dirty nurgle CSM?

What have you done?

Late fourth, 2007. Engineers and Death Riders were Volume 2, early fifth edition, final volume was 2009, sixth didn't come until 2012 but sixth and seventh are basically tweaks to make fifth simpler to play.

looks cool. id say paint in the glass part at the front and your done

Readium for PC.
Google Play Books is stellar for both of and Android.

Less is more.

You could try buying the Arc Pistol bit separately, cutting the Pistol off at the top of his hand, take one of the other skitarii arms that holds one of their rifles in the left hand and replace it with the pistol piece you cut off. Then just give him the actual Arc Pistol part for his other arm and add the Mauls either to the underside of his arms (like in the novel) or at his hip.

Don't you forget about getting the Servo Skull from the Sicarian kit to attach to his base/outstretched arm, though. Pheros died too young and should be remembered as the greatest of his kind.

Thanks! Yeah I think I'll wait for the next one.

holy hell man, cut back on the rust effects

Can I take heavy weapons with the terminator annihilation force? I want to take reaper autocannons

Why did they make one of the Iron Warriors decurion bonuses "reroll scatter for ordnance and barrage"?

Are CSM getting basilisks in 8th?

Also they should have made havocs troops for IW.

>Why did they make one of the Iron Warriors decurion bonuses "reroll scatter for ordnance and barrage"?
Pic Related