Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Emergency Induction Port edition

>Previous Thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Warhammer general discord!
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kissyaizilo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're literally only getting interceptor against units that arrive withing 12" of Coteaz and whatever unit he's joined so it's not nearly as useful as you think. His re-rollable seize is really the only real benefit.

Personally I'd keep the knight to give your opponent something other than your skitarii to shoot at for a few turns. Don't forget they get a 4++ from their ion shields, yea it's directional but it's not hard so long as you position the knight with even a bit of thought.

This is a Sisters of Battle/Slaanesh thread!

anyone here got mega link for 40k novel?

Look at all this non vehicle shit that has Objective Secure now!

Torquemada Coteaz is mandatory in this formation.

I love Orks.

But

I don't love their rules.

I doubt 8th could make them worse than they already are.

Except he's not taking Castellans, he's taking a Skitarii maniple with Coteaz as an ally. He'll need another HQ unit before he can even take Castellans.

How viable would CSM terminators with all lightning claws be?

What's this "free wargear" bullshit I hear about the Castellans detachment?
Am I the only one who thinks that being able to mix factions freely like this is stupid?

Even if it makes us worse, our position at the bottom of the tiers doesn't change. If it makes other armies even worse, we improve. If we get better rules, we improve.

8th quite literally can't make us worse. We either maintain the status quo, or get better.

You apparently can't hear, the Castellans doesn't give free wargear. You're thinking of the AdMech War Convocation.

In the hellrain formation am i allowed to upgrade the commissar to a lord commissar?

Confusing it with really broken shit as war combo and marine free transports.

In Castellans you pay for everything. The formation is basically a massive double CAD.

On that case he is retarded. A normal inquisitor will do and then add 18 point psykers from Inquisition codex.

Oh.
Never mind then. Those two sound the same to me. I wish 8th went back to a single force org chart and an allied org chart.

I second this notion

How does "War Convocation" sound anything like "Castellans of the Imperuim"

Blame GW, the rulebook is rather unclear how things works and their FAQ contradict the rules and other FAQ some times.
Hell even the rulebook contradict it self just look at template weapons.

I group them both in the "stupid formation shit that was added while I wasn't looking" -folder.

This is just a really shitty version of Vraks Renegades: Unending Host that lets your infantry squads that number 15 or greater come back to the board outflanking on a roll of 2+ with bonus movement.

Taken with a renengade baneblade all of your units get zealot anyway.

I don't think the resurrected units even give VP.

It's a Detachment.
Formations require specific units from codices.

But you can make an army out of a formation, so what the fuck is the difference?

I've always wanted to make an army of custodes. How do i get the most out of this fucking anemic codex?

Wait for more releases really.

8th will make orks decent again
The charging rules bemefits fast shit like Stormboys and Warbikes

1) Take a unit of Custodes
2) ???
3) Army

You can't add Coteaz to a formation to make every non-vehicle obsec.

The rules are. You tard.

Add in the 30k units?

I'm not ready for 8th edition Orks.
Our resident Ork player already has 15 bikes, Zhadsnark and at least 3 mek guns in every list.

Black library mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

cancer

Fuck it. I'm going to write up a list for this.
Maybe you guys will still be alive to critique when I'm done

I wish there was more audiobooks. All the books I'm interested in either don't have audiobook versions or aren't provided in the mega. :/

With Shadow War, I might get back to this game again. Nothing like using normal infantry again, even terminators seem kickass with the 2nd edition rules.

I'm excited for it, but at the same time I'm worried that it will be super unbalanced.

The group I play with tends to gravitate towards trying to stop other players from having fun instead of playing for fun.

Well, it makes sense, there's only a certain amount of fun in the world, and you want to stockpile as much as you can for yourself, so you really should try to stop others from having fun as much as you can so you can have more fun later with your stockpiled fun. Life is war.

Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bawl, Battlefleet Gothic, where never balanced.

Balance in GW was never a thing, because it was never meant to be play at tournament setting.

Theres also nothing from after sept 2015 i think but ah well

I wanna start building a imperial guard army. How should i start?

what kind of imperial guard army do you want? lots of vehicles, arty, scions?

the start collecting boxes are almost always a good start.

Start Collecting box, Armored Fist box, then a hundred more guardsmen.

Learn to love monotony

Got caught shoplifting at my lgs so I have been trying ones on the other side of my city. One I went to today is very mom and pop style, I dont think they even have security cameras or anything and the guy that runs it is old af. Going to go in for a game but bring an extra big carry case to see what I can stuff inside behind my minis

Same as happiness. Not everyone can be happy, since we need others to be unhappy so we know we are happy.

In other words we need others to joy and suffer in order for us to joy and suffer.

Kys poorfag

instead of stealing from a store that probably isnt making much money at all

why not neck yourself?

Stealing from the poor. Are you black or a politician?

True, but I mean relatively even. There's no acceptable reason for one faction to just beat the pants off of pretty much all the others.

Yeah, the best way to get your friends to keep playing the game is to spam the most unfun to fight units and factions against them!

Friendship is a lie enforced by the government to attempt to make us better sheep. Men are not pack animals, we are apex predators and should comport ourselves as such.

unless you're doing it for fluff reasons I'd be inclined to switch the infantry missiles for Heavy Bolters or Auto Cannons and replace the Heavy Bolter weapon team with Lascannons or Missile launchers. That should give you a better chance of actually hurting your targets without wasting orders and firepower.
I'd also scratch the plasma guns on the PCSs and replace with flamer, grnade launcher or heavy weapons team. Use the left over point to give another special weapon to your scions (I'd go two melta)
Nothing else is glaring out at me

You're a weird one.

'tis a troll.

k

?

What the hell just happen? Mods deleted the happiness post and we have double post too?

In a World Eaters army could be viable, all those movement shenanigans could get them into combat potentially on turn one.

You're either an idiot or a troll.
They look out for people like you, especially people that are new. You have to build a report before you even think of doing something like that. They assume people they've never seen before are there to steal.
I went to a GW for more than a decade and the redshirts/blackshirts all stole. They gave me around 30k points of 40k/Fantasy. The only reason this ever worked was because the inventory system for GW is/was so fucking stupid. They never inventoried anything aside from the last product, meaning they would have to order more. You can take mental inventory of shit that has no reason being bought but in a small store like that you can count on them keeping tabs. They'll keep tabs on what you come in with and what you leave with. If you have a school bag that you didn't open the entire time you were in there they WILL assume you're stealing.
Stop being a fucking idiot and get a job. At the very least "steal" from GW directly by purchasing recasts, not an LGS.

One with tons of guardsmen

fraid not. I think that's answered in the Scions FAQ

>f you have a school bag that you didn't open the entire time you were in there they WILL assume you're stealing.

mfw this happened to me the first time i went into my LGS but it was full of medical gear for me

Why the fuck are you stealing medical supplies from an LGS user

I hope you got arrested scumbag

I have a fetish for apothecaries im sorry i just want to drown in a pool of narcethiums

Well as long as you got off
youtube.com/watch?v=kissyaizilo

Na I get plenty

Thanks for leaving the location in the image

Please go back to 8ch@n with the rest of the banned and degenerates and stop shitting up our threads

Is their any good army builders besides battlescribe? 2.0 is pissing me off because I went and paid for premium.

I wonder how 8th will effect my list, which has almost been unchanged since 5th

Skimmers/bikes/jink will get nerfed I can guarantee you.

>battlescribe
if you paid for premium before 2.0 you can get a 1000 year lisence for free if you can find the key you use

I paid on my amazon account, I didn't get a license.

Oh god I hope they do.

The main army I face is Ravenwing Black Knight spam and it is so unfun. Rerollable 2+ or 3+ on everything just ruins the game.

jink will probably be nerfed but you got venoms so eh.

i think the list will be mostly fine.

>Eldar will be even more OP due to movement and wep changes
I doubt it lad

Have Abaddon started full scale invasion toward Terra yet?

I mean since the Cadian Gate gone Chaos can spit out daemons and CSM as much as they want. How far have they got to?

It's the baitposter again ignore it

>created one of the most enduring lists for one of the most brittle armies

>Thinking I'd just let Eldar lose?

6e had Wave Serpents, 7e had Bikes and Wraithknights. What will be Eldar cheese for 8e?

Is this true, or trolling? I have an old premium. How does it work?

Parts of the Crusade got to Maccarage where they've stalled. Some managed to follow Guilliman and friends through a webway portal to the Moon where they got roflstomped

>Turbo Boosting/Flat Out has a chance of mishap
Thoughts?

Assuming AoS style rules?
Army wide Run+Shoot, movement will be 6" plus v guardsman 4" AND even their most basic weapons will be Rend -1 weapons, with D being -3

Wraith Guard, calling it now

Why aren't they going to Terra straight?

Destroy Terra and it would be all over. Why waste time? Imperium plot armor?

I'm tired of rules that make soldiers and Warrior incompetent retards

Isn't maccrage on the opposite side of terra from the eye?

>moving faster than cruising speed over a battlefield
It kinda makes sense.

Not really, Chaos requiere plot armour to do anything. It is just GW incompetence regarding bad guys.

They had to re write Armless the Harmless and pull the "muahaha it was the Pylons all along" to make him not look like a failure.

Can webway portal be opened anywhere? Or there has to be a physical structure?

Not really.

Having a 1/6 chance to crash with your trained troops in said way of movement sounds hilariously incompetent.

IIRC the Crimson Path suggests that Abbadon is waiting for he Eye of Terror to expand closer to Terra to get all of the logistical and esoteric tactical advantages, otherwise the Imperium would just wither his crusade to dust. The only reason why they got to Macragge is because Abbadon sent them there to stop Guilliman's return.

>not having your list unchanged since 3rd
boats > venoms

Creed vs Macharius, who is the better Imperial General?

Webwayed from Cadia to Maccrage, then Maccrage to Terra

>Tabletop Dark Eldar finally shown in fluff.
>Celestine uses an Archon with Webway Portal to Deep Strike near Maccrage, then the Rowboat uses another Archon with Webway Portal to get to Terra

Creed was better at smaller scale tactics, Macharius was better at larger scale strategies.

technically they only webwayed into ultramar, and had to call up the Ultramarine taxi service to get to macragge

EXTRA THICK