Connected to DreamNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Cyberpsychosis_Therapy_Flyer.ARO
>Do_Androids_Dream_Of_Electric_Sheep_2074_Edition.zdf
>Familial_Love.moodsft
>Runner_Teams__Workmates_or_Families.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 100 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, heard your surgery didn't go so well. Remember that we're here if you want a shoulder to lean on.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Comfort.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Feelings and Support Edition
Do you have someone that supports you?
To whom you can go when you need to talk to someone?
That is the Crossbeam that supports your mental structure?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit
pavao.org/shadowrun/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cz7TWpRXyRY&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is Czech Republic out of all places supposed to be so full of centaurs the goverment issues them with SIN?

I know fairly a lot about the place’s history and geography and it has no myth involving centaurs, no association, be it warlike or peaceful, with horse riding hordes aside from Avars who weren’t really nomadic ever since they entered Pannonia and terrain that is in no way optimal for nomadic lifestyle centaurs seem to preffer.

The Czech republic is a weird place. Their largest university was teaching hermetic magic just four years after magic became a thing. Literally weeks after the awakening the majority of Czech Catholics were willing to disavow themselves of the church to protect magic and globalized people.

I'm not sure if it's really that there are very many of them, but more that the Czechs are just willing to be friendly with literally any Awakened shit.

*goblinized

Phone does not like that word.

>willing to disavow themselves of the church

MIght have soemhting to do with the fact that it is one of the three countries considered by the UN to be without religious influence in politics.

True, though it's specifically says the people were willing to, not the government. Like, the Catholics actually went out and protested the pope's decision the day he made it.

I bet dragon bribed them not to be their usual xenophobic selves.

I mean, he was a professor in Prague by 2022. Though, apparently they still hate Muzzies and they were targeted during the Night of Rage instead of awakened groups.

And the french catholic church also distanced themselves from that
So what?

It is strange there is so much hatred towards muslims in a country that is muslim free.

The wording in Shadows of Europe says the Czech Catholics "rose up against" the Pope's declaration. Not quite the same as church officials distancing themselves.

>* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, heard your surgery didn't go so well. Remember that we're here if you want a shoulder to lean on.'

Body Text: Lean on, not borrow. Rejection is a bitch but I still both of mine.

Why would mostly atheistic people living in secular country rise against the pope?

Explain to me how Catholics can be athiestic?

>converion to christinity forced by tyranical dukes
>hussite wars
>30 years war
>counter reformation
>excessive corruption of clergy under Habsburg rule
>communism

Yeah, but the guy clearly said the Czech Catholics did it. Maybe there aren't very many, but the stipulation of it being them is still there.

Can you actually combine iaijutsu with half swording?

No.

Is there ever any actual reason to use martial arts?

Yeah, if you want to be a called shot minmaxer. You can quite literally get your called shot penalty to 0 for vitals.

Hey Yekka. My GM is letting me do something super frickin' cool but I'm not sure how to port it into Chummer. He's letting me ignore points of essence loss from cyberware before it hits magic so I can play a skellington-man cybermage (Which is futuremagic as all hell imho)

Is there a way to make Chummer do that? Like, have an effective essence of 6 for the purpose of magic yet have an actual essence of 3?

For the rest of the thread, I've never looked at magic before, got any tips for an aspiring freelance forensic thaumaturgist™? (Read: Street Necromancer)

docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit

tl;dr
There are 7 or so Martial Arts really worth taking, everything else is a trap.

If you aren't optimised for CC, then a martial art that allows you to do something without depending on your STR can be useful.

>forensic thaumaturgist™

That is already trademarked. It's a job in the Sixth World, the magic detectives who sort out what happened at the scenes of crimes using magic.

I know laddie. That's where I got the name from, somewhere in Street Grimoire iirc. That's my fake SIN.

>that art
I think I'm in love.

Nova-hot.

I've always wanted to name a character Panther Modern, but I'm not sure if they should be an infiltrator or a decker.

Beg your GM to give you guys 1200 karma and inflated nuyen ratio and do both.

How much should asking a "garage" to sweep your ride for bugs cost?

Zero dollars. If your car is bugged, why the fuck would a chop shop even allow it inside?

Man, I really gotta finish reading Neuromancer

Honestly, you don't really have to. It's pretty good, but the story isn't even really what makes it good. Hell, even the prose kinda holds it back at some points because it's so clipped. It might be partly intentional because Chase is a confused and burnt out individual, but it still just gets really confusing especially towards the end.

I basically don't read anything anymore, fuck if I'm not willing to even finish a single book

Get an audiobook of it and listen on your commute.
The other user is mostly right about the prose but for whatever reason I ended up really feeling for the characters.

Anyone got homebrew metatypes?

MetaTYPES or MetaVARIANTS?

Either or.

Can a mage make a teamwork test to help another mage cast a spell with spellcasting?

It's less because it's full of them, more because Schwarzkopf is really into the whole 'creatures great and small' thing. So much so that he's electing things that can have a SIn issued.

Afaik only through Ritual Spellcasting

Don't forget a panther cannon. It just wouldn't be right otherwise.

Obsidimen are relatively easy as a troll metavariant, but you've got to ignore the cost amounts. Granite shell, dermal deposits, metagenetic improvement (body & strength), impaired charisma/intuition, striing skin pigmentation, and a weird variety of symbiosi to represent the whole 'sleeping underground' thing.

Made a Formorian ork. If the elves were able to create a pretty species of troll I figured they could do it for orks too.

>Hey, does anyone know that website that was basicly shadowrun for dummies? It was a website with black and green text and it had a very useful lore in a nutshell page. It was named something like "History in a nutshell if you've been living in the martix for too long."

Helpful drive by.

I believe you're looking for Aaron Pavao's
site.
pavao.org/shadowrun/index.html

MAYBE one of the other helpful ones from back in the day.

Short version, not easily. Also your GM is either running a thoroughly pink mohawk game or has no idea what he's doing.

I guess you could proxy it with Improvements, a 3-point improvement that applies to your MAG's base level might work. How is Karma supposed to work for that? Or initiation? Do you just get to ignore Essence Loss entirely? How does that interact with essence loss from pacts or vampiric shenanigans?
RAW, no particular reason why not. Honestly, melee kind of needs all the buffs it can get so I typically let it slide.

Simsense? What the fuck is this bullshit and why am i reading it?

Do you personally play with or without battle maps?

I have finally figured out why it is I never discovered that Hong Kong has personal runs for some of the characters.

It's bugged to shit. Is0bel is stuck on the same minor conversation and won't actually start her fucking quest, locking me out of the good ending.

How did Harebrained Schemes fuck this game up so badly after Dragonfall?

>Do you have someone that supports you?
>Party's biosam has always been an unapologetic violent ganger-turned-runner since we've known them
>Treats my anemic decker like their favourite drinking buddy, despite a rough 220 lbs difference in weight and the decker's inability to handle anything stronger than apple cider
>Drunkenly confides that they only got into criminal business because of a lack of opportunities as a SINless, and that they really wanted to be a dancer when they were young
>Then recited some appallingly bad poetry they apparently wrote and collapsed in a drunken heap, breaking my right leg in the process
>mfw I was stuck with the drinks tab AND the emotional baggage

>How much should asking a "garage" to sweep your ride for bugs cost?
If you're in the garage already? They'll do it for free, and even give you a complimentary bullet to the skull.

If you want someone to come to a predetermined location and run a bug scanner on your vehicle, that's a decker you're looking for. "Garages" should have access to them, given the illegal ownership transfer rules.

I could see it running you a few hundred nuyen, but then again this is an illlegal mechanic with some risk, so there might be a negotiation test involved to avoid being ripped off.

5e question: Do you get 1 "Free Action" per combat turn or per initiative pass? I thought it was 1 per turn but the movement section in the book says this:
>Running characters must use a Free Action in each Initiative Pass they are considered running.

1 free action per IP

You technically get one per pass, even if you're not in that pass.

Now, keep in mind, that free action is pretty much all that non-defensive action you're going to get so it's not too helpful.

One of my players runners has a now 5 month pregnant wife that is also a runner, but has obviously stopped for the time being.

The other ones have a girlfriend and an adopted child, a girlfriend and his niece because his sister was killed, a revolving door of hookers and fuck buddies mixed with a copious amount of drugs, and the last guy is all on his lonesome.

Other than that, they actually have each other. Everyone knows they can count on each other at this point, and have been through the ringer and back.

Is hitting players with Mob Mind considered bad form?

My online group is rioting and calling me names because the enemy wizard hit them with Mob Mind at the end of last session to make them hand over their mark

Is our team's razorgirl's very explicit and growing romantic relationship with our fixer the sort of thing that's worth worrying about in a professional-risk "too close to the job" sort of way or is worth encouraging for the occasional favors and discounts

Its kind of shitty because its not something you can typically see coming or even resist effectively. A Manipulation Mage rolling 12 Dice will consistently beat most Runners, who I'm estimating to have between 6-8 LOG + WIL on average (with Matrix archetype characters and LOG Wizards being able to do better).

At my table, I usually give a dice penalty or bonus for Manipulation Magic when it fails/achieves working along pre-existing feelings or thoughts. In this case, your runners might receive a dice pool bonus to shake the spell because the Manipulation Mage is contorting them so far from what they would normally do.

Up there with hitting your players with the burst fire frag rocket launchers and infect them all with the ghoul, yeah.

Don't worry though - let them get their revenge on the bastards for making them look bad.

If your fixer is close to the party, then go for it, tell that girl to get her groove back. Have some fun, make some videos, enjoy each other's time and whatever the fuck else people do in relationships.

If not, then that may be an issue. However, starting a romantic relationship with the fixer may also cause him to get closer to the party, which may or may not be a bad thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=cz7TWpRXyRY&feature=youtu.be

I know it's a League video, but the idea of Dick Sucking Theory works. A little more literal in this sense but...

5e question: Can an attribute drop to 0? For instance if I have an attribute at 2 and take a drug that give me a -2 what happens?

That sounds like you'd die or at least it'd hurt you a lot. Killing people by reducing their statistics to 0 might be too OP though.

When attributes fall to zero you fall into a coma until the attribute is raised back past zero.

That's what I figured but I couldn't find it anywhere, thanks

I want to run a free-roam campaign that is a mixture of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Mad Max.

I was debating on places to put it simply due to lack of knowledge on the lore. I know that the Middle East may be a good place to do it, and I know I can obviously just cast aside all established lore and just make my own, but I'd like some help/inspiration if any of you would be so kind. Thanks in advance.

Australia is literally Fury Road.

North eastern africa and the middle east are your best bet. Huge chunks are smoking radioactive ruins, the Ethomalian territories sound straight out of a post-apocalyptic punk video game.

How do you set up a weapon having a "weapon focus" in chummer5?

nvm I figured it out

Add a weapon in the weapon section, then wander over to the gear section, add a weapon focus. When you bond it, it'll ask you what weapon you want.

I can use Cyberlimb Optimization on EVERY cyberlimb, right?

So assuming every piece: Head/Torso/Arms/Legs:

+6 Limit, +3 Dicepool if it's something that could technically apply to all these limbs?

Is there a RAW way to get a workshop inside a large vehicle?

Yes, but you're not going to end up with a limit of 36. Just 6, plus stats which are now your moxie or whatever because you're a shell containing a pile of goop organs.

Sure. A workshop can be transported inside a van, and the housing rules have that workshop quality - so anything with a room's worth of size. You could use the cramped workshop quality from the vehicle lifestyle part that's kind of sort of touched on in R5 if your GM is getting iffy.

Not +36, just +6 Total.

I was thinking unarmed. Would the +limit affect accuracy, then?

One could reasonably argue with using your whole body for unarmed combat.

Does anybody here have a Kindle? Does the Kindle handle PDFs with OCR (scans with text) or are OEF (original electronic format) well?

Absolutely. If it would apply through a normal cyberlimb - and if you're using that limb, unarmed does - then you get the buff. All of the limbs at once? Sure.

I'm assuming it'll all be deltaware. Roxborough would probably turn someone like that loose. No other mods, just nothing but deltaware limb replacements. Why? Because he's a mad and cackling blob of organs straight out of a pre-socjus Gibson novel.

Is using Perfect Time with Adept Centering to remove Called Shot penalties legal? RAW I don't see why it wouldn't be, but it seems like the kind of thing that would be banned because Fuck You.

RAW yes, though the fuck you thing would probably apply if you used it in SR missions.

So here's something that happened in my game, and I need some extra minds to wrap around it.

Let's say you're Crashcart, and you're illegally leasing out space in the Telestrian arcology to conduct some shady research about making e ghosts. You wake up in the morning to start your day, and your newsfeed is filled with paparazzi images of a Justin Bieber type popstar, who seems to have infiltrated your basement and stolen some of your subjects. This guy is a golden child of Horizon, and has a really good lawyer and agent helping to deflect blame (his story is "I was at a party with an exec in his office, I wanted a tour, and the spider showed me around"). There was someone else with him, but he's SINless. And now you're in the shitter.

How would you exact revenge? I know most megas don't do the revenge thing, but this is a very public figure making a fool of your security protocols.

the player made a great face, and rolled 11 goddamn successes, burning edge, to convince the spider (whose daughter loves this guy) to show him some of the hidden security areas because "it's like the trids, right?"

I only need to convince my GM. My current argument is "come on man, this cost me 80 goddamn karma."

Destroy his reputation, destroy his livelihood, destroy everything he loves, destroy his body, destroy his mind, and leave him a husk on the side of the road with nothing to live for and a single bullet in a gun.

Then have somebody make sure he offs himself because I ain't got time for a double revenge story.

>tfw my high lifestyle CHA 8 elf face gets buddy buddy with the low lifestyle sinless monowhip adept with self esteem issues and zero sense of fashion
I feel good.

Knowing he has Horizon's full backing? That could start a straight up corp shadow war. Which could be a lot of fun to play for sure, but know all your own resources to take him down will be matched. ]spoiler] though they might let him die to boost his record sales when he qualifies for the 27 club [/spoiler]

RAW it works. Are you getting shenanigansy with strive for perfection as well?

Goddamn it's hard to get all 6 cyberlimbs. And expensive.

Why are adepts just so much better.

Well, you need an extra free action. Perfect timing gives you that. RAW, yes - it doesn't SAY that Adept Centering is only for environmental penalties/distractions, just gives those as an example.

If he whinges, tell him to read the adept centering text again. A man screaming lines from seinfeld at the top of his lungs before he somehow puts a round through a dude's eye at 40metres with a pistol isn't going to be subtle.

Dig it, thanks.

Cyber can do things adepts cant, but yeah, it's kind of a bitch. At least your only stopper is money - adepts have the karma problem.

Nah, I was just gonna wait until my 4th Initiation so the penalty and penalty reduction would cancel out.

I could make the argument that Strive for Perfection plus Sharpshooter does the same damn thing for less karma.

To further an in-joke, I plan on chanting "KU-MI-TE, KU-MI-TE."

I think the end result is that they can do more, and have a cooler progression path.

Adept's get higher focused dice, but sams can become a swiss army knife at 20% Less effectiveness.

They are not better, just not as complex.

Of the characters I've played, the first had no one... that was a character I was just handed and didn't know anything about him or the system.

The next had her brother the mechanic, and her mentor who taught her Russian and how to use explosives.

The next I played had... a dog someone stole for her, and an ex-girlfriend. And I guess the guy who stole the dog for her, but that was mostly a business relation, on her side at least.

And after all that info that people probably don't care about, but I can elaborate on if requested, I have a question. Has there been an errata for Chrome Flesh, and does it address the problem where on one page it has Cyber Singularity Seeker listed as 12 karma, but in the list on another page it's listed at 9 karma?

Why would I ever want to take the spell Destroy [Vehicle] over its described equivalent Manabolt for any purpose other than flavor? Is it just that Mana spells are incapable of targeting/affecting machines?

Misread that and thought you were playing a canine shadowrunner. Not a shapeshifter, just something like Petyr the War Beagle.

Well, she did go by the handle of (Il)Legal Beagle, mostly just called Beagle. She was the hacker and had a beagle persona while hacking.

Here's a question for you folk. Whoever's around at least. I'm making a runner who, well, runs really fast, using cyberware. I have several logistical, and creative related questions.

1. Digigrade legs, do you think they'd reasonably stack with skimmers?

2. Should movement agility be based on average of all limbs, or of just the legs? And, similarly, should strength for the running skill just be based on the legs?

3. What are some fun ways you can think of using the ability to run at, if my calculations are correct, 80 meters per combat turn, with only run modifiers (not sprinting)? This is combined with strength and agility 10 legs (using Redliner). I want to make good use of this mostly one trick pony.

4. Would it be worth it to try to increase how fast the character can run any more than 80 meters per turn, with an average of 116 while sprinting?