Stat me

Stat me.

Angry for Aquaman

Hatred (The Ocean)

Fuck Aquaman/10

Now that is really fucking edgy, holy shit,

Okay. I keep seeing BM threads pop up often lately and everytime I read about Black Manta it seems he is largely defined by his hatred of Aquaman. A fine enough motivation, I guess, but I still gotta ask: Why?

It's autism.

Quite literally the only reason he didn't kill himself when Aquaman died was because of the off chance that he came back to life since Manta is genre savvy enough to realize that heroes do that often.

There is conflicting stories about why he does.
It really doesn't matter, because his place is a implacably, actually threatening counter to Aquaman.

Naw he was faking that.
He just fucking hates him. Maybe there is something deeper but its a mystery so far since he keeps faking out actual origin stories. Honestly, part of the appeal is that he is just raw anger towards the king of the sea wrapped in a calm, hate-oozing package. He's the Joker but without having been ruined of all character through numerous iterations.

Yes, well, I have students that are autisitic as fuck and none of them have tried to overthrow a PMC yet to fuel their crusade against me.

Be grateful for that, my friend.

Aquaman is the White Whale to his Captain Ahab.

An ordinary man wants to boil the ocean after seeing a gif of a ribbon worm or a barnacle's dick and then forgets it after a few minutes. Manta is an extraordinary man and he is seeing it through.

The hell is that thing? Is it human?

It's like the OP pic says. He just really, really fucking hates Aquaman. He's givien multiple conflicting backstories and motivations, several of which he admits he made up just to fuck with Aquaman. At this point even if he remembers his original reason he probably doesn't care about it anymore. His sole purpose in life is to screw with Aquaman in any and every way he can. There is no line he won't cross, no action too petty, so long as it hurts Aquaman. He has bent his entire being around making Arthur's life as miserable as possible and he will never stop, never falter, never give up. He is to the king of the ocean what the sea is to angry sailors, cruel, uncaring, and relentless. He's Captain Ahab as a comic book character and we love him for it.

His hatred for Aquaman is based on spite. Black Manta has the wish to found his own kingdom; he is the Captain Nemo of DC.
Manta is not a crime boss but a warlord leading his own nation of murderers, having access to resources no one else; Black Manta has built his own civilcation. Free from all forces the blackness of the ocean is his sanctuary, he can attack all nation using his submarines and forces but no one can counterattack.
The only problem is that there is already a kingdom under the sea: Atlantis. If Black Manta wants to install his empire under the sea Aquaman has to die.

Well, he's black, so it depends on how much of a SJW you are.

He's a perfect antagonist. No reason except his reason.

Imagine you are a black man who has braved the oceans depths only to find that The Man has already built a mansion at the bottom of the sea.

That is just one of the bullshit reasons he's made up over the years. He just fucking hates Aquaman.

No. I think not.

From DC Heroes:

black manta
DEX

STR

BODY

Alter Ego
INT

WILL

MIND

Unknown
INFL

AURA

SPIRIT

Motivation
INIT

WEALTH

HP

Power Lust
SKILLS
Charisma: 6, Gadgetry: 10, Martial Artist: 7, Medicine: 6, Military Science: 8, Scientist: 6, Spy: 5, Thief: 5, Vehicles: 5, Weaponry: 5
ADVANTAGES
Genius, Iron Nerves, Vehicle Specialization (Manta Sub)
CONNECTIONS
High- Legion of Doom, Pirates
DRAWBACKS
Arch Enemy (Aquaman), Secret Identity
EQUIPMENT
BLACK MANTA SUIT [STR: 8, BODY: 8, Heat Vision: 12, Sealed Systems: 15, Super Hearing: 16, Swimming: 5, Ultra Vision: 7, Water Freedom: 5]
MANTA SUB [STR: 15, BODY: 22, Radio Communications: 16, Sealed Systems: 18, Sonar: 14, Swimming: 6, Water Freedom: 8]
ABC Omni-Gadgets: 10 (x2) Can be used as modifications to the Manta Sub.

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson about copying text out of a PDF file without checking for formatting problems.

I want a Rogue Trader villain like that!

Good god he really hates Aquaman.

>do fish believe in God

On the contrary, the effort in his post mirror's the OPs. I can kind of respect that.

Nobody knows, he keeps on making up his own backstory.

Dude just really doesn't like Aquaman, to the point where he will kill himself if he thinks that there is a world without Aquaman.

It's like hyper autism.

Holy fucking shit.

I've loved Young Justice version of Black Manta best. His relationship with his son was really nice to see.

I think I have a new favorite comic character.

This goes beyond and above just pure hatred. This man hates Aquaman with every fiber of his being. I really do believe he would kill himself the moment Aquaman died and he thought it would stick.

He has said so, multiple times. He cannot live in a world without Aquaman unless he thinks Aquaman will come back from the dead. He cannot kill Aquaman because that will mean he has nobody to hate.

Funny thing is, he is right.

I replied to a picture stating as such. But I'm only familiar with the animated incarnation of Black Manta and I had no idea he hated Aquaman this fucking much. This is all news to me but I believe he'd do it.

It goes beyond normal hate, like some kind of bizarre ur-hate.

> In the beginning there was a formless presence which cast its gaze onto the new born universe.
> As it gained form millennia later it thought but one thing.
> One thought randomly generated and with no outside influence.
> Fuck Aquaman.

Black Manta and his legendary hate gives me the heebie jeebies.

Counterpoint: Death is a revolving door in the DC universe, to the point where Black Manta would have to keep himself alive just to keep watch over that motherfucker's grave.

Seems like the most heroic thing Aquaman could do is kill himself and agree to stay dead so that the world will be free of Black Manta.

To be fair Aquaman usually does more good than Black Manta does evil. But that guy is concentrated thrice distilled evil.

Im so happy his exploits have spread to Veeky Forums.

This thread has given me many good keks to laugh myself to sleep with. Thankyou.

>I'm going to be perfectly Frank
Apply the Drawn by Steve Dillon template.

Had a DC au game once. It's Black Manta was a former Somalian Pirate who stumbled onto one of the many atlantean splinter cities and claimed it's advanced technology and carved out for himself a big boss esque pirate/mercenary nation in the third world.

He still really, really hated Aquaman

So, Favored Enemy (babies)?

>How's the wife and kid?

Kek

Just want to drop this and point out that Aquaman and The Flash are fused in this universe.
The Flash's biggest threat is Professor Zoom Aka The Reverse Flash. And he hates The Flash enough to travel back through time and ruin the Flashes childhood and murder Flashes wife because he can't actually kill him due to time loop bullshit.

So with that being said, if Aquaman and Flash are fused in Earth-32 then it stands to reason that their Rogues Gallery would be fused as well.

Point is somewhere on Earth-32 is a super-speed time traveling Manta. And that scares the crap out of me.

WEll they have batman with a green lantern ring. An item that only has one limitation, and that is Hal Jordan is a fucking idiot. I think it equals out.

>KONK!

>Point is somewhere on Earth-32 is a super-speed time traveling Manta. And that scares the crap out of me.
"IT WAS ME ARTHUR!"

>Super Martian
>If he tries to use telepathy while flying he plows into the ground screaming in agony.
>Also he's exceptionally weak to burning Kryptonite.
Whoever thought up Earth-32 is an idiot.

>Point is somewhere on Earth-32 is a super-speed time traveling HATE Manta.
FTFY

Doesnt he kill the entire lantern corpse?

By your logic, Earth-52 has a Joker with a yellow ring.

BTW, could anyone recommend a TPB that shows off Black Manta in all his crazy glory?

I mean I dont see joker as lantern material in any way, unless crazy was a lantern stat. I could definately see red ring black manta though.

A clown with a pencil mustache and fear powers isn't so bad a combo

>Sinestro
>Joker
>his name is Sinner

Oh lord

>Look at me

>I am the manta now.

>Professor Manta or Reverse-Black?

>Sinner
>Not Jokestro

How does the Legion of Doom work with this guy?

>I must kill the Speedforce!
>has now officially killed both Aqua-Flash's mom and son

>Jokekstro
The memes will happen with Jokestro, but Sinner is when shit hits the fan.

Cause he's black and they can't afford to be evil AND racist.

About like that. He's a stonecold mercenary and honest about it unless you're Aquaman.

You're underselling It.

Eobard Thawne is só fucking crazy and so fucking petty he is almost on a league of his own.

He used time travel to go back in time and casually push Barry out of some stairs. Ruin a School project he made in like fourth grade. Leave his backdoor open só his dog would run away. I'm quite sure he probably made him piss his bed with one of those warm water pranks, too.

It was him, user. It was all him.

Manta meanwhile doesn't go for petty, he goes for big spiteful, crushing actions. He bombed Atlantis' embassy the moment Arthur almost for some Trust from the Surface, he overtook an underground worldwide organization about to control the world and IMEDIATELY changed Focus to cause a War between land and Sea and frame Atlantis for it. Because, and I reinterate,

Fuck.

Aquaman.

And this was after he had the chance to actually kill him. Arthur was gonna ler him do it, but he didn't because there would be nothing left, só now he doesn't waste time with killing plans. It's all about one simple mentality, to make his life hell. FUCK. AQUAMAN.

Thawne and Manta combined would be literally a force of the universe out to destroy one being in every single, every small way. From petty annoyances and small loses to everything they have.

You gotta respect that kind of devotion.

Actually Batman is canonically unable to use the ring because he has never gotten over the trauma of losing his parents.

In practical terms, whenever Bats puts the ring on, he jizzes green bats everywhere and has to have a lie down

He doesn't even blink or look straigth at her

Ice fucking cold

The worst part of this scene is that Black Manta shoots a torpedo at Aquaman' son burial and destroying it.
Manta did not only kill Aquaman's son he also desecrated his burial.

I could only dream of creating an enemy this autistic and hate fueled to throw at my players.

Hes genre savvy as fuck isnt he?

The red skull is pretty much definition bad person.

It's a good thing those words aren't much clearer than the surrounding areas and not obviously photoshopped in

It doesnt change the fact that he is textbook "bad".

Can I punch Red Skull?

Y E S

>Ru(i)nning at the speed of spite.

>Powered by the HATE Force

Way better antagonist than some wacky albino faggot/10

>genre
>savvy

>Just like your kid

Man, he just never, ever misses an opportunity, does he?

Manta's hatred is so pure and unceasing I'm pretty sure it could kill Captain Planet

Fuck man, Manta has given so many reasons that turned out to be lies to fuck with Aquaman that the real reason could very well be that Manta woke up one day, poured himself a bowl fish-o's, turned on the news, saw Aquaman, and thought, "Fuck that guy and everything he stands for."
But really, the reason doesn't matter anymore because Manta doesn't need it. Manta isn't a man anymore. Asking why Manta hates Aquaman is like asking why the stars burn or why gravity exists. They just do. Manta has long ago stopped having a reason beyond the fact that Aquaman exists. Manta has long ago stopped being a man. Now? Now Manta is much like the sea he spends so much time in. You can see it in his eyes, the pitiless cold and the cruel indifference.
Manta is a force of nature fueled by hate and spite that has long ago stopped having a reason for existing beyond the fact that it does.

If anything Batman is more suited to being a yellow lantern than a green.

Fear is literally his weapon and the reason he styled himself as 'batman' in the first place, and its been shown at times he can't be a green lantern unless he gets over the death of his parents which is one of the cores of him being Batman.

>c-cured the autism!
Why is this panel not used more on Veeky Forums?

>White Manta

Knock yourself out, kiddo, post it far and wide.
>had to make it symmetrical. Fuck, I need someone to fix my own autism

How sure are you that he's black and hasn't been disguising himself all this time to fuck up a fish out of water about race relations?

Because.

But he was a great green in bmtbatb.

Give it time.

WHAT ABOUT SPINNING OBJECTS?

Honestly thats the one on the sheet that confuses me every time.

>Yellow Ring Batman

Didn't that actually happen during the War of Light or something?