Can we get a made/played thread going

can we get a made/played thread going

Because nothing's worse then being the guy who the DM uses as a punching bag

I've never really understood what the 'what the DM saw' part actually means

>My character is a tiefling rogue, who never knew his parents...
>Oh, so "generic edgelord" it is.

Best campaign I've had for a long time

But GM doesn't always comment on characters. It's not like it's some standard.

No, but they do have a different initial interpretation of the characters when you are doing character generation. What gets played in the end is often a different character all together.

bump

Okay, you intrigued me

Now elaborate

It's the distinction between "what the character is supposed to be" and "what the character is seen as". Third box is "what the character did".

WOOF
AVAST
NIGGERS!

No stopping now.

>Playing a Call of Cthulhu inspired Mutants and Masterminds game.
>Decide to play an eldritch being that's benevolent toward humans in a way similar to that of a zoo keeper that tends to a petting zoo.
>It made itself appear to mortals as a young female child, as that seemed to it be the best way to endear itself to others and not drive them insane.
>Once was forced to reveal its true form in order to save the party while they weren't looking from some dudes. accidentallyacult.jpg
>DM decides that a young boy around the same age that its' mortal image is meant to be, saw the event and as part of his insanity fell in love with it. This is when the DM revealed his power level.
>rest of the party thinks its' cute because they don't realize that it's an eldritch being from beyond the moon, all the while it keeps trying shoe away a human that it doesn't think of as anything more than an especially persistent puppy.
>the game, to its' horror, turns from "saving people from things they weren't even mean to encounter" to "let's play matchmaker between this lovestruck little boy and an eldritch abomination."
Best game I've had in the past five years, which is saying a lot considering my group is a pretty awesome bunch of people

Oh, so you just wanted to play a magical loli, tried too hard to hide it and failed.

It's not the DM who revealed his power level, it's you. The rest was a mockery and you still don't get it.

Too bad, the pic showed potential.

Maybe not directly, but you can usually tell how they see the character.
Really should be "what the group saw" or "what everyone else saw" because "what the DM saw" usually comes out of a group consensus of what everyone else thought of the character after the first session or so

Why always the little girl thing?

Why is that always what you fuckers immediately turn to?

the fuck is thus supposed to mean?

He made a wrestler. The GM thought he was a "babyface" (good guy), but he ended up being a "heel" (bad guy).

ah, gotcha. I saw "foot" instead of "heel"

I recognize that art, user...

Is it something horrifying?

yes in the best way

Cause this looks like the most harmless and pure thing and you don't really expect a little girl to be an eldrich?

>Not expecting the little girl to be eldritch

This

At this point due to pop culture little girls are inherently more creepy

They even skeev me irl now

Yeah, I went full hack and am pretty much banking on this for one of my NPCs. One of the Princesses in the setting is being slated to be the harbringer of the end, though she won't go full Maevolent until she becomes 21.
I'm counting on at least one player to be genre-savvy enough to put two and two together and prevent her from turning evil while she's still young.

Because this was five years ago, back when I was still in high school, didn't know that Veeky Forums was a thing and anime was something only the weird kids who dyed their hair pink or blue watched. At that period of my life, girls in and of themselves were basically eldritch abominations, to begin with so it just made sense.

C'mon, sometimes they can be like... cute vampire. And sometime they really are just a little girl, that's the worst, because then you got CIA on your ass.

Edge of the Empire campaign, I made a driver for a gang of criminals.

Tell us how it went

I am assuming it was good

>Cause this looks like the most harmless and pure thing
No it doesn't. As someone who dealt with actual 3D little girls, these little obnoxious overgrown cumspawns are neither harmless nor pure.

Did absolutely nothing wrong.

I always get giddy when I see a monk gnome or barbarian

That can be said for all children user. People don't think of kids as pure until they, or a family/firend, have their own, and then it all changes.

Sure I'd be happy to oblige, user.

>Play fearless swordsman with a stubborn arrogance in his abilities, and thing for beheading everyone and everything he perceives as irreconcilably evil.
>In the setting, he's the equivalent of a Spaniard, but he was raised in a not!Asian colony and taught how to use the katana.
>GM and another player attribute this along with his overzealous in killing to be a Jetstream Sam expy.
>Campaign goes on, we slaughter some bandits, rescue a noblewoman, and discover an evil plot to make the world a popsicle.
>Along the way encounter some girl that had her soul trapped in a doll.
>Later meet that same girl's mom who had no idea what had happened to her.
>Develops a strong bond with the girl's mother, and remaining children. Vows to bring the dead girl back to live no matter what the cost.
>Becomes more empathetic to the suffering of the others, particularly the innocent, but still solves everything with violence because that's all he understands.
>His wrath reaches critical levels when he realizes that the bad guys, when not turning children into mindless soldier dolls are using them as livestock for trolls, and dragons.
>Fight the final boss for this arc of the story, a witch with crazy magic hair who was directly responsible for killing, and trapping that first girl's soul.
>She immediately downs one of the other players by strangling him with the hair.
>Character gets a few good hits in, but is crushed by the witch's hair on her turn. One more solid hit would kill him.
>By a "hair's breadth", the witch misses all her attacks, and he lands two critical hits finishing her off in a dramatic fashion.
>Doesn't bother to decapitate her, instead tends to his injured friends.
>Realized what's most important, his hot-blood burns with the fury of a thousand suns only when his friends are in danger.

Campaign's on hiatus at the moment. We'll be picking back up with some plane hopping, and hopefully another arc to bring the girl back.

So, how did it go?

Other than several lost limbs, pretty alright. We're on a quest to Egypt to go to back to the past to unfuck the world.

Also, we found the book of vile darkness. No worries.

I made it with the best intentions, but the first words out of his mouth in game were inadvertently 'STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM'.

It devolved from there.

>Not even the right kind of guard

Nah, after that it went more skyrim than anything.

Stick up his ass paladin who came from an alternate future where BBEG won, time traveled back in order to kill him when he was young. Was too dumb for his own good and ended up "accidentally" killing everyone he felt could lead to his future

I actually succeeded in sparking a peasant revolution towards the end of the campaign. Group got pissed at me, DM fucking loved it

How'd that come about?

These stupid fucking threads are absolute cancer. What the fuck is any of this shit?

"Random shit I have seen. Random picture from character art thread. Random obscure game mashup."

What is wrong with you fuckers? How do you find this enjoyable? Please stay away from roll20, I don't want to ever have one of you apply for one of my games in the future.

Someone needs a nap and a diaper change.

From a multi-year, multi-campaign Delta Green game. My paranoid doofus of a triple-crossing sniper was the only CoC/DG character of mine ever to survive until the end, unscathed and mostly sane, but not without some...perhaps avoidable mishaps...occurring along the way.

>stay away from roll20
don't have to tell me twice

TARKUS!

>doctor, DOCTOR, Doctor.
looks fine.

>Group got pissed at me

Hopefully they were the first up against the wall.

I suspect the DM knew what I was trying to be towards the end of the campaign. The town we were in had a Speaker's Corner where NPCs got to rant like maniacs, and I got to fuck off and give a speech about feudalism and the vassal oppressors, rolled really fucking high (not a 20 but close) and filled the peasants with a murderous intent towards their lords. We got kicked out of town before the peasants stormed the keep

hey, any character that turns into my main man Ollie gets a seal of approval in my book

aww hell, its almost summer too

Thank you for sharing, that was pretty much what I had understood, too

How did he go from a demon to guts, exactly?

I like you user

Who pissed in your cereal?

Considering this was my first try at being DM, and our first time playing this game, I think things went better than expected

Finally got around to filling this out.

First time playing an elderly man.
9/10 Would play again.

I want to know more.

0096 Gundam game. Old half-crippled Dom Ace from the One Year War comes out of retirement to fly against the Sleeves and save his son. Very jolly and goofy. Turned into a blender with a Geara Zulu and a pair of ZMP-50Ds.

I miss this Rogue Trader game

>don't want to ever have one of you apply for one of my games in the future.
Not with that attitude you won't.

Rogue Trader.
Made a flamboyant ace pilot who the GM thought was just a generic pirate. Then he gives us a seemingly never ending parade of xeno NPCs that we "need" to complete the adventure. Of course OOC we didn't like him explicitly telling us that we need these people, and we're an (edgy) lonewolf party anyway so we tried to do it without them. But because he wasn't that experienced a GM whenever we got lost in the adventure the same "supah smaht" xenos would reappear and tell us what to do.

After about the third time I screamed at them to stop following us, failed a willsave based on my paranoia, had a space-Vietnam flashback and tore them to pieces.

10/10 would play again.

Made a guardsman for Dark Heresy. Real salt of the earth type

Got wasted in an underhive, started a barfight with another guardsman, get thrown across the room by the gang leader, and then later shot a civvie in the face.

To be fair, there were zombies around and he wasn't speaking Gothic, motherfucker.

Thunderclap is great

The DM caught on when I elbow dropped a giant spider to death off the top of a statue

kek my life into pieces

So I make one of these after every campaign.

I make them for the group rather than for random people on Veeky Forums so this one may be somewhat unclear if you didn't play the game. But maybe it will make you chuckle anyway?

Wizard that has played wizards for years, in a campaign to fight in the worldwound with a bunch of people new to roleplay in general... DM got pretty frustrated.

>Bruttenholm
Oh hell yeah, would party up with

Garden World/Imperial Navy/Chirurgeon
An insomniac mother hen a little under a foot shorter than our Inquisitor, who was named Throne Agent and put in charge of a rogue's gallery including a JoJo Arbite, a Chauvanistic Telepathica handler with an astropath fetish, a Catachan who could never meet her eye but rarely took his eyes off of her, and a Feral World Psykeress who is basically a glorified Warpy Geiger Counter who's woefully underbathed, and Old Man Henderson the Operating Operator who Operates Operationally.