>meet the other players
hey whats your character
>I'm a human dragon rider
>my back story is I found a dragon egg

what do you do?

Omelette

fpbp

And whats the problem?

He gets to try and raise a dragon companion from hatching day to full growth.

Hope it doesn't die!

You made my day user, have a (You) good gentlemen.

What if it's just a wyvern?

What was your character op? Are you just jelly?

The 'problem' is that it's a carbon copy of the inheritance cycle MC.

half-orc purple dragon knight fluffed as warlord

watch out long special snowflake story coming up

>father was a warlord
>mother was a human slave
>one day father gets ill during my childhood and uncle usurps the "throne"
>all of my half brothers are killed but my mother sneaks me out
>mother dies distracting a scouting party tracked with hunting us down
>found by hobgoblins
>made part of the personal guard of one of the generals
>find out that the job involves nothing but standing back and not actually fighting anything
>way underqualified for anything else but big headed and wants his own unit
>hobgoblins are going to raid my old home
>convince warlord to give me a unit and to put me on the vanguard as I'm familar with the camp arangement
>go into battle
>collection of tents is now a fort
>no idea how to tackel it but chargers in anyway
>unit gets wiped out by exploading barrles dropped from the walls
>get shellshocked and wander off of the battlefield
>phsyically scarred from the explosion
>remains conifident in his his ablities and pretend the event never happened
>keeps it a secret from everyone and has a million and one lies about how he got the scar
>has a new dream of starting a sale sword company
>tries to give orcs and goblinoids a good name though doing good deads but fundimentally he is a typical orc who reverts back to his chaotic ways when no one humans are looking
>planned on making him grow geniunly kinder and humble though the adventuring with the party despite growing stronger and having more of a reason to talk himself up.

instead people talk shit about him because I'm not an OP homebrew class and make fun of him for being weak

be kind plz

Seems ok. I don't see why you'd be upstaged by a dude with a dragon.

Your old hobgoblin masters/family are probably going to find out that you deserted, it would be a good idea to have a dragon riding mega badass on your side for when they eventually come after you/you go after them and have to fight a goblinoid army.

If you're feeling overshadowed and inferior, just strive to act cooler than him in character without directly upsetting the other players plans and stuff.

Ok?

Who gives a shit? The inheritance cycle shamelessly steals from a ton of shit, and not very well at that.

>Young squire gets really exited when he discovers a dragon egg
>Starts enthusiastically trained to be a rider even before it hatches.
>Spends most of his time carrying it around and protecting it from harm
He's just a martial version of a late game carry, I'd be fine with it.

If the rules don't support it, just say that the dragon was a runt that was weak from not being properly hatched at the temperatures that it normally requires.

Then treat it as an animal companion with normal stats for the character's level.

This is a level one character?

This is the thing I hate the most about characters like this.

You're level one, fucker. Stop writing a god damn novel about all the shit you've done. One significant event, whatever put you over the threshold from level-0 commoner to PC, and that's all you should really have if you're here to tell a cooperative story

Sauce?

Also, that's actually a pretty cool idea. obligatory "no campaign gets past level 10"

Fpbp as usual

Did you guys miss the part where he got his ass handed to him for trying to take on a fortress of dudes?

I've never gotten this kind of mentality. If you want your character to be cool before they begin their adventuring career, its fine. Let them. Normal people do extraordinary things all the time.
This shit is tame compared to some of the worse godly-level-1-nobody backstories anyway.

beastmaster ranger with a toned-down wyrmling for companion
his character arch is finding means to speed up the wyrmling's age, so he can actually ride him someday because those things take ages to mature

So he's only level one because he hasn't won battles and got mad XP?

Dunno, I just (poorly) edited this.
Think it's just from a drawthread.

Oh.

Well good job, you fooled me. I wish that meant more

du fromage

sigh

>a dragon egg takes century to hatch

General rule of thumb. Don't make a character that can only exist if another character exists. What happens if that one player is not present that session or dies off.

Make sure you make a character that can stand on their own two feat, the "bodyguard" style of character is fine but don't make that be your whole thing

Games I'm in don't go on unless everyone's there.

Slip the player a list of topics that my character is likely to broach with them. This gives him time to think of something before I put him on the spot during character interaction.