Veeky Forums cyoa general thread

Elemental Edition

Previous Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

2/2

Nobledark Bending Adept, just to make it a challenge.

>EARTHBENDING:
*Hung Gar Training ==> Solid Stance ==> Third Jing

*Rock Smash ==> Sinkhole ==> Rock Glove ==> Tunneling

*Seismic Sense

*Earth Bullet ==> Minimalism
=================================
I AM A DWARF AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE. DIGGY DIGGY HOLE. DIGGY DIGGY HOLE.

Obligatory

>tfw the fact most cyoa authors are better at creating entertainment than people in the video game and other industries feels me with dread as none of their shit will be published.
I don't want these feels.

This CYOA confuses me a little. It's really grim and shitty to the point of feeling satirical, but all the companions would fit in a more lighthearted fantasy CYOA. So few of them are baddies.

I hear that new mass defect is the most inspired piece of story telling since the Bard penned his greatest work.

>Mass Defect
I do not pity any of those who bought it.

In your opinion, what's the best supernatural school -style cyoa? Hero Academy, Eventide Academy, or Scholomance? Am I forgetting one?

Legit my favourite genre.

Hero, if only because the details of Scholomance are slipping my leaky brainpan at the moment.

Yeah, I'll probably still play it after it's price goes down on PC.
All the way down.

Adept, Handicapped (Blind)/Nobledark

Firebending

>Meditation - Spirituality - Chi Sense
>Northern Shaolin Training - Concerted Offense - Dragon Dance
>Redirection - Lightning Generation
>Breath Control - Fire Jump
>Flame Dagger
>Combustion

Can I refluff the flame dagger as something more like an arc lamp? Same with jumping being propelled by either combustion or lightning.

I like the idea of a fire bender who cannot for the life of him bend fire.

It's been ages since I heard that. Damn.

Scholomance got me because it felt like it could really happen. I also really liked that wizard one because you could be a dragon.

Eventide has great potential with its options but it just does not have that "spark" to it, Hero Academy is opposite (the mechanics are really basic) but it rubs that desire just right.

I don't think I've seen Scholomance. Someone post it?

Does anyone have a newer version of this?

Is this a meme.

Trirastra Pryslyn

>Goldstrand Elf
>Female
>Goldstrand Refuge

>Spear
>Staff
>Token
>Tome
>Scalemail

>Elemental Magic 1
>Transcend 2
>Summon 3
>Warding 4
>Alchemy 5
>Quickening 6
>Trapmaking 7
>Muffled Walk 8
>Preparation 9
>Meditation 10
>Acrobatics (Dancer)

>Pathfinders
>Alchemist Targas
>High Priestess Nadir (ELO)

>Swamplurker

>Dancer 10 Years

>Primeval Dragon

Final Stats
STR 15
FIN 24
CAST 39
CON 24
WIL 29
SPD 18
CRA 20
ELO 24
STA 15

Plan is to become incredibly powerful sorceress and use a staff that's also a spear to cast spells and fight with quickness and finesse instead of strength and lots of magic of course. Will learn how to summon the Primeval Dragon by listening in on the conversations of adventurers while working as a dancer, which will also help me be quick and graceful. Once the dragon is slain, goal is to quest to find the secret to eternal beauty and youth and become immortal sexy sorceress. My companions might also be interested in this quest and join me.

Be hopeful by the little thought that at least two of us are looking into things like unity or basic html coding to make interactive things.

Whoops. Thanks.

Traveller CYOA update when

This reminded me. Isn't Highlander making a Traveller game and novel.

The fuck is the other authors even doing?

You forgot Rapture Academy.

.. what? It's a school, and there's supernaturaly fuckery going on. Often quite literally.

I was looking for it to fill the gap in my memory, only to realize that I don't remember Eventide...
My mind is like a god damned sieve.

It's nice to see this get reposted.

Anyway I'm posting to tell you guys I'm going to be taking a very long break from making CYOAS. I know you fans of AITO v.2.0 were looking forward to it and are probably angry that it's being delayed again, but I don't want to make CYOAS for now.

I don't know for sure when I'll be coming back to make more, or even if I will. Just letting you fellow fans of cyoas know.

Wait, weren't you currently working on something other than the Steam CYOA? Will it get done or not?

That is at the bottom of my list of schools I want to attend. Just under being dead academy.

You can't compare Highlander to other CYOA makers. Highlander is an actual crazy person.

>The Gods
>Vishnu

>Devine Physique
>Regenerative Healing
>Element Affinity (Fire)
>Telekinesis

I never made Rapture Academy build. Is it really as bad as all that?

>Is it really as bad as all that?
Yes.

Italics once said if they learned Japanese they would go work for Type-Moon or create their own VN. Whichever happened firsto.

That picture is at the bottom of the original game the Rapture Academy CYOA is based on, not a joke about the game. Any further questions?

>Eldritch Horrors
>Yog-Sothoth

>Plot Armor
>Entropic Aura
>Divine Physique
>Regenerative Healing

My primary form of combat is to activate my Entropic Aura, lay hands on my enemy, and double the flow of time, making things decay four times as quickly as they would have under the normal influence of the aura, which is already deadly. The other three powers just let me survive long enough for this to kill anyone.

My favorite thing about Rapture is that there is a magic skill you can buy to summon demons, but no magic skill to actually control them, only one to contain them.
Sort of, there is an option to be particularly powerful, or to be on the same side as the rapists. However it is basically rape school no matter what you do.

I myself have made two or three rape builds of different flavors.

Dr. Spook

Race: Human
God: Father (No longer worshipped)

Lair: Frost-bitten castle, Teb'eis

Companion: Demi-lich master (-1 companion +1 perks)

Perks: Scholar
Artificer
Engineer
Rune crafter
Blood crafter

Enemies: Death fearing duke +7
Solaris crusader +18
Bounty Hunter +10
Archlich +15

Drawbacks: Branded x3 +15
Bounty +5

70 points total
+4 spells -60
+1 perk -10

Main book: Promraen Caro

(19 spells total)

T4: Gentle repose, Reinforcement, Create abomination, Craft soulflask, Command spirit

T3:Limit bane, Warp flesh, Ritual enhancement, Trap soul

T2: Rejuvenate, Create life, Create skinwalker, Craft plague, Mass growth, Enhance bloodline, Life transfer, Create soulstone, Extract soul

T1: Potion of khizaz

Minions: Targor x2 (24)
Flesh puppet (30)

It's not that bad, and you don't need to build yourself around rape if you don't want. It actually has a pretty good character-building section in that regard. It's basically whatever you make of it. Like rape? Great. Just want a lewd magic school? That works fine too.

Speaking of Rapture Academy, here's Rapture Academy.

Especially with the NobleBright option, if you're female.

>some people bought a special edition version
>that literally DIDN'T COME WITH THE GAME

Thank you for your previous works. Enjoy the break.

Why's it have the reputation it does if there's a noblebright option?

Because noblebright is cheating, and cheaters need to be raped extra hard.

Because there wasn't a noblebright option when it first came out, which led to people making high power builds for the specific purpose of bringing down the school.

Noblebright came after it got that reputation. Also even if you are super powerful it's still rape school.

The noblebright option is less than two months in it. The game is around a year old, if I remember correctly. In between, the author disappeared entirely, so we assumed this was the final version (without the mysteries being explained).

And besides, Noblebright just gives you more points, which means you're by no means safe.

I've never really liked Noblebright for a few reasons. One is the free shit it gives you. The other is the fact that you can make a perfectly good build without using it, and you really don't need to go the rapey route anyway. It's easy enough to just have it be a lewd school with weird stuff going on behind the scenes.

Grimdark Avatar (43 Points)

Air: 10
>Bagua Training => Acrobatics => Be the Leaf

>Flight

Water: 13
>Tai Chi Training => Economy => True Flow
>Meditation => Spirituality

>Blood Bending

Earth: 10
>Hung Gar Training => Solid Stance => Third Jing

>Lava Bending

Fire: 10
>Northern Shaolin Training => Concerted Offense => Dragon Dance

>Combustion

One of the Avatars with the least amount of impressive, overt displays of true “bending”, but the single greatest martial combatant of all time, with complete mastery of the aspects of combat from each element. The highly specialized focus of each element, however, gives me enough non-martial options to still engage any threat, including the Dark Avatar and his corrupt spirits; Combustion and Lava Bending are particularly potent against such spirits, and Blood Bending is a nearly perfect weapon against human foes.

>Name
Amaya Chernbog
>House
Medusa
>Enemy House
Saturn
>Attributes
Allure: 1
Elusive:0
Force:6
Study:0
Threat:4
>Perks and Flaws
Favorite Classes: Self Defense and Home Economics
Inhuman Attribute
Crush
Ward
Competitive
Martial Training
Dream Girl
>Mystery
Dorm Raid
>Enemy
Cult
>Dark Fate
Slavery

Still waiting for Space Janitor CYOA. My doctor told me to stop waiting with hardened genitals, but I'm still doing it.

I just use it for full magical realm turbo rape.

I see. I might try a build after I run some errands. Goal is get magical education with no fear of rape.

>It's easy enough to just have it be a lewd school with weird stuff going on behind the scenes.
Naw, those mysteries and dark fates paint a picture too nasty to just write of as "weird and lewd."

That said, I agree with the rest of your post.

I like noblebright because you can make yourself way too powerful, but still take enough flaws that it's really difficult if not impossible anyway.

im surprised there arent more RWBY CYOAs

>The game is around a year old, if I remember correctly.
I think you mean the CYOA, as opposed to the game that it's based on.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant.

Try it as a girl then as boys are easy mode.

what is this dr. Story, why is he spook? I'm intrigued user

I'd like to see a perfectly good non noblebright female build that can defend against rape or most rape attempts.

Not really, I just want to find a version that has all the exclusive companions in it.

I'm playing it right now

And I'm having fun

You aren't not allowed to do that.

Is it wrong that I make Rapture Academy builds playing as a boy with the aim of getting a waifu and protecting her smile?

So /CYOA/g, what setting do you like best

Yes. Do it anyways, and remember that most of your classmates want to rape her and cuck you.

Yes, that's fucking vile

Nope, just don't be surprised you become a haunting reminder as a cucked husk.

Or escape this rape den with waifu and morals intact.

No, there's a House you'd fit right in. Be a Neptune! Though you risk being mindwiped to protect the Facade. (By me. Maybe.)

Modern fantasy.

How would escape even be possible?

No.

You should do what you want. House Apollo is best though.

Cyberpunk. And 1984-esque dystopias.

Though it's even better if you have a dystopia akin to Brave New World, where you have to realize you're living in a dystopia first, using little clues to find the bigger picture.

I'd go to that school over my cold, dead body.

'Spook'

>House
Medusa

>Attributes
Allure 1
Elusive 1
Force 1
Study 2
Threat 6

>Perks and Flaws 10
Favorite Class
-Magic 9

Dominant
-Minion 5

Inhuman 8
-Inhuman Attribute (Threat) 2
-Insubstantial -3
-Unliving -7
-Monster -6

Magical
-Inherent Magic -12
-Inherent Magic -16
-Evil Twin -17
-Haunted -14
-Unlucky -11

Social
-Lesser Enemy -12
-Wealth (Poor) -11
-Crush (Evil Twin) -9
-Reputation -7
-Unpopular -5

Sensual
-Denial (Crush) -3
-Compulsive Masturbation 0

>Magic
Spiritual Touch
Supernatural Sight

>Mysteries
I think I'll have trouble with the Ghost Hunter's Club...

>Enemies
Medusa Stalker

>Dark Fate
Stockholm Syndrome

Well, I seem to have lost myself. What a fucking bitch. I'll have to show her who's boss.
I can't very well let her run around with my cute face, can I? What do you mean, "She said the same thing?" Who's side are you on, kid?

My fellow person of magical aptitude!

Too bad

>Graduation
>Getting word to the outside after fighting through the schools grueling defenses
>managing to when a portal opens for new students to enrol
>banding the students into a cohesive force against the dark without losing to the dick
>smooth out your years of schooling by making sacrifice of your fellows
>grow too strong to fuck with
>use your tactical espionage to make everyone with a hate boner for you assume you were dissapeared

Jesus, last time I pull an all nighter.

No. That's what I did. I made a build for his waifu, too. I'll resist posting them again this time, though, since I've already done it a few times before.

I have risen to your challenge, user.

Rape Bait - 7 Attribute, 0 Background, 3 Enemies/Dark Fates, Minimum -5 worth of flaws

House Venus - +1 Elusive, 3 points for Social Perks

Allure: 0
Elusive: 6
Force: 1
Study: 2
Threat: 0

Perks and Flaws [0 Points, +3 for Social Perks]
>Aversion (Mental, Social Interaction) -2 [-2]
>Glasses (Physical) -2 [-4]
>Ugly (Physical) -2 [-6]
>Connections (Social) 3 [-6; covered by Venus points]
>Lesser Enemy x3 (Social) 3 [-3]
>Guardian (Social) 3 [0]
>Dignity (Social) -5 [-5]
>Polite (Social) -2 [-7]
>Unpopular (Social) -2 [-9]
>Virgin (Sensual) -2 [-11]
>Inhuman Attribute (Inhuman, Elusive) 6 [-5]
>Bane (Inhuman, Sunlight) -1 [-6]
>Inherent Magic (Magical, Shroud) -6 [0]

Magic
>Shroud (Inherent Magic, can always cast perfectly)

Mysteries
No thank you, I’m just getting my education.

Enemies
Slaver
>Discordia
>Spirited Away
Cult
>Hecate
>Spirited Away
Experiment
>Diana
>Capitulation

A prim, proper, rather unattractive girl, sent into the school completely unaware of its dangers and horrified when she realizes the truth. She trades all of the favors she could leverage to make herself inconspicuous, attracting only the attention of minor threats, and gaining a protector from one of the boy's Houses. Her natural tendency to disappear into the background has blossomed into the ability to literally vanish without a trace, coupled with an emergent magical ability to further conceal herself. Nothing can happen during classes, and no one can find her the rest of the time. She can't help anyone else, but she can keep herself safe.

Settings that allow the blending of multiple themes. One of my favorites is the Dream Prince CYOA, simply because it allowed me to make myself into a Space Viking.