Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which is your favorite sphere in Spheres of Might? Favorite class/archetype in SoM?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None because it's a trashfire

Do you guys think spheres of might would be better with DHB instead of Ssalarn at the reigns.

Whichever one gets the fewest stupid gimmicks.

Which are the ones Jolly designed? Barroom or something?

Reminder that Shardwalkers closes next week.

Reminder to ERP with your sister

Reminder that Shardwalkers shot itself in both feet out the gate with pseudogestalt.

Reminder that it's ok not to apply, there's enough people for a game already. It's also ok to apply, but don't feel pressured to!

Reminder that the GM for Shardwalker has disappeared off the face of the planet. Shardwalker is likely stillborn.

I like the pseudo-gestalt but I can't stand playing without feat tax rules, especially not on a level 1 start. I just get so frustrated over it.

Bi-weekly Tuesdays works nicely for me too. I have a character ready for it if I change my mind but my pet peeve eats at me.

Duelist's Grip is default talent of the Decisive Fist martial tradition. It is unquestionably compatible with unarmed attacks.

The real question is how it interacts with the Dual Wielding sphere.

but argentum literally runs three other pfg games and is in one other

the man can't "disappear" you dunce

And has anyone seen him? Hmmm?

I really don't want to jinx it, but I'm actually very happy with the way Blingmaker has been progressing; if we talk about it we're talking about mechanical builds and lore, and so far we haven't had anyone try to shill their character.

WHERE IS KSnHFAG
WHERE IS POLITICSFAG
HEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEE~

What're the schedules on his games? Have any of them missed yet?

They were literally on /pfg/ IRC channel 2 hours ago.

Given that he's been on the IRC today?
Yes.

ur a faget

Politicsfag?

Shit I'm wondering where Fatefag is.

Alright /pfg/, who was your favorite app that didn't get in, or got in a bamboozle game? I want to hear of the fallen.

He's a fatefag, he has probably died of cancer by now.

I still want to see Falafel greentext, sounds like he could get up to some silly as fuck shit.

It'll come once the serious meme players get their apps in. By the time the SotRJfags finally get their not!Cas x not!Val joint apps up the thread will be in shambles yet again, I guarantee it.

No you just want to reply to yourself.

Silly user, Fatefags are empowered by cancer.

What sort of technologies or equipment would you like to see in Starfinder, /pfg/?

this guy , Also KSnH who is probably dead or bamboozling all along

I really liked my molthune app

That gatordude from RotJR. He woulda shown Onryou a right good time, and wouldn't have gotten forced into marrying Shayliss.

gmt+8anon probably died to unsafe work conditions in china.

i really disliked all of my apps

Orange transparent chainsaws, power armor, railguns, special materials, digital/replicated items, robotic PCs.

I want technology and equipment to be available in such a way that I can make a character completely from 1st party material who's just a brain and spinal column.

Sir, I'm going to need you to delet this.

Same brother, same.

The cringe never leaves, even if the mythweaver pages are gone.

>MUH DIK MUHFUGGA
Please. He'd have banged Shayliss and just sauntered on up to Ven with brass balls and got gutshot.

Me too. Sometimes I go to my mythweavers sheets and just look at that blank page. Let's hug it out.

The Gatordude was dumb.

Any Blingmaker apps looking good yet? Or at least hilariously bad?

Yes, but he wouldn't have been forced into marriage like that cuck Seht.

/pol/ get out

Computer-created immediate education, either through stimuli hacks like on sleeping targets or direct brain modification.

So that everyone gets a universal and large amount of skill points. The Class With No Skills does NOT belong on a space adventure, fullstop.

shard is where the dank shit is right now boyo.

>who was your favorite app that didn't get in, or got in a bamboozle game?

I think Aurelian Mopatis was an excellent app ruined by being a deadpan serious character applying to a whimsical, light-hearted romp through Golarion.

I've got a suggestion for how we should handle Blingmaker - I doubt anyone's going to really pay heed to what I say, but let's see if we can't get some magic happening, yeah?

What if we, as a group, did not talk about Blingmaker apps unless it's a Reviewanon giving a looksee on the app. How does that sound? We don't meme, we don't obsess, and the only time we can bring up that name is when it's actually a legitimate topic.

They seem pretty average across the board. The only one that's really notable to me is the cake crafter, and not because she's some particularly great app but just because she's about to move an age category.

How about we talk about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms instead of Blingmaker, then?

What are the most interesting things about those regions? And what is in the greatest need of a revision?

>River Kingdoms
Just how AnCap are the River Kingdoms?

>not!Cas x not!Val joint apps
delet this

>You are ambushed by a group of giant crabs, they begin to claw at the weapons bag you're holding
>I try and beat them away with the bag

>Alright, make a roll at a -4 due to using an improvised weapon also take 3 attacks of opportunity as you're within range of three creatures.

>Make an attack roll, but I'm applying an arbitrary penalty to it.

>Make a bullrush attempt, if you succeed they wont move but you can move away freely

Which do you think is best /pfg/?

THE RIGHT TO THE RIVERS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>What are the most interesting things about those regions?

The most interesting thing about Brevoy, ironically is that it's an utterly traditional medieval fantasy kingdom.

Every country in Golarion has some weird shtick that sets it apart from everyone else, but Brevoy is just... It's Fantasy Poland with a bit of Game of Thrones, but otherwise it's more or less like a real-world kingdom only with magic. You don't have Linnorm battles to determine kingship, it's not a matriarchy (in fact it's the purest patriarchy in Pathfinder), the rulers aren't obsessed with devils. It's just... There.

RECREATIONAL

EMPOWERED, MAXIMIZED, INTENSIFIED

FIREBALLS

Not as much as you'd expect (want?). You *could* live that sort of life, but most settlements try to have a modicum of law and order just for the sake of survival.

The bigger cities are usually pretty chaotic, but though the AnCap life could probably be livable, you'd piss off someone powerful pretty soon, and that's going to be more dangerous than anywhere else since they can just send assassins after you.

THOU SHALT NOT VIOLATE THE NAP OF THE RIVER.

Acrobatics to move back while tumbling, draw weapon while moving, attack with standard action.

This isn't hard.

>Just how AnCap are the River Kingdoms?

>The bigger cities are usually pretty chaotic,

Friendly reminder that Pitax is a sleazy Las Vegas.

Black Tentacles.

I too saw a king mudcrab once
Horrible creatures.

Daggermark mints bitcoins.

>ywn make a Riverfolk Grippli gunslinger

Okay, that's what makes it different. But what's its schtick? What can you do with a character from there that you can't do anywhere else, besides "he's Polish"?

Do they have an order of Witcher-esque monster slayers? Do they have any places that have decent adventure hooks? Is there anything at all besides "muh noble house"?

So pretty AnCap.

This place will fucking fall apart.

>This place will fucking fall apart.

The River Kingdoms is famous for it, user.

We're talking about a region of Golarion where the average kingdom has a shorter lifespan than a human being.

DONT JUDGE FUCKING STATIST BREVOY SCUM
IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They don't, because Golarion is woefully underdeveloped in certain regions, but towns like sandpoint have every citizen and building accounted for.

That's the thing--it was never whole to begin with.

Rivers change course all the time, turning livable areas into swamps, or draining flooded areas and making them habitable.

The only places where people gather turn into cities of thieves and brigands, barely held together by the need for survival or a strong arm.

Well at least someone liked him. Was going to be a scaleheart using the Shifter class to immitate a proper lycan, but Wis penalty so the DM told me to just use a lizardfolk. Kinda changed the characterization some and ended up less interesting.

He was also going to have Swallow Whole a few levels before the ungermaw app. Chomp chomp buddy.

Alright everybody, I know there were people wanting to see Navaros a bit more fleshed out, so I added a Setting doc to the story info thread for people that want a bit more background on the setting and timescale of when certain large events in the setting occurred.

In addition, in case anyone missed an earlier announcement, the game is a weekly game on Thursdays, 8pm EST.

Catch you on that dusty trail.

So how do we change it, then? What do we add to make it more than a shitty wanna-be Westeros?

>But what's its schtick? What can you do with a character from there that you can't do anywhere else, besides "he's Polish"?

Pretty much just the Swordlords, which are essentially the ultimate one-handed swordsmen with an exceptionally shitty PrC.

If you ask me, Brevoy needs more shticks.

>Do they have an order of Witcher-esque monster slayers?

... This makes me want to read about an order of Wizard-Alchemists who own remote castles in Brevoy and submit young orphans to genetic modification and herbal enhancements to breed supersoldiers.

OH SHIT, YOU KNOW WHAT BREVOY COULD HAVE?

Griffins and hippogriffs. Loads of them. Entire herds (prides?) Of them. Brevic knights could tame them and ride into battle as Winged Hussars.

It's in a perpetual state lel of falling apart and putting itself together. As it should, since competition is encouraged.

I am an idiot, here's the link

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

>what's its schtick? What can you do with a character from there that you can't do anywhere else

Its history. Brevoy has an interesting and tumultuous history that dates back over 200 years. You can play a character inspired by Brevoy's legends, a character convinced of Brevoy's glory, a character dedicated to become the next chapter in its history.

You can make the history of a character's homeland relevant to any character, but you can only make Brevoy's history really relevant to a character of Brevoy.

How does item crafting work with DSP psionics? Can psionic classes make actual constructs, and not just astral ones?

I cast maximized empowered thundering fireball at no extra cost thanks to my Sacred Geometry rolls while my 35 HD Familiar attacks for 35d6+8d10+4d20 damage. +44 on its attack rolls.

If you wanted to play a roleplaying game go play FATE. Pathfinder is about seeing how big of a number you can get and ERP with monster girls.

STOP CAPITALIZING FATE.

>What do we add to make it more than a shitty wanna-be Westeros?

Winged Hussars and an emphasis on monstrous mounts, preferably hippogriffs and griffins.

Suggest Brevoy's interest in conquering the River Kingdoms if or once the succession crisis is finished. This is not something that would be a shtick, but it could certainly offer tons of delicious custom campaigns.

Make the Swordlords a bit more mystical - nothing comparable to a Magus mind you, but more like, "my sword is so good it can catch on fire just by atomizing the air." These people should feel a little like the Jedi to a common Rostlander, not just because Swordlords are canonically dedicated to the preservation and upholding of Rostlandic customs and law.

Questing. You know, like Arthurian style questing. Gronzi Forest should be a Questing Wood, filled with baubles and Questing Beasts and ladies of lakes that will grant unto their favored supernatural powers in return for their service.

What I'm saying is we should add a bit of Warhammer Fantasy Bretonnia and Empire into Brevoy. If Brevoy is destined to be the "normal" civilization in Golarion, by GOD are we going to make them badass normals.

Nearly the same as magic item crafting, and yes.

The only real difference is what items take what crafting type to create (dorje=rod, powerstone=staff, tattoo=scroll, etc.).

>I blow myself up while my made up build does nothing
not gr8

True, but that's basically Taldor on a shorter time scale. Brevoy needs something besides swordsmen and dickass nobles.

Something like a unique magical tradition, or some rituals that people perform as a rite of passage or to prove their power.
>Varisian magic uses tarot cards
>Katapeshi magic uses drugs
>Shoanti gotta get tattooed to be men
>Ulfen gotta kill a dragon to be kings

What can we extrapolate from Brevoy? Perhaps some kind of rare promise of an impossible task that could catapult a peasant into nobility?

Nobility doesn't work that way.

>What can we extrapolate from Brevoy? Perhaps some kind of rare promise of an impossible task that could catapult a peasant into nobility?

user... Anyone can become nobility in Rostland, you just need to be good with a sword. The Swordlords are all noblemen and noblewomen, this is why their last names are changed to Aldori.

I'd like to point out that Brevoy was originally conquered by a dragon and/or rider. There's precedent for the monstrous mount thing.

It's not supposed to, no.
But as said, Bretonnia's a good place to steal from. Some kind of legendary quest--maybe killing a red dragon or drinking its blood?--could be a thing that no commoner could actually pull off (especially since red dragons are so rare as to be impossible to find), but that might get someone an opportunity to marry into nobility or get adopted into a noble house.

>Winged Hussars and an emphasis on monstrous mounts, preferably hippogriffs and griffins.

I know what I'm making for Blingmaker now.

Hippity hoppity, Rightly spell my intellectual property

Maximized Empowered Selective Searing Destructive Orb

Fuck, I knew I should have packed some butter.

A far fucking easier way of becoming nobility is...raising a rebellion and conquering land. Nobles in feudalism are in charge of their own fiefs, interally, and responsible for them. The King of England doesn't really have the ability to stop the Duke of Wessex from attacking the Duke of Essex - but he can stop people from attacking his PERSONAL land, and can stop the King of Scotland attacking the Duke of Lancaster.

So, do you guys like Monster Hunting and/or Handbooks?

Didn't that area have an ancient cyclops empire that existed around the same time as Thassilon? I don't see anything about it in the lore pages about Brevoy but I swear I remember reading about it once. Kalloran, or something like that?

Though, are cyclops even interesting in Pathfinder? Paizo doesn't care about ancient empires that aren't Azlant or Thassilon.

Heard this one was even more worthless than usual.

spoiler that shit i don't want to puke

>and ERP with monster girls
thicc quest was fun

The Cyclops Empire was in the shackles area, before it became an archipelago.

Well, we're going to find out together, aren't we?

No

Even Roll20 spells it as FATE. It's not FATE! It's just Fate! Capital F, nothing else! The poor devs are trying so hard to fight against it!

They're okay. Paizo seems to remember them on occasion, but only when they need to spice up a place nobody cares about (like the ass end of Qadira or the Shackles). Iblydos does a lot with them too.

Really, the cyclopes seem to be more an Iobaria thing than Brevoy...but that's not to say we can't drag them back in, maybe even have a cyclops seer as a guest of the royal court.

>A far fucking easier way of becoming nobility is...raising a rebellion and conquering land.

Friendly reminder that my boy Billy the Bastard was an Adventurer, and so were all his other Norman friends when they set their sights on the white cliffs of Dover.

That is what an Adventurer is. They're half-mercenary, half-soldier, and hired on by a claimant to help take the land they deserve. Kingmaker is as close to the historical definition of Adventurer as you can get.

Where is this picture from
pls user