/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 25 (1d26)

Tanky McTankface Edition
Primarch juice Sub-Edition

Primarch II is an accountant and Primarch 11 was a Rangda. Corax nukes civilians, Abby is Warmaster despite lacking a Paragon Blade, and Imperial boys look great in either truesilver Grey or Auramite gold. All of that and more in the previous thread -> >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/03/29/your-new-medical-kit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the VII

If I were to consider adding a few SoS to Custodes to bump the model count up a little, what is worth considering?

something something holy shit your blood is horrifiying

That it'd make you loyalist scum

The sword sisters are a little better than the bolter sisters, though I like how the latter look.

The only thing to definitely avoid is the +20 point meltagun upgrade on BS2 dogs. Give them flamers. And definitely take those transports.

Is the humble bundle $15 for the first(How many are there anyway?) HH novels worth it?

Assuming you don't have to fuck about with troops tax, Krole and her raptor guard seem pretty good. The transport's a decent gunship after it's dropped them off as well.

Chaostodes When?

If you're worried about the cost just pirate them ffs

I don't disagree that that seems like a great unit, though adding more Melee to Custodes seems a little redundant.

There's a unit that can take all grenade launchers, is that any good?

Rolled the dice, good summary...A proper bread! That's a signal... angelus shall make /HHG/ great again

The new Custodes codex establishes that whena Custodes feels depressed and unworthy of guarding his corpse he takes off his armor and roams the galaxy in a black cloak

basically chaos emo custodes

I'm more worried about quality. Are they actually any good? I'm a serious oldfag, my HH knowledge is buried in 3rd edition 40k.

Also, I really wish SoS seeker cadres could take assault needlers, or generally that excutiatus cadres were HS with an option for HQ in small games. Such a lovely little gun, but a nuisance to get into the army if you're not running pure sisters.

That seems less Chaos, more Wandering Jew.

One has to wonder how eight foot tall hyperbuff guys in black cloaks pass amongst the citizenry.

Just make sure you take the SoS dedicated transport alongside the unit of chicks, so your custodes have an assault vehicle they can ride in.

>Are they actually any good?
A couple, scattered here and there like diamonds in a sea of glass, with a few decent ones also here and there like quartz. But 60% of them are just medicore or shit.

Malcador was a bigger loss to the post-heresy imperium than Sanguinius. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you should clean your teeth every day.

The early ones are better, generally the HH has gotten worse the more they try to stretch it but there are some gems here and there.

They played Infiltration games where the objective was to infiltrate the palace under the watchful gaze of the Custodians, and some made it.
If they can do so, hiding amongst the populace wouldn't be too hard.
Also they're 7'3", not 8'

With no Femarchs, death was a release to him. Goodnight, sweet prince.

>7'3 not 8

Eh, Custodes are visibly a head taller than marines, who are usually described as 7 foot.

>$1 bundle
Yep, totally.
>$8 bundle
Eh. There's some stinkers in there. I probably wouldn't get this tier.
>$15 tier
Yeah, this is probably worth it, if you don't want to pirate.

If you do get it, I'd recommend reading:
>horse riding
>false gods
>galaxy in flames
>flight of the eisenstein
>legion
>mechanicum
>a thousand sons
>first heretic
>prospero burns
...and maybe only bother with the rest if you're especially bored.

Hey, Know No Fear, Scars and Path of Heaven are great book.

>horse riding
well i guess a lot of the problems for the traitors could be explained by either too much or not enough stimulation

also nemesis is amazing

>Emperor's Will
>no Emperor's Might

Is there already some ebook version of that in existence, because I've seen it in one of the Megas as well, but never the Might.

>One has to wonder how eight foot tall hyperbuff guys in black cloaks pass amongst the citizenry.
They have a lot of practice at being sneaky; they are trained in the arts of assassination - both improvised and advanced - in order to counter possible assassination attempts to the Emperor.
And, when you think about the palace, and that most militaries use their own men to be an opfor (plus the abilities you'd need to meaningfully test a custodes), a fair bit of custodes time will be spent creeping round the imperial palace trying to get the jump on other custodes. Possibly while still in their armour.

And they occasionally infiltrate noble houses from time to time

And, if they do get detected, what exactly is the detector going to do about it.
Even if they don't have any authority, they're still a custodes, what are you going to do, arrest them?

Considering the Custodian "spear" is 4 meters long, the one in this pic would be about 7'3", possibly more.
But perhaps the picture is wrong, which wouldn't be a surprise.

They are, but they're not in the bundle as far as I can tell. But yeah, this user should totally make those three their next acquisitions after they finish what's in the bundle, along with Vengeful Spirit.

Also, most of the short story/novella anthologies are worth reading IMO (and if nothing else the bad books are over quicker) but you shouldn't start with those as you won't know what the fuck's going on without some sort of framework.

>Lectitio Divinitatus
>Due to our original shipment of texts being lost in Warp transit, you have been issued with an older edition book on correct practices for Imperial faith written by .

Painting Sisters of Silence
Regular brassy gold or neat shiny silver?

That's one of the things I like the most about the whole grimdark setting - how even traitor primarchs made things which influenced the Imperium for the next 10k years.

They're mostly good. You won't like all of them, but Horus Rising, Galaxy in Flames, A Thousand Sons, and First Heretic (which you must follow up with Betrayer) are popular. Flight of the Eisenstein is half boring, half great. I loved Fulgrim but some people hate it.

Fallen Angels is alright if you're okay with a pre-Heresy story, Nemesis is good if you like assassin stories, Legion is good if you focus on the Imperial Army part of it... they're pretty different from the rest of the series.

Garro isn't badly written but I find him a boring character. Macragge's Honour isn't great writing, but it's a cool graphic novel so who cares.

The good ones that aren't on that list are Know no Fear, Angel Exterminatus, Betrayer, Scars, The Path of Heaven, and maaaaaaaaaybe Master of Mankind (it's more "important" than "good"). Praetorian of Dorn if you like the Imperial Fists. The Imperium Secundus arc was not great.

Go for a darker bronze.

Imperium Secundus Namek was about the worst thing to happen to the series.

Here, let me answer that for you: Each of them is close to nine feet tall.

Speaking as a IF-guy, Praetorian of Dorn was pointless, contrived shit and completely unnecesary.

Shut up, Omegon. Go cry about your brother.

Being that tall just seems impractical. It would mean Custodes are easily countered by having small humansized doorways in your bunkers.

Is this accurate?

Read Blood Game user

I always knew my Primarch was the best.
Commies deserve only one free service- a one way helicopter ticket.

The whole book, or just the end?

I was really enjoying it up to that point, but I'm more of an AL fan.

>small doors keep big Custotards outside

Right. Because they could never, in no way imaginable, get inside to you by simply tearing a bigger entrance with their stupid weapons. How stupid to think of such in the first place...

I heard they get trained in the ancient art of "Ducking Down", though that might be a special rule or fluff shenanigan or something.

Fuck off Tripfag faggot.

>Pinochet
>Best

The comparison cracks me up because both were bitches following orders.

well it's not that ideal in battlefield situations to be a large target, but their armour is so superior and they are meant to make a statement about the Emperor's will so they probably don't give a fuck.

I don't like it when these new proportions. Humans are orks, it seems. Did GW drink the 8 foot kool aid as well? Marines being 8', Custards being 9', Primarchs being 10'?
>The Custodian Guard were created from the flesh and blood of the Master of Mankind
>We know they're made through alchemy rather than geneseed
Doubt.jpeg

Right. If that argument would apply to imperial tactics, there would be no dreads, titans, knights...or maybe Astartes in the first place.

well armour is hyper effective in 40k, well beyond today's capabilities. We don't usually have walkign artillery pieces since digging in to earth embankments provides better cover than any armour we can cover something with. With titans, they have better armour than virtually anything they could be hiding behind.

>Fulgrim
>De Gaulle

My sides just hit orbit

Listen, I don't agree with this 8'+ bullshit, but armour advancing more than firepower means this is truth. That's why marines aren't desperate for cover like guardsmen are, this is why a power sword is a better weapon than an automatic rifle that shoots minirpgs.

Thank you, Cpt. Obvious.

You know what?
[may contains spoilers - attention: plottwist!!!]

The offensive weapons in 40k and 30k are more destructive and powerful too.

> Bob and Blonde are twice as tall as normal humie
> DP Magnus is twice as tall as Bob

Is Magnus a Titan sized or something?

Well his model is around as tall as a Imperial Knight, and that is without the extra hight the wings add.

Even the DG icon is sad! What's this feeling I feel? Akin to IW bitterness but in a DG way

Knight sized

> Saint Celestine: I got this big ass Greater Daemon
> manlet inquisition bitch: o..okay... I'll get a horror
Malcador weeps in his death bed (or whatever urn they put his ashes in)

In the meantime, Cawl's just "Screw all of you, I'm doing the Tusken Raider dance because I'm invincible anyway". He's probably right, they can't statistically hurt him. ABBADON can't statistically hurt him. He just needs to dodge the Sorcerors with Force Axes and he's golden. Oh wait, they don't get those anymore, so he's just chillin'.

it's a heavy support slot in the talons list. it's also a bit expensive for what you're getting.

honestly I think the best use of sisters is to just take three of the cheap shooty troops and give them infiltrate. that lets you keep your custodes units fairly beefy while still having some extra msu scoring potential.

they're honestly pretty cheap for what you get, even without the anti-psyker stuff. S/T3 isn't too terrible when they'rel WS/BS4 with a 3+ and Fearless.

Is he a clone Scoria or something?

his model is about the size of a knight, so... yeah, kinda.

>"If you kill Guilliman on Calth, Horus will lose the Heresy"
>Horus loses the Heresy anyway

Was Kairos Fateweaver just fucking with Lorgar for the lulz?

He regains D3 wounds at the start of each of your turns for starters. And gets re-rolls for his FnP as a warlord trait.

He didn't say Horus was gonna win if he didn't kill Guilliman?

Let me think ...

>Tzeentch daemon

Yes, it was for the lulz.

Nah, but close. Basically Scoria's supporty cousin, same statline except Cawl has I3 and 5++, but rerollable FnP and no EW. On the upside, he can give his ENTIRE ARMY a 4++ or +3BS, or 3 IWND rolls for one turn each, and regens D3 wounds automatically at the start of each Cawl turn. If you can't put more than one wound per round through T6, 2+/5++, FnP 5++ rerollable, then you can't actually ever kill him without ID.

When he sat upon the Throne, his body was ravaged by the intensity of it, but in his last moments he saw the future.
He saw it held promise.
The promise of THICC angry women.
Yes, the Imperium would survive.
And so, he died with a smile on his lips.

>Kairos Fateweaver
One head speaks the truth, the other speaks lies, and both are equally believable. So...

Scoria was a fucking mistake.
He's the fastest strongest, most damaging Magos and has a pseudo Cortex Primus relic power.
Meanwhile, fuck Decima, Draykavac and Satarael.
It's alright, I've lost hope in FW anyway.

I'm really looking forward to start painting World Eaters soon, just need to wait for Missouri user's package to arrive.

>In the grimdark future, only the very best warriors of Mankind know how to duck
That would explain why the IG has so many casualties.

But both heads agreed on that point

Are those real wings like Blondie or fake like his Sang Guards?

Humans always were taller than standard ork though. It's because of the fagt that ork are like Imps, their heads are between their shoulders, not above like us. Bigfer ork straighten up in the process of their growth and that already makes a big difference.

ADB writes that. Don't be suprised if Traitors will win heresy since old fluff is no longer canon.

>Humans always were taller than standard ork though
Precisely, guardsman! They're weakly creatures that can't stand a chance against the cold steel* of an imperial bayonete!
>*Steel unavailable, ceraplastic bayonetes will be issued

Why is Magnus fighting a Tzeentch DP?

Well fuck me. Cawl is also the character I like the most in the serie for now. Like Arkhan Land, a Mechanicus guy who's still pragmatic enough to get shit done, for the good of Humanity.

What are the restrictions to use him? He can't be that powerful and not be used all the time. How much does he cost?

>Small 30k tournament I went to banned primarchs and "primarch level characters"
>Both IF players had sigismund and one of the three AdMech had Scoria

It's a good thing I learned how to keep a straight face a long time ago. There was also a RG who had cameleoline on his veteran sergants and a IF player who had solarite power gauntlets on every single terminator. Armylists were supposedly checked, but I seriously doubt that.

Survival of the fittest, only the Tzeentchian Tzupreme may lead

Fateweaver didn't say NOT killing Bob will make him win the war. So technically he didn't lie.

> Kill Bob = auto lose
> not kill Bob = you can win or lose

He's not the fastest, by a long way. He's slower than a GUARDSMAN. Everything else, yeah. I would say he may be a mistake, but he's what Cybernetica needed.

Either way, I play Traitor Reductor, so I have no relevant named characters who are any good anyway> It's great crushing Herohammer Primarch lists with nothing unique at all.

Noob here. I can't seem to find the rules for chainaxes for 40k or 30k. Cab I just replace Assault squads chainswords by Chainaxes (because I like the look of them) and be done with it or does it play a role on the statline like in 30k where there are better (I think)?

and he doesn't have a model yet with no prototype for a model in sight
that said, as powerful as he is, he has to footslog and gets -1 to run and charge because of hardened armour (90% of people forget that abeyant = hardened armour). as long as you can afford to just stay away from him and shoot him his deathstar unit doesn't accomplish much. easier said than done with some armies, I know, but that's the tactic that works against him.

while not necessarily relevant against scoria in particular it's worth noting how brutal Custodes jetbikes with adrathic things are versus robutts in general. while it's only S6 vs T7 it's AP2 and instant death, so as soon as you roll a wound it's 5++ or they lose 4 wounds and about 120 -140 points of Castellax. they're also just flat out way the fuck faster so they're not going to get charged and get to take assaults on their own terms.

honestly, allowing scoria if you're banning primarchs is pretty dumb even if you're just looking at point cost. if an HQ costs more than 300 points it's kind of obvious they're going to be brutal

200 points. He's just an HQ.

>Initiative 5 with a D3 Autowound weapon
What's the word I should use then, "quickest"?

>Nemesis is good
I'm reading it right now, and I'm not really a fan. This is going to be a really odd criticism for a novel but: the main characters are too characterful. Like, I'm really struggling to believe these are some of the most exquisitely trained operatives in the galaxy when they're bickering and having human worries like they're the scooby gang. Should we put civilians at risk to get a chance at the target? Gee, I dunno, it's not like you're a FUCKING ASSASSIN FOR WHOM COMPLETING THE MISSION IS EVERYTHING or something.

I like how the art has Guilliman's bolter to the side so he can actually punch with it.

Chainaxes are in the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List book, they're +1S AP4. So, generally you only want to be modeling them in 30k if you can actually take them in 30k since they are quite a step up from a generic CCW/chainsword.

Not bayonnette anymore, the standard issue bonesaw is your bayonete now!

It reminded me of How to KO bear 101. Pic related.

>the standard issue bonesaw
Don't you mean your trusty muti-use IMPERIAL SPORK :^) ?
I want a chainspork now.

Well damn. That's one hell of a bonus. I use Tyberos and he's nowhere near as strong or with bonuses that important. And he's a FW character! Albeit from several editions ago.

200 points, can go in any HQ choice in any Army of the Imperium, or replace a Dominus in any Cult Mech or mixed Mech/Skitarii formation. His buffs only apply to units with Canticles or units of friendly Imperium vehicles within 12" of him, not everyone, but in a normal Admech army that's pretty much everyone anyway.

Highest I, really. It's such a specific stat it's hard to just use a regular word, like how T value isn't everything about durability.

My Archimandrite is 355 points, all the toys, and noone's complained. I think the named characters at that point, bar Inar, are all pretty insane by default, but any generic that high has weaknesses like no EW most of the time.
Scoria is perfect for stopping massive Primarchstars just YOLOing down the middle and being boring as hell, and I love him for that, but he's not particularly good against a non-gimmick list in the first place because he's SLOWWWWW.

I've always known bears are brutal killing machines, but since watching Revenant I've been genuinely scared. Do Imperial assassins cause Fear?

That's pretty cruel. Don't theme park attendants suffer enough already?

The fun thing was that none of the admech ended in the top 3, and neither did the illegal armylists. There still is some justice in this world it seems.