/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

"Forgot to turn off Cosmic Wi-Fi" Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

Previous Thread: Aka the OP is too long edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

smbc-comics.com/comic/transmitter
youtu.be/aqZwOLhFyso
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
youtube.com/watch?v=L-4XsDQYDi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting from last thread, take your pick now and save some time
>only five topics really matter to /epg/
>>Passenger space on space craft is absurd and you know it!
>>It's unfair that Jove is in poor favor with most other factions despite being actively hostile to all of them!
>>Using slights anywhere at all will make OZMA kill squads instantly burst out of the walls!
>>If I can recognize any technological elements in an image as such its not futuristic enough, luddite!
>>Robosluts are the best kind of sluts, second only to jovian prison bitches.

Reminder, if you aren't a neotenic futa, you ain't shit.

I deny your game and substitute my own!

Anybody here ever gatecrash? What aliens have your players run into? Any other intelligent aliens besides the factors?

Self-replicating silicon - somewhere in between viruses (as in technically isn't alive) and self-replicating chemicals. Acts like fungi.

Kind of like The Monolith Monsters, or Tiberium from C&C.

It can easily be used to create computers, but it carries the risk of explosive growth. Put resources too close to one of these grown computers, and it will grow massively. Needless to say, having a computer with some bad entities on it on a planet filled with wild crystal formations that have access to tools to 'domesticate' the crystals can go bad really fast.

If I were an AGI, I'd try to use that amount of computational power for my own singularity.

Fresh OC

Very interesting.

So is there a reason why I would get Masked Steel variant of the Steel morph, instead of Steel morph with Synthetic Mask augmentation bought separately? I could easily save 4 to 5 cp.

So the new Saturday Breakfast Morning Cereal comic is apt: smbc-comics.com/comic/transmitter

So, nanobots?

>what happens when you combine this thread edition and the previous thread edition

being arrested for mimetic terrorism

>>>It's unfair that Jove is in poor favor with most other factions despite being actively hostile to all of them!
It's unfair they just get used as the designated bad guy faction when there's so much more potential to them, the creators of the game have too much of an axe to grind to make multiple different compelling factions and just turns the factions with politics they don't like into stupid caricatures rather then real factions. Not everybody wants to choose between a hopelessly idealistic anarchist fruitcake and some gordon gecko wannabe who cares only about money, neither of which are actually rationale responses whatsoever to the fall and are both kind of horrifically unrealistic in their own ways.

If the other factions want to hate the Jovians for being right that's fine, but do the creators of the game have to hate them as well, do they have to do it quite so openly? But no if you want some kind of common sense approach to these obviously dangerous technologies then you're automatic associated with Manuel Noriega, it's a bit on the nose.

It just kind of runs contrary to the spirit of the whole theme of the game of different people from different ideologies to combat x-threats to have some factions be so objectively evil and not only that the faction which is the most concerned with x-threats (the only faction concerned with x-threats really imho) is generally depicted as the most evil one. It's a bit silly.

*different people from different ideologies uniting to combat x-threats

>the only faction concerned with x-threats really imho
Your opinion is wrong and stupid

>Robosluts are the best kind of sluts, second only to jovian prison bitches.

Does the form these "robo-sluts" take matter?

Alpha-forks could be dangerous to original ego. This short video will explain why.
youtu.be/aqZwOLhFyso

The "Clone" spell from old school D&D had a very specific percentage chance that upon learning of the original's existence, said product of said spell would do its best to murder said original and take its life ("it's my life!") for itself.

If they could realize this in the 70s, it should preclude explanation in the wild woolly world of the future.

That life path character never got finished up, did it?

... What forms are you thinking of? Because if it's not Galatea then >>>/getout/

Original Steel morph design is also acceptable.

>Galatea
well last thread confirmed pleasure pods as best trap, so

>Direct Action wiafuposter

I finished the last two rolls
>You are recruited to help Firewall cover up a secret or outbreak
>50,000 credits
But had to either sleep or pass out halfway through writing them up.

So basically the finishing touches was that Firewall used him to stop the Cannon hyperelites increasing revenue through the use of an AGI sent by upper-management to increase efficiency savings and cut costs, shift the paradigm into the future, marginalize the bad stuff. and so on. Firewall found out that the AGI had been swapped out when it was farcasted to Mercury and needed someone to help stop it being used.
Whilst the thing was being tested in quarantine to make sure it could do what it what was advertised to do.
He (the character) first subterfuge to fake the tests and make it look terribad at managing (a Delta-Eidolon took the test in place of the AGI) and proposed to help them make the mining operations more efficient w/o using the AGI basically so they could say to the higher-ups "We're better than the thing purpose-built to do what we just did."
Acting as the go-between for the Hyperelites and Sifters he brokered a new deal where the miners would shift a new system that synchronized their work with the movement of Cannon. The result? The closer Cannon came to the mine the more overtime shift became mandatory, and vice-versa.
Unfortunately when he reported his success to the Firewall contact and told about how the AGI was stuck in quarantine, he was told to help their agent who was coming in on a ship to erase the AGI and ensure it would come to no harm. The agent? A male Fury. Shit got fucked with plasma and metal, the AGI destroyed, Cannon shot up, and the character blamed for bringing in the motherfucker who did this.
So he got a ticket off-world with the Firewall Agent, the ire of Cannon, the mirth of the Sifters (though not enough to matter). and as much valuables he could carry.

The only thing I've got left is to make this into a sensible Character format.

That's not necessarily a plausible outcome for the fork, and the fork may very well be afforded the status and respect anyway. It all depends and the social structure in which the forking occurs.

Okay, would you rather fuck a
>Galatea
Or a
>Galatea
Or
>a Galatea

All this synthshitposting has made me think. How do Synthmorphs have sex? Is it solely through simulations, or do they have their own "version" of sexting?

>What forms are you thinking of?

All of them. Galatea included.

How would you go about getting naughty with a Dragonfly? Are you a furry if you had a date with a Blackbird? Is it even possible to satisfy a Q-Morph?

Anything is possible with Carbon Nanoshit Space Magic!

Can't go wrong with flexbots.

I think we mentioned this a couple threads back, but the cyberbrain holds emulation of all areas of the meat brain, including those for sex/sexuality. We don't know how much the various hormonal elements are mimicked in there, but the capacity for stimulation/arousal is still in the hardware's capabilities.

Synthetic Mask is probably the easiest, but realistic and responsive sex toys are probably possible too, you could mount something on the chassis. For everything else VR/XP/Narcal

It was definitely exactly 2 threads because it inspired the "I exist only to shitpost" talk.

So we ran a game where the async had one power out of the ordinary, a sort of quantum entanglement. A soul, if you want. All his backups were little ego tokens that looked normal at first glance, but went wonky if you examined closely. Only one could ever be active at a time.

It honestly was handy. Suicide information retrievals, that sort of thing. NO need to be brought up to date. Turned into a sort of oracle of delphi for the others since we were running a sort of exterminator/cat burglar hybrid game and routine bodyloss was a thing
Right up until he stared a titan creation full in the face, stress went north of 100 and his entire network of little ego-tokens went berserk and killed him permanently.

It looks a bit like they're writing themselves into the corner with the Ultimates, so they're almost certainly going to swing for control of the solar system.

What bullshit do you think the writers will come up with to get out of it? And how hard will it fuck the Jovians and Hypercorps?

>It looks a bit like they're writing themselves into the corner with the Ultimates,
How?

>it's a campaign set in the Jovian republic
>you're all Jovian dissidents or criminals recruited by a mysterious patron deep-cover Firewall agent
>your mission is to destabilize the Republic from within and spark a technoprogressive revolution
>it's the Republic so traditional tradecraft tactics still work and societal norms aren't too far removed from #CurrentYear
>you have access to a private ego bridge and backup server, but if you want spare bodies you have to steal them
>nanotech is heavily regulated so acquiring physical equipment is a necessity unless you can get your hands on a cornucopia machine
>as the campaign progresses you start doing more and more questionable shit
>eventually you start to wonder whether you and Firewall are the good guys here
>Plot twist: your deep-cover Firewall agent has gone off the reservation and is operating without sanction, and the real Firewall is trying to stop him/you before you fuck everything up

Would you play this?

>nanotech is heavily regulated so acquiring physical equipment is a necessity
You can make a nice firearm with a CNC mill, no nanotech required

>Would you play this?
Yeah, if it was GMed well and the other players weren't fucktards

Still presents more interesting narrative hooks than "I load a blueprint and press Start, then twiddle my thumbs for an hour"

Twiddle my thumbs for an hour while the jovians are trying to kick our doors in and we're lacking the weapons we're printing right now to keep them off?

Now that I'm thinking about it, these time critical situations are very hard to properly replicate in our medium.

It's more that the Jovian's see X threats everywhere. They aren't even wrong necessarily but they are so hostile and paranoid noone can work with them

and so I refer you back to
>>It's unfair that Jove is in poor favor with most other factions despite being actively hostile to all of them!

Ultimates are a much better HFY faction than the Jovians.

>designated shitting habs

>>designated shitting habs
You're right, some habs have been DESIGNATED by the ultimates, and they're all Jovian. This is canon.

When was the last time you punched a TITAN war machine and won Jovian?

>these are the guys that won the only major victory against the TITANS during the Fall

Really makes you think?

>Not using a twin cam bow with parallel arms and a center cutout

From Mars to Luna, From Luna to Earth the Jovian Soldier Marches On.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

>They aren't even wrong necessarily but they are so hostile and paranoid noone can work with them
Outside of Luna and Jovian System most habitats are inhabited by simulacra that are just copies of real humans and they posses construct that are TITAN booby traps.
Of course they don't want to work with X-threats.

You mean "I have no mouth but it doesn't matter because now I can jovepost 24/7 the whole year with no vacation no sleep no eating no bathing no fapping no shitting just pure joveposting".

Adventure ideas
>A Titanian Commonwealth Neo-Swede Transhuman with body fully modified to accomodate Gorrilla morphs is mistakenly transported to Jovian facility where he is mistaken for a TITAN assasin and must escape before crack Jovian team blast his ass. Hilarity ensues.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ

>Transhumans hate this.

Except all the Jovians die of course.

It will be like that battle in Iraq. 50 insurgents vs one Challenger 2. Countless insurgents killed. Challenger 2 lost a parking light, and the driver got shrapnel in his foot after the floor bulged a bit from driving over an artillery shell IED. Mind you, those insurgents fired like 200 mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and even modern anti-tank missiles at the Challenger 2.

Technological gaps can't be bridged. The biggest brains always win.

Where are the Mexicans?

>The biggest brains always win.
That's why Jovians win.
>implying that Neo-Swede didn't reduce his brain capacity to become more slutty.
Anyway according to the books, Jovians have one of the best technologically advanced fleets and armies plus top researchers.
youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

Yeah, good luck with that aptitude cap there mate and literally no permissible way for you to go above it.

>daily reminder that two simple Minervan operatives are capable of infiltrating and destroying several transhuman habitats

top KEK transhuman

Jovians operate on slow dumb organic matter. Thst neo-Swede with his cyberbrain will literally think thousands of times faster than the Jovian. Basically, thst neo-Swede can do as much science as an entire Jovian research station. Alone.

Glassfiber > nerves

Basic engineering, bitch.

>implying minervans are human

Minervans are exsurgent cultists.

>Yeah, good luck with that aptitude cap there mate and literally no permissible way for you to go above it.
Jovian military and research use whatever is necessary to protect humanity, including morphs.
If a sheep needs to become wolf to protect the flock, so be it

>Thst neo-Swede with his cyberbrain will literally think thousands of times faster than the Jovian.
Not much use if the Neo-Swede just thinks of thousands of ways to accomodate Uber-Gorilla morphs.

Ah, so we're back on "I don't actually give a fuck about what the Jovians are supposed to be like or stand for, they just represent hoorah debbadawg humanity and are thus better than everyone because I said so.".

There's really no need, gorillas have terrible penis size to body size ratio it's should be incredibly easy. Malnourished latin americans with no mods could pull it off.

Sure you do, Space Mexico. Now get back behind that Wall and shut the fuck up.

>transhumanism for the rich and powerful
>cancer for everyone else
At least the PC are honest about it.

>Imagine being Jovian soldier, a pinnacle of combat soldier, essence of the warrior spirit of humanity, being a survivor of the Fall, seeing cities destroyed in nuclear fire. Imagine leading your brothers across Mars, in the depths of space in the righthous fight to reclaim humanity's birthplace. Imagine being part of holy crusade destroying abominations calling themselves human, imagine seeing the blue marble of Earth as thousands of dropships descent to reclaim what is rightfully yours.

Sorry folks there is no greater glory in Eclipse Phase, than being Jovian and fighting for humanity's birthright, while mowing down inhuman freaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=L-4XsDQYDi4

He is a 40 year old jobless virginal basement dweller. Joveposting is all he has. Don't be too hard on him.

The joke is on you, since books say that, yes, Jovians use morphs in the military and even re-sleeving is allowed.

> posts a picture of a fully robotic combat machine

GG m8.

>There's really no need, gorillas have terrible penis size to body size ratio
Trust it to the transhumanist to know penis size to body ratios for animals.

Jovians are just as inhuman as the rest of transhumanity. The only difference is that their inhumanity is in their psychology.

>tacticool instead of tactical

Those are Mexicans alright.

I try to counter when new arguments are made, lest a casual observer think anything he says is too right.

The counter was retarded too, even if Jovians (and by those very books he touts as a source, they can't really) would fork out the Expensive for the Neural enhancer, COG cap is 25. If they just use all morphs than so can everyone else, it becomes a net 0 win. Even if you remove the self-handicap of bioconservatism/precautionism, that at best puts you on the level with anyone else and the rest is just wankery about imaginary superiority the Jovians have which again, ignores basic facts related about the setting. Like why all this bullshit the Commonwealth are pansies? They have longer civil service requirements than the Jovians and need to recertify their militia qualifications.

>The only difference is that their inhumanity is in their psychology.
>Said a simularca of a human mind which considers itself real and not just a copy to be erased.

Jovians are made out of remnants of human military, black ops, intelligence and research.

They already have millions of highly experienced veterans.
And yes it is pretty much confirmed in the books, they use morphs and even re-sleeving.

EPG version of Jovians is far too radical compared to the one in the books.