Let's do it, Veeky Forums.

Needs a filename.

>average HP Lovecraft campaign
>average cyberpunk game
>average Dark Souls campaign
>GoT book and show
>WH40k in general

> Everything went better than expected.jpg

Seriously you went from 'fuck this dreary world just slit your wrists already' to some weird blend of DOOM and Samurai Jack. That's fucking awesome!

>Start the campaign as an yokel apprentice to a local Paladin. All-around do-gooder, etc, etc.
>One of the other party members is a dick-ass thief, and purposefully causes me to lose my Paladin status just a few levels after getting it
>Eventually become Blackguard, because fuck it
>Killed the dick-ass thief in the middle of both of us betraying the party to the antagonist during the final confrontation
>Wipe the party and the antagonist, I am now the antagonist for the next campaign

Good game.

If you didn't ride into a synagogue in a tank, you ain't had no urban campaign.

His first kill, a knitting granny.

His last kill, Superman.

We still joke in my group about this one time when I rolled a maximum on smithing and successfully forged a fucking keycard.

I got a bigger mount

As I went from a weed-smoking wizard that loved rescuing mimics and throwing confetti at the undead, to a blind broken man toyed with by the gods and just fucking off to my own astral planes when sometimes I pop up and start a coup in a completely random kingdom.

Long story short, constant exposure to hopelessness while being forced to wield extremely powerful evil spells in dire situations has terrible effects on cute things.

>that pic
That's a disturbing amount of mosaic censorship.

My first campaign ever was fun as hell. What started out as a typical pirate adventure (me being the only actual pirate character, the rest prisoners who we forced into the crew) turned into something bigger, basically freeing a sea goddess after a number of what-should-have-been bad ends.

Over time my character came to love the prisoners he was stuck with as great friends, became a bit of a goofball, and even made a game with the party sorcerer to play baseball with his axe of the heads of their enemies.

So when one of his friends was given a wish by the sea goddess, he wished for them all to return to the place they'd been captured and for his captain to have disappeared from the world. He was utterly heartbroken, but there were promises of a second adventure. Too bad our group broke up shortly after this adventure.

This one escalated quickly.

I like the cut of your jib, user!

Also, check'd

Would like some context as to how your campaign managed to break a Kamina style character.

I was worried I had poured it on too thick. Didn't even notice the get.

Ravenloft Paladin. We won.

>start of D&D 5e campaign
>half-orc barbarian
>shunned by orcs
>wants to be acknowledged so he goes out starts adventuring
>party's bullshit is arguably worse than orcs
>he just wants to go out,kill big shit and help people
>party wants to fuck around
>finds out his mom's a human noble
>king is MIA
>barbarian wants to find him to restore order
>party encourages barbarian to make the orcs submit to him and conquer the humans
>eventually comes around to doing
>end of campaign he's united orcs and humans under his banner
>doesn't hold honor as highly as he started off
>developed a with me or against me mentality
>plans on subjugating the elves so the orcs can take their forests instead of living a wasteland

idk why but when I saw that it just made perfect sense

Too lazy to fuck with the template
Kreia->Zuko

had a bit of a canine problem at the start of that campaign

You probably should stick to forcing that gay shit in /pol/.

I didn't "force" anything, and what I posted is more related to /mu/ than /pol/, discluding the fact that he has written and published his own RPG, so I have no idea what you're on about.

You probably should stick to forcing that gay shit in /pol/.

I didn't "force" anything, and what I posted is more related to /mu/ than /pol/, discluding the fact that he has written and published his own RPG, so I have no idea what you're on about.

that's my fetish

Is there even a point to playing dumb like this when you get called out? Just hang your head in shame, man.

hi tumblr

Learn to crop

It's a pile of guts. It's weird that VNs sometimes mosiac gore even in sexually explicit visual novels for adults.

>Soldier with a hard life and a hero complex loses his love to his own brother when he was off fighting for his country
>Brought to Barovia, maybe he can finally be a hero
>Desperation at an all time high to have Strahd's head and to finally be a hero
>Makes a deal with a Dark Power and wields their vessel in the form of a weapon in order to defeat Strahd
>Finally defeat Strahd, but at the cost of his own soul to the Dark Power

Don't leave us hanging user.

You can't just put two badasses together and hope to get away with it.

STORYTEIM

It was a wild Rogue Trader game that went from somewhat lighthearted ADVENTURE to us getting a LOT of responsibility and making the captain a bit more serious about his job. A bit. Just slightly.

accurit

The heck are you trying to convey?

Oh look, it's another everybody posts, nobody reads thread.

>Tfw I've only been in two campaigns
>And neither of them lasted to the third session

I-is this that one person that had the tiefling paladin whose entire party got viciously murdered due to a load of bullshit?

Okay, what the fuck happened?

Still cute, tho.

This usually happens to me OOC. It goes from the excitement of starting a new campaign to the madness inducing bore that is a 5 minute discussion to discuss an action that takes ten seconds in game.

>be a washed up, down on his luck goblin actor whose theatre was closed down after persistent complaints of pocket picking during the plays
>live in a run down boarding house in the capital's shady district
>one day, a drifter arrives to the boarding house and rents a room next to yours
>he seems to be a sketchy character, but you're in no position to turn down drinking buddies
>while drinking with you, he lets it slip that he's in fact the bastard son of a well-known recently deceased arms mogul, has the documents to prove it and arrived in the city to claim his inheritance
>seeing that this is your chance, you slit his throat at night, take his documents, his clothes and go to the notary the next day for the reading of the mogul's final will
>a whole bunch of people are present at the reading and they all seem really sketchy, you can't shake off the feeling that none of them has any more rights to the inheritance than you do
>everybody's visibly disappointed when the notary announces that the business is split equally between the six of you, but you suppose you now have to work together
>you go to inspect the business and it's a bloody disaster, the current king's pacifism left it without its biggest client, the debts are astronomical, the workers are on a semi-permanent strike - no wonder the previous owner offed himself
>suddenly, you get a brilliant idea from one of the old plays you used to stage
>you propose to ignite a war with a fictional empire that would motivate the king to modernise the army while nobody gets hurt, and everybody supports your idea
>you gather up the old costume designers that you used to work with and order posh and exotic-looking costumes for the entire gang, while your thief steals expensive cloth and a bunch of jewellery from the ateliers and jewellery stores all over the capital

>dressed in these posh costumes, you arrive to the capital on a ship with fake flags that belongs to the pirate captain amongst you, declare yourself the ambassador of the great overseas empire of Al-Khumbugh (which is a legendary eastern country in your local fairytales) and demand an audience with the king, which you are granted
>the king is so happy to receive guests from so far abroad that he throws a magnificent feast
>during the feast, you take your time to insult and spit out every dish that you're offered, question the decorations of the royal palace, break the queen's toes when dancing with her, throw up all over the princesses ball gown after drinking a vomiting potion designed by the party's alchemist, accidentally (but not really) cut off the king's beard while showing off your fencing chops and constantly tell everyone how savage and uncultured they are
>unfortunately, you miscalculate your obnoxiousness and the prince challenges you to a duel to the death, luckily, you're saved when the alchemist accidentally sets the palace on fire while showing tricks to the bored nobles
>you escape from the palace in clouds of iridescent smoke, swiftly board the ship, sail to the nearest beach, wash off the make up and calmly go back to your base
>the next morning you learn from the news that the king decided to send an expedition to Al-Khumbugh to clear the misunderstanding that took place between him and the ambassador
>what a pussy
>the captain agrees to go tell the king that he knows the way there from the one time his ship got wrecked on its shores
>your company offers the king to equip the expedition with shiny new weapons and armour, just in case, to which he agrees, thus giving you your first legal profit in ages
>while the expedition is getting ready to sail off, you contact the best stage designers and technicians that you know and commission them to build a sound stage that looks like a lavish exotic palace in the woods near the capital

>finally, the departure day arrives, the ambassador and his retinue board the ship that is supposed to sail for Al-Khumbugh, but in fact the alchemist spikes their food with a potion that makes their perception of time much slower, and instead of a couple of hours that it takes to sail to a remote beach, they experience a couple of months.
>while asleep, they're taken to the palace set
>dressed as the emperor, you immediately order to decimate the expedition for their outrageous fashion sense - of course, the members of the expedition that are "killed" are in fact hired actors that the captain secretly took aboard
>the ambassador is shocked, but he still has hopes for peace, which are crushed when you order to tar and feather him for talking to you first and declare a war on his kingdom
>angry and humiliated, the ambassador is taken back under the influence of the same drugs and writes a very long, furious report for the king
>you expect him to start arming his troops in preparation for the war, but instead he surprises you with his decision to strike first and send the entire royal army to Al-Khumbugh
>oh shit, you were not ready for this
>on the plus side, the captain is promoted to royal admiral for his services and also for being the only person who knows the way to Al-Khumbugh
>it looks like it's time to pack up and flee, but the thief comes up with a plan: he proposes for the admiral to use his office to steal the documents confirming that the entire royal army is going to be sent to a long overseas campaign, leaving the kingdom completely defenceless, and sell these documents to the king of a nearby small and poor, but aggressive principality, provoking an invasion, which will force our king to turn his fleet back at the last second to repel the invaders
>some of you think it's too much to start an actual war, but the thief manages to convince them otherwise, explaining how much profit we could rake in by selling arms to both sides of the conflict

>on the eve of the expedition, the admiral steals the secret documents, and we deliver them to the king of Kubultia, who predictably orders a swift invasion
>the admiral blindly leads the expedition into the open sea, praying for the best, but in two days he's recalled via a postage pigeon to defend the kingdom against the perfidious Kubultians
>the first wave of the invasion is repelled, but our pussy of a king calls for peace talks instead of pursuing the enemy
>we can't let that happen!
>our company organises a lavish banquet for the richest and most influential people in the capital, and the alchemist spikes the food with truth serum, making them casually tell their most embarrassing secrets
>we then use these secrets to blackmail them and effectively control the capital's elite
>the next morning, all the newspapers come out with jingoistic, pro-war headlines, flooding the country with fake news about Kubultian atrocities
>the people demand war and begin protesting against the peace talks, the king uses the royal guard to suppress the protests
>the trade union leader, who's also on our payroll, uses the growing discontentment to organise a revolutionary movement against the traitor monarch, the fleet under the admiral's command supports them by broadsiding the royal palace, and the revolutionaries are steadily supplied by our company's factories in exchange for the loot from the ransacked palaces of the nobility
>after several days of fighting, the king is deposed, the new king is a puppet of our company, and all that is left is to install another puppet in Kubultia, so that we could sustain the war forever
>just when it seems that we achieved everything we set out to achieve, a lavish ship arrives to the capital, and it's the bloody AMBASSADOR OF AL-KHUMBUGH, which apparently exists, after all!

>still remembering my brilliant performance as the Khumbughi ambassador, the soldiers attack his ship as soon as he announces his identity, forcing him to retreat in a lifeboat, threatening to return with his empire's entire army
>OH SHIT OH SHIT WHAT DO WE DO
>we change our plans and instead of organising a revolution in Kubultia, we simply conquer it and unite our kingdoms
>afterwards, we send messengers to all the other principalities in the region, asking them to form a union or be destroyed by the Khumbughi army
>some of them agree, others have to be invaded and partitioned for their stupidity
>finally, with our forces united, we're ready to meet the invaders and fight them for our freedom (and our profits)
>soon thereafter, the Khumbughi fleet arrives, and it's enormous, supported by dragons and genii
>the first battle is truly apocalyptic in proportions, but you can't shake off the feeling that the enemy is holding back
>after it ends in a draw, your company's HQ is infiltrated by a ninja looking dude, clearly a Khumbughi spy
>strangely, he's not violent and he invites you to a secret meeting with several enemy leaders
>after a bit of a discussion, you decide to go to the meeting
>the leaders in question are a bunch of fabulously rich Khumbughi merchants, the shareholders of the United Khumbughi Arms Corporation
>they explain to you that they orchestrated the rise of the Khumbughi empire to perpetuate a conflict and sell their arms, and now that there are no real opponents left in their continent, they need another powerful enemy
>seeing kindred souls, you agree to do everything in your power to fuel the war between your two countries forever, while not allowing any of them to gain the upper hand
>we shake hands, the other hands are behind our backs with their fingers crossed
>happy end!

Manly men being manly even after they've been polymorphed into a cat?

This was a fun campaign

>traitor
>is proud of it
>there is a next campaign
I'll take "things that never happened" for fivehundred, Alex

You made me lose my shit in my living room. What even

Now that was fucking amazing.

Fucking amazing! You guys were lucky to have such a DM.

Kingmaker is one hell of a drug.

Note to DMs: If you want to let a player character be royalty, you should really consider the long-term implications of such a position.

My mates and i PVP and betray each other constantly, there was a game that things went to shit right at the first fucking session, the DM almost ragequited but we had a great time and no one was really angry.

Incredibly powerful glass cannon character

What a wonderful read, user.

You're shit at conveying.

Someone should screencap this and repost it whenever someone says that evil campaigns can't be fun

For war and profit!

I like you guys. Thank you for sharing the story~

That was a fantastic story. Thanks for sharing.

did you ever black crusade?

That post has fuck-all to do with this thread.

I think it's her.

Yeah. It was a weird one.

Note to self, if DM says he wants to run a campaign where every player is a super soldier and your character doesn't remember the project they came from, the campaign will be great but horrible things will happen

Like this.

>Helped to curtail the Cult of the Dragon throughout the Sword Coast
>Failed to save a village, died in the process, but got to meet her mom for the first time in the afterlife, and was brought back to life.
>In the final battle, sacrificed herself by dragging herself and an ancient white dragon into the Astral Plane via bags of holding
>Somehow defeated the dragon, but is now stuck in the Astral
>Has no idea if Tiamat was stopped.

mind giving me that "Is this you" image champ ?

wintessed

Define 'after', because none of the characters I've played have ever made it very far in campaigns before the campaign itself falls apart.

I want to know more

So normal progression of character abilities and skills?

Attitude, demeanor, and overall worldview changed as well. Also lovely art that does a bit better job at conveying that than you give it credit for.

Are those... World Eater kneepads?

Abaddon is that you?

>Make character for local FLGS
>drow rogue.
>common Edgy As Fuck character, shitty backstory, ends up trapped in a spiderweb surrounded by enemies, super out of lolths favor
>I get set free by party who's stumbling around underdark
>decide to immediately go on a personal quest of murder, illusions, and Fire for what the DM has "collaborated" with me to make my backstory
>party is pretty ok with this
>even the paladin
>Nobody but the DM has read drizzt
>Nobody WANTS to read drizzt, except the DM who loves it
>I can dual wield weapons and murder other drow and nobody will say anything
>Everythingisgoingbetterthanexpected.jpeg
Session one:
I need to stress that this is session ONE
>My character ends up decapitated by an ally
>who has a janky vorpal sword+0, rolling a 1, rolling what happens, it hits ally, then who to roll to hit, hits me, then rolling to hit, nat 20, confirm, nat 20 again.
>I fucking die.
>This is my first combat of the campaign, I am level 3, joined the campaign less than 30 minutes ago.
>They don't retcon that shit immediately,
>other party member uses HIS janky magical item, a rod of Resurrection
>that manages to not only glitch and resurrect me wrong so that I'm now permanently scarred around the neck (and could remove it, if I used magic to try) but it breaks the rod.
At this point, I realize that not only is everyone at the table a newbie or such an oldfag (The guy who had the vorpal sword ran tomb of horrors when it came out, for example) that they can't run normal campaigns anymore.
>I decide go full chaotic evil rogue, as memey as fucking possible, because it's entertaining to both me and the newbies, and the old players/DM don't care. Bloodborne characters would weep at the amount of edge I was doing.
>I bartered, stole, pleaded, and killed, and got the ability to not only fly with boots and teleport nearly at-will (not very much) at around level 6.
>I was at that point, the weakest member of the party
Continue?

Heretek really shouldn't get overly attached to his pet project.

If your Heretek got overly attached to his pet project you really really REALLY shouldn't try to take it away.

yes please

Alrighty, so:
>Something of a glass cannon at this point
>Shit is starting to get retarded, demons coming out of the woodwork,
>ordinary enemies can do my max HP in damage in single attacks, of which they have multiple
>Drow, Demons, and Monsters, Oh My
>DM is outright cheating to make enemies harder against this party
>but is also handing out levels and magical items like the world is ending
>campaign is Designed to end around 13-14
It's a premade adventure path, and he gave someone a vorpal sword a Starting Item
>Demon Prince gets summoned, entire party panicks, flee heavily while making lots and lots of reflex saves, that I nail, come out unscratched
>I take time out of fleeing/taking time to recover to murder the entire population of fishfolk left alive, because I'm a Drow Rogue at full health with all abilities.
>Manage to get to a ship, sail across a black lake, deal with shit like: Demonic manta rays that are blind but can also be fooled with sound illusion magic
>Spores that cause a LOT of really bad effects, holding breath starts to become mandatory
>Talking gelatinous cubes
>Exploding canonballs
>Locking other party members (Gnome who was approaching kender tier) into a chest on a sinking ship until they apologize for an extremely minor slight I can't even remember.
>JustDrowThings
>Get to land again
>enter Deep Gnome territory
>Oh hey, I'm a drow, they fucking hate me, I'll just disguise myself (extremly hesitantly, I'm still a xenophobe with standards) as a normal elf with illusion magic/some makeup
>They have THIEVES FUCKING DOWNFALL at a random guard post, I could have had polymorph on and I still would have been caught.
>I get handcuffed and that's chained, which is more of a gesture of good faith on my part that they stayed on till we were out of sight.
>There's still traps everywhere, deep gnomes are assholes, make a note to murder them brutally later.
>Dozens of disable traps later, we hear a Roar
2/???