/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Extended Racial choices:

What are some unusual races you've allowed, or have been allowed to play?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
youtube.com/watch?v=pUJ9w7jQkZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old thread:

Why are /pfg/ generals so degenerate?

Nightwalker

Because degeneracy is fun

i just see a Draenei. don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, with her assless armor.

yeah its a Draenei

Joystealers. The player thought it was gonna be awesome and powerful until he realized that he couldn't touch anything in the material realm or even carry money.

The incorporeal form caused him far more downsides than upsides. The most hilarious part? He decided to be a wizard. He decided to carve his spells on his ski- uh oh! You can't use a scalpel, and your fey body is resistant to non-iron anyway!

I threw him a bone and let him use autohypnosis to memorize pages of spellbooks, something I normally prohibit

I think one of her thighs is bigger than her torso.

I gave a bunch of points for the race builder options in a lewd game, let players build for their preferences, but it also got a bit more optimized than I expected.

Cashmere is cute! CUTE!

I once played a tiny faerie wizard. It was actually pretty balanced. Anything physical was a no-go so I relied entirely on flight and spells to be useful to the party, after which I was a glorified familiar. No lewds - played it straight.

>ana is japanese for hole
>Glori-ana translates to Glori-hole

>the thread is all PLD posting

I thought we were free of this.

The main reason very small races are banned is actually precisely because it would be too strong for spellcasters.

I guess I could see that. The people I played with (including myself) had absolutely no clue or real care about optimization. All our stats and character building decisions were sort of bad. But it was still great fun.

Let's say you're a sorcerer with Greater invisibility and Fly. If you have both spells on yourself and then lift off do you get a +20 or +40 to your stealth checks? A +40 is for standing still but if you're flying you're not touching or making the sounds a grounded invisible person would make.

We never will be.

Blingmaker sounds fun! I want to build a really brave knight with a dark secret: he's actually a cute girl!

Who knows

>make a reverse trap
>intentionally make her ugly
Half-orcs best.

I played a gambler kineticist mermaid for a oneshot.
Was very comfy.
She was a great blaster and the smuggest fish until the party had to climb 5ft ledges.

Skate as an at-will power even made land speed tolerable

Invisibility is not absolute. Someone who is moving would leave a very subtle shimmer that a keen eye could see, along with distortions in dust and so on.

Yeah your player did not think any of that shit through.

I just want to be clean

Imagine invisibility as Predator camouflage.

A teeny tiny race would probably have a very hard time with spell components of any kind

Once you go green, your soul's never clean

Why are we born? Is it just to suffer?

You realize Eschew Materials exists right?

I would trait 1 feat for being Fine sized any fucking day.

Like a cute fairy?!

wow it's a whole feat cost or class feature to ignore that

>Make a reverse trap
>She prefers being shirtless except for a shoulder guard for resting her blade on
>Nobody thinks she's a little girl because a little girl wouldn't go bare-chested... right?
>Keep this up the entire game
>Reveal the truth at the end
>Suddenly everyone freaks the fuck out and starts spraying tears and snorters everywhere
Gahahaha!!

Pssh, eschew is a trap feat and you know it. All it does is save you a tiny bit of gold and in the extremely unlikely situation that you lose ALL of your stuff. Even then if you're in the wilderness you can scrounge up some bat shit, grasshoppers, or what have you for your spells.

Now let us sing the anti-wizard song Pockets Full of Bat Shit!

Horrible things happen, Sir user. Folks suffer and die every day. The Good people, the Righteous people, those are the ones that keep on walking. The Gods give us the tools, but we're the ones that have to carry them and use them. Even if it means losing everything you care about, everything you are, you gotta keep trying. If we don't do it, it won't get done, and if it doesn't get done, it's all over.

Nigga I was replying to someone who saying you wouldn't be able to handle materials as extremely tiny size.

Which is fucking false, but I was saying even then it's only a feat to negate that restriction.

>be me
>have political disagreements with a member of an old party right before having to go away from the game for a few months.
>It's family business and it isn't pretty
>Apologize profusely and try to make it up to the party member after I am able to make the game, but they refuse to interact with me.
>Doesn't matter anyway, I've missed too much of the story.
>Still on good terms with the GM and another player so I can at least hang out with them
>Watch them play their session online and hang out with the player I'm buddies with and the GM
>Still wish they have fun and have gotten to the point where the political disagreement is just a fuzzy memory in the back of my mind
>Just want a fun game to play in where I can be a barbarian and smash things
>Probably will recycle the barbarian I used to play in that game for another one sometime soon.

Riddle me this, /pfg/, is life purely for suffering?

[The Goal of All Life is Death]

can't you roll a new character and rejoin?

Nigga I am that someone.

user, you sound really cute. Apply to Blingmaker and hopefully we can play together!

just call them a faggot and jump on the table with your dick out

Hey guys whats up, I had a few questions about wraiths. I am pretty sure what I am doing is legal but I need to make sure. I've been DMing for a group and one of them decided to be retarded and climb into a coffin containing a wraith while over 30 orcs were pursuing him. As a result he died as did most of the orcs since none of them had magic. As a result each of the six wraiths have five spawn under their control (really it should have been more like fifteen apiece since only two of the wraiths were disturbed, but whatever).

So now the PCs are going back and fighting them, and the wraiths are hard-pressed. My questions are:

> (1) can they run away through the floor and hide within the ground? If not they can still get away but I am curious how exactly I should have them flee

> (2) does the negative energy damage heal them? So a group of wraiths could touch and thus heal each other? If this is true, the wraiths could hit and run the party, draining their Con then fleeing to heal up?

I may sound like a dick DM but this group has had basically a cakewalk so far so I want to give them a real challenge. But I also want to play by RAW/RAI at least.

Are you one of the three sisters?

Pathfinder has been eating my life for the last two weeks.

Don't have time to dedicate to reviewing at the moment.

Don't worry user, one day you'll get to smash things and be big and strong. Maybe if you get to reuse the character, you can even convince the sucker who took crafting feats to make you those masks.

I imagine the other player refuses to work it out and won't let them back in

Y-you could also apply to WWW

If you're up for something a little different

That's Shardwalkers user.

Nope. Sorry to disappoint. I'm just an user, looking for cute Anons to play with. I haven't even finished my app!

if the other player is that much of a shit they're better off not being around them

>can they run away through the floor and hide within the ground?
Yes, and they can attack from within solid material. If they do this, they can only be countered by a ready action to attack
>does the negative energy damage heal them
Yes, wraiths are very intelligent and are capable of using such tactics.

I tried to but the GM said no. Besides, I don't think it would've been fun to just suddenly jump into the story with an entirely new character. I wouldn't understand it, it'd be a farce to try and shoehorn them in, and I don't think it would be enjoyable for any parties involved.

I was considering a Slayer VMC Magus for IF I could rejoin with a new character, a "nobleman" from Ustalav. Except his house burned down and he lost his title. Maybe I'll reuse him for Blingmaker

The original character was a smashy shoanti barbarian lady

You got a link to Blingmaker?

Maybe. Masks are cool. Shoanti maid girls when?

You're correct. I was mistaken. There's only one solution now.

A pure, cute user
Searching for a companion
Just finds suffering.

Also, thirty-six wraiths will TPK any party not completely immune to their touch attack in a single turn.

Has your party member ever made your character smile?

Actually, incorporeal things can only sink into an object for 5 feet. They cant be more than 5 feet from open space, and that gives them concealment.

>36 wraiths
>hard-pressed
Shit nigga wtf are you doing, that's TPK material right there.

I want to give that fairy a hug!

>Making shit up
It can't go any deeper than its size, and the concealment is granted to anything it tries to attack without sticking its head out.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker

Join us! It'll be fun.

Who do I talk to if I want to contribute to the trove?

Yeah, for that many wraiths you would need constructs, undead, or a whole bunch of clerics to nuke them with channel. I hope his party is on good terms with a vampire or two.

In fact, TWO party members have managed to make mine smile!

I paid it back by making one blush.

I want to apply to a game as a cute fairy that gets hugged! Which game is most fitting?

Yes. This happened in an IRL game at college some years back. >tfw 2009 was almost ten years ago! The party's Female Elf Ranger made a flower crown for my Dwarf Cleric of Khorne. The only time my Dwarf smiled when he wasn't covered in blood.

Haven't been in any /pfg/ games to have a character to have made smile. brb Gensokyo ;_;

Damn I wanna smash that fat ass with that warhammer.

Well a lot of them are lesser wraiths, not to mention they are being fought one at a time (so only six wraiths: one real wraith + 5 wraith spawn from the orcs killed. I just had them divide up the spawn evenly even though only two wraiths were disturbed, the rest are in slumber.

However if they are dumb enough to open anymore coffins, then they are completely fucked.

But yeah the entire party was yelling at this guy OOC for basically dooming them to die because they needed a macguffin from inside the temple and now it is full of 5x as many wraiths.

Yes.

When the group's Magus proposed to my Investigator.
Sadly she had to turn him down.

That heartless slattern!

They better hope they don't accidentally kill the head wraith of each pack first or they'll just get themselves fucking murdered as each wraith spawn turns into a full wraith.

Thanks user

I guess I'll do a Harbinger then. Fluff it as him being a friendly, if brooding, young gentleman, and wanting to start again in a new environment. I had him statted out a while back as a Slayer VMC Magus but I lost the character sheet. If I wanted to have him accompanied by his favorite childhood steed that was lost in the fire that burned down his home, would Omen Rider be a good choice? For the campaign and in terms of "is it a good archetype" ?

Incidentally, this background music seems appropriate for a Harbinger, even if it might /not/ be his theme song. youtube.com/watch?v=pUJ9w7jQkZE

True. I have been /nothing/ if not apologetic and respectful after the incident, and have made multiple requests to speak with them, but still I have gotten nothing but silence. I've gotten over it anyhow- they're having fun at least.

It's most unfortunate, but them's the breaks when 2/5rds of the group is against you isn't it. Which really sucks since we have NO FULL BAB MARTIAL NOW, FUCK.

>Shoanti maid girls when?
This depends on how much I'm allowed to get away with, famalam.

Was DHB making a priestess of Kali-whatever or a hyper jew for Blingmaker?
I don't want to steal their idea.

A Priest, I believe.

And what do you mean, "steal their idea?" This is the application process, you're *supposed* to steal ideas and generally be better than the competition!

>tfw you can't be bothered to make an equipment list so you just pick the creation talent

Or just drop in one day with an unabashedly slutty app and dare the DM not to pick it.

How much would the climb DC be increased by for a surface affected by the Grease spell?

I feel like I'll have a better chance if I have something entirely unique that sets me apart from the other apps. I won't be the fourth cavalier. I'll be the first *something*.

Is there a Golarion version of "Judas" I can call someone in character?

>2/5rds
It's 2/5ths, user

It always sucks when you have no full BaB guy. Sometimes you just need to smash shit

Asmodeus slew his brother in cold blood!

Dare ya /pfg/.

The Grand Campaign between Taldor and Qadira was long and brutal, I wouldn't doubt there was one legendary traitor who cost Taldor an army.

Make a money-obsessed fairy familiar for a party member in Blingmaker! You're not technically a character, just the cute sidekick that smashes her cheek against another character's cheek and snuggles!

You want to go to bed on a giant goose feather pillow, don't you?

Nuns are cute! CUTE!

Autism. Autistics are either asexual eunuchs or terrifying rape demons, nothing in the middle.

What's 2hu?

>typed 2/3rds by accident
>went to fix it
>only fixed the number

heckin heck, this is what I get for shitposting mid fight.
I swear to fuck I'm going to make the smashiest motherfucker possible next time I roll up, even if it has to be "different flavor of alchemist" because NOBODY PLAYS THINGS WITH THE ABILITY TO HEAL.

That sounds delightful.
What's a good class for a cute, supportive fairy familiar?

To anyone in Dragons2, hope that game goes well tonight!

What would be some good team names for Kobold Court Ball?

The party mascot familiar archetype.

>What's a good class for a cute, supportive fairy familiar?

Hmm, you've got a lot of choices there! Oracle is good, as is Cleric! But of what? You could always go for something cute like Shelyn, or very very lewd with the Green Mother, but methinks an Avowed (Fae) would fit just perfectly!

Yes, Avowed (Fae), she's working off her obligation to a powerful nymph that's using her to find a good husband, but your fairy wants him all to herself!

Play a slayer. They're fun. They're like the King Crimson of Pathfinder.

IT JUST WORKS

Hopefully! SEagle had to delay it some for work and one of the players realized he made a lot of mistakes on his character sheet and is in a bind to actually fix it up and make sure all of his stuff is in working order!

Team names? How's about... The Hounds?

This presents an interesting question.

Would *you* allow an extra player if all they want to do is play a familiar or cohort?

Climb has a modifier fro the surface being slippery.

Scalesmashers
White Lightning
Sorcerers
Tunnelers
Dungeon Trash
Burrowbusters

Only if they submitted a writing sample describing a really cute scene.

We should also think of some town districts for them to be from.

>High Court
>The Falls
>Lakeside

Nothing much. What's 2hu with you?