Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1415: Seymour Asses Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdoM4rxPyYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So for anime jumps where characters are foreign do you imagine they have their dub voices?

What are your thoughts on sentient equipment?

Good idea? Bad idea? Does taking certain steps change whether it's a good or bad idea?

I'm just trying to do a Jump man. The Jump itself is... thick in it's terminology and I've only been able to get some lore stuff because directed me to a decent lore respiratory which uses plainspeak. The whole Mr. Eaten thing is interesting but playing the browser game for dozens of hours, just in the grinding parts from what I've been led to believe from my searches, doesn't sound like a good time. However the lore is interesting and neat so I want to know more.

I'll shut up about this now, since I'm apparently ticking folks off.

Asking again since the thread died.

Anti-Supernatural defenses?

A big rock.

I actually have no clue, I barely remember the series. Still looking forward to it.

Actually playing out seeking Mr. Eaten's name is a huge trap.
Well as much of a trap as pushing the red button that says do not press could possibly be.
It nukes your whole character and even if you bail out you're still crippled permanantly. A huge waste of time and effort. Possibly even real life money if you're the sort to pay to win.

You really don't want to play for dozens of hours just to throw it in the bin.
However playing the actual game is quite fun if you like text based games and deep lore. So you should do it anyways for the rest of it.

Is it intentional that there's no companion import option for the Drop-In origin in Bleach?

Wasn't there a plotline with furry genes or something but they were addictive? How about something like that but not addictive?

You're thinking Batman Beyond, the splicing gig.

Apparently the guy is doing a complete redo on bleach. So may as well forget jumping for now.

Good idea, but they really need to be handled with care. They've got thoughts and feelings too.

No that's already happened. He's just going to touch up the new one and shuffle some stuff around.

The thumbs up. You gain the ability to know when and where in your relative vicinity it would make the most impact for you to simply step in, give a thumbs up then fade into the shadows.

Scarecrow's fear gas, superhero/villain uniform, a seedy bar where lots of high powered people can hang out (like in that one episode where all the villains are hanging out and talking about their various run-ins with batman), and a snazzy jumpermobile that's highly customizable by the jumpers with tech knowlege.

*Maybe not high powered, maybe 'exceptional, quirky people' was the phrase I was trying to use

A box of refilling spare parts of making traps, bombs, and/or elaborate puzzles with.
A copy of that Minotaur's Maze game and possibly a robotic Minotaur to go with it.
An absolutely massive hammer.
A gun that looks like a gag gun, even fires the little signs, but can also fire real bullets.
A selection of umbrellas that each have a deadly contraption hidden inside.
A container of RenuYou that allows you to temporarily change your facial appearance.
A car with ONE ejector seat. Only one.

Also, seconding the seedy bar where exceptional, but quirky, people tend to gather that Nika suggested . That idea is awesome.

Maybe a big computer like what the Bat uses for his research, possibly as part of a one-man crime research facility?

* Luxurious old-fashioned mansion on large property, butler optional.
* Secret underground lair with at least one concealed entrance and various trimmings (garages, dojo, trophy room, secure vault, mainframe, etc).
* Buying both mansion and lair allows you to have the two connected via secret passages.
* Dressed Up Like A Jumper: you can automagically apply your costume's motif/theme to anything else you possess, but you can only have one theme at a time (per purchase, just in case you have a second cape identity on weekends or something).

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

A set of matching graves and a perk that lets me start future jumps with my parents dead.

Glad to help.

Oh, just thought of another one: A DVD collection of the Grey Ghost, Batman's favorite show.

>Why are you like this, Jumper?
>Because MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAAD!

youtube.com/watch?v=bdoM4rxPyYY

Those that went to Card Captor Sakura, did you take over Sakura's position as the successor? Or did you split them in half, giving her 26 of the 52 cards?

>BECAUSE MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAAD!
>MY PARENTS ARE ALWAYS DEEEEEAAAAAD!

Oops forgot my name

I don't know about that, but thank you for the suggestion anyways. There will be a dead parents/tragic backstory drawback though.

Sounds like a good 50 CP item for Bat-Family/Vigilantes. Something like gif related (the pudding) for Drop Ins could go along with that.

117. Shokugeki no Soma
Origin: Drop-In
Perks: Visualization, Regional Specialty [Italian], Impactful Taste, The Young Asura, Gastronomy, Godly Fragrance
Items: Headband
Drawbacks: Battle For Your Home

Honestly, getting kicked out isn't a lose condition, but I want to stay anyway. This is a nice break after 60 years of actual war. I get to spend my days making the comfiest food known to man. The only question I have to ask myself when making this is: What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef? This assures me both that my food will be beyond compare and the hatred of whatever god this universe has. A lot of ingredients are "custom", "home-grown", "literal trash", or "LSD", but that's just me expressing myself through cooking, like I was told to. I don't have many cooking perks, but I have enough learning perks to work this to my advantage and the ability to forgo sleep and just spend all the damn time cooking really helps. I can even get my companions to taste test Stem Cell Colony Ravioli and feel the comfort just wash through them.

I've been told it was like "Floating in a sensory deprivation chamber that sucks out all your ills through your dick".

I imagine it would be optional activation at the start of the jump and full of caveats like no plot important parents will die, and it's mostly for jumpers that immediately leave their family at the start of a jump anyway.

I... I need this. For Science.

I was a bit busy collecting all my own powers, though we did get into competition a few times when a Clow Card got in my way, or she mistakenly went after a Jane Card.

Dr.Quinzel is a miracle to the universe.

Don't forget the Not-Harley follower user

>What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef?
This should be concerning on multiple levels.

That...like, what, vat of pudding?
sure we can't have the creamy inside?

>What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef?
I fear the results

Considering I'm planning to that the Drawback that turns all my powers into cards, I'll probably team up with her instead of trying to compete over them. Hell, I don't mind sharing some of them for ten years if she gives me a hand gathering the things.

I want to study the whole Powers into Cards thing anyways. I have some wild ideas when it comes to those and Kamen Rider Ryuki's Advent Card Device. Might be an interesting way to toss around powers between myself and my Companions.

I just let her do the thing with the clow cards and provided support on the off chance it was needed. It's not like she does a bad job.

I haven't forgotten, don't worry...

Deranged Fan- Somehow, you've attracted the attention of one of the crazies in Gotham- not surprising, considering how many there are- only instead of wanting to bash your face in they are deeply, madly in love with you. Fortunately, unlike most patients at Gotham, they're actually pretty attractive, and aside from their obsession over you they're relatively well adjusted. They've also constructed their own costume, which either emulates your own or shares a general theme that you have. (If for some reason you don't wear a costume they'll just wear whatever they think you'll like.) While they don't have any significant powers or training to speak of, they make up for it in moxie and their undying loyalty- and love- for you. They also have your choice of two 100 CP perks/skills. (100 CP, discount Drop In)

Looking nice user and thanks man

neato.

No there was an episode were catwoman was turned into a catgirl.

That sounds amazing!

Major spoilers and speculation for Fallen London and Sunless Sea below. Please do not spoil yourselves unless your are like the former of my quoted fellows and not planning on doing the content.

Funnily enough going beyond the Avid Horizon into the Place That is No-Place actually isn't a one-way journey. In Sunless Sea you can do that, for different reasons, and you can end up back outside the High Gate or before Frostfound. In addition, the Merchent Venturer is hinted at being a Seeker who is going through with the last rite of Finding the Name and the implications by his quote once you get to the High Gate makes it pretty obvious that he and the Captian (Who may or may not be a Seven Letter Named Being/Mr. Eaten/Salt who is constantly undergoing the journey through the Zea) will be coming back in different forms.

Speacifacllly the following quote:
You are through! All around you, the blistering, wonderful night of the High Wilderness. The stars watch you balefully. The winds of nowhere tear at your hair, strip away your skin. The Venturer is laughing. Your cargo unfolds like a map. "First," the Venturer says, "the Forge of Souls. Let's see who they'll make for us." Hints at some seriously odd implications in relivance to Seekers of Mr. Eaten's Name. The ones who basically walk there in the Fallen London ending weren't prepared enough is the basic idea I'm getting from The Venturer's Passage. You may not come back from it in the form you went in with but with proper preparedness you can come back. As in the fact that the Venturer was so prepared he was going to figure out who he was going to be made into by finding the place they (the Judgements I think) forged souls. This shows in the fact that you can leave a Legacy Item to your next character in the form of The Horizon Codex.

Just to be clear, when he says that Catwoman became a "Catgirl", he means a furry, not a human with cat ears and a cat tail.

That's disappointing.

Would Personas, from Persona, count as summons? The way Personas are summoned is kind of weird so I'm confused on whether Summoning enhancement perks would work on them.

I'm also bummed that we can't choose pic related as our Persona or Thantos. Both of those guys are some of the most cool looking personas in the games.

I always thought Personas were treated lke fancier Stands, more than anything.

But I suppose it's up to you more than anything, user.

Failbetter is actually making a sequel game to Sunless Sea set in the High Wilderness. Sunless Skies, appropriately enough. It's set an indeterminate number of years after Sunless Seas, and now you're exploring the grander universe of the setting in a magical flying locomotive. It looks really cool, but also really worrying in terms of plot. It's somewhat implied by what they've posted so far that the Dawn Machine has won. The star-empire of Albion is said to have a great clockwork sun illuminating it, and something is killing off the Judgements.

Personas are just your soul given form. Not a new thing summoned. They're more like Stands.

They are basically Stands.

Hey Val. Does You’re Some Kind of Scum only work on society as a whole, or on individuals, as well? Like, one of the examples given is that nobody would disapprove of you getting together with your sister. Is said sister included in that? What about your parents? What if she was really young?

The sort of Persona that you get from the Velvet Room I'd say are summons. Those are just a sort of generic avatar of the Collective Unconscious's record of the legend, that you're temporarily hosting in your head. The personal Personas, though, those are part of the user manifested as a unique being, that's why they have those weird and symbolic designs instead of the more straightforward depiction that Velvet Room summons look like.

I kinda actually played match maker with her and Syaoran, and also, every so often threw them a problem to solve together. Such as a dragon that would grow immune to either of their style of magic if one of them focused on it too much.

The dragon worked like a switch, Sakura takes the lead, switch on to immunity to the Clow Cards, and the same with Syaoran. The only way to win would to get the switch "stuck" and neither immunity is gained by attacking in tandem and blending their magic together.

Otherwise? I was Syaoran's classmate when I was off the clock as the Mysterious Mystical Mage M! I also went full Chuuni, sue me.

Interesting implications all around. The New Sequence was an odd thing but I could see it happening.

That's just rude user, We already know she's an Australian you don't have to say even meaner things about her

Except with the Jump the way it is, there's no way for a Jumper to have swap Personas like a Wild Card. So we're stuck with personal Personas.

>not just making your own design for your persona
Theming around an arcana is not that difficult and you can out cool any other design if you put your mind to it.

Incorrect. Non-Wild Cards can access the Velvet Room, too, they just have to attract Igor's attention somehow. Wild Cards are just something that he automatically extends an invitation to. The first three games didn't have Wild Cards, that's something that first shows up in Persona 3. Stack those charisma perks, use magic that lets you contact spirits, and you can probably get in.

Wild Cards just have multiple "masks." They're still parts of the character's psyche.

Jumpers, how do you express your love?

They're the same thing, works on both. Said sister won't find the concept repulsive like normal because of the perk but she's also unlikely to actually have those feelings because your siblings. Parents are the same as anyone else, affected. How young? Remember this is for relatively minor or small scale stuff. Going out with your sister when you're both around the same age, with a year or two's difference, is fine. Going out with a sister who is 10 years old whilst you are 20 is going to end with you in jail and everyone finding you a disgusting human being.

This made me laugh quite a bit on realising what you meant.

Hugs, kisses, hand holding. The usual stuff, really.

Actions. Taking care of people. Making sure that they're okay.

Temporary parts. They can draw them forth from the Collective Unconsciousness and make them part of themselves, or discard them back into the aether. They're not unique aspects of their being, they're just the Wild Card taking advantage of their fluid psyches to take on part of someone else to wear for a while.

>just your soul given form
Isn't it more your personality?

Same thing, in Persona's metaphysics. The soul is what gives you personality, and how your personality evolves shapes your soul.

It's your psyche, more like. Not just your personality, but you; as in, everything that makes you, you. It really is pretty close to being your soul, actually.

That's an interesting thought. I wonder how the whole Persona affair would interact with Binding Magic from Dungeons and Dragons. It's essentially making contact with spirits between life and death and borrowing a portion of their power.

... That... that could have very interesting possibilities.

Thoughtful gifts based on what I know the person likes on special occasions. Otherwise I prefer to simply make time in my busy day to sit down and be with the person. Home cooked meals are always appreciated as well. Sharing a shower and washing another person is also a very intimate way to show affection.

Flowery language. I can get...VERY gooey, mushy, and poetic behind closed doors. Those nice words are reserved for them, though, and uh...well, because those sappy words come from a sensitive place in me, I don't want to say them publicaly becuase I KNOW people will laugh at them.

Also I take care of my lovers, obviously! And I HATE it when people disrespect them or harm them or imply that they're weak! I HATE it!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer.

That sounds complicated.

Man, I remember that episode from 20 years ago...damn I'm getting old

Pearl is a cute! A CUTE!

>not even a black cat
How do you even fuck up that hard?

Makes sense because she was blond in show

Is that the girl who cuts out her eye if you're nice to her? Or am I thinking of a different game?

mostly physical affection--nuzzling, cuddling, wrapping up in tails, stuff like that. sometimes gifts, and making favorite meals for special occasions. taking care of them when they're sick or injured or just feeling down. pretty much lots of little things that come together to show an unconditional respect and care for them as they are.

Pretty sure you're thinking of something else.

Oh, hey Val, can Soul Power from Street Fighter be learned?

No you are right, The name was teaching feeling, thought I don't have the pic when it happens.

Do we have any perks that would pretty much guarantee that your Persona won't turn on you?

I'll admit, Pearl has her moments, but I still think Lapis is cuter. And much less inclined to teach suicidal battle tactics to children.

Nah, not really a learnable thing.

Lapis is boring. The only reason people like her is because she looks more like a real person than the other gems so is more conventionally attractive.

Cuddling. Handmade gifts. Occasionally baking, depending on my mood/gender.

...My dick?

Flowers, Food, Stories, Poetry, Handholding, Horrifying Sex, Adventure, Presents, and Dates (Usually walks or movies).

Is Yoga learnable?

Yes, many people have done so. Why, I hear there are even classes for that sort of thing all over the world. Cheap too.

I once bred a new species of doves that sing serenades for them and created a miniature star and time-locked it inside a diamond necklace.

That and I also give surprise hugs.

See and I also go out of my way to make things I think they would like, be that objects or food, as gifts, going on romantic dates, offering help for anything they really want done, etc. Sometimes by teasing them in small ways.

Is mayo an instrument?

How does this sound for an item for the Batman Beyond jump?

>Personal Weapon [200cp] (Discount: Legend): A powerful and durable melee or ranged weapon that possess a single unique trait. It could be a freeze gun, a sword with a blade as sharp as a molecule, a scepter capable of electrocuting foes on contact, or anything else that you'd see used by one of Batman's rogues.
>>Collapsible [50cp]: Your weapon can be condensed into smaller form, making much easier to carry and conceal.

The “Personal Weapon” cannot be anything ridiculously overpowered. I.E, nothing that could kill or disable supernatural or superpowered beings in one hit.

Well being closer to the conventional standard of beauty does tend to qualify one as cute, yes. And sure, from a certain point of view Lapis can come off as boring, but I think it's more a matter of being low-energy when the situation allows her.

I just think she suffers a bit from being a side character. She's only been in 12 episodes, plus a few non-speaking appearances on the sidelines of things, so her character hasn't been explored as deeply as Steven's and the other Crystal Gems. Hell, she's got less than half the screen time Connie has. I think she would prove much less boring in person.

I actually laughed there, though I meant as it appears in the SF world, in all its mystic glory. Though, such cheap classes may exist in the SF world as well, I guess? The wiki's... not great.

Heh. Seriously though, Yoga, in the sense of the stuff Dhalsim has, is learnable. It's hard and probably more then just a matter of putting in time but you are able to learn to do that stuff.

I assume yoga classes exist in SF's world. They're everywhere.

...mayo?

Val, how long would it take to master Senjustu if I also took Street Fighter? Same question with Soul Power, Yoga, and Ki Manipulation?