Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Do your armored characters ever take off their armor to look pretty?

What are some unusual races you've allowed, or have been allowed to play?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/PFG/ I REQUIRE YOUR HELP. HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEDUCE DHB'S CUTE SLEEPY REVERSE TRAP.

HELP ME INVADE THE MIND OF DHB AND DETERMINE HIS MAGIC REALM. I WANT TO IMPREGNATE THAT QT3.14.

Sure, its easy, his magical realm is nonexistant, DHB is asexual

>Estervale
Okay DM so I know that you like to feel all smug and self satisfied by those 'casuls' who don't want a 15 pb game with 20gp and dire piranhas tied to the balls of the PCs, but real talk I played in a game almost exactly like this and it died after two or three sessions because of shit getting really slow and dull. Because you're not just taking away power, you're taking away versatility, removing the tools at the PC's disposal when you should be expanding them and increasing difficulty accordingly.

She used to but in order to fully seal herself off from the outside world she horribly mutilated her body so that her armor physically and permanently slotted itself into her body.

>Do your armored characters ever take off their armor to look pretty?

Yes! My paladins always have beautiful dresses and other context-sensitive clothes for everything from weddings to feasts to trips to the market to quiet sparring and exercise in between adventures. It's the only rational approach!

Why are you trying to explain the basics of DMing to a retard

DHB loves noncon, just roll up a grappling build and go to town.

Of course! Of course! When he's in a town or peaceful place he *loves* to wear comfy clothes that hug the skin and keep everything snug and secure.

Hell, you should see what he wears when he wants to go out with the female PC that wants to feel like a woman, if not just for an afternoon.

DHB enjoys non-con but only when he is in control. DHB is a hardcore meticulous dom.

Currently Recruiting Games

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers

Did I get em all?

>taking the bait
Look at the account making the game, it's one great troll + bamboozle

My armored characters have been allowed to get away with barely-armored fluff to have their armor double as fancy clothes. Regal coats with pauldrons, single-arm protection, metal skirts, etc. It's high fantasy, fuck it I'm going to be powerful AND pretty.

Dragon 2 greentext when?

I just don't get it anymore. I've gone from wanting to bang PCs to banging the PCs of specific players.

>take off armor
>to look pretty
I don't understand the question

Ok /pfg/, it's time to be completely honest. Do you think DHB would design a better SoM than Ssalarn? What do you think DHB would do with SoM than Ssalarn doesn't?

Would DHB not be such a shitter when it comes to feedback?

What other class should we dissect?

If you have questions about Hunters, I'm still here

If you have questions about Soulknives (particularly, their list of good and bad soul knife enhancements) I can answer them too

That's all part of the ruse that is his 100% commitment to the bit of being the sub. He pretends he must be the dom, but he's looking for somebody to show him what it means to be a sub.

we're ingame right now

Greentext later

shenanigans abound.

Dear /pfg/

Why is Magus fucking stupid? Under what design idea did they decide to effectively give the Magus an iterative attack at 2nd level?

I'm sure Rory will dump his ERP logs again in an hour or two

Under the same one where it only has one spell.

Quick

yes or no

did Aurora and Bon-Bon get to have a cute date in the opera house before Thrune shut it down?

No.

When will Vult publish the audition LOGS?!

Hello there. I would love to discuss this point with you.

The goal is not to 'hurt' players. It is to make players consider how to do more with less. It is to force some real decisions on strengths and weaknesses. The narrative has very little to do with the numbers going on behind the scenes.

It is, as I see it, a falsehood that having huge numbers makes for a good plot. The inflation of power is a cancer, confusing raw bonuses and ability for a proper narrative. It is not a benefit to be super strong and super smart and super powerful. It is of much greater benefit to be part of an adventuring team where people all rely upon one another, because the interplay between the people is much tighter and the real thrust of the plot.

The goal of Estervale is to dial it back just a little, to the default rules even, at least statistically. You're all in a tight spot, but you have each other to rely on, if you can learn to work together and overcome some challenges.

I kind of think I didn't go meme- y enough.

Very first ckmbat of the game my Dm Straight up told us we were being railroaded and that these robots were kidnapping us. Even though my character didn't participate in the crime being committed.

At one point to get through a cavern we had to enter the Konami code. When we got through that we arrived in sandboxia, a land of kahjiit, where we were attacked by the aforementioned shit worm.

Not really sure what would be appropriate for this kind of campaignk

Never. Those are in his own private spank bank. He guards them jealously.

Why the fuck are you trying to do this in Pathfinder? Use WFRP or LotFP or something else better suited.

You're an idiot, this has nothing to do with 'huge numbers making for a good plot' this is 'certain numbers are required for some classes to function at all, those classes are almost all martials, and they will be worthless without said numbers'

What the fuck is a Monk going to do with a 15pb array besides suck dick

But I want to know how many times Bon-Bon's bon-bons have been roughly handled, damn it! Do they honk when squeezed?

>Not really sure what would be appropriate for this kind of campaignk
Probably walking away would be the most appropriate thing.

No, they squirt.

Honestly, they aren't even good at sucking dick. The ideal concubine has at least 16 CHA, CON, and DEX. Anything less is a waste of spunk.

What's the baseline strength for a useful barbarian? I want to make one that's more of an all-rounder, get some skill points, some dex, etc. When would you be considered too garbage to do your main job though? 16 after racials?

>Under what design idea did they decide to effectively give the Magus an iterative attack at 2nd level?
>bitching about the full-round action that applies an attack penalty

Under the same one where it's basically just TWF, except without any of the improved versions and it also requires the magus to do a concentration check or get his shit slapped. And where the Magus only actually has half a dozen worthwhile spells. And where half of its class features are tacked on and force you to build a certain way. And where the class desperately needs to be completely reworked.

Are you gonna bitch that a rogue with TWF can get a second iterative next?

Touch of Fatigue, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Elemental Touch, I could go on.

It's still a fucking iterative attack at 2nd level, which martials, real honest to god fighters don't get till 6th.

Is there any way to make Living Legends good?

What kinda shenanigans? Tell us!

Because, AFAIK, Magus was the first class that Paizo really designed to "make their own" so to speak. You can see how Paizo's designs evolved with the Warpriest, Occultist, and Vigilante- Magus was some of their earliest work, and it shows.

Not even proficient in sucking dick.

I won't spoil it.

But shouldn't her flower squirt?

There are three dozen better systems for doing what you're trying to do. Get off your fucking pedestal and go play one of those or realize that a fighter cannot do "more with less" when you have stripped away literally any resource he could have and left him with your only your oh-so-glorious fiat to tell him if he can actually convince anyone of anything with no ranks in diplomacy.

>What's the baseline strength for a useful barbarian?

18 is ideal.

When you're a STR-based martial, you always want to aim for even numbered modifier.

>magus autism
I didn't even say anything yet. I'm proud.

>implying its anything but INTENSIFIED SHOCKING GRASP 24/7

user.

Her bon-bons are tattooed with flowers

Oh yeah because a Magus with Weapon Finesse, a Black Blade Scimitar, and Spell Combat isn't absolutely monstrous at 3rd level +

Fine, fine, but I expect QUALITY greentext shenanigans! Subvert my expectations!

Cute! But which party member(s) will discover these tattoos?

Go ahead. Do the DPR on that. Actually put your number crunching where your mouth is.

Bladebound is fucking stupid.

There is no reason at all to give a player a FREE weapon that scales with level. At 3rd level it effectively gives them a HUGE WBL boost.

All of them.

At the same time. Wardrobe malfunctions are one hell of a plot device.

I'm sure all of them will discover it when she's doing a sexy comedy routine by the campfire.

Remember, friend. All Bon-bon wants to do is make you smile.

Bladebound Magus with Dex 20, and Weapon Finesse.

1d6+5 (Using Black Blade Strike and the inherent Enhancement bonus increase this becomes 1d6+7)

1d6+7+3d6 shocking grasp + 1d6+7 = minimum 19 DPR assuming two hits, Maximum 44, Average these you've got around 30 DPR.

3rd level fighter with a greataxe, 20 STR, and Power Atk. = 1d12+7 +2 from PA. Minimum 10, Maximum 21 Per round. Assuming 1 hit.

See
He's right, you know.

Using Black blade strike isn't going to happen at that level lets be honest.

>martials, real honest to god fighters don't get till 6th

Unchained Monk gets Flurry of Blows at 1st level. Literally any martial can take TWF at level 1. Is this broken?

Oh no watch out, some fuck with slightly more accuracy than a rogue might use one of the only worthwhile magus builds to, get this, HIT A DUDE TWICE while expending a daily resource. If he makes his concentration check. Oh nooooooo.

>using a greataxe
>doesn't take into account accuracy at all
>doesn't actually bother to do power attack properly
>he thinks there's a magus that actually takes 20 dex at level 1
>comparing a guy using a fuckload of resources to a dude who used nothing and swung his sword

W O W

It's basically the only thing the blade can do at that level.

>assuming two hits
>assuming one hit
That's not how this works.

Yeah but using that makes your blade breakable.

You said compare DPR bitchtits, and he did.

And what fucking resources does a 3rd level fighter HAVE?

DPR isn't "I hit all my attacks," DPR is "to hit vs AC * average damage"
No shit you do a lot of damage if you're fighting someone with 0 AC.

These are both cute ideas. Got fingers crossed for those logs!

I think the point is a Mage of any sort, even a 6 level caster should not be able to out martial the martials.

Dragons2 just finished up session, greentext incoming

And you haven't showed that he is. You've showed that if he hits, which he won't, he might do a bit more damage.

Which log are you most excited for? PC x PC, though NPC might be fun!

>compare DPR
>doesn't do any of the actual work

Did you know? A level 3 Rogue vastly outdamages a fighter! I mean, just look, if a rogue uses TWF and has 20 Dex, it could deal 3d6+5, 3d6+3 with shortswords when both hit!

The magus's entire schtick is "do damage". It is widely regarded as being a bit of a joke unless you build around certain spells.

Let's assume the target is a perfectly average person 10 in all stats, versus this optimized Magus. He's wearing a chain shirt, so +4 AC.

so a 14 AC versus a +10 on attacks means he will hit 80% of the time. (+5 dex +2BAB +2 Enhancement, +1 BBS)
so the average of 19 and 44 is 31.5
31.5x0.8 = 25.2 DPR

Fighter with greataxe has (+5Str +3 BAB -1 PA) And likely no +1 weapon. So he has a +7 to hit versus AC14, giving him a 65% chance to hit.
Greataxe Average damage is ((10+21)/2) * 0.65 =15.5 DPR.

I've got a video of what I want to see happen to Gloriana, but it's not fit for blueboards.

You forgot the -2 for Spellstrike.

Shit, you're right.

Still, your boy the Magus does more DPR than a fighter with a greataxe.

You also forgot that the average of 4d6+7 is 21, not 30.

>let's optimize random shitty fighter versus optimized magus
>A level 3 fighter doesn't have a magic weapon, or at least a masterwork weapon
>doesn't have ANY feats besides power attack
>is using a greataxe like a bumbling retard
>let me just not take into account any penalties the magus is going to be taking
>let me also count Black Blade Strike, which only applies to damage rolls and not attack rolls, and is useable exactly once at this level

well shit the math checks out I guess magus is overpowered

WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR HEROES (of Dragons2)

They had just jumped through a portal in their investigation of the kidnapping of one of the Queen's consorts. Brock, and came out in a strange rocky area outside of the Demense

>The team dusts themselves off, begins looking around
>They find a path down, head down
>There's a weird jungle and mist down here
>A bit of investigation leads to a fort, with 'torches' there putting out some mist
>There's guards too! Dragon royalty!
>The group hunkers down upon hearing a voice
>Its a bitchy voice
>Its coming from a nearby storehouse
>Calsi recognizes the voice, its her Rival. Irma.
>Rinka, Rorymei, and Aurora scout over a wall via various means, and find a way in
>Sure enough, its Irma, naked as the day she was born.
>The bitchfight of the century occurs, the barbs thrown between these two are absolutely fucking venomous
>Eventually they get her cut down and released, but the bitchfight ends with accusations of Calsi having a -scar-
>And Aurora is uh. Press-ganged to investigate the truth of this matter
>Aurora loses it, and well. Pic related basically occurs
>Suddenly a fucking molotov cocktail hits the side of the Shed
>The party rushes outside, only to find themselves surrounded by Dragon Royalty Guards
>They are not good at stealth. It may have been the arguing. Or the epic bitchfight.
>Session end.

I want to see Gloriana, Cashmere, and Bon-Bon x Gloriana's Husband

Although I'm actually on the opposite side of this argument as you, I have to point out that using Shocking Grasp on someone wearing metal armor like a chain shirt gets you a +3 bonus to his attack roll. That will more than make up for the Spellstrike penalty mentioned.

So pfg, I hear that Sphere's of Might has some broken classes, and I've heard of the alchemy sphere being a bit off, but how about the other spheres? Are any more of them particularly broken/underwhelming?

Good thing the average CR 3 enemy has 15 AC from natural armor and dexterity. This guy is just making shit up off the cuff, forgetting and leaving out large parts of the rules, and then saying that Magus is better.

Not quite, he's got two attacks, which averages out to make it a bonus of 1.5 per attack :/

Yeah... so... What'd he leave out? Other than the spellstrike penalty, which turns out to be a measly - 0.5 per attack.

Was the session ten minutes long? That's like two skill checks.

>Brock

Brock?

Brock.

I'm trying not to sound like a dumbass, but I'm looking at the Bladebound magus page and it's saying an enhancement bonus of +1 at 3rd level. Is there some way to get it to +2?

There was a lot of talking.

We're a gabby bunch

All we know about him is that he's brown...

>there is someone who is honest to god bitching that at level 3 an optimized magus is capable of outdamaging a random fighter with a greataxe

You know who else can outdamage this fighter if you optimize and are in the perfect scenario? Literally anything.

>Monk with 20 Str can flurry, can outdamage the fighter
>slayer with 20 Str studies guy and attacks, hits with SA, does more damage

He's assuming the magus used his arcane pool on it, which is a fair assumption. He then goes full retard and assumes he blew his Black Blade's single pool point on Black Blade Strike for a piddly +1 damage.

We talk SO MUCH

His name is Brock. He's brown.

I'm afraid that's all we know.

Is this a common issue in /pfg/ games? I kind of like combat.

This man is brownish, and also named Brock. Our CSI department's report indicates there's a 130% chance this is your man. When you find him, be wary of his balls.

i think this party in particular is very talkative, and there were extenuating circumstances that made SwimmingEagle hold off on combaty stuff.

Next session is definitely combat. We're surrounded by dragonoids with axes and crossbows.

Well lets put it this way. One person had to play from their phone, and trying to see the battle map behind seven player tags is hell.

So i kinda steered it away from combat by adding in the rival for things.

I once had my character take off her armour to look pretty, and attempt to make the half-orc in the party jealous that she was getting pretty to go out and meet someone.

She got assassinated because she wasn't wearing any armour.

>One person had to play from their phone
I didn't even know Roll20 supported phones.

If you're on your phone you get the text box and that is pretty much it. It has no phone interface.

>Pic related basically occurs
Wew, it didn't stop there.