Rise of Khul edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>Bloodreavers have 6+ save(70 for 10 now)

I wish Slaanesh was back

For Nagash!

I thought Khul was dead

Is the genius who painted Groin Kikka here? Could you repeat the steps to paint that beauty?

If not, I'll message him on Reddit

Grotbag scuttlers fucking when? They and the shadow elves keep getting mentions but are nowhere to be seen. This is the 3rd time grot sky pirates appeared in canon

>Grotbag Scuttlers

Hopefully not before Ironjawz get their junk dirigibles.

Found it in the archive.

>Basecoat Deathworld Forest
>Basecoat Loren Forest,
>Drybrush Skarsnik Green
>Wash Biel Tan green.

Thanks, user.

Still, Groin Kikka-user, if you read this, you're a beast.

>Just want a dedicated Vampire themed BT or a proper Skellington one
>GW release Steampunk doorfs and another SCE Tome
Fuck off GW release some "evil" factions already

I was actaully going to play Death exclusively when i join AoS, but then i saw the complete lack of new sculpts and support and decided Nurgle was going to be my first point of call

>Just want an army of Vampire Knights w/Undead Dragons and cool guys like him

They have been. But apparently you don't like Chaos.

It'll happen eventually.

Right?

...Right?

Fuck off at least you got new models during end times

Half the freeguild models are out of stock on the website, and the whole faction is living on borrowed time

I play Nurgle and atm my 2nd AoS will be Khorne or Slaanesh - i want some change
>Play DE and Necrons in 40k

I just like playing bad guys

I am really curious to see what they'll to with mortal humans.

Lantic Empire, probably.

>VC Counts and Blood Knights
>Werewolves/Vargheists
>Grave Guard as Battleline
Jeez GW that was hard to make a faction

Fuck you, the best Vampire line got a full battle tome. If you don't like Strigoi, you a bitch.

>tfw you are smarter than me
>I already purchased the GA: Death book and FEC battletome

At that point you might as well just go join the khornate cannibals.

Real vampires have class.

I bet you are as ugly as your faction
Shitgol are deluded cucks, even Mannlet is better than them

Will there be any updates on Death armies?
I wanna get into AoS and I like the death armies but there just isn't enough there for me to commit yet

I'm also really digging Sylvaneth atm

Rumour says new death at some point this year, but it might just be bullshit.

Other than that, no one knows. Go for the treemen if you don't want to risk it.

>implying they'll ever get touched
I'm perfectly happy just living under a rock, and I can't imagine they'll do plain jane humans before they do over-designed supersoldier Good Guy, over-designed supersoldier Bad Guy, etc. I'm already forced to use the Empire warscrolls in order to use the Luthor Huss and Volkmar in order to get Warrior Priests that can buff my units. And cannons that get the Engineer reroll and grapeshot.

As I posted a few threads ago. The only things I could even ask for is one thing I know we'll never get and one thing that I hope to see in the General's Handbook II.
>Warplock Jezzails but hooman, just a copy-paste to give us something for long-range shooting that isn't reliant solely upon cannons. I'd kill for a five-man unit of Hochland Long Rifles.
>cost reduction on the Steam Tank

I used to bitch about pistoliers, but I think they're honestly fine enough for what they are. Just a meat missile to slam at something, with such pathetic bravery to expect them to crumple hopefully after fucking up whatever they slammed into. Despite the range on pistols, they're really just a shitty and cheaper Demigryph.

>implying I play Death
Destruction and theoretical Order. One a mob of coked up spider-worshipping grots, the other daemon-smith Redcoats.

Fucking Mannfred, ruined everything.

And he's still a Mortarch. Vlad should have stayed Mortarch of Shadow instead.

>Renegade Freeguild dude
You know, if you're not happy with the Steam Tank, you could just run a War Hydra instead. You were talking about making some weird daemon engine kitbash anyway, and that way you can knock off 60 points for what's objectively a better warscroll. Still keeps the shortish-range shooting attack, respectable melee, a rule that self-inflicts mortal wounds, and some self-repair. Ought to make a perfectly serviceable warscroll for a daemon engine, and it's not like you're losing Allegiance or anything.

>Allegiance: Death
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (340)
Necromancer (120)

>Batteline
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
>Units
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
5 x Black Knights (120)
5 x Black Knights (120)
>Behemoth
Mourngul (400)
Summoning - 480
Total: 2000/2000

I think this is the only Death army i could stomach fielding right now

Actually swap the 2x5 BKs for Hexwraiths
Still 400 points of Summoning

how do you stay motivated to work on your army when all the aos groups in your area meet only on nights you have to work late?

I've been working on and off on my army for months now, and I am really having trouble staying motivated since I have yet to even have a chance to play a game once.

...huh, that's not a bad idea. Both on 70x105mm bases as well, so the foot the same. Thanks for the recommendation.

Brokk Lord Magnate how much do you think it will cost?

320ish points, probably. Less than 400 certainly.

A Vampire Lord can ride a Terrorgheist, right?

I can't find the relevant warscroll, the webstore on has the Abhorrent Ghoul King one and the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon.

Don't think they can.

Only VL options are Stock/Nightmare/Dragon/Flying/Abyssal

Damn, OK, I'll just take a Terrorgheist as is, their shriek is amazing on paper. Is it as ruinous as it sounds in practice?

Yeah it's pretty great.

Not as OP as it was, but still v good

That list actaully costs less than £200
I'm kinda glad AoS is much more afforable than 40k

So a technologically-advanced empire of jobbers. How heroic. They equally let Chaos, Death, Destruction and even Order kill them easily. Apparently the Twelfth iteration was so pathetic that the foot-traveling guides of a single tribe.

Can the Gaunt Summoner be replaced with Archaon or the Varanguard? I keep looking at this and thinking: "Tzeentch, Tzeentch, Pestilens, Bloodbound. Oh wait, that is supposed to be the Everchosen."

Vamp on zombie dragon is still pretty based mate.

Khul the Kuck forever lives brother!

What made it worse, higher bravery across the board?

The scene where the 3 chaos guys tried to loot his body was hilarious.

I still wish he would have put that damn stormfag skull on top of his pyramid...

Like the Empire?
Fuck, taking a century after everyone else with ALL factions ganging on them?

Nah, they changed it to a 6+d6 vs bravery damage. You can still do quite the wounds on the enemy but gone are the days where you'd wipe out whole squads without breaking a sweat.

That's fair, and it makes it less of a no-brainer between that and the zombie dragon.

Thanks for your help!

Anyone got colour schemes for tzaangors?

Im having a problem with a friends attitude /AoS/.

There is no denying hes still butthurt after the departure of WHFB, despite being one of those guys who never actually played the fucking game. Neither did he bother painting much of what he had as well. He is simply just grumpy over the fact that AoS took its place. To be frank, I think he has simply spent to much time on online forums to actually go outside and make up his own mind about it.

In a recent discussion (aka, heated debate), he proclaimed that everything was wrong with AoS. Yep, he hated all of it. The lore, despite not red any of it (solely based this on his assumption that he liked WHFB lore, that was taken away), the models design (despite being a huge WoW fan, that plays that fucking game regularly. And there is no denying in the resemblance between the esthetics of the two), the hero scale (despite playing Warmahordes himself, which is also a hero scale system), The game rules (despite not ever playing, or reading them)... This went on and on.

And at every corner I could easily argue his case with ease. Im telling you, he was like the worst autistic user on Veeky Forums embodified.

Is he a lost case, or do I pursue my hopes of turning him to at least try the game out? And a side question, how do you defend against this much stupidity? I have no illusions that my view of the world is the right way to look at it, and every man has a right to an opinion. But to bluntly state things that contradict one another (Claiming the quality of recent GW miniatures are shit, but still praise old metal sluggers of Warmahordes for instance) is just lying to yourself.

Tell him to shut the fuck up and get over it or just shut the fuck up
You offer to get him into it

Some people just want to be miserable.

Just play your game and have fun, don't bother too with his opinion too much. Your enjoyment will trigger people one way or another, there's no need for arguments since you cannot change their state of mind through conversation anyway, not unless they're open/ready for it.

If he's ever gonna change, he'll snap out of it in his own time.

Ask him if he is willing to try out Hinterlands? It can be used as a way to introduce people to the AoS system

To any Ironjawz anons - are Gore Grunta mouths meant to go on nicely? They seem to only fit on one side an leave a big ugly gap on the other. The mouths of the boars with tongues I mean.

There'll probably be some weird, nonsensical angle to snap them in from. You'll dick around with them for ages, then they'll just go *click* and suddenly they're flush with the rest. It's annoying, to be honest.

And I don't actually know this, I'm just guessing that's the case from my experience assembling my Magmadroth.

in 5 years he will be buying AoS minis.
Most of the grognard couldnt even hate gw more than 2 years and are already playing aos.

forget about it and tell him how nice the AoS game you played today was great and he will eventually play it.

looks like a teenage girl that hate something because her parents like it.

dont even try anymore and eventually he will come back

>-Wanna try AoS ?
>-No fucker I already told you I hate that GW shit.
>-What about that fan made knockoff of AoS ?
>-Wtf are you autistic or what

>knockoff
>scaled down mordheim-style skirmish adventure game

Pick one, friend.

How are you finding Nurgle, friend? Kinda in the same boat as you.

Unfortunately, this hobby is littered with small minded faggots who think parroting memes will get them respect and attention.
I suggest never talking to this fucker again. Not because of his attitude toward AoS, but because if he is this much of a hypocritical shit over a fucking TT wargame, he must be truly pathetic in all other walks of life.
TLDR: cut sling load on this shit piece

>Endrin niggers

Nurgle is Fun in a very Necron sort of way - ie simple, but reliable
Pretty much everything you have either ignores wounds on a 5+, everything is largely slow too but i'm not using Tallyband because it makes the army TOO Durable

I'd sum it up as "Aggressively Defensive" style of gameplay

Frankly i'm kinda excited about the new Death list i posted since i'll be using summoning and faster units

The Gore Gruntas go together like shit. They really did a shit job of splitting up that sprue. I fought for 10 minutes to get the stupid ears to snap in.... at two seperate point I was like "this unit is shit anyway, it's like they are actively trying to get me to NOT use them"

I'm also in the same boat and I'm enjoying Nurgle a lot! It feels like they have way more options even without a battletome. Death just feels empty right now.

Right now I'm debating if I should go with a second SC Nurgle Daemons or if I should expand to the mortal side of things with Rotbringers or Slaves to Darkness. And then there are other chaos factions too...

>want to play elves
>still no elf army

I think you are downplaying just what happened during the Age of Chaos a little. Imagine these empires existing in relative peace for so long and prospering with no Chaos at all. Imagine that. So when Chaos does rear its ugly head, they would be relatively unprepared for it. They haven't had hundreds of years of suspicion and paranoia to look for signs of corruption. Likely the Lantic Empires were weakened from internal corruption and greed, so when the foot soldiers of Chaos came tromping in, being lead by the World Ender himself, no less, even after a valiant fight by the good people of order, they eventually fell, especially since Sigmar turned his back on the Mortal Realms and kindgoms to shut off Chaos from the final realm and regroup and make a new weapon. It is very likely that many in the ranks of the Stormcast Eternals hail from the Lantic Empires.

Chaos is a big fucking deal, and just because a city is advanced or the greatest human city known, does not mean it fell to Chaos easily. Even Sigmar's own pantheon was broken up by chaos and nearly completely destroyed by it.

I wouldn't belittle anything that fell during the Age of Chaos.

If there are Free Peoples updates, they will likely not be called the Lantic Empire, but will likely trace their roots or hail from them. Many of Azyrs refugees come from the Lantic Empires

Phoenix temple with a few dragon Lords, min units of archers.
Isn't that what fantasy fags were doing anyway? Except no dragons of course, monsters take points away from a Lvl 4 mage and his stubborn bunker of basic infantry he hides in all game

He's a lost cause. He only knows his memes and simply refuses to see anything beyond them.

What do you do? Have fun and play the game despite him. Take pictures and post in your facebook groups about the awesome games, or progress shots of your army. Don't tag him like a childish faggot, but just keep doing what you do. Ignore his inane rants about AoS and stick to what you know to be good. I'm not saying shun or avoid him, still be friends, just don't discuss AoS. He will notice you still play this 'shit game', and it will still bug him. It will bug him that people are seeing good in it. That's really all you can do.

(And people saying eshin is shit last thread)
What's up with this? Why is everyone hating on old sculpts?am i the only one who likes old sculpts?

My problem with AoS is the apparent squatting of the Empire line.
Some factions got carried over completely which is cool. Others are getting upgrades if you will into new factions which is entertaining for people who like new stuff.
But the Empire which was iconic and has some amazing miniatures looks like its dead atm. Until they do a mortals release.
It kind of annoys me that because of this I can't buy Empire stuff from discount stores i visit.

Sounds like it suits me just fine. I tend to tank things pretty hard, played Death Guard and Necrons in 40keks. I ask because I'm trying to build 1000 point lists for all the alliances and then see which way I want to expand from there, and I want to see which playstyle suits me in AoS.

The two armies I'm piecing together out of old WHFB stuff are a Blood Knight-heavy Soulblight army (elite, highly mobile) for Death and gunline Freeguilds (defensive, ranged) for Order, and my friend gave me like thirty of his old Black Orcs so I think I might go for Ironjawz for Destruction. Nurgle would be my first choice for Chaos.

What's the ratio of Slaves to Darkness/Daemons/Rotbringers like in your armies?

I dont like big creatures like dragons and shit, plus I dont want to buy old elves and have them drop the new ones a couple months later. So here ill wait, until GW makes some fucking elves for me to buy

The empire line is under free peoples, ironweld arsenal, collegiate arcane, and devoted of sigmar. You're welcome.

Yeah i know user but because its not a mainline its not sold in third party stores.

Here's my list
>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO - 240
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
3x Plague Drones - 220
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
--2000 points

Really i could swap the Herald for another 10 PBs, but it's another DAEMON hero for my Drones to bounce off...

This is almost my list, minus a Daemon Prince

Nice

Well then you have no idea what the word 'squatting' means.

It means completely removed from store and fluff. When something is squatted, it is to act as though it never existed. Some kits being removed and the rest of the range being moved out of mainline (whatever that means) does not make it a squatting.

You're just as bad as the faggots calling death a squatted faction.

>I dont like big creatures like dragons and shit
What are you, gay?

Shut up you dumb autist. All factions that have been squatted are no longer sold by third parties. This is fact. If you reply with more grognard bullshit you are inbred.

I could drop a BK squad for a DP but i just love the models so much
Plus their regen

Holy shit then my lgs is somehow pulling all these kits from his ass, how does he do it?

Look, unless a kit is webstore exclusive, and looking at the model range of the old empire models, most isn't. Your 3rd party can get them. You're just again misunderstanding what squatting means, and gw's retail policies.

Here's hoping the new Death Guard release will bring out new zombie models
If not, what are some non GW zombies that are "close enough"

>hes a retard
>he posts because he can
Companies are not being supplied with new wfb stock. The stock is disappearing on GWs own store.
Unless they re-release this stuff they are dead factions.

Forgeworld war mammoth what do you think about him?

Thing is I never played WHFB either and was still bummed to see the setting squated as I'd played WHFRP with the same character and same group for about 10 years, I'd say I was more invested in the universe than most tabletop players.

And yeah I know that WHFRP 2nd was already discontinued and I can just keep playing regardless it just kind of puts a damper on things knowing that *technically* the setting has an ending and that ending is awful.

My advice as a recent convert to AoS is don't try and tell people that that their opinion on the lore is wrong, even if you like it they clearly don't. I don't like it and honestly I probabley never will.

My friend convinced me to play AoS based on the simplicity of the system, the beer and pretzels, and "my dudes vs your dudes" aspect but he also asked me an important question:

>"Does lore matter?"

At first I tried to argue that of course it does but he just pointed out that unless you plan to buy and read all of the BTs, audio books, novels, comics, etc, etc then it doesn't. He also pointed out that we'd be playing matched play not narrative and if lore mattered we'd play narrative in every game we played but we don't. he also pointed out that while a lot of games we play have lore I like a lot of it's just window dressing. This is Not a Test is a great little post apocalyptic Fallout-esque game but it's theme is almost entirely tacked on. You could play TNT in almost any setting.

Basically try and sell AoS simply as a game, a fun thing to do with friends at the weekend. And if you can get them to watch some battle reports on youtube. There are some good ones out there and they really help to challenge people's perception of the game.

They're awesome, I like making them individual, like each one is a champion of Chaos rather than cookie cutter units most armies tend to have

How would you run that list at 1000 points chap?

Mantic plastic zombies are probabley the best plastic zombies on the market to be honest.

Never really thought about 1k but maybe something like this?
>Leader
Lord of Plagues - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
--960 points

>Mantic plastic zombies
this

Are they stuck on that base, or would be easy to add a few weapons and stick them on 25mm?

Yeah, that seems relatively sensible

2k I've no issues with, but 1k Nurgle doesn't give much in the way of choice

They're stuck on that little circle, not the square

I always shy away from the losest bracket of games
It always seems that most armies miss out on their best units/features unless they have a little room to breath. Even if it does mean the buy in cost is higher

My biggest problem is that except for Sknich none of them fit the current Skaven esthetic. Night Runners are still monkey rats, Gutter Runners and Assasins are just way too old. Compare and contrast the current eshin minis with clanrats and storm vermin and you'll see the problem imo.

Verminlord Deceivers + Sknich looks fine.

>They're stuck on that little circle
Damn that's annoying