What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Gonna need some context on this one, Jim.

My names Dave

It means that they hate fun Control cards so much that they want to neuter any possibility of new players picking these up on release day, understanding what it does and playing it. By doing this they increase the chances that their (((Battlecruiser Magic))) continues to be popular as new players never learn that there's a whole world of extremely competent answers and kill spells out there and refuse to play the Timmy Magic.

>that card description is totally legible, must be my enormous brain-
>notice card name
>notice card type

Is that supposed to be hard to read? That clearly says "Worship" and "Enchantment".

No one's saying that it cannot be read. They're saying that it's not easy to immediately make out.

Worship is one of the better ones in terms of immediate legibility. Take a gander at this one.
And what this guy said too. They're all readable, but not with a cursory glance.

The problem as far as I can tell is there's a bunch of shit around the actual word, and none of it's differentiated well enough. If they bolded the word, or just made it more obvious beyond two faint lines, it wouldn't be so bad.

Don't forget that these will be foil cards, the name and type will be differentiated from the "hieroglyphs" by being shiny.

It's not a merchantmen creature type?

>If they bolded the word
They are bolded.

The issue as far as I'm concerned isn't that the text is hard to read--it isn't--but that it looks fucking stupid.

I really hope I can find a TIMONITIBAZEINIT for cheap because I just absolutely love powerful efficient ?°NNOINSTANTITM°.

>Veeky Forums succeeded in creating a meme worse than the "designated shitting street" meme of Kaladesh spoiler season
I'm not sure if I am amazed or extremely disappointed by this new low

I can't wait to get MILLENNIUM MASTERPIECES in my MAGIC boosters!

I can trade for an OBELISK THE TORMENTOR!

That meme is pretty old lad, much older than Kaladesh.

I know, I'm talking about its application to KLD

Oy vey, remember the exodus of merchantmen from Egypt!

Worship merchantmen.

I wonder who could be behind this card.

It's the title fonts on each of the Masterpiece cards. They made them fucking hard to read on purpose.

Daze, I assume. Looks like a B but "Baze" makes little sense. And Instant. These really aren't too hard; the actual names are darker and a bit bolder than the stuff around them.

How is this meme worse? This one actually had merit to it and isn't spouted exclusively by mouth breathing pol-tards

>oi cast path on yer goyf there mate
>timonitibaze innit
>wew good match mate

No, it doesn't have merit
You're just complaining for the sake of complaining

Yes, they could have removed the meaningless hieroglyphs but then the effect they wanted to have would have been less impactful.
Do they look like ancient artifacts? Yes. They didn't convey it as well as that Mew card (that was an actual good joke the first few times, by the way) because they wanted the invocations to still be playable

Only having the pictures, not the actual foil cards, doesn't make them justice. They are meant to be foiled

I saw these the other day and thought it was some kind of early April fools joke, or from a previous year. I've been out of the loop. These are like, special rare things right? They aren't going to print a set like that... right?

>No it doesn't have merit
>Here are some ways it has merit
Make up your fucking mind. It was a mistake to include the other shit and make the name, type and mana cost nit easily readable. That is the argument people are making, you fucking shill, and it is absolutely true

Reading comprehension, do you have some?
I literally said that they made them a bit harder to read on purpose. They are not completely unreadable, they are not even hard to read for anyone not blind.
You are only doing a board-wide "I was only pretending to be retarded" game

Besides, they could have actually made these with actual heiroglyphs for the text and egyptian-sylizied classic art and people would have loved it instead of this bullshit.

The only one pretending to be retarded here is you, or at least I hope you're not actually this stupid and are just pretending. The idea they had was a fucking dumb one and the execution was horrible. You shouldn't have to reverse engineer what the card name, cost and type are by reading the text box

The thing I'm pissed about the most is the card type. It is an essential gameplay element, and it being practically illegible during play is a huge mistake. People will attempt to cast Invocation Sorceries as Instants, deliberately or accidentally, I guarantee you that.

>You shouldn't have to reverse engineer what the card name, cost and type are by reading the text box
I agree, you shouldn't have to do that since they are already clear enough

You forgot your :^)

>rules text
I'm going to read it to my opponent in a shouting voice, seeing as it's in ALLCAPS.

I had a good giggle.

How much is wizards paying you to defend their fuck up on an anonymous Laotian tap dancing forum?

On another note, how the fuck will you ever beat Worship in a draft if you're in colours that don't answer enchantments? You're also never going to have a deck with 15+ removals in draft(well normally you shouldn't in most logical drafts)

It clearly says TIWHORSHIPI

1) Killing creatures in any number of innumerable ways so Worship doesn't work anymore

2) Lose the first game but then make use of your handy-dandy sideboard to 'board in appropriate responses.

Yeah like I said, you aren't going to draft removal for all their dudes though. Though in hindsight I just realised "lose life" effects go through Worship's clause and can win you the game.