/cyoa/ general

Previous thread
Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Throwback Thursday: post old CYOAs, your favourite CYOAs, your favourite old CYOAs.

These CYOAs were saved almost 4 years ago to the day.

What is the oldest CYOA in your folder, /cyoag/?

Your mom. Some of the options have gotten pretty loose over the years though.

I believe this is part 2/3.

This OC should have broad appeal. Something for power trippers and Waifu lovers.

Part 3.

2013 was a simpler time for /cyoa/.

Can I fuck the skeleton?

These are the same CYOA? I've seen the 2nd page before, but I don't remember the 1st at all.

Some version of slut life, back from like 2.1 or earlier.

>Something for power trippers and Waifu lovers.
My body is ready.

Yeah, sure go for it.

I honestly don't know, it's that old.

1/3

>the Eye
>the Seer
>the Totem

I'm so tired of college t b h.

Really? I must not have seen it, since I didn't end up looking. Oh well, I ended up finding it in anyway, buried in one of my offline backups from like two computers ago.

Part 3, i believe.

The Mole
The Alraune
The Totem
The Eye

I'll be starting a company for various fruits. The eye will start by teaching me all sorts of laws and business concepts, as well as how to make a good website and advertising campaign. The mole helps me vacation and travel and do business and all that. The alraune will be planted in my farm that I plan to buy. We'll make all sorts of fruits. From healthy to super sweet to meat substitutes. Rich people can custom order designer fruits from us. The totem protects my new farm and of course my alraune and all that.

Oops that said 3 not 4. I'll cut out the mole then. Which is unfortunate but oh well.

Ah coolness. Glad you found it!

Evil Route
>Because real Heros don't take noblebright
House Neptune

>Attributes
Allure: 5
Elusive: 2
Force: 3
Study: 4
Threat: 2

>Perks and Flaws
Responsibility(+2): 12
>I figure my Study skill is enough to carry me through for homework so I'll have time for a job
Haunted(+2): 14
Crush(+2):16
History(-1): 15
Music(-1): 14
Self Defense(-1): 13
Extra Attributes*5(-10): 3
Celebrity(-2): 3 (House Bonus)
Clique(-1): 3 (House Bonus)
Friendly: 2
Artifact Weapon: 1
Artifact Armor: 0

>Mysteries
Ghost Hunter's Club
Neptune Break-ins
>Gotta stick out for my house
Discipline Committee Election

I was hoping to do restricted section, but with my elusiveness that low I'm bound to fail, so instead I'll make as many friends and allies as I can from as many houses as possible, help Themis get a good rep and get them on my side, so that I may one day lead an uprising and take over the school from within.

Anyone got the ancient Highlander one? Black background, white text, choose a power and kill all the other people with a power?

>Pick 3

pssst. hey kid

taking over the school is difficult and physicaly demanding, can i interest you in a variety of enhancements?

or would you rather find things out?

I remember how this one consumed thread after thread back then. Tales of blood-fueled despots carving empires in Africa, Fire mages hunted out of fear and paranoia, Arcanists steadily growing stronger and convinced they could achieve all that the others could if given time, etc.

My favorite was always Future Sight and I still maintain that they would be the true power behind the various thrones.

The Spirit of Misfortune
The Eye
The Totem

I curse someone to forever be (their current age - 24) years old... FOREVER. So that they might watch all their loved ones die as they stay forever young!

Then I curse two people to fully heal from any injury in .001 seconds... FOREVER. So that they might experience an almost unending amount of pain should they fall into a volcano

I curse two people by shifting their current IQ four standard deviations to the right so that they might feel isolated and alone by their relative intelligence.

My own suffering under these terrible curses in ten years time is a small price to pay for the suffering of my random foes.

The Totem protects me in case of apocalypse and the Eye gives me knowledge.

Veeky Forums was a mistake

My favorite one-pager. Time-cop best cop.

The Skeleton for doing the stuff I have the ability but not the motivation to do.
The Succubus because I'm terribly terribly lonely and sometimes I don't even want sex? Like I just want to cuddle and have headpats for a bit?
The Soldier so I can make problems disappear without it being traced back to me.

The Eye
The Seer
Sheep

I can make vast money off of the Seer, as long as long as my gambling is pretty low scope.
Then I can use the knowledge the Eye taught me with the funds to become a great scientist.
And the Sheep is cute,

As companions or?

Hoppy
Phaeris
Letalee.

Thats a thief, a priest, and a warrior. No real range but decent set and none of them hate anything inconvenient.

>The Seer (To Make Money)
>The Succubus (Self Explanatory)
>The Totem (NEET Protection)

I got surprising motivated tonight, so for those who wanna see, here are the first two of five planned pages.

>Erotic Horror
>House Hecate
>Enemy House: Minerva

Allure 1
Elusive 3
Force 1
Study 4+1 from house=5
Threat 1

Favorite Class
>Magic 1
Dominant
>Feared 3
Inhuman
Magical
>Inherent Magic 9
>Magical Training 14
Mental
>Just As Planned 18
>Addiction 16
Physical
>Athletic 17
>Glasses 15
>Huge Breasts 14
Social
>Wealth 14
>Polite 12
Sensual
>Cute 15
>Virgin 13
10+3 towards magic from house=13

Magic
>Study 5
>Favorite Class is Magic
>Inherent Magic (Hypnotism)
>Do NOT do sexual rituals. Lesbian cult rumors are fine.

Mystery
>Restricted Section
>Test Subjects
>Monster Repellent

Enemies
>Experiment
>Bimbofication

>be awkward ugly duckling nerdy girl into witchcraft and stuff
>parents get worried about my interests, especially when strange magical things actually start happening around the house
>magic shenanigans catch attention of someone at prestigious magical school who sends a letter
>parents are all to happy to send me off to special school despite dark rumors
>get placed in House Hecate and excel at magical witchy studies
>pick up on dark school rumors and slip out at night to investigate things
>try to learn about dark magic for my own ends and not get to involved in school's darker goings on
>being forgettable and low threat, but quiet and great at magic studies gets me somewhat mysterious and feared reputation among many
>some older girls realize I'm not that creepy or dangerous and am just a shy nerd and use me as subject of experimentation for new spells and potions and first pick when a virgin is needed for a ritual
>this is what turns me from ugly duckling to having Cute perk and gives me addiction to breast growth potion giving me Addiction and Huge Breasts drawback
>"bimbofication" isn't necessarily the other girls' goal, just a danger from the experiments they want to do on me

What's the goal of your uprising? What will you do if it works?

How's the update with Necromango goin' Scientist?
>Would post the current version but storms a shit, fuckin' straya

Alien Prison CYOA: (+30)
Job:
>Gang Member (+1 Free Item Under 8 Credits)
Black Market:
>Universal Translator (Free)
>Healing Gel (Free)
>Psycho Serum x2 (-30)

A short build but I think it would work. I'd make my way up the space gang hierarchy with my powerful telekinetic and telepathic powers.

>STILL NO fujoshi cyoa about getting cute boys to hook up
GET ON IT!!

My shitternet is shit without the storms on top of that, but i figure i should be ok since they're up North more.

Letalee
Raessa
Phaeris

>How's the update with Necromango goin' Scientist?
It's going well.

Debbie comin' for us all.

Does blood bath simply increase lifespan and imbue you with youth, or can it also repair missing limbs/diseases/etc?

The storm's done ok by me mate. I got the day off. Might even get tomorrow. Thank you Storm-chan!

>Does blood bath simply increase lifespan and imbue you with youth, or can it also repair missing limbs/diseases/etc?
It will now.

Introduce anti magic so I can discard death warden as an immortality option, will you?

The Eye
The Seer
The Totem

>Use The Eye to git gud at ALL THE MATH
>Use it to git gud at all business related stuff
>Start investing, Seer helping me steer away from bad investments
>???
>Profit

Then I'll be be back here, playing CYOAs and shitposting on Veeky Forums.
Except I'll be even more of a shut-in, but in a nicer house.

And now there's an even greater reason not to be a blood sucking sun hating twilight piece of dernfoolery.

Why would Necromancers have antimagic?

Hey now, there's a spell in Kroveri itself that makes being a vampire the ideal choice. For that school, anyway.

Best immortality overall is Clone.
>Chadmode
>Look however you want
>Change identity with every body, good for starting over if lair is attacked
With a little Reinforcement:
>Outrun horses, uproot small trees
>Leap off cliffs, laugh at swordsmen and archers
>Eyes like an eagle, ears like a wolf, nose like a bloodhound (or bear, whatever)

Why wouldn't they be able to learn anti magic?

Why would it be on offer in the CYOA, though?
We already know at least some antimagic exists in some form.

Do you really need it handed to you on a silver platter?

No, I just wanted to know if it could be learned.

Not that user, but maybe anti-magic is a bit risky when you've magicked yourself immortal? What happens if you botch a Dispel Magic spell and it blows your immortality away?

Well i'll have to make it more desirable then.

Anti-magic is more dangerous and risky than a Japanese nuclear power plant operated by drunk Soviets.
Why would a mage want to risk it fucking up?

Repost.

Rapture Academy CYOA:
>Evil Route (Male)
Name:
>Marcus Architect
Boys House:
>Apollo (+1 Study, +3 Points for Inhuman or Magical Perks)
Attributes:
>Allure: 2 Average
>Elusive: 0 Clueless
>Force: 1 Weak
>Study: 6 Inhuman
>Threat: 3 Confident
Perks and Flaws: (+10)
Favorite Class:
>Magic (-1)
Dominant:
>Intimidating (-3)
Inhuman:
>Inhuman Attribute: Study (-6)
Magical:
>Magical Training (-5)
>Haunted (+2)
Mental:
>Just as Planned (-4)
>Aversion (+2)
>Phobia (+3)
Physical
>None
Social:
>Connections (-3)
>Wealth (Free)
>Responsibility: Good Grades (+2)
Sensual:
>None
Magic:
At Will Casting:
>Banish
>Blast
>Change Shape
>Command Animals
>Command Element
>Counterspell
>Heal
>Hypnosis
>Illusion
>Invisibility
>Levitate
>Mage Armour
>Modify Memory
>Pierce Dimension
>Shroud
>Spiritual Touch
>Suggestion
>Supernatural Sight
>Telepathy
>Teleport
>Twist Emotions
>Ward
Ritual Required:
>Invite Possession
>Summon
>Vow
Mysteries:
>Ceres Curse Breakers?
>Magical Girl
>Restricted Section

I mean you could probably learn it. Maybe a couple of the grey companions have access to the information.
Also clones are worst Mummification/Blood bath/Potion of Khizaz a best.

My attendance to Rapture Academy is in part due to my fortune in receiving a scholarship. In return for keeping my grades up and working for the company funding my learning after graduation I am bale to attend free of personal charge. I wasn't expecting the company to be a Guild of Planewalking Mages, but the truth did nothing but encourage me; magic is real! And I now I have the opportunity to master it.
I was shortly sorted into the House of Apollo, and forming connections with other young aspiring mages has greatly assisted my personal growth. My investigations into the "Ceres Curse Breakers" and the "Magical Girl" were mostly to strengthen my House and its reputation across the academy, and everything I found investigating them I turned into the House seniors, which has in turn elevated my social position and built further connections. Everything I learned in the "Restricted Section" I kept for myself though...
In more recent news I've been considering breaking in a slave of my own. I'm partial to Dark Elves especially and have been browsing through the students in House Medusa similar to a order catalog.

Exactly my point. You could blow other necromancer's immortalities away like that as well.

Vampirism isn't a bad immortality itself, more of just an opinion. It's a pretty good pick, all things considered.

I feel like blood magic is something you'd main as a political/covert killing type, or just have as secondary for some reason or other.

At least that's how I see it, I always picture blood mages as either naive fools or Politicking mages.

We'll probably have to wait until Scientist makes his mage cyoa.
But that's way in the pipeline, potentially years off.

Still don't know why you feel the need to learn antimagic for the apparently express purpose of killing other Necrobros.
That feels like it goes against the Necrobro Code.
It's more of a Guideline, but still.

Would you say that spells behave somewhat like computer programs?
You've made a number of references both in the CYOA and in your responses to make me think you either imagine them as programs, or you're an IT guy and your job has taken over your life.

>Mummification
>TP Zombitch

>Blood bath
Gross.

>Potion of Khizaz
Well… eh. At least you're GOING GREEN.

>Still don't know why you feel the need to learn antimagic
Because it's useful as fuck? Besides, what are you gonna do when it's some other necromancer using it on you? Where's your necrobro code then?

Investigators of all types as well as nobility along with the rich and powerful can gain a lot from Blood magic. Hell, it's stated outright that royalty make use of Empower Bloodline.

>This obscene level of paranoia and 'get them before they get you' mentality
Jesus fuck, you were one of those people who wouldn't stop REEEing about Prison Meisters, weren't you?

Prison what's now?

>tripfagging
>namefagging

Is this the end of /cyoag/ ?

That's only true if antimagic is an all-purpose no-button that you can just press willy-nilly to solve *all* magical problems. I prefer it being more of a scalpel. You'd need to know exactly what you're dealing with and what works for one thing doesn't work for another. Spirit Ward and Cure Disease are more along the style of antimagic I prefer.

It's been a long time.

Yep.
You might as well leave now, because we aren't making a new thread after this.
Just go about your business, citizen.

From the Conduit cyoa.
Long story short, it was possible for players (Conduits) to get a power that would let them shut down other Conduits' powers for a day, or something like that. If they were in close proximity, and looked them straight in the eyes, IIRC.
Everybody screamed and cried because they were positive they were doomed by not taking that option.
But honestly, that's like living in fear of every person who owns anything sharp, because they might hunt you down for no reason and stab you with it.

Also, I have to note that in my own personal experience, this kind of paranoia and fear generally reflects poorly on person.
People expect that kind of behavior, because it is exactly what they'd do if they could.

There was a comic made by some user about the whole thing, but I never saved it because I never thought it would come up again.

I don't see a genderbending option. Zero appeal. If there was one I pick that and
>Seer
Her power is shit but 2B is cute even if highly autistic. Her french maid outfit is top-tier.
>Sheep girl
Only remotely useful thing.

>People expect that kind of behavior
Yeah, because people are dicks and if you don't expect that you're the first one to get stabbed in the back.

You're a sad cynic.
But I guess there's nothing more to say here.

I'm the one who's not gonna get stabbed in the back.

Pick a good immortality option that won't be removed by a simple dispell then, so while they're casting it you can just go up and shank the bitch.

Always space cop.

Magic cop is a close second though.

Space cop is the best–
Pic related.

Why don't you wanna have awesome adventures with both wizards and rangers across space and time?

The Time Agent has the most freedom and the most access to all 3 worlds, so do you guys just hate fun or what?

>You get half the curse
You can't get half of immortality.
You should be glad. You failed to include a kill-switch. Have fun spending eternity in zero G ~

>The Time Agent has the most freedom and the most access to all 3 worlds
Sure, if you wanna stay put in one lowly Solar System.
Space Cop gets the who fucking Milky Way to fight crime in.
You REALLY don't wanna do a buddy cop thing with a Gray Ayy Lmao in the Green Space Babe Sector?
You could make a move out of that.
Lethal Weapon 40000.
The Gray is the sane, 'too old for this shit' Murtaugh to your crazy loose cannon human Riggs.

You can't tell me that shit isn't awesome.
Plus, the gun is cool as fuck.
You're basically a gritty combination of Judge Dredd and a Green Lantern.
It's fucking awesome.

So someone manages to damage you heavily, you use up all your souls, and then what are you gonna drink?

Why would anyone choose to be a Worm that Walks? That's a terrible way to die plus a terrible way to keep on existing.

>Orr: Gates to worlds, universes and dimensions. Environmental protection aura.
>Eiden: Infinite and photographic memory. A single spiritual form, any wounds taken are removed during transformation.
>Nyala: Any normal human body. Does not age. Immortal so long as not damaged beyond repair.
>Orta: Telekinesis. Telepathy. Mind Control.

OK. The first thing I'm doing is jumping to the Traveler CYOA (by Highlander) universe and trying to get recruited.

What's this picture from?

>Sure, if you wanna stay put in one lowly Solar System.
You can't time travel outside the solar system but absolutely nothing stops me from getting a ride out of it or simply making my own space ship. I'm a time traveler and if I can't find out when aliens have visited the planet or solar system or find out how to build my own spaceship, I'm of no use to anyone.

A time agent is stuck in this solar system only until the first time an extra-solar spaceship visits Earth. Then, they are free to bum a ride from them and the only reason to even rely on all that is if they don't have the ingenuity to build a ship themselves when they have complete access to the future.

>Succubus
A man gets lonely, okay!? Can I cuddle her afterwards or is she more of a hit it and run kind of sex demon?
>Mask
I always wanted to be The Mask as a kid. Now I can! Just with more robbery, beating shit out of assholes who piss me off, and the occasional generic super-heroing if the occasion calls for.
>Sheep Girl
I have insomnia and a stupidly thick neck that gives me sleep apnea.
Sheep girls are one of my biggest fetishes.
Can you marry your own minion? Because I think I'm in love with her.

Wizards Staff please.

You can cuddle afterwards. She is bound to your will, remember?

Glad you chose mask. No one was choosing it so I thought maybe it was a wasted option. Now I just need someone to choose Monk and mole.

Yes. You can do whatever you want to your minions. They are your complete slaves.

>Can I cuddle her afterwards
No. Just a booty-call.
Come on man, her being willing to fuck you should be enough. Don't make this worse on her.

This is great. Three solid fantasy-starters.

>The Eye
Being able to constantly learn new things is pretty cool. You made it kind of confusing though with the whole 'learning to programming in a day''. That means it's either useless since it only really teaches you the very basics of basics or very cool.

>The Mole
Ever seen the movie Jumper. I'm gonna do that.

>The Mask
This will make sure I get away with all my thieving. And with the Mole, I should be able to pull off some pretty legendary heists.

This feels like a pretty good combo.

user who chose Skele/Succ/Soldier here. The Mole was on my short-list; it was a toss-up between that and the Skeleton. It's a damn good option with a lot of applications, so don't count that one as a waste.

I offered programming as an example. Obviously you cant learn all of programming in a day, but you could ask it to teach you object-oriented programming in a day, for instance. It can teach you more advanced stuff as long as you take it step by step. You can have it teach you rocket science if you separate the blocks of information correctly. (As in a small amount each session.)

Keleira
Uwarr
Seiyna

Also, I'm the guy who grades all the potential waifus/factions in each CYOA before choosing. For those interested in my arbitrary rankings for this one, see below.
>Letalee ? Grade: B+
>Keleira ? Grade: A-
>Raessa ? Grade: C
>Uwarr ? Grade: B+ (A if I can her Beastman buddy)
>Hoppy ? Grade C-
>Keia ? Grade: C (That's a girl, I honestly can't tell)
>Londala ? Grade: F (8furry12me)
>Velatera ? Grade: C-
>Seiyna ? Grade: A-
>Phaeris ? Grade: B- (Again! What's in that dragon's pants?!)
>Sofleaves ? Grade: B

But is she okay with it? I don't want to push my overly clingingness on her if she's already willing to have sex with me for free.

The mole was my second choise after the mask. Perhaps making it a mole girl instead would make it more appealing.

Well this idiot wants to make his slave the happiest woman alive!
You're all invited to the ceremony! It'll be the 17th of Never at the beautiful Im so fucking lonely Cathedral!

I didn't curse immortality and the totem should ensure I always have a domicile of some sort. But just to be safe...

I'll curse you with the inability to feel boredom so you'll never again experience the pleasure of no fun.

And I'll curse you and one other with a wild imagination, tempting you to avoid reality and spend your life in a dream world.