Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

Lorgar is going to create Chaos Sisters, Chaos Orks, Chaos Eldar and more Edition

>Previous Thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Dark_Eldar(7E)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Tzeentch is the best god!

Just about done with my Caladius Grav Tanks and I'm so salty Custodes can't use them in 40k. May just count them as allied Fire Prisms or some shit.

Second for Taking the Knot

FEAR MY UNHOLY XENO ALLIANCE.

I fear your unholy paintjobs

Looks like the work of an 8 year old.

is playing death guard outside of the decurion worth it? losing the reroll on FNP seems huge, but I don't want the tax units.

Just play them as counts-as landraiders or something.

hope i didnt fuck up too bad

You just reroll 1s on FnP. But what tax units? The two squads of CSM? I hope you are not another flufraping disgusting bikefag.

it this a meme?

THIN

Pre-wash?

I have 6 bikes on the sprue laying around so I was thinking of using them yes

but I want lots of raptors and the deep striking helbrute formation. I'd also love to field a defiler somehow because I have had that model for ten years it seems like I've never played it in a single game ever.

Truthfully 1 squad of terminators or chosen, and 2 squads of CSM aren't the worst tax ever, but I have no plans for those units and they don't excite me too much,

Worst are the lords, which every formation requires for no reason at all. Lords are not good, unless you either kit them out or plan to use them to soak wounds/provide fearless.

Pretty good all around although I'm not too sure on the choice of base design. Did you drybrush his fingertips?

>Cheap customizable HQs aren't good unless you spend the points to customize them

You don't say?

Looks good...

The hair looks like cheese and laurel looks like cabbage though. They're hard to get right anyway.

The armor looks pretty good, especially those golden details, and the base is solid, though that green might be a little too strong.

What's a good name for a homebrew Space Marine chapter that is played as Iron Hands, is fleet based, and focuses predominantly on cleansing Space Hulks?

it isn't that they aren't good kitted up, it is just that even maxed out they are never great.

If you try to make a "budget lord" with just a little bit of wargear, like say a power weapon and a 5++ save, they end up not doing very much and you might as well have had them be a super 5 support lord.

Terminator armor on lords costs a lot while also restricting access to all the good wargear, and in some cases makes wargear more expensive. Terminator lords may be cool, but I don't think they are good at all.

Death guard have fearless already, so the only use they have for a MoN lord that is lacking gear is to take wounds, but this isn't an efficient use of points.

A fully loaded biker lord of nurgle with the mace is probably the best build, but it costs a ton of points and will make people whine about fluff or something.

I think Vrosh Tatertot is actually a really fun budget HQ, but it is impossible to beat the sorcerer on value.

no, its not a meme, i just finished guilliman and i need feed back without driving 20 miles to jew-dubz
i dont understand what a pre-wash is
thanks. i only have yriel yellow and i dont want to buy more colors around this range to make the hair better, hehe, but it looks better in person...the laurel too
the finger tips are drybrushed in calgar blue

Iron Cleansers
Steel Scourers
I dunno, I'm about to pass out

YOUR

The Reclaimers
Steel Vultures
Iron Jackals
Scrap Wardens
Derelict Divers
Rust Angels
Star Eaters

MEMES

BODY

THIN BODY = THIN PAINT
SCULPTED ABS = SCULPTED GREEN STUFF

I'd recommended touching it up and going over it with a highlight as it looks chipped and unfinished. Same goes for the red on your purity seals. Excellent job on the sword and face, the face especially. Oh, last thing I'd recommend is darkening his hair so it doesn't look like he's wearing a wig made out of sweetcorn.

>implying Lorgar isn't a giant chaos spawn since there are no undivided chaos daemon Princes besides Belacuck

What about Iron Pete?

>6 Reavers w/2 Meltas and 2 Caltrops vs a Razorwing Fighter
What should i take most of the time? I keep pondering this everytime i take my army down to play

reavers

i think they are way better

question about 30k: What's a flare shield actaully do, mechanically?

How's my Iron Warriors/Renegades list?

Forgot pic

Hmm might need to put the RJF in the shop unless i know they have flyers then

it's okay

Tracking system that displaces energy in a projected cone to reduce incoming fire.

Crunchwise: Flare Shields reduce the strength of all shooting attacks in your Front-armour by 1 point, except for the case of Blasts, in which it reduces it by 2

Fluffwise: Flare Shields work in a completely different direction from other shields in the setting. The Automantic Shield explosively detonates and deflects projectiles before they reach the target, while the Void Shields outright absort anything that strikes them. Flare Shields totally defy the convention by causing impacts to spread out over a larger area.

Say a HEAT round impacts against the hull of your tank? With the flare shield active, it causes the initial impact and penetrative force to be spread out over a wide area. "Power equals force divided by distance", and it increases the distance function of that equation.

Star Chasers

Great job on the armour!

My only suggestion would be so make a smoother transition between the orange of the blade and the yellow stripes going across it, and possibly make them follow the direction of the flames a bit more.

Something like pic related.

These are interesting and have put me in the right direction, thank you guys.

Any suggestions for a fun and fast dark eldar list?

So far I have:
2 Raiders
1 Venom
20 warroirs
6 Jet bikes
5 Incubi
2 Sslyths
And a Archeon (or whatever they are called)

Anything obvious that I need to make this a fun list?

thanks user. i know i could work on the sword a little more. thanks for the tip

>The warrior known only as the Visarch was the first of the Eldar to harness the power of a Cronesword. He was once known as Exarch Laarian, but since encountering the Daughter of Shades, he has become something stranger and more unsettling than one of Khaine’s shrinekeepers. Once an Exarch of considerable standing upon Biel-Tan, the Visarch taught Yvraine in her former life as an Aspect Warrior. Seeing much potential in her acrobatic skills, he was greatly saddened when she left his shrine. He could barely accept that she had forsaken the way of the Dire Avenger in favour of the Witch Path, but when she later chose the way of the Outcast, and eventually a life of murder and moral decrepitude in Commorragh, his spirit broke. Though he would not admit it to himself, the depths of his feelings for Yvraine diverted his course. In a nighunprecedented lapse of tradition, the Visarch left his shrine in the hands of his foremost disciples, breaking the faith of the Exarch tradition to follow Yvraine along the dark thread of fate she had made for herself. Posing as an Incubus, he fought his way to a position of prominence in the Dark City, the better to keep watch over his ward. In the grand shrine of the Scarlet Incubi the Visarch discovered the first of the Croneswords, a great weapon – known as the Sword of Silent Screams – that was used by the shrine’s Klaivex as if it were no more than a powered blade. Sensing the relic’s import, Laarian struck down the Klaivex and took the sword as right of conquest. Perhaps it was this act that saw him embody the ancient Eldar more than most; perhaps it was his ceaseless study of the arts of death that drew him close to Ynnead. Perhaps it was fate alone. From that moment on, however, Laarian found a deep and spiritual connection with the God of the Dead. He has served him ever since – and in doing so, been drawn to Yvraine’s side once more.

So is he her adoptive dad or cuckold?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Dark_Eldar(7E)
It's sink or swim in the Dark City little Kabalite

Though you've got the basic Archon + bodyguard in the Venom and 2 Gunboat squads

2x10 warriors w/Splinter Cannon in Raider with Night Shields and Splinter Racks
2x3 Reavers with Caltrops
Archon with Husk Blade and Shadowfield and 4 Incubi inside the venom with splinter cannons

What are you guys doing while we wait on the next edition?
Still playing games?

I'd say he's basically her once Drunk Dad who, after seeing her all grown up, decides to sort his shit out

Getting into AoS

Its ok

Nope scrap, that's the WD backstory.

Here's the real one :

>The Visarch stalking Yvraine until she pulled the sword out of Biel-tan infinity circuit and gift him. There, the end. He done absolutely nothing from that poine.

>pre-wash

I'm asking if this is before you throw a wash on the whole thing to mute the more vivid bits somewhat.

Waiting for Shadow War, hoping that will keep me hyped enough while we wait for 8th.

I'm excited to get into a game system that will be set up so that the only investment I'll have to make if I want to start a new army will be a $40 box of models as opposed to the $200+ it takes to get most armies to 1,500 points in 40K proper.

Lacking in anti-tank, consider trueborn with blasters and scourages with haywire

Going to be playing Shadow War, and a guy in my group wants to introduce more people to Blood Bowl.

Thanks

Also Yvraine is the first to discover the cronesword. She pulled it out from her ass. That's what's in the book.

needs more anti-tank

the venoms make for fantastic trueborn carry squads.
use a squad of 5, give 4 blasters, drop them on the venom.

I'd run at least 2 of those, or you can do 1 trueborn squad and some scourges, similarly kitted out.

jetbikes are also great. incubi make fantastic archon guards, slap them on another venom(or a raider if you get maybe a couple more sslyths/more incubi)

I'm also a huge fan of taloses, but they're not exactly fast, and fluffwise don't make sense to be without a haemonculus(who kinda suck unless you kit them out with covens shit)

ty

>Steel Scourers

Ughhh THICCC

If you wanted to be tryhard, like me, here's what you could aim for at 2k

and by tryhard i mean All or nothing Victory

>that archon loadout
for what purpose?

>Blaster for drivebys
>Sword(AP3) for backup if he gets into combat
>SF for 2++ save if the bodyguard fail

>Chaos Sisters
Isn't that Miriael's job?

God I really hope her and Celestine go at it.

Like I want to see them both on near equal footing.

>blaster
misses out on extra melee attacks if you kept them with a blast pistol
>ap3 power sword
huskblade is the same thing with instant death, agonizer is poisoned AND ap3

pretty sure miriael is either canon dead or squatted.

>Archons are supposed to be in melee
Nope

If you want a Melee DE HQ you go Succy w/Glaive and Armour of Misery

That would be badass, though I don't see how Miri would stand a chance unless she got some serious buffs (or just swarmed Celestine with Fallen Sisters).

>Implying she could do shit to Celestine unless they competed in lesbian sex
>Swarmed with Fallen Sisters
She is the only "fallen sister" still.

considering they haven't touched SoB fluff in any meaningful way in over a decade it's hard to say.

Is a Leman Russ punisher with 3x heavy bolters any use against MEQ? Assuming no Commander/Pask.

Hyped for Shadow War, hoping my Orks can be decent in that. Already intrigued as to what Snazzguns do.

>bullets, blasts and grenades

>Assuming no Pask
you'd do better with a battle cannon

Newp. Corrupted SoBs have been a thing ever since Daemonifuge. They're just ridiculously rare and the Ecclesiarchy usually takes care of them before anyone finds out about it. Miriael's unique in that she's the only sister who willingly fell.

I love the sound of some of these rule changes.

I'm just really hoping this is a sign of what's to come in 8th.

>terminator armour 3+ on 2d6

CHAOS SISTERS
CHAOS SISTERS
CHAOS SISTERS

Definately. More than anything I want the game to step back from the knight/flier/superheavy fuckery, though.

>Chaos Sisters
>When there haven't been new loyalist Sisters in twenty years

They fucked off to Chaos

Can't wait for Terminators to be Great Again

Anyone got an cool Trukk conversions?

There better be nobs in that naut

New Renegade epub when?

Gathering Storm Companion book epub when?

I hope this isn't a forshadowing of what kind of weapon stats we might get in 8h edition.

It's cool to see them use 2D6 on a 3+ save for Terminator Armor.

Space Janitors

Custodes a worthwhile ally to take for Space Marines? Got a squad for my birthday today but I'm still new to the hobby and only have the Space Marine SC Box, 2 x SM tactical squads and three rhinos. I've only been playing pretty low point games because of my lack of models and wondering if it's worth taking Custodes as allies in low point games.

DRINK
YOUR
PAINT
WATER

How acceptable, on a scale of 1 - forge world, is it to use a contemptor in place of an ironclad dreadnought?

I have contemptors from B@C/custodes box, but I want to use a dreadnought with a drop pod so I'd be forced to use an ironclad.

*cough* Geminae Superia *cough*

Is two Leman Russes good for 1000pts of Guard? They're supporting each of my two platoons.

Not especially. They're basically super vets. Marines don't really need even more elite troops. Don't let that stop you if you like them though. You can still make it work.

Veeky Forums orkses in a 1000p game would you rather have 6 killa kans backed by a deff dread kitted with rokkits or ditch 3 kans for some tankbustaz in a trukk?

Those tankbustaz. Or some Mek Guns.

even with BS3 kans armed with rokkits?

i have 2 mek guns that im running as zzap guns atm

ive got 2 trukks of boys with rokkits plus a dread and 3 kans all armed with rokkits.

i cant decide whether to get another 3 rokkit kans or bash some tankbustas together and buy another trukk.

How does this look for 1250? I am trying to make a CAD, since I normally tend to try formations and I might be at too low point levels to make it work.

Combat squad the tacs, park the heavy + 4 on an objective, send the rest to pursue another.

Cents in a drop pod, drop hopfully near the rhino team to tear up some big guys.

Lib w/ prescience joins LC devs in the defense line for rerolls.

Chap with the bikes