Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does /pfg/ like elves, or is it all about the animal races and the tieflings around here? When was the last time you saw an elf in a /pfg/ game app?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Dragons 2 was last night. Here's a more detailed recap of the last part

>Shitty memedog attempts to move plot forward by talking with not!Jessica Rabbit's rival
>Gets annoyed with all the barbs and insults being thrown
>Gets REALLY annoyed when a quarter of the session goes by discussing Calsica's tits
>Annoyance level reaches MAXIMUM when they get ambushed
>And nobody was on the lookout
>They were all looking at Calsica's tits
>Memedogs face when they're surrounded by dragons with axes and fireballs all ready prepped

How have your sessions gone, /pfg/?

I like the elves. I play a lot of half-elves with cute elf parents, like a Qadiran Bloodrager whose mom owned his elven father, or an Andoran cleric whose elven mother abandoned him because she was a murder hobo who wanted to go fight demons.

The half-elves from BF:I basically sum up my opinion from them. Racist shits who need to remove the entire uprooted trees from their collective assholes.

What's your opinion of Half-Elves who are the children of Half-Elves.

There are half-elves in Battlefield I?

Cashmere and Gloriana are gunna meet a river monster tonight! That might be several monster statblocks stapled together! And they're only level 3!

My ex-wife liked them, but I find them less compelling somehow. I've always gravitated towards the human/elf couple, in varying configurations. Another I used was retired adventurer's elf buddy pays him a visit years later to hang out, and falls for his cute daughter. The child grew up to become an earnest, Torm-fearing Paladin of Devotion with a loving noble family.

I've got my own 'original' idea for elves which I might use for some future setting.

High-magic, super advanced as usual, but with one difference. Due to some 'they delved too greedily' shit, they all got mind-blanked, and are now cared for by their legions of leftover automaton servants- almost a Bioshock Big Daddy relationship.

Means that when you see an elf, in ten minutes one of two things are going to happen- a drop of spit is going to spill down its mouth, or a brass metal man is going to appear and knock you into the next state while gently leading the elf back to its rocking chair.

Stealing the fuck out of this.

Is one of those monsters a Dire Octopus?

Nice to see some PF/FR, user.

He was from Tethyr. It was pretty fun.

The other one is on the limit?

Anyway, 2 (out of 4) of my players were captured during a raid on a lair of some smugglers. Their ringleader, a mage, will put a geas on them.
What should I have them do?
Have them try to expose a rival company?

Some sort of tentacled monstrosity, no doubt.

So RotJR is tomorrow. Will Ameiko be having a litter of fluffy abominations now? Will her future subjects ever be willing to listen to a bunch of noble brats that bark?

My last campaign was in and around Tethyr. FR beats the piss outta Golarion, you ask me.

>Does /pfg/ like elves, or is it all about the animal races and the tieflings around here?

Elves are a pretty shit race, but most races are. Like all Tolkien races, they usually accomplish nothing that humans can't already do and generally just serve as a stereotype crutch, instead of allowing players to create characters with actually non-human alien traits. If an animal race is played like an intelligent animal that walks upright, you could probably create some interesting scenarios. That said, most people are too terrified of furries and just "Refluff" them as anime girls wearing animal accessories.

Half-gnoll? Not sure I've seen that. Bloodforge?

>the she's a trap

She has tits.

What do you mean non-human alien traits? Give an example. In the end it actually comes down to the setting. Angels can be made alien as fuck but most people don't want to play angels that act alien.

No one but Vult knows

>imagine their disappointment when nothing lewd happens

part of the HRT treatment.

if she's on HRT it's not a trap, it's a trans girl. traps have to be guys, that's the POINT.

So what's the detailed recap that isn't entirely focused on how important Rory is?

>What do you mean non-human alien traits?
At the very least, a race that isn't just human with a weird skin color. In a high magic system I feel like all races should be four-legged/ooze/plant/construct/swarm of bees/whatever balanced for lvl 1-20. Shit like vishkanya, gillmen and fetchling just seem really boring to me.

Or even full blooded. Getting gnoll-knocked in an AP with Lamashtu around seems likely to do that. Maybe fiendish too.

But why?

Generally what they accomplish is to be a peaceful society in harmony with nature...something humans can't accomplish and that's why elves lose and die out vs human societies.

Or elves are represented as just being pointy eared long lived humans.

Ameiko didn't get penetrated in FotJR, and if she did the gnoll didn't finish in her. You're thinking of SotJR.

Right, which is tomorrow as stated in and then SotRL has Quinn pups, maybe. Depends on if the gnoll finished at least once before it got killed.

Wait strike that, read it all dyslexic and fucked up the days. My bad.

>How much of a shit show do you guys think it would have been if I had said the girls in Vanaheim (Titania's influence) are like russian roulette except with penises instead of bullets?
>t. Vult

Playing blingmaker. Two player party. Last character died in a random encounter with a whiptail on plains that rolled a nat 20 for initiative.

25 point buy at a flat rate (5 for 15, 8 for 18, etc)

Lv 3, can include up to a +1 template.

Was considering were-tiger beastmorph vivissectionist, but the wife's playing a shadow halfling rogue and I really want to give her room to shine, so what's the best support character?

Wizard with a template that gives int would probably work, but what else is there?

Man, that guy just keeps getting worse and worse.

Forgot to mention the template is free of cost.

>How dare he include [kink] in his smut gane!

So rolling a cleric for a 20 pb paizo only game of hells vengeance. Not sure if I should grab an archetype or not. Any suggestions?

Ecclesitheurge is pretty great if you need to buff party members without expending spell slots.

A S M O D E A N

A D V O C A T E

It's pretty shit, but it's flavorful. For broken stuff, consider a Theologian with the nobility domain, if your GM allows leadership.

>You’ve studied the methods of both elven and human spellcasters. Pick two classes when you gain this trait—your caster level in each of those classes is treated as 1 higher as long as this doesn’t raise your caster level above your total Hit Dice. This doesn’t stack with any similar increase from traits such as Magical Knack.

Does this work with a Prestige Classes? Say you pick Arcane Trickster and Wizard. Do you get 2 caster levels? RAW it seems pretty obvious to me.

Are they feminine penises ?

I was kind of leaning to that, the lack of armor is making me hesitant though.
I took a look at that, unfortunately I want to pick up undeath domain so I can channel heal my party in a pinch.

btw, it's called Bifurcated Magic, half elf only race trait.

I would've been more excited if he also said the men from Vanaheim occasionally sport members of bestial proportion, or even design.

But nah, gotta put dicks on the girls. That's the good stuff.

Not unless your prestige class has a caster level, such as red mantis assasin.

>the lack of armor is making me hesitant though.

Consider the fact you shouldn't be on the frontlines in the first place!

Can I trust my party to not get me killed though?

They need to have their own caster level? Isn't it enough that it applies caster level from a different caster class?

I don't know, can you?

No because they do not have a caster level they add +1 level of an existing class.

If he had said that, all of the apps would have been from there.

I just feel weird putting that much reliance on my party to keep me alive early game, I guess once I hit level 3 it will be better, but 10 ac and 8 hp scares me.

Hmm, I guess that makes sense.

here

Have you never played a caster before

Ranged attacks son.
Not him, but 10 AC HP 8 casters fucking die in real games. pretty fucking fast too.

If you have 10 AC and 8 HP then maybe you should have 20 INT for boatloads of spells

Yes and cleric seems to lack a lot of the low level spells to keep shit near you shut down or unable to act against you.

you should have more than 10 ac...

Shield, Mage armor, and some dex should all boost it up

Won't save you from a stray arrow knocking you int negatives.

We are discussing cleric with one of the Archetypes that trade away armor and weapon prof.

Sleep / Color Spray / Daze + Magic Missile lad
and every single level 1 character can die fucking fast

If only there were spells to do that!
Shield and Mage Armor don't require proficiency and don't interfere with Blessing of the Faithful.

If you're using an archetype like that, chances are that you won't be making attack rolls anyway, so non-proficiency penalties don't matter.

So how does acid pit work against items? Is it 1 at a time until they're broken or does the GM use the chart to figure out what he rolls first before rolling everything?

So, what's the final judgement on Monster Hunter's Handbook? It can't be 100% shit right? I know there's got to be a couple usable things in there, even if it's just spells.

Sheild and mage armor are not on the cleric list.
There is divine Sheild but that is only two ac.
Armor turns off a class ability that can hand out +2 basically everything for a round to an ally in close range.

wands nigguh

its 100% shit

Wands that require the spell to be on your spell list?

yes, because no one in your party has any arcane spells and none of them pack UMD

Even the feat that gives characters Favored Enemy, and the Psychodermist?

My party is an antipaladin, a cavalier, and a slayer.

Than the party was a ticking time bomb anyway.

le Fireball Faec

Maybe playing an ubersquish backliner isn't worth it then.

Play a fucking bard, you'll support better and be more durable.

Paizo has lost even the ability to put gems in shit, it's just shit now.

MHH was wasted potential and we both know Ironfang Invasion is going to be atrocious.

quads of truth.

We did class selection in a weird way. So I am stuck with cleric.

quit the game then, if you can't play whatever character class you like then its trash anyways

>Amber Scott leading Ferric Onslaught

SAUSAGE PAIZO

>bad wrong fun
I am fine with playing cleric I am just getting ideas for how to play it.
I like getting put out of the comfort zone of what I usually default to.

Fuck swimming eagle for ending apps early.

I hope this salty post brings SOMEBODY some enjoyment because I sure don't have any.

this has nothing to do with badwrongfun and everything to do with a party that is headed for disaster with no arcane caster

Don't play an Ecclesitheurge, its going to get you killed and its shitty little buff won't help you at all.

Play an Evangelist Cleric instead, you're a pseudo-bard at least and you'll be able to buff your party from the backlines better and safer.

Let the campaign burn, user. This is the bed SwimmingEagle made, I'm sure he's loving it.

Nobody playing is actually upset.

Why is everyone so salty.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME WHO GOT IN.

ME!

over who

>thread discussion of hunter builds a while ago
How the fuck did I miss this. Rocs are the fucking coolest shit, I want to ride one and have my party HALO jump off it with featherfall into mobs of enemies. Too bad I never get into games that aren't generic dungeon delving. Wanting to ride the fantasy equivalent of a B-52 is suffering.

SHITTY MEMEDOG

Why?

The complete non-characters that are Rorymei and Liozis. What the fuck have they been doing these past sessions, nobody's mentioned them ONCE in a greentext.

what makes you better than the shitty memedog

I want to Roc. Can't stop the Roc.

Rorymei and Liozis just aren't LOUD personalities like the rest.

Uh, just because you're taking hormones doesn't mean you're magically no longer a guy.

Like okay it's one thing to accept it if they've gone so far as to get that plastic surgery and change the outtie into an innie, but until then they're just someone who *wants* to be a girl.

I want to be an astronaut, but it would be inaccurate and somewhat decietful to start demanding everyone call me one when I've never gone past the stratosphere. As much as I want to be one: I. Am. Not. One.

>Nobody here likes anything Paizo puts out
>Nobody here likes anything 3rd party pubs put out
>Nobody here likes the system it's based on
>Nobody here even likes the system
>Nobody here likes the crowd Pathfinder attracts

So why does any of you even play, want to play or pretend to play Pathfinder if none of you can be satisfied with anything that is even remotely associated with the system, it's publishers, it's 3rd part pubs and especially anything related to anything that has come out of /pfg/ in the last....how old is the general again?

What the fuck does RotJR even stand for?

>all of /pfg/ is one person