my.mixtape.moe/fqkobr.pdf
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Og19lrbA7Sb0IzcDNFUHJYRWc/view?usp=sharing
files.catbox.moe/7gdd77.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drop a PDF

I'll deliver because OP won't.

my.mixtape.moe/fqkobr.pdf

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Og19lrbA7Sb0IzcDNFUHJYRWc/view?usp=sharing

Core Rulebook. I've also got the Advanced Player's Guide but unfortunately that is still watermarked so I'm not giving it out. A clean version got sent to the pdf share thread awhile back, though.

>share your impressions on the game
For all its little burs, niggles, and occasional moments of pants-on-head translation I love this game. The magic system--the buildup of Corruption as a limiter to casting--is wonderfully thematic and satisfying to play around with.

The roll-under has two advantages; a player knows immediately whether they've succeeded or not once the die stops clattering, and all modifiers are applied beforehand. It does seem to err on the side of failure for things outside your specialty, but that may be a function of the relatively low "standard array" that the CRB gives players.

I also like the intense focus on players-- you roll to defend instead of the DM rolling an attack against you. This both cuts down on the "downtime" a player experiences between their turns (being attacked is not suffered passively, but involves the player rolling dice) and offloads some of the monster turn onto players ("the troll swings its staff at you, -3 take 5 damage on a hit").

>share your adventures
Currently working through the Copper Crown and enjoying it immensely. The books are gorgeous, the maps are useful, and the setting drips with flavor.

do you have any advices for building a Self-taught Mystic who knows how to use swords?

so its been something I've been meaning to get into, any tips on tackling it?

how does it stack compared to anima?

The Sorcery Tradition is your friend and is specifically for self-taught folks. Although it is the only tradition that doesn't protect you from the permanent Corruption you get whenever you learn a new spell, Sorcery is AWESOME at letting you cast more frequently (its Novice tier ability lets you ablate the 1d4 temp. Corruption down to just 1).

You will want a high Resolute.

Pick spells which you will be using a lot--rather than those which are cool but situational--as you'll build permanent Corruption faster than other folks.

If you want ways to counteract that permanent Corruption you'll either have to invest in a second Tradition (I'd suggest Wizardry personally) or Loremaster (which will eventually let you cast from scrolls rather than have to spend XP on the spells).

The APG has some great stuff for Sorcery, including one called Black Breath. Get it. It's dope.

If you want to know how to use swords you have a couple options;
- Sword Saint (from the APG) for a duelist
- Feint/Backstab for sneaky stabbing fucker
- Shield Master for sword-and-board
- Twin Attacks for if you can't figure it out there's something wrong with you

The important thing is to recognize that, since you'll want Resolute as your top Attribute (15), you'll need to be careful about which to make your Secondary (13). My preference is to grab something that shifts the attack Attribute off of Accurate and onto something like Discreet or Persuasive. That will ultimately cut down on how thinly you have to spread your stats.

I'd love to give advice. Tips on tackling what, precisely? I can't give a comparison to Anima since I've never played nor read Anima.

i tried reading the book, and i fell in love with a lot of the lore. but as for the classes it kinda threw me for a bit so i put it down, haven't had a look since.

Right. So one of the things to recognize about Symbaroum is that classes don't exist. The "Archetypes" listed in the book are merely collections of Spells/Abilities which, taken together, help evoke the traditional purview of a class.

But you are not bound by them whatsoever.

Instead, at character generation you get to select 50xp worth of stuff (the book simplifies this as either 5 Novice-tier Abilties or 1 Adept and 2 Novice).

Abilities and Spells all come in three tiers, Novice/Adept/Master.
- It costs 10xp to buy at Novice.
- It costs +20xp to go from Novice to Adept (so 30xp to buy straight to Adept)
- It costs +30xp to go from Adept to Master

The point is, buy what you want. I can give some guidance on efficient abilities to buy together, and what works well and such but ultimately Symbaroum wants you to make a character whole cloth. Don't feel limited by the stereotypes of D&D.

When you purchase a Spell, you gain 1 permanent Corruption UNLESS you have also purchased a Tradition which says otherwise. The Wizardry Tradition, for example, lists a number of spells and if you have purchased it then those spells do not give you permanent Corruption to purchase.

This is all Core Rulebook stuff. The Advanced Player's Guide expands; it includes something called "advanced professions" and Boons/Burdens.

Boons are small mechanical bonuses to specific things (+1 when trying to lift shit off someone) and cost 5xp each. They're a nice way to round out a character and give 'em more flavor.

Burdens are weaknesses, flaws etc. that actually unlock 5xp for you to spend whenever you take one. I only allow my players 1 Burden at character generation.

"advanced professions" are essentially Archetypes but when you take all the listed prerequisites, you unlock a unique ability you may buy into. Off the top of my head these are Demonologist, Illusionist, Greenseer, Gentleman Thief, Ironborn, Wrath Guard and something else I can't recall.

This any help so far?

because i have this idea in mind.
An human kidnapped by elves when it was a kid, he learns how to fight and cast spells with elves, than he decided to escape from them for knowing theyr real counterparts.
Since in our little group we need and archer and ane explorer i want to use sixth sense and backstab for dumbing accurate, and i also want to pick some "magic" with witchsight

Okay, what is this?
What's the theme.
What makes It cool?

Sell me that shit.

The APG includes rules for "Ironborn Humans" which is what you describe, those children taken by Elves and raised as part of the Iron Pact. Consult with your DM about this-- the Iron Pact is a big deal in the lore, and their relationship to the Ambrian kingdom is more than strained it is nearly openly antagonistic.

Sixth Sense would let you shift from Accurate to Vigilant for ranged, it is pretty nice.

Witchsight is a good ability on its own. If you want to add in proper spells I'd suggest the Witchcraft Tradition.

Symbaroum is a system that breaks from several of the D&D sacred cows mechanically. Notable, there are no classes and you instead purchase abilities ad hoc in three different tiers. It also, as I've mentioned, shifts one's defense from a passive threshold the DM must beat in order to hurt you. Instead, it is rolled in the same way one might an attack (roll to see if you defend, and if not, how much damage your armor absorbs).

It also makes spellcasting an inherently dangerous and limited thing; knowing magic nets you "Corruption", and the simple act of casting nets you temporary "Corruption". Get too much of this at once and you turn into a slavering abomination fit only for a quick death. Though dedicated spellcasters have means to ablate the corruptive effects of their magic, it never goes away. Magic is never safe, magic is never kind.

The setting comes in two parts; the burgeoning Ambrian kingdom made up of humans fleeing a previous homeland which is now an undead inhospitable wasteland, and the massive forest of Davokar which is most aptly described as "magical Chernobyl populated by super violent elves and super violent barbarians and a bunch of shit that will just fuck your whole day up". The Ambrian kingdom often sends expeditions into Davokar because, as dangerous as it is, you can find amazing treasures from the ruins of the old Symbaroum Empire.

Good game, i like the setting a lot, but there is one problem with the system.
It's too easy to make overpowered character with broken skill combos. I literally had a goblin warrior that was impossible to hit without a crit.
Now, this could've easily been solved with some more playtesting, so i think it should be fixed soon enough.

To add onto this each spellcaster in thr APG have their own focused variants. For example the demonologist that summons super corrupted monsters from a world beyond our own

The witches of the white path that walk the lands of the dead communing with ghost for secrets lost

The witches of the red path that command blood and wield their enmies own against them.

The symbolist a mage that crafts magic as symbols which allow them to mitgate corruption heavily but take time to draw.

There are a bunch more. Some were already listed.

I dont know about this build specifically but they did release a fairly detailed errata that i believe adjusted/clarified how some skills work together.

Yes it does help, thank you, wen im back from work ill pop the book open again.

thank you very much

and if the threads still up you'll be hearing from me, whining how does x y and f work

To add to this anons material there are a considerable number of secrets and plot hooks built into the setting itself. Such as the queen of the ambrians was taken captive by the dark lords during the war. She survived years of torture broke out of the dungeons and turned the war around. However it fucked her all up so now she wears a mask and almost never talks. The question is, is the.person under the mask still the queen or is it an imposter?

Or the fact that the humans of old symbaroum supposedly had several methods of become god like beings and were heralded as the civilization that could never die. But something happened to it, and dead it lies...

Theres alot of cool material.

I'd love to know more about this combo-- the system admittedly does have some pretty broken combinations.

For example, never let your players take Regeneration via the Dark Blood Boon. And there are a lot of ways to stack armor such that conventional hits are trivial.

Which is where poison comes in. Those kinds of balances don't work, though. In my experience, it has been enough to ask my players not to take the obviously broken combinations.

>. I literally had a goblin warrior that was impossible to hit without a crit.
tell us more

That sounds awesome. Is it available for sale in stores?

I've never seen it in stores, no. I don't think it has hit that level of popularity and I know their operation is small. Your best bet is to order a physical book if you want (you always get a digital copy of it as well).

So far I think they've translated most Symbaroum content into English but they just Kickstarted the translation for a new campaign. Dunno when that's expected to close up.

I bought mine in a game store in Columbus Ohio. So they're out there. I know you can get it on Amazon and on the Modiphius website.

The kickstarter has like 10 more days on it. ETA for released translated book is june. Beta in Late april/early may

>Core Rulebook. I've also got the Advanced Player's Guide but unfortunately that is still watermarked so I'm not giving it out. A clean version got sent to the pdf share thread awhile back, though.
I've delivered a clean version before, and I'll do it again!
files.catbox.moe/7gdd77.pdf