Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

How to fix Orks Edition

>Previous Thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First of Slaanesh best of dark gods!

For Lord Commander.

Glory to the four armed emperor!

How long does it take you to squig back on after you squiggoth?

does anyone know if theres a repository for Black Library audio books anywhere on mega.nz or any other site?

>orks
>having gargantuan creatures
Silly ork players, only Tau and eldar are allowed those.

Shootas or Sluggas on Blood Axes?

Around 24 grots, if you got some experience.

None, because Orks are shit

Plastic Hierodule when?

But Tau have the Great Kn... it is a huge robot the one with GMC.

The flying fuck?! Why?!

I have a hundred point game today against space marines with my harlequins/dark eldar. I am really looking forward to it. Last night I was able to take out tau (who are really good against my list) She killed my reavers turn 1 with smart missiles and a bad leadership role. I then had to flat out my star weaver right in front of broadsides and a riptide, but that let my yncarne come in. High lights of the game were all but my troupe master died to over watch from broadsides, fire warriors and a riptide. The troupe master then killed the whole broadside unit over the course of 4 turns.

my list:
3x medusa in a venom w/ splinter cannons

5x harlequin troupe with kisses in a starweaver
5x harlequin troupe with caresses in a starweaver

3x reavers w/ 1 cluster caltrop
5xscourge w/ 4 heat lance

Yncarne, avatar of ynead

Which is better, the avatar of Ken or the avatar of Ned?

i assume you mean 1000 points

this list actually sounds comfy as fuck

What BS are they at? With cover-mods Orks will never hit anything if they're BS 2. 5+ becomes 6+ followed by 4+ - JUST TO HIT. Then you have to make an ammo roll for rolling that 6. Go Sluggas.

>for the lord Goldman
>for Terra
Yeah sure

Wraithknight.

>cool as fuck model
>has god tier stats
>Cons: everyone hates you and you have to wait for the nerf codex to have your favorite bro become acceptable

Err... I meant when you're firing at a target in hard cover, by the way (-2 to hit).

shootas

blood axes are tactical

But in Shadow war there are 'to hit modifiers' and Orks are BS 2.

>wait for the nerf codex
But eldars cannot be nerfed, they will be only buffed.

Yeah 1000 points.

The list is fun to play with. I just got the Yncarne so I don't know how overpowered it is but I fucking love the model and I am going to play it. I feel like I have a little bit of everything. Bikes for grabbing objectives, scourge for vehicles (though the caress harlies can do that too) the yncarne as an all around badass. Medusa last night dropped down, blasted away a unit of firewarriors and then soul burst and killed 3 drones, a crisis suit and 2 wounds on a commanded. I really like them, too bad wraith guard are better in every way.

I visited my lgs today and they had labeled a box of stormcast eternal as "wh40k - warhammer 40000". I don't know if it was accident or some of the clerks jesting but I found it funny.

cool story bro

yncarne isnt as much overpowered as it is just hyper mobile and really annoying to kill if you dont alpha strike it, its not on the level of reborn warhost or the wraithknights

> there are 'to hit modifiers'
Negative and postive, mate. And not every piece of cover is heavy cover.

This is necromunda, not jungle fighting. Half the game is maneuvering around trying to catch people from behind or out of cover. And the shoota gives you a larger short range band for that all-important +1 to hit modifier.

Anyone else worried about the leaked Shadow Wars Armageddon rules?

Power axes went from being stout against infantry armor to having no save modifier.

Frag missiles have better save modifier than bolters.

Flamers are gonna be pretty powerful.

Is this the way 8th edition is going or are they going to have different weapon stats just for that game?

Never also it's 200 points overcosted as is traditional for a tyranid unit.

>killed Tau in melee

Wow.

Congratulations anyway user. Nice looking list you have there too. How have your harlequins been treating you now with the Ynnari release? Or did you even play them before that happened?

I'm curious as I love Harlequin models and would love to make a cc oriented list with them and DE.

wew eldar hello brother!

So I always hear people complain about eldar and tau but why does no one complain about demons? Demons is consistently top tier with more toys given to them all the time. They won adepticon with packs of 12" moving 2++ rerollable death stars. Complain about a wraith knight or riptide all you want but at least you can reliably kill them.

You sure it wasn't just a box of Custodes?

as has been said every time someone posts rules from shadow war, it's just fucking 2e rules. They said from the very beginning that it's deliberately just necromunda with a different skin.

not a secret preview of 8e

Kek. The nerf to end all nerfs. So if orks shoot on a unit in hard cover forever you need nearly as many orks as necessary wounds to wip that unit.

>Korks are a melee race

>Riptides
>in a 1000pt game
Fucking disgusting.

>Power axes went from being stout against infantry armor to having no save modifier
You gain a rend value from your strength so the +3 strength from an axe would transform in to -4 rend on a strength 4 space marine ignoring 3+ saves and reducing a 2+ in to a 6+.

It also means a marine with an axe is as powerful as a marine with a plasma gun but with slightly worse rend.

I have a feeling I am going to get wrecked by eldar whenever I get to play them. I have nothing to deal with those bikes

How did they get the second 2++? Grimoire makes one, but you'd need Forewarning+Cursed Earth+Warp Storm to get it on another unless I'm being stupid for some reason.

The issue is that it's hard to reliably kill Wraithknight and Tau for a LOT of armies. Wraithknights and Riptides are also added to almost every list in those factions. The winning Chaos Daemons list is effectively a really good monobuild that was spawned from jank rules interaction. Eldar and Tau are just significantly more powerful and undercosted compared to every other faction.

He had Yncarne. One riptide against that is nothing to worry about.

Git gud.

What's the best way to field skitarii peltasts?

I don't know. Does it read "STORMCAST ETERNALS" on a custodes box?

grimoire + cursed earth on screamers = instant 2++ rerollable, you dont need forewarning because they already have 5++

screamerstar is a very common daemon setup, add in fateweaver to reroll the grimoire check to make it more reliable

Are GK useless without Dreadknights?
Can you just stick to Dreadnoughts instead?

Hey man, no need to get upset. I'm just assuming you're a retard at first, because this is Veeky Forums.

new 40k is comming - rep info

May 27 announcement in Warhammer fest and June white dwarf issue
Release june 2017 (exact date is unknown maybe june 3)

It was 1 troupe master against 2 broadsides and 2 missile drones. I am still a t3 sv5++ 1w model.

Ynnari is really good for the harlequins. You don't get to run and charge anymore but you also don't need to run three units and a voidweaver. One of the best things was the updated FAQ where you can soulburst from a wrecked vehicle. You need your starweavers to get you across the board but at av10 2hp they die fast. Now you can forgo shooting and do a suicide run, flat out right in front of a unit and wait. If that unit doesn't have ap1 or 2 chances are they are just going to wreck your starweaver and you can charge into them. Yncarne is also nice as his 12" FNP bubble increases the survivability of your guys a little.

Convert a dreadnought and dreadknight together to make a less baby-carriage, more contemporary dread styled thing.
Dreadknights are the best thing in that codex.

Yes but that only gets one 2++, like I said.

The guy said "packs of 2++" implying more than one.

Yes.
No.

As many as you can reasonably field in pockets around the board. Maybe put them in shooting range of your own Knight or something similar to give it a Cover save.

Are there any high S/poison/fleshbane, low ap high rate of fire weapons on a cheap enough platform to make it spamable against wraightstuff?

AGE OF EMPRAH

>Orks and Nids are still shit

Sounds like a good idea. Any tutorial? I'm new to the hobby

dreadnoughts are pretty shit dude

slow, easy to kill, no access to force, cant deepstrike

dreadknights has force, better weapons, can move 12" and can shunt 30" once a game. can deepstrike turn 1

ah i see what you mean, i thought he just meant multiple models with 2++

>How to fix Orks

finally release some Sistaz o' Waaagh! miniatures!
this surely will help, right? right?

Yeah, guess even Broadsides should actually beat that before they are both killed.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Would you take one blob of 20 and 3 units of 10?
What knight would you suggest?

It's exclusionary not to.

all orks are female user

Too late, man, too late. I'm devoted to Khorne now.

Orks don't have gender you knob.

For SM there's Grav weapons and that's why they are spammed.
For CSM, Orkz, and Nids there's not much that will work.
For guard maybe jamming tons of special weapons squads full of plasma guns into a list would help but it wouldn't earn it's points back. Sororitas get dominions but 5 melta guns aren't stripping off more than 1 or 2 wpunds and they'll just get assaulted.
For Dark Eldar you get poison but not any AP on it. Not the worst but not great.

Funny enough, in all our games the riptide has been her worst unit. I target it hard and have been able to get it into combat before it does too much damage.

Fire warriors on the other hand have been great. I can't afford to deal with them as I need to kill her riptide/broadsides/crisis suits. They are then able to send volleys of s5 shots which destroy my void weavers, or kill my harlequins or wreck my scourge.

There was a Tau player who did this to me once. He tabled my guardsmen turn two and had a smug face and offered a hand shake and "Good game!"

I shook his hand and asked if he'd like to play again next week.

Our next game I put a Gallant Lance onto the table. He said there was no way I could put 3 Knights in 1000pts

3x325=975. I had points leftover to give the lead Gallant Rampage.

We rolled our deployment and it was dawn of war short edges. Rolled Purge the Alien.

I got one knight into his gunline on turn two with some good rolls and fucking dismantled him. The best part was when I mulched his riptides I got Hurl and killed one of his Fire Warrior squads. The other two went chasing after his Ethereal and strike team. And smeared them into a greasy stain.

I looked at him and shrugged.

"Good game?"

He threw a handful of dice on the table and raged about knights being bullshit.

seems legit

death guard release?

>Poison doesn't work against Wraithknights, they're GCs so it wounds on 6s.

The only thing that really works well is Grav, Destroyer, and Rending. GSC turns Wraithknights into paste for under half the points. Guard performs similarly with Conscripts+Misfortune.

Depends on the army though.

Makes sense now thanks

Help with my 1500 points orks? Gonna face off with IG next wek

>knights bullshit

what the fuck, i'm an ex-tau player and knights were fucking easy as shit to deal with, 2 fusion blasters and some haywire sources tore through every baronial court i faced

are the rules out yet?

>Took an Etherial, more than one fire warrior squad
>Tabled you turn two

Doubt.jpeg

>land Misfortune vs WKs
>Prescience guard blob
>Order Monster Hunter

And that's how you fight cheddar with rats

Love when Tau players bitch and moan about broken stuff

Honey, you are just bad at the game.

Also why would you have 3 of those Knights?

GK's force+misfortune combo tears through wraithknights with ease aswell, 6s to wound but it ignores armor and FNP and deals D3 wounds

no info for death guard sorry :S

They're good either way. If you want to have a larger footprint, take the 10-man squads. If you want to focus your firepower down more and keep their force field bonus active for longer, take the 20-man blob.

As for the Knight, take whatever you can fit in your list, really. Crusader is arguably the strongest version but also the by far most expensive. A simple Gallant or Errant can also be enough, since having a Strength D melee weapon is pretty damn deadly.

>making up fanfiction

what the christ

Well done on defeating "that guy". His petulance will not be forgotten by you or anyone spectating.

Good show.

Is the guy on the left Draco Malfoy?

>fucking khorne again

I can't be the only one that wants to put a huge padlock in every ear expansion.

You aren't

Woof, this is so cringe-worthy

No shit. The girl is cute and definitely marketing material. The guy is too plain looking.

t. Marketing director for a large private company

Its a really weird thing to do to your body.

They're targeted Facebook ads based on your searches or groups that you like. Same t-shirt type photoshops for GoT, tWD, BB, etc etc

and they don't need to have a gender
should be enough for them to believe they would fight better looking like this and watch how it plays out...should be quite messy at first considering their Docs and Mekz ethics and ways to solve a problem

>tfw spend ages trying to get a fluffy WEs list I can run at 1850 points using the decurion detachment
>really proud of myself
>5 points over

It's because almost everything from the Tau and Eldar codexes is above average, whilst Daemons have only a handfull of OP builds.

Not unless, but seriously mediocre
Not at all. Normal SMs don't use regular Dreadnoughts (besides suicide, and we don't have Drop Pods), and ours have a 25pt tax to get a MAYBE 6++

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Maybe guys looking like are the target? I mean it's Khorne, the players usually look boring as fuck.

I've seen IG tear down Wraithknights and the like with that power from divination that gives all attacks against a target rending, and then charging 50 dudes at it.

So there are factions aligned with Order and others with Disorder:

Order: Eldar, Imperium, Tau
Disorder: Chaos, Orks, Dark Eldar

In this way... where does the Necrons stay in the Order/Disorder line?

Anyone know of any head swaps from 3rd party bitz sites that look like this?

I want to do a GDI inspired SM Chapter.

Shit alliance system.

R8 my alpha legion 2k
The DP with the hydra blade is fucking brutal, had him single handed wipe out a unit of 10 termiontors the other day, in a single go

My 1k list wasn't lots of bodies. I had 3 Meltaguns on 2 vets in Chimeras, 2 Vanquishers, and 3 Exterminators. I expected some suits but not a Riptide Wing. He went first and popped one chimera and two Exterminators. 4 vets died and I lost the sgt and two melta. Tried to move to bubble wrap the remaining tank and shoot his Fire Warriors only for them to make cover saves, likewise my vanquishers rolled 1s to wound his riptides.

Turn two killed the second chimera, 6 vets, then blew up the other tank AND killed the remaining squads down to 2 models in the explosions/scatter. They ran.

The Vanquishers popped because ripple fire is legit.

Necrons are gonna get squatted, just look at what happend to Tomb Kings.