Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What will your characters do now that spring is here?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No love for an old smithy?

t. Lucina pro
Better girl here

Assault the Spires of Xin-Shalast now that we found what the Sins of the Saviors (us) are after visiting library in the Fortress of Stone Giants, but before that we go pay our respects to the victims of the Hook Mountain Massacre and the Skinsaw Murders and make sure that nobody Burnt (our) Offerings to the gods. And this all happens to prevent the Rise of the Runelord(s).

For the other game.....I dunno, explode a tower and go kill a troll in an arena made from scrap?

>Implying high strength waifus aren't the best.

are there any kinds of undead you want to eventually see get a dhampir bloodline?

Nino deserves love.

Nino a best!

The REMOVED kind

>mfw ksnhfag and politicsfag fucked off

Nobody will ever run a politics game user
Be the change you want to see in the world

Blingmaker is totally about politics in Brevoy.

But I want intrigue
Not bling

blingmaker is a boozle

>GM game every other week for some friends
>Got pushed into the GM seat
>First time GMing
>No AP/Module to guide me
>This week flubbed it hard by not being prepared enough
>Party is constantly "we want harder encounters"
>tfw I suck at encounter design
>Didn't even have combat this week
>Killed my enthusiasm to do anything. Games, school, shitposts, app to blingmaker
>All because I feel like I let friends down

How do I get better at GMing, /pfg/?

What's the difference between a boozle and a bamboozle?

You become a hot onee and give speeches on the quality of penises

Don't both of those have wierd as fuck chargen?

Bloongmoozle is a bamkering.

By doing it more.

WWW had some gun homerules IIRC. Shardwalkers had way too complicated fake gestalt.

What? How will that make me better at being a good GM?

WWW has some gun homerules, a bit of changes to the 'slinger class, and strength to hit on thrown weapons i think.

Practice. You'll gain a familiarity with the rules as you go. Don't be ashamed to make stuff up. I've had encounters that ended up "too easy" and just added more baddies on the fly. Don't plan too hard because your party will never do what you expect. Build a framework and let your players go nuts. Embrace the quantum ogre.

the reality is all the best GMs are kings of making shit up on the fly

I feel like I was given too much to handle. Starting with an AP or Module might have been okay, since it does the encounter design already. But I'm super inexperienced with the rules, encounter design, worldbuilding, and plot development, not to mention involving the PCs their backstories and also not railroading them. This just seems like a huge undertaking.

>way too complicated fake gestalt
Why does this keep getting repeated when the regular gestalt is what everyone plays here and that's far more complicated?

>tfw you pull an all-nighter to have materials for an entire month at least, hopefully
>tfw your party doesn't take the hook

Happened more than I'd like to admit.

Shilling my E8 Eberron game again since tomorrow's the last day for character apps, and there's only one slot remainin'.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title

Yeah, its hard to start on the fly

A module can save you

Let me give you a hint

Run a module anyways

Use its encounters, use its maps if you want

Use encounters from MULTIPLE modules

Just don't tell your players what its from.

LoBaF had free VMC I think, but was otherwise fine and not-weird? I'd apply, since it looks fun, the GM's a cool guy, and I've got a neat idea, I just don't feel right trying to apply to a game when I'm in two already. With a third that's on an indefinite hiatus until the GM's work schedule calms down. I mean, I could apply anyway, but then I'd just be there to bamboozle people, rather than actually play.

Because it's not more complicated. Every single class is something that's already there and has clear rules written on the page that you know already. You're just picking two instead of one. Gestalt is only more complicated if you have no system mastery.

>LoBaF
>Not gestalt = weird as fuck
user, come on.

I'm memeing
Some user storytimed a few threads ago
Go look for it if you want

I don't app to memegames, user. I'm just trying to remember if those were the ones people said were wierd. I think shardwalkers was the one I was thinking of.

So who's best girl in Blingmaker?

>LoBaF
>not lewd
>no meme characters
>barely any good apps
>still somehow a meme game

What? LoBaF is like the least meme game on the market right now.

How often do you compliment the other members of your party? Did it make them smile in and/or out of character?

I want to make Seska go awoo!

>barely any good apps
;-;

I think at this point it's clear nobody cares. Face facts.

stop posting this picture

never

praise is for the weak

emotions are prohibitted

Barely means some! That might be you!

I want to apply to the game and I want it to do well but I don't have time

I compliment my party members every time I get the chance, normally to a chorus of chuckles and "aww!" I've gotten quite good at it!

All /pfg/ games are memegames to me. I don't have enough autism to tell this shit apart. All the character names that get thrown in the thread blend together.

Now I will keep posting it because I now know there are people who find it annoying and therefore I acquire my sustenance from mild annoyance

I think Ms. Hildenberg is a sweetheart and I want to make an honest woman out of her!

thats stupid

How can I practice improvising without feeling like a scumbag when I do it wrong?

Any modules/APs to look at for level 4 PCs innawoods?

If nobody cared why would I have five players already, user?

Can't go wrong with stealing from Rise of the runelords.

Can you blame him? We throw around all sorts of fucking memes about characters from like 7 games, all of which started since christmas. There's no way we aren't the autists here.

I'm making a homebrew campaign in the vein of Fire Emblem. Evil empire is a dick, ragtag group of heroes band together to fight it. What culture should I appropriate naming schemes from?

then literally every game of pathfinder ever played is a meme game.

Wales. Make it super Arthurian, like more so than FE already is.

PRUSSIAN

How do I kill a dread wraith as a level 7 draconic bloodline sorcerer?

I'm pretty sure Shardwalkers is actually considering how little it gets discussed.

That's just stretching it, my dude. We characterfag tons of shit far from the norm of PF. Or were you drawn to /pfg/ in the post-lewd era of RotJR?

What items, equipment, and weapons would you recommend for starting as a slayer? Are the magical items worth pursuing as you level up later on?

people characterfag in their own groups and have internal jokes about them, /pfg/ games are just in the open.

WWW isn't really memed either.

What book has encounters for level 4 PCs? Also, how the fuck do I manage WBL?

my nigga

you manage WBL by the amount of loot you give them

get the Anniversary edition PDF from the Trove up above, in the link repository.

Can tiefling be gray/white? If so, from what kind of devil/demon/etc is likely to be descend of?

>three hours till PLD
>eight hours till greentext of it
I CANT WAIT
IS IT GOING TO BAMBOOZLE?

Apart from, you know, BIG BULL DICK OMG SO GOOD ALL THE COCKS IN MY MOUTH AAAAAAAHHH

But speaking charitably, that might have just been fallout from PLD infecting it.

I wonder why there isn't a planetouched race for the fae yet.
You would think Paizo would be all over that. Unless, of course, there is one and I'm just ignorant.

You don't unless you're fighting it in broad daylight

I'm actually upset we don't have a boss nigga character yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4

Remember my friends.

Circus performers and the insecure ask for praise. Those who actually understand the weight of their station and the responsibility that comes with it expects none. Any praise they receive is a gift, not granted.

But do I just dump gp on them? I'm very lost on this but know that wbl is important.

My predecessor is dead, it seems. Very well, I'll carry on his duty. It's a dirty job, but if we don't do it then who will?

WWW! PANTSU DETAILS, I NEED EM. ELUCIDATE TO ME THE NATURE OF THE PARTY'S UNDERGARMENTS.

If you can get at least two rounds of prep work and full spell slots it's fairly simple.
>Get it out in broad daylight. It will have the staggered condition as long as it is daytime.
>Get it solely focused on killing you so it won't try to escape.
>Preferably in the middle of a plain or desert.
>Have haste cast on you with at least a few rounds
>Light load
>Start at least 15ft from the thing
>Win initiative, if not start at least 75ft from it.
Just take a move action and spam magic missile every round and refresh haste once. It should take about 13 rounds, refreshing haste once, to kill it. Only works if you can blow your higher level spell slots. Helps if you have some specific metamagics.

Items, GP, whatever works, just try to keep them at approximately WBL

>planetouched
>fae
Gee, I ducking wonder why non-outsiders don't have planetouched

Also, gnomes, kitsune and wayang are already a thing

Post the info that's already aggregated first, silly.

Gnomes are from the First World in Pathfinder, so that's really close. Most core races have got alternate fey-themed racial traits in Heroes of the Wild, too.

I too wish for adorable doe-tailed fauns and satyrs, but the closest you'll get with the current races is Agathion-blooded Aasimar, who are BASICALLY animal people.

Make a campaign about a story you know well that others won't recognize.

Kys furry

Need more info. Why do you feel like a scumbag?

>tfw all of your friends are also weebs, so nothing would get by them.
Wakemeup.jpg

Fur is kind of expected from a fae race.

do it anyways, they'll love it

>it goes underneath the ground

Are you ready to get bad touched?

>It flees
Then you won.

I want to make Milre smile again.

How many people use pretentious latin bullshit for incantations of some of the more devastating cleric spells?

No, it's just 5 ft. beneath the surface and about to touch you with its 10ft. reach.

Aramaic.

Make it about some game you played as a kid. The important part is nobody can know because once you start getting your own ideas and finding ways to implement them it'll evolve into your own game while providing a base platform for you to learn off of, it'll even help you learn the system as you convert encounters from the original story into Pathfinder.

>implying monotheism
Monotheism is a spook

wut

Anybody running Ironfang Invasion at home yet? How is it going?

The bloodlines could be pretty cool. Right off the bat I can say that bogeyman and jabberwock would make for good choices.