Tell me about your first character, Veeky Forums. Was it cringe inducing?

Tell me about your first character, Veeky Forums. Was it cringe inducing?

I haven't even made a character yet.

I was afraid of falling into special snowflake walley and overdid with "normal". The character was just a normalguy soldier, and ended up boring as all hell as a result.

Owlbear statblock cooking spaghetti

Redhead peasant turned thief. Loved sneaking around and being stealthy.

I'd always try to set up an ambush but every time I found a better hiding spot I moved there, so enemies would often walk up on me while I was on the move.

Yeah kinda, he was basically a knock off Vimes, but an asshole.

I like to think my characters are better.

same

Maybe.

Dimwitted, but loyal barbarian who would do anything to acquire more bacon for him and his allies.

bloodmage. used blood magic to heal fuckers. so edgy

An alleged tech-priest, I knew nothing about 40k yet so it was very in name only. Was planning to be the amoral mad scientist but all the other players ended up being so insane he became the voice of reason and morality.

DH Ecclesiarch. Not really cringy but kind of annonying as a "Praise the Emprah" broken jukebox

Vorkis Nailo, true neutral drow sorcerer, escaped the underdark because he didn't want to become a sex slave or a corpse. I played him with a romanian accent. A bit of a snob but always there to prevent the paladin to kill the fighter. Also the party face.

Ended up wooing an elven cleric NPC but the campaign ended shortly after.

2E AD&D Male Dwarf Fighter

He, and his brother, another PC killed goblins and took their gold to buy better weapons to be better at killing goblins and taking their gold.

My first character was a roadwarden in warhammer roleplay 2. edition. He set out to protect travelers on the road and deal with all the criminal scum that would cross his way. His judgement was kind a blurred by the fact that he was a devout believer in Sigmar and interpreted the law to the letter, though he could not read. He was also very suspicious of all Bretonnians and Elves. The latter were also, atleast in his crazy conspiracy theories, involved in a lot of plots to overthrow the Empire.

Does that count as edgy?

D&D NE cleric of darkness.

A little round, bearded, loved to eat and get money. Also was hunted by the good church for trying to convert people into his faith. Found a brother soul in an orc barbarian who liked to fight and get money. So cleric schemed and barbarian crushed skulls.

It's a shame game wasn't able to proceed far. It was fun to hide corpses of city criminals from the better part of the party while ork and cleric were trying to take other some shady business.

My greatest fear is making a cringey character so I have taken precautions to avoid ever doing it by only playing martials and almost always playing humans.

Evil Archimedes who sold his soul to the Devil.

5e
CE GOOlock
Half-hag
Played him communist where he wanted to get back at all the blue bloods who mocked him and his sailor friends for being ugly as sin. Campaign ended 2 sessions into me joining so I did nothing with him as a concept and really want to retry him with some alterations.

In the works right now, not counting my oneshot/premade module characters. D&D 3.5 tome of battle large sized Minotaur lawful neutral crusader of heroinious or St. Cuthbert, inb4 bara furry. Just using a half Minotaur template with some small changes for the base stats and balance. In setting I will have a decent amount of issue being a bigass monster, if not hostility just making my way through towns made for people half my size. his deal is justice, law, and order, and depending on diety choice how much of a hardass for the law he is going to be. I'm still working on the reason why he is out and about, probably a pilgrimage or a crusade duh.

My first character was a bard, we were rolling for stats but I didn't realise that you got to put them wherever you want, as such he has 16 str. I decided to roll with it and made him a pro wrestler.

It only lasted one session and ended with a druid burning a log cabin, and the surrounding forest, to the ground.

Is a six year old kid playing a half-elf child fighter/druid cringe inducing?

>Was it cringe inducing?

He was a imperial guardsman in DH1e, schola progenium world, he was clumsy (loltastically) and knew how to fence with a sword. He was eventially going to get a meltagun. In his background he accidentally ran over his best friend with a chimera which is why he was basically haunted by his loss.

>Imperial Guardsman with a giant glowing red tribal tattoo on his face that talked back to his superiors regularly, because he was so bad ass

Yeap.

Gruff Dwarf Warlord with a heart of gold. Lost his character sheet over 8 years ago, and the campaign only lasted a single session so I can't really remember much about him other than him being a tanky little bugger wih some healing as well.

>glowing red tribal tattoo on his face that talked back to his superiors regularly,

I knew there was a reason i came to this thread.

Retired solider who just wanted to settle down and buy a farm, but got roped into other people's bullshit and ended up having adventures.

I was never a very edgy person.

Red dragonborn paladin that could hit like a truck but couldn't think critically.

Bookworm summoner that was very clumsy and inattentive. Her cluelessness got her into a lot of hijinks that her eidolon needed to bail her out of, included but not limited to: captured by goblins, eaten by a plant, trapped in a dimensional vortex, spirit death, eaten by a giant snake, and demons. She was fun.

Nothing too weird.

Ogo the half-orc barbarian was an incredibly strong but weak willed warrior. His village gave him a paltry sum of gold and a few basic weapons telling him he was now an adventurer, and to go forth and fulfill his dreams! In reality they just wanted him the fuck out of their lives

Nope. It was pretty generic late medieval merc, with nothing special, unusual or atypical. Just a guy that was living from war to war, doing odd jobs inbetween. But our group also had a special snowflake rasta cleric and Not!Legolas as evisioned by 15 year old (we were stuck with younger brother of the GM), so go fucking figure.
I still have fond memories from those games. They were so... virgin, for lack of better word. And it was literally the only time we had the right balance between role and roll playing. Ever since it was eithe too much of any of the two, but never striking the balance again

Generic gruff dwarf cleric.

Probably.

Half elf fighter with levels in wizard. basically a magical samurai. Had a giant snapping turtle that spent most of his time asleep. Mother was an elven jappa, father was basically Aragorn. The char was a noble because of the mom but had to go out and do something in the world to prove himself to the human clansmen.

I enjoyed him to be honest. I mainly played him as someone down to do anything.

Also, lots of waifu hunting

I played pic related as a Paladin.

So yeah, it was pretty cringe worthy.

When I first got into Dungeons and Dragons, 3.0 came out. I was like 11 or 12, so I had some edgydark chuuni shit going on. I tried making a character starting at level 8 who was an ex-paladin-turned-sorcerer (it sucked) who fought using scythes, had long black hair, and wore one giant pauldron instead of a normal pair. Character was the brooding silent type, of course.

I graduated from edgy, but I usually play backwoods redneck characters whenever possible just because it's fun and easy for me to roleplay due to being a native Virginian.

Imagine the most generic female human rogue, played by a hormonal goth girl overcompensating for her low self-esteem.

I was probably an edgy That Guy, but tbf my party wasn't much better.

Literally Hitler

Is a charmingly racist elf who endgame killed the Human Pope and the Angel sent after that to instigate an Elfin Jihad edgy?

Pirate Bard, started out as a cringy Jack Sparrow carbon copy, eventually lost everything he held dear, his ship, his wife, and his friends.

He was pretty good in combat and stealth, but he took a lot of damage on different occasions which resulted in the loss of one of his eyes and a hand.

He grew a beard and now has an eyepatch and hookhand.

He became quite the dynamic character

Punished Bard

"crazy" high elf wizard who specialized in conjuration because I thought I needed that to take Wish.
>first-time party getting to lvl 17
>Illusion Wizards get Wish at lvl 14

This was all before MGSV kek

A dragonborn Paladin from a clan who lives in a Swamp.
He went on a Pilgrimage to find something useful to bring back to his clan to improve their quality of life.
Finds the party and sees them as the "something useful to bring back to his clan"
Seeks to befriend the people in the party and convince them to come back to his clan and live with them, increasing the quality of life via their unique and powerful skillset.

Played him for a few months. The Goblin Rogue in the party became a close friend, when the goblin died my Paladin questioned his beliefs and became a Blackguard or Anti-Paladin, w/e you wanna call it.

Killed some Minotaurs and stopped worshipping his god, and instead took up worship of the Minotaur's Blood God.

Though unfortunately that campaign went down the drain when our DM left his books in a backpack in his car and someone broke into his bag and stole his backpack. He hasn't DM'd since. Makes me sad, because I thought he was a good DM, and the guy in our group who took up his mantle is kinda...obstinate.

Dwarf barbarian who loved to brew, drink, and fight. That being said, he turned out to be one of the more cautious and level headed members of the party...somehow.

I played a stoic hitman with a hidden soft spot. His signature weapon were hypodermic needles fired from wrist shooters.
So yeah, it was pretty cringy, especially since this was for a Pokémon play by post game.

This was in a homebrew game. My first character was a stoner who ate magical fungus fruits to gain magical fungus powers (and get real high). He was a squishy support mage until he made a complete 180 and became a tanky bruiser who never spoke. I played this like the fungus had taken him over and was puppeting him around. Eventually I became the DM and made him the BBEG. He tried to take over the world with an army of fungus monsters. The game never finished, as I lost interest and moved on to a better game. That game is still running today.

First DnD character or first RP character ever? My first RP character was definitely cringeworthy but I was 12 so it's okay.

It was some Inuyasha, Half demon catboy knockoff. Comprised of all the things a 12 year old might think was cool.

First DnD character was much later, but it was a Half-Orc Barbarian made for a game where I didn't have much time to think about a deep backstory and didn't want to spend the session reading the backstory of the world. My plan was if he died I'd have a better understanding of the setting and come with a better character.

Necromancer Monk who specialized in touch spells and carried the skeleton of his Master on his back. His Master's final test was to find a perfect burying place for his body, and he regularly came to life to complain to his pupil about the nature of the gravesite.

>You expect me to lay in the shade like a dog?!

>How dare you bury me here! How am I to rest with such a noisy stream beside me?!

>Gah! Not next to my wife you fool! You expect me to be nagged for eternity?

I got called a snowflake and the group eventually fell apart due to schedule drama. ;_; I miss you Gi'Lo. You were my first character love.

An obese priest who prayed to a god of "pimpin'", and eventually ran a chain of brothels.

5E human male fighter named Greg

His AC was 24 by 3rd or 4th level.

Gotta love random loot tables.

NAVEL THE HAVEL

Run of the mil character, just built it around strength and con

5e Dwarf Druid. Quiet, but with a bad temper (a berserker in spirit). He had a canary companion that would calm him down.

A wizard named Randalf the green

Goblin fighter that turned into goblin with a gun, communicated a lot of the time by clapping

Space Marine Librarian....in a D&D setting. I had exploding crossbow bolts.
>Get it? Because bolts? Ehehehehe....kill me.

My first character was a wizard I made when I was like seven with little more description than him being like Merlin and Gandalf. So no, not really.

For D&D 3.5. A Half-Orc Barbarian who died when he sexually assaulted a spectre, after the DM warned me that I'd probably die.

Pretty cringy if I say so myself

Ex soldier who wanted a quiet life working his car mechanic business who was dragged back into shadowrunning due to the place beginning to go under.

Was it cringe inducing?

>Vladimir
>Vandershien

>Mercenary/assassin for hire
>wore a hood and mask at all times
>never took them off
>painted a blood coloured smile on it
>first major plot reveal involved him walking into a tavern pulling a sword on the king's advisor, the royal wizard, and the immensely powerful evil floating ghost witch and demanding to know what was going on

I was eleven.

it was a psyker who knew two spells
1) summon rats
2) flashbang. used exclusively to piss off rats.

he had an absurdly high charisma considering people tended to be eaten alive by rats around him

Zabrak combat medic, dad of the team, also doubled as the tank

9/10 honestly

>Not!Russian Scout Shapeshifter
>Really good with a bow and not much else
>Could change into a crow after having a bro-talk with it about getting the crow honeys
>Popped a short dude from my max distance with multiple exploding dice
>Followed by max damage
>Also sliced a wolf in half with a machete as it tried to drag away an npc

I miss 7th Sea. If the system wasn't a mess I'd run it.

I made a social glass cannon.
All charisma, some inteligence, no willpower.
Below average physical stats.
How cringe that is depends on the person, but the GM took one look at my character sheet and insisted I have a Baldrick.

My DM wanted to use this old which DnD class are you quiz. I got a Lawful Neutral Bard/Sorcerer. I literally was forced into playing a self insert here.

if it's the tattoo that did the backtalking then this is hilarious

At the suggestion of my GM I made a Kender rogue who talked shit and focused on kill-stealing.

A Cyberpunk 2020 character. He was a "people's champ" fighter from street/cage fights held in the Combat Zone. But those days are long gone, and he's know just a steroid-addicted Fixer that uses the connections he accumulated from his fighting days to get some extra bucks. He was very combat-oriented for a Fixer so I wasn't very useful for the team, but they didn't seem to mind because the story was getting to interesting places and it's probably the only time I've played any tabletop at all without an edgelord to kill the fun for the rest of us.

Half Orc Barbarian named Trask
Liked to kill stuff

Generic Cleric, who I ended up really liking due to the story I created for him while I worked through the campaign. Problem is, he was completely defined by a roleplay outburst I did halfway through the campaign, where everyone but my character and an NPC died to a traveling encounter or disease. The NPC tried to bail on me, and the pious Cleric who only tried to learn, teach the word of Pan and investigate the disease that was plaguing the land, fucking broke down and screamed the NPC down by threatening to send Pan's fury at them if they dared abandon the mission and left the world to die, and that "Pan as my witness, if you choose to abandon me in my time of need, then we shall both meet in sinner's paradise by nightfall." So from that point on, everyone only saw him as "Angry Cleric," and that kept up until the end of the campaign. So if I could've avoided that, no cringe, but instead every time a character of mine gets angry in that group they go "ANGRY CLERIC IS BACK GUYS!"

An eccentric, paranoid draconian warlock/nature cleric, just worried about protecting nature and shit

Psion Doppleganger.

Started out kinda cringy as a misanthrope who loved money, but evolved into a more believable character who disliked other races because they always tried to use him.

My first character I ever "roleplayed" was this guy in a weird homebrew game I'd thought up with a friend using Magic cards. I don't remember much except that I was questing to free my swamp from the Lord of the Pit who tyrannically ruled it by setting out and gathering a force of heroes from the other colors.

It was a LN monk in a mostly evil campaign.

He lasted one round in the first combat and missed the only attack he made, as an orc crit him with a great axe and did 25 some off damage when he had 9 or so HP total.

>Goliath Barbarian
>Galaekuleg was cursed with a strange affliction that caused his flesh to partially calcify into stone as a young man, and was banished from his clan as a result. He settled begrudgingly into a job as a mercenary, and fell into the employ of a mad gnome sorcerer, where we find him at the beginning of our story

I don't think it was too bad, considering it was the first time. Just a big dude with a big sword and rocky skin.

Narcissistic dwarven paladin who gained his holy power through belief in himself.

I didn't know what party face meant so I was kind of an asshole to every npc

No it was literally just a male human fighter. I was dumb and didn't realize half-orc was better.

>Sorcerer that loved explosions
>Was not very good at it, kept being too practical, tried to save big evocation spells for the right time
>it was pretty much never the right time
>Until it was
Nah. He was pretty sweet.
My SECOND character, on the other hand...

Not terribly.

Elf rogue in 3.5. I had wanted to steal and pickpocket and stuff (played me some Thief 3) but the DM was like, 'nah, that shit ain't gonna fly. town guard will bust ya,' and I was like, 'ah I guess that makes sense.'

Fucked up a bit with dual wielding two long swords and taking oversized two weapon fighting. Got bane construct on one and bane undead on the other.

Yes.
I refuse to give details, even anonymously, because if I punish myself with the knowledge I will never make the same mistakes.

4e, Ex-gladiator Minotaur Invoker who wielded a scythe. End-game was to turn him into some kind of herald of plagues.

Despite the material that went into him, he turned out far better than he could have.
He tried to settle conflicts non-violently, either through diplomacy or flat out threat. The lack of a contrasting party (it was just the GM and I for a few sessions while he rounded up his old players) turned what would have been brooding angst into a genuine sense of withdrawal expected from some lost far from their own lands and people.

By the time other players joined I had exhausted any reservoirs of misanthropy, and was glad for companions to share the limelight. My despair inducing, herald of famine and disease was thrown full-force into plane-hopping wacky hi-jinks that proceeded like a fantasy version of the Hangover.

My second character was at the other end of the spectrum. A by-the-books dwarven cleric who was utterly dull and completely uninspired in comparison.

His name was tim. He threw an ogre into the sun, made an immortal wizard his bitch, survived a zombie apocalypse, and died of food poisoning. He ended his journey at level 3, limbless and penniless, chowing down on scraps in the corner of a tavern on the shore of a country he fought for but never cared for. No one knew his last words since they were interrupted by all his internal organs exiting every orifice of his body including his mouth ,especially his mouth. It was a game where the DM had never read the rules once, but it was okay because we didn't know any better at the time and we were having a blast.

My first PC was a season wielding druid. I have no regrets, could have been better.
Forever GM here though,

underrated. cyberpunk 2020 is one hell of a game. nice way to start in the roleplay world

Salvatore, a half-demon sorcerer. The DM was new to DM'ing and didn't want any evil aligned characters, so he was chaotic neutral

Wasn't really cringe inducing, unless you count a walking stat-block that does whatever I would do cringey.

>Dark Heresy
>Sniper Scum from a poisonous hive world
>Gas mask/coat because poisonous
>Agoraphobe because hive
>Sniper because massive coward
>Scum because see last three
>Didn't believe in warp travel
>Didn't like the color orange
>Slept in a bathtub

His high water mark was becoming so too loyal for this shit that he executed an Arbites NPC who was legging it in the face of a Chaos Marine champion.

A necromancer who just wanted to be left alone and do his research but the rest of the party refused and dragged him along for the ride. Like Severus Snape but an exiled nobleman who stepped into the wrong tavern. It was great to play a stick in the mud, especially since I was terrible at it and all his sarcastic remarks were hilarious. He even got as far as making a phylactery but he never died in combat as he expected so he just stayed alive.

By the end of the campaign he helped the party kill the BBEG, some god or another of great size, by making an equally tall flesh golem to engage him in fisticuffs as the party fought the high priest who summoned him into the world to undo the binding. After the dust settled he had the golem write 'Do Not Disturb' on a mountain and made himself a home at its highest peak so they couldn't bother him ever again.

>be 12
>playing free form while camping with boyscouts
>make half-orc ranger because my character in Guild Wars was a ranger
>couldn't have an animal companion
>couldn't use trick arrows
>couldn't do anything close to the anyone else in the fucking 10 man party
>get instakilled by the barbarian who takes an arrow from my quiver and jams it into my neck during the first encounter
Considering my party had fucking Thor and some dual scimitar faggot who chopped up dozens of hobgoblins per turn, I think my first character was pretty tame.

>5E "totally not a dreadnought"
>powerful wizard so old and mangled that his body was entombed into mechanical construct
>his vast wizarding powers are used to power and control the construct, so he lost the use of spells
>construct is basically a dreadnought shell so he has huge amounts of strength and armor
>shit tier dex and perception
>very good at intimidation
>right hand is just a giant metal hand for punching
>left hand is a giant harpoon gun with a winch powerful enough to lift my character off his feet at a considerable speed

>"Henry Flunderfluff, a name you all shall remember, for I am god."
He was a balding, middleaged halfling who was so fat he was bursting at the seams of his magical suit of plate mail (enchanted with one size fits all magic).
His AC was so high he'd walk up to people and challenge them to pull his finger, they'd typically fail.
He was a cleric of himself... I guess the faith itself is where the magic comes from.
He did a lot of drinking, and needed a thwap on the head before he'd get any healing in.
The party wasted a ressurection potion on him after a near wipe, and he realized he was no god, for he had seen things.

Moderate cringe.

kek

He was a grumpy cleric. The other players actually enjoyed my role as a moral compass or at least they enjoyed teasing me about it. I suspect the DM didn't much like it when I had him frequently scoff at her dumb snowflake dragon religion and it didn't help that I was often a bit snarky about the plot. I helped reign in the other players though, so I don't think she resented me in particular.

Anyway, my cleric was in a relationship with an equally dour female cleric that I was playing in a simultaneous campaign in the same setting by another DM. The characters basically had a Bakuman style agreement to reunite eventually when their ambitions had been fulfilled. I did it originally as an excuse so that the original DM couldn't magical realm me. But maybe playing a man and his waifu simultaneously is cringy. No one ever called me out on it, but then again those campaigns had much cringier things going on, so maybe I just flew under the radar.

For what it's worth, the female cleric was a more complex character than the male one and the DM for her campaign mentioned several times how much he enjoyed the character. He even based the final arc of the campaign around her religion. It was really cool.

>Tell me about your first character, Veeky Forums

WFRP 1e, wizard's apprentice.

Was he a biotic god?

Pretty standard elf ranger. It was 3rd edition D&D. I was 8? I think.
Nothing to cringy from what I remember, I was a over excited 8 year old who actually has ADHD but the DM covered for me.
I remember that I got talked out of playing a lizardfolk ( I was fucking obsessed with dinosaurs).

Dude don't do that to yourself.
Your allowed to learn from mistakes and stuff.
Also humans smell... WE ALL KNOW IT. WE ALL ACT LIKE IT NOT A PROBLEM. BUT IT IS.

An old wizard. Not really cringy or edgelord, but he was seven feet tall because that's what the dice said.

If you know a lot about Merlin's back story he pretty edgy.
He's half demon, that's why his magical power is so high, but a priest managed to pull the evil taint from him as a baby leaving hi with all of the benefits and none of the downsides. He never knew his father( goes without saying really), could see the future and spent a hilariously large part of his life playing advisor to would be kings of Britain(who liked him for his future sight) while manipulating them in to undoing themselves until he met Arthur the would be king his visions told him to actually help.
He also killed a shocking amount of babies for one of fantasy's kindly old wizards.

A Gnomish fighter since we were playing OSRIC (open source AD&D) and my stat rolls were shitty
Proudest/most in-character moment was peeing on a door mimic after killing it since it was a bitch to fight.

I've gotten into roleplaying much more since then however.

My very very first character was a supervillain-like character in a superhero RP on the Neopets forum. Never really developed it too much to bolster its cringe but it was basically Shade from DC/Shikamaru from Naruto who could control shadows and darkness. I had a 'mysterious' background and I was a self-proclaimed puppeteer of plots. I was quickly isolated out of stories because obviously I was a feodralord and kept trying to be the mc/big bad of narratives.

A decade later and my first real tabletop character was a goblin engineer who just wanted to make the coolest ride he could make. It was much better.

D&D 3e
Half-elf fighter who fought with two weapons. Spent a good chunk of my skill points on craft.