Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Leshy playable race when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1158134
sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/keen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When the floracists leave.

That's a wolf though.

>You are wanting to GM a game
>You have opened up an LFG post on Roll20
>You post the link here.
>You go to sleep, then when you wake up, you check the LFG
>SwimmingEagle, RoryAnon, and Captain Slow have all created a triple-app and have submitted it to your game

What do, /pfg/?

I've done everything I can to make Zoro the strongest I could, now all that's left is to go down the list for his maneuvers and figure out what all he's going to have from there.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1158134

Is DHB on his way out as memeable? Is the meme dying?

Pathfinder is dying.

You know what you must do.

What are you talking about? That is clearly a regular pumpkin

Zoro is shit tier

And this is why it needs a protective shell from you.

>the other dude eyeing the rope as well.

But what kind of pumpkin has a shell?

every kind

Find me a pumpkin that doesn't

Alright. So i think I'll try to make a Barbarian.

For the record, we are gonna be either level 5 or level 6, not 100% sure yet.

Not sure what weapon to get. I'll look into some of those totems now, though. Witch hunter definitely seems Cool.

So, Probably-greatsword Barbarian, with power attack. That seems like a super easy thing to build. just need another feat or two, and equipment... And 2 or 3 rage powers.

When you're in a mood like this (like this) the resolution might be to go on dancing 'cause when you join the party (party) you feel as though small worries or problems fadin'.

Look, I'm a man on a mission and I won't stop until I've remade everyone in the crew in PF. Zoro is just about done, after this will be Luffy.

What do y'all think of an UC Monk||Synth Summoner with nothing but Str and Slam investments? Also how do Flurry and Natural Attacks mix?

>triple-app
Is this what we've come to? Maybe the anons that said this place was a cabal were right.

Gensokyo awaits!

Explicitly, they do NOT mix.

I tried making a Kung-fu Druid shifter before.

Is it useful to give a crossbow to the wizard?

>Yes
>Fuck Yes
>Oh hell yeah
>Nigga what are you doing NOT doing that.
>All of the above

Don't expect your wizard to be a marksman, nor using that shit very much, BUT, at a low level, that thing will be a life saver if you run out of spells.

Plus, if you're a big enough asshole as a wizard, your GM will probably not be afraid of dropping Antimagic zones on you, so you'll need a backup plan.

SwimmingEagle and Captain Slow actually make good characters though.

Captain Slow sure, but seabirb makes obvious fetish characters.

>running out of spells

See you say that, but as I recall the reason normal Monk doesn't work in that respect is that it lists the number of attacks you get, while UC monk just says you get even MORE than usual.

>anything those people made
>good

Raging Vitality is a great feat.

It keeps you from being instagibbed if you get knocked unconscious.

I would also recommend looking at Intimidating Prowess and Cornugon Smash if you want to be the most terrifying whirlwind of violence anyone has ever seen.

As for weapons, greatsword is pretty much the best pick, but honorable mentions go to the Falchion, which has the best crit range of any two handed weapon, to the point that if you're willing to shell out 8000gp you can crit on a 15-20.

>Implying any of us make quality

and they are us, and therefore not quality.

Exactly

A wizard using a crossbow at low level means they're both not outshining the party by ending the encounter outright AND not expending their dungeon-solving utility. The party WANTS this to be how their wizard works.

...huh.

... Tell me about this 8000 gold 25% crit range.

>not playing as a leshy investigator
>not living on baker street
>not defending the world from evil ratfolk masterminds

They are part of /pfg/
/pfg/ does not make quality
ergo, swimmingeagle and captain slow are not quality.

Do I have to start taking out charts?

True, though

Rory is the dark side of the /pfg/force. What about Slow and SwimmingEagle?

Superstitious is a pre-req for Witch Hunter, which is okay because Superstitious is great too. You're going to go half-orc for the Sacred Tattoo ART, then Fate's Favored to double that bonus, Superstitious and the human FCB. At level 6 you're looking at +2 luck +5 morale to all saves.
It's actually better than 25%, it's 30%, and it's a +1 Keen Falchion, which costs 8375 gp.

I say that because

>A monk with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks.

And, IIRC, Slam attacks ARE considered 'natural attacks'

HOWEVER, that is the vanilla Monk. That is not explicitly stated in the Unchained monk. That COULD be an oversight, or intentional, I did not write the Unchained books.

So, I leave it to your GM, really.

Take Acid Splash (use a flask of acid as a focus component for +1 damage!), save the carrying capacity.

>tfw no leshy vs rabbitfolk secret war
>there will never be a rabbit mob boss toppled by a wily leshy investigator
>there will never be a rival leshy investigator who sells out his leshy brethren to the rabbit masterminds for some quick coin

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/keen

Counts as a +1 enhancement bonus, but requires that the weapon is already +1

Put this enhancement on a weapon with an 18-20 base crit range to crit on a 15

Also dark.

To say there is a light side is to imply anyone who post here doesn't deserve to be locked in a gas chamber.

Redpilled to be honest, my dude.

To be fair these are completely theoretical builds. I mean really, these are 25 PB gestalts with 3rd party material and a feat tax removal system in place, excluding a /pfg/ bamboozle there's nowhere I'm going to be able to play these, so I just make these under the assumption that anyone who would have actually made these builds in earnest were a bunch of powergaming munchkins.

A sort of Inception of role-playing, if you will.

>not making various levels of optimization for a character build, based around what houserules, feat tax cuts, pb, race, 3pp, and gestalt
Do you even try to be autistic, man? I thought we trained you better.

No, that's totally fair. Still, the original intent of monks were not to be using 'natural attacks' rather than striking with a "Martial arts attacks' and, technically, claws and bites and the like AREN'T the trained martial arts.

Don't get me started on how you probably COULD make Tooth-and-Claw Kungfu. I'm just stating the intent.

Why would the crew of One Piece not be gestalt characters? The show, and especially the crew, is distinctly high-powered.

What weighs more, a kilogram of steel or a kilogram of steel feathers?

>wan piss
>high powered
user I have bad news

Depends on the relative strength of the gravitational fields they're in.

They both weigh the same. One kilo.

Wrong thread?

Steel feathers, assuming they're at the same altitude on the same planet

LOOK. Even I have a life outside of building sheets, and if I did something like that I think I'd legitimately develop a case of insomnia.

True, but if there's a way to cheese it I'm gonna take it, especially if it's for Luffy. Lord knows he throws out enough punches at a given time that if I DON'T do something janky it just won't feel accurate.

Reading comprehension is a blessing user, they ARE gestalts.

High powered in the sense of physical might, anyway. The only series I can think of with stronger characters across the board are series with planetbreakers, and that's just cheating.

But steel is heavier than feathers.

Most anime has a higher floor than traditional D&D stuff, but a lower ceiling.

But if you have more feathers they're heavier.

A kilogram is not a measure of weight.

>in the sense of physical might
Martials ain't worth shit though.

No it isn't, it's denser.

What weighs more, one Taldan noble or twenty Rahadoumi dirt farmers?

I don't get it.

Most anime is normal powered stuff that hinges on drama, SoL, or CGDGT.

The dirt farmers, but they're all dead so no one can weigh them.

Friendly reminder that blonde hair is synonymous with Ulfen and Ulfen are ASSHOLES WHO SMELL LIKE MILK AND HERRING.

>he's never seen chuuni shit
Point at him, point at him and laugh.

Martials in One Piece can slice an entire mountain in half and punch half an island to smithereens while bleeding out, if anything anyone who's not at least partially martial in that series is missing out.

This is obviously within the context of action and fantasy shows.

Though trying to sync up non D&D materials to D&D doesn't fucking work at all. See Harry Potter. Wizard there can do shit that takes level 7 spells to do, while some effects that fucking cantrips border on impossible to learn.

How many feathers are there in a kilogram of feathers?

>Answering despite knowing its a troll

Steel weighs more than Feathers. The Riddle tries to trick you into thinking that there is an equal amount of feathers and steel, when there is an equal weight.

Lets pretend that the Steel is feather shaped. One steel feather weighs, hypothetically, .5 pounds (I know thats way off, but that's not the point). Now, lets look at one feather. it weighs .01 pounds.

So, if you were to take 50 normal feathers, and one steel feathers...they would both be .5 pounds of Steel AND .5 pounds of feathers. Different amounts of those items, same weights.

What game? I can't find it and I gotta see this. Was it Estervale? Is that why that game poofed?

Okay, I've got a question for everyone here that is deactivating my almonds (serious matter, I know.)

What the duck is with the billions and billions of "parody" or "subversion" animes that exist? People always say Isekai is cancer but 99% of the shows coming out are lauded as "parody" of Isekai. I have seen more jokes about anime tropes than the anime tropes played straight.

No, it's a theoretical, inspired by a post from last thread.

It's not real. It's a meme because there was a triple app to Shardwalkers and memedog, ThiccBirb, and Captain Daddy are well known players.

>Lower ceiling

But steel's heavier than feathers.

That doesn't mean they're considered high powerlevel. They're shit tier as far as /a/ would be concerned, not even in the running. God Arc Goku is like the bare minimum to begin playing in powerlevel threads.

Because you don't watch enough anime.

But could a bird fly with those steel feathers?

Checkmate, nerds

People don't even know what a parody is and they think an anime making fun of Japanese fantasy game tropes is subversion when that's been around for pretty much ever.

But user, if you kiss them, you'll have good luck.

It does. Most animes are just mid to high level beat sticks.

If there's an anime where the villain is a wizard who fucks with the protags via Astral Projection, Magic Jar'd demon clones with, and several demi planes filled with Simulcura cranking out magic items, tell me.

BTW the black chick from Ironfang Invasion is named Aubrin the Green and is a native to Nirmathas. Also she's blind and has a peg leg. Also she doesn't see gender or race as an impediment to romance.

...Full Metal Alchemist?

Doomed Megalopolis.

An anime being a "subversion" is a meme that's been around since I believe Madoka came around, but the issue is that it's tossed around to pretty much any show that's even slightly self-referential or breaks the mold set aside for that genre of show.

Base tier Goku could probably one shot the Tarrasque without even using any ki blasts, what are you on about?

Does anyone else feel addicted to killing off characters? I don't know if it's because I watched too much walking dead or something, but I just have this strange urge to have all my PF campaigns be highly lethal now, and I almost feel dissatisfied when my monsters don't kill someone. Maybe it's because I'm not really "being a fan of the characters" even though I quite like some of them, yet I still hunger to kill them. The players love the campaign and the plot, it's going well, maybe I am just a burned-out GM and this is the only way I can entertain myself anymore? I very rarely have characters die, but ever since a TPK in an AL game I played in at my FLGS (was bored and had never done a game like that before so I joined) I've found it to be really enjoyable. Now I don't overtly try to kill characters, I run fair combats but sometimes I edge it toward focus-firing one of them so they can be dragged away and finished off, or something like that. I don't know what this feeling is, can anyone else relate? It's like the story feels fake or cheesy unless half the good guys die.

All of that shit is FMA or Soul Eater class. Those are literally not relevant in powerlevel threads.
Bleach's final villain is named YHWH and basically omnipotent.
Fiamma of the Right in Index has an actual "I Win" spell that is instantly and automatically cast, allows no saving throw, bypasses any immunity, and always hits.
Othinus in Index destroys the entire multiverse because she's BORED.
Featherine is the DM.

And base tier Goku is considered weak when we're talking about the top tiers in /a/.

Looks like the checkmate...

Is on the other foot.

Yes. it is.

Steel has a higher density, meaning that an equal volume of steel weighs more than an equal volume of feathers.

But, they have an equal weight. They are both 1 kilogram. It doesn't matter that steel is heavier because it already says that they are an equal weight. The individual weight of steel is irrelevant as One kilo of Steel is equal to one kilo of feathers

Goku dies to Lancer using Gay Bulge he ain't worth shit
He died to a fucking LASER RIFLE

>implying whatever skarmory is is a bird

yes but look at the amounts of the things. that's cheating.

Mother of God

A kilogram is not a unit of weight.

See, I want to believe you, but it's hard to read Harry Potter when it's the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Is this a /tv/ pasta or a Veeky Forums pasta?

I didn't read Harry Potter
I read some fanfiction about a D&D wizard getting dumped into Harry Potter world.

I mean to be fair
This list is pretty on point, although I like Hamlet and 1984 is overrated.

Greatsword is NOT the best pick, Barbarians have so much fixed damage that they're always better with a high critical threat weapon.

Which should also not be a falchion. If you're not an orc playing a class without martial proficiency, falchions are not your best choice fullstop: first of all, a nodachi is the same thing, same martial proficiency, but stronger. BUT even THAT is not the best option:

ALL martials should by buying a Wayfinder and a Opalescent White Pyramid (cracked), because the combination grants you Weapon Focus in the keyed weapon type for a mere 2000 gold, which tons of good feats require. Meanwhile the Opalescent White Pyramid (cracked) has a *main* benefit of Weapon Familiarity in its keyed weapon type. So basically, a free exotic proficiency is going to incidentally be in your path, always.

So you want either a fauchard (a REACH nodachi) or a falcata.

That's something a filthy HONGALESE would say.

You smell like a barn, boy?