>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:

#
>implying GW isn't trying to phase death out of the setting because it doesn't fit, and replace it with a construct or golem faction or something dumb

first for the new battletome probably being filth and breaking the game

This is what you get for being collaberators

gw is going to shit on you just as easily as they shit on fantasyfags

>migrate to a lizard-free zone
*crashes down on a meteor behind you*
back the fuck off???

Well they went about it in a weird way considering they squatted the entire line that had constructs.

feel the hype for shadow aelves!

also steam punk dwarves are awesome

Fuck off. You guys are worse than reddit rats.

>come from immigrant ships
>you guys fuck our women
>don't even offer your women as exchange
>YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN HAVE FEMALES
Fuck you.

You wanna explain your outburst there, champ?

ackshually, with the lizardmen now being whatever the slann "remember" them as, even though they still seem to use spawning pools there's nothing from some neckbearded slann remembering his sauruses as female.

>reddit rats
can somebody explain what this meme is about?

Nothing stopping some neckbearded slann, even

>Skaven steal all the good shit from 40k Orks and leave Orcs&Goblins boring as fuck
>fantasy tyranids
>act retarded and still get away with plot armor
>Mannlet von Carstein and Reddit Rats killed Fantasy

Its the heads, mantics skeleton heads look goofy as fuck. But dont rule them out totally, with the spare bits from your skeletons and graveguard you can make them look alot better with your spare heads. Just something to think about if you need more skeletons and dont want to pay GW prices.

Reminder that GW only licenses the old world for games because theyre embarassed of AoS

>probably being filth and breaking the game

maybe the right thing to do is stop fighting the cyclical obsolescence model and embrace the idea of buying and painting a new army at least once a year to stay relevant in the meta.

its not like GW cares anyways

You'd know all about being an embarassment, wouldn't you, user?

Nice attack on my character, really hurt :^)

>*gnaws through reality behind u*

Nothin' personnel...lizard-thing...

The mantic heads look so much better, they give off a really fun but terrifying vibe.

Actually it's because GW doesn't actively look to make video games. They have a policy of having devs come to them and ask for licensing and work a contract out on a studio by studio basis, and at the moment, devs are coming up to ask to use the old fantasy setting, most likely because it's got 30 years of established backstory, lore, and concept art which removes the majority of work on projects. When a dev comes to request making an AoS game, then we will see an AoS game

>Endrinriggers

Anybody willing to help an orruk out?

>they are bad so we call then reddit
Is that it or is there a subtle reference i am missing?
This makes me wonder how changed are skaven now that they are daemons? Can they do some cool shit? How different are they from before?

>Tfw no Battletome
>Tfw they still release new AoS but don't make a Fucking nice looking Battletome with some art or lore
>mfw it'd be easy as hell and they could use some Horus Heresy money to fund it

Just out of curiosity, why don't you buy what you like and think is good and then try and figure out the game later instead of asking for good things right away?

Get another box of Brutes and a Start Collecting box. Add an Ironfist battalion, and you have a good 1000 points army.

That's it, it's just bait to trigger Skavenfags.

They could release that for the dozen or so people who actually want it or they could just keep churning out Heresy stuff which basically prints money for them.
Easy Choice.

skaven XD

>This makes me wonder how changed are skaven now that they are daemons?

They're not daemons.

Ah i actually thought there was some story behind it. And i guess reddit and skaven kind of fit well together in a way.

>goofy as fuck
Fuck that, the expression of the Mantic skeletons is my favorite part. The're like Army of Darkness evil dickbag skeletons with leering faces and emotion.

Ah i thought with the horned rat being a god they were daemons. Well thank you.

>they are bad so we call then reddit
>Is that it or is there a subtle reference i am missing?
Skaven larpers in these threads are just as obnoxious and annoying as redditors with their fake mannerisms and shitty, pop-culture reference-based humour.

>redditors pop-culture reference-based humour
Yes they do it in a more cancerous way, but everyone jokes like that, both in Veeky Forums and irl. Don't make it an absolute.

>fake mannerisms

?

Or kroxistuds to cuck inferior humans, aelves and dawi.

LIZARD DICK, ITS AWIGHT

Skaven dont matter in AoS, infact Archaon snubbed their shitty god and he is the only chaosboy remotely competent after the Age of Chaos made Chaos weak, lazy and fat.

The real question is, could a Slann just say fuck it and make them not dinosaurs? If they can look like whatever the Slann feel like.

Yep.

>This triggers the man-thing

>could a Slann just say fuck it and make them not dinosaurs?
why would they make things that aren't dinosaurs? those things are shit

Yeah but they could use like a fraction of a fraction of Horus Heresy profits to make it.

How do I into Orruks? Also are there any other destruction factions?

What's their place in fluff?

They fuck shit up.

Orruks, Ogors, Troggoths, Grots, Gargants, all are in Destruction.

Technically fimir too, but that's forgeworld only.

No one cares

How would you describe their play style? I'm very new to AoS

Depends on faction, really. Anything caught your eye?

You make a compelling counter argument.

I like most of it but especially Ironjawz and Maw Krushas.

I like the look of the Troll Hag model, I know she's destruction but what sort of army specifically she'll fit well in to?

I c-care

Ironjawz are pretty elite heavy, you'll be fielding a small number of models, and they're basically melee only.

They aren't that good, but they're not terrible.

You'll probably want to get some Bonesplitter Arrowboyz in to add some shooting, if you're not after pure Ironjawz.

Nope. Just thing of them as Beastmen except focused solely on the Great Horned Rat.

There's Armored Orruks, Nigga Orruks, Shitty Orruks, Spider-spider-spider Grots, Klan Grots, Shitty Grots, Trogdors, and Ogors Escaping Fimbulvinter.

A troll* army. Shocker, I know.

*Troggoths are trolls.

Ironfist is incredibly powerful especially on games below 1500 points just run 2 5x brutes 10 ardboys warchanter shaman and a megaboss

Sadly there is currently no way of playing a Troll-Army no Trolls can be chosen as battleline so youre forced into 3 units of grots minimum

Can I use PayPal with mantic? As much as I hate their models, I don't want to spend $120 on 40 skeles alone (and I need exactly 40)

>hating Mantic skellies
Trash-tier opinion confirmed. For skeletons, ghouls, and zombies, Mantic are on fuckin' point. That said, yes.

The only reason i don't like them is that their faces are too exaggerated. I like how the GW ones are basically just a pile of bones walking around, not feeling

I mean, I guess I can understand that, but I can't imagine ever preferring blank-faced skeletons to a bunch of malicious, Dark Age skellingtons with hate and violence on their faces. More than anything, it's how much expression comes into those faces with just a bit of work on the eyes.

>that dude with the Yin-yang shield
Christ alive, that is a rapeface.

Like I'll probably get them, it's just that they only come with one standard and one instrument. I've got some spare standards, but idk what I'll do about the horn.

Are blood warriors or blood reavers any good? Doing a daemons-bloodbound-slaves to darkness mixed army.

Fair enough. You do get some nice little quirky bits and bobs as well, though. The skeleton clawing out of the earth is a particular favorite, and I can't say no to the skeletal doggo.

Wait, how many skeles in a TK box? My lgs has some TK skeles left on shelf. If 20, what I could do is get a box of them, get a tomb herald to use as a wight king with blade, and then get 2 boxes of GW skeles and use the axe wight. This way, I can get even more of the "allies in death" theme (I'm running two wight kings in 1k)

>TK skele box
Sixteen. :^)

Trying to decide on what style of basing to do for my Sylvaneth, I'm thinking of snow over a grey green.
Although maybe something darker would make the light bark pop a bit more

yup . Dark base will pop that amazing bark more

Wtf. Welp, mantic it is then

Grey with snow and blood-red grasses. White logs on bigger bases, perhaps. I wouldn't necessarily go as far as pic related, but using some more of that beautiful bright red in grasses would nicely work to unify it all together while making the mini pop.

red grass does sound cool, I think i'll definitely look into that.

I would honestly go with a lush dark green. With the pale and muted colors you've chosen for the body a nice grassy base will make it stand out while driving home the "force of capital N Nature" thing.

you got red leafs on model already so using that colour on base will make base go better with rest ( but still use red in little portions with black or bronze earth)

Groin Kikka here, I see you used my pic.Noice.

Would you guys recommend total war? I've never played a game from the series.

Case and point

>case and point

Rat posters are a real diamond dozen.

Total Warhammer is great, but if you've never played any from the series and you don't want to take the plunge on something full-priced right away, get Medieval 2: Total War. It's basically Total Warhammer with the magic cropped out and all the armies are Empire and Bretonnia smashed together, but the core gameplay is basically the same. It should be enough to let you know if Total War games are up your alley or not.

here again

If you do like Total War, be prepared to lose huge amounts of time to it. They're the kind of game where a complete campaign can span a long ass time and single play sessions can cause you to lose track of time. Bigger battles can easily last for up to an hour if you aren't the kind of player to use auto-resolve.

Best conversions yet. I didn't think there was another kit, other than the zombies from mantic, that was worth getting. Thanks for proving me wrong.
And yea, if your aiming for an "army of the dead" theme, & are right, but not all are interested in making that type of army theme.

>Complaining about GW pricing

Dude, its 2017, grow up.

>I want a death army
>but I don't want an army of the dead
Wut. And yeah, you really can't go wrong with Mantic skeleton bodies even if you want to plug on JewDub heads onto them. It's also nice that they have vaguely uniform armor and the like which helps to make them look a lot more regimental than GW's more random collection of shit.

And the Mantic ones just have a lot of fun bits to them, as well. Always loved their undead models that are clawing their way out of the grave.

How's this look for my intro to aos? I've ordered the mantic skeles now. Idk the death allegiance stuff and artifacts (help appreciated), or which wight to make general. The theme I'm going to go with is that two kings, allied in life, have joined forces once again in death, seeking to reclaim their kingdoms long since lost.

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Wight King with Black Axe (120)
- General
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
Necromancer (120)

Battleline
20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
- Ancient Spear & Shield
20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
- Ancient Spear & Shield

Units
5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Summoning
5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Total: 1000/1000

Make the Wight King with tomb blade your general and give him Red Fury and a Tomb Blade.

Best combination.

Yea, believe it or not, but not everyone digs the whole goofy style. Some actually likes the grim derp era.

I'd be hard-pressed to call these grim derp. Just derp. I'm sure there are good skeleton heads out there if you just want plain skeletal faces, but GeeDub's always just looked silly to me. And the randomized gear only made it worse.

I was just reading them. Why not put that on the axe wight? And why not go with ruler of the night + sword of unholy power? Wouldn't that give a 100% chance on the summon and hard to kill skeles?

okay poorfags

What?

Speaking of derp, forgot to include the image. The skulls bothered me way back when I played Tomb Kings as well, since that dumb open mouth was in the TK box as well, but theirs had enough clothing and armor on the heads to allow me to mitigate it.

Personally, my money's usually on Ruler of the Night. It's a really solid bonus, and helps to anchor your bone boys that much more.

Put an infernal banner on the wight king, get tougher skellies anyway.

But even tougher skeles with both are better, right? And won't the axe eight have a greater wound potential than the blade wight, so if I went with fury+blade, wouldn't it be better to tos it onto axe wight?

Go for it if you think it's better.

Not the dude you're talking to, but I'd definitely agree with that. Not that I'd fuss with Red Fury anyway. Skeletons and zombies alike are attribution forces who will their battles less through being able to make mince-meat of things as they do simply enduring and persisting. My vote would always be Ruler of the Night on a Wight King with an Infernal Banner. That fucker turns into a rock to anchor your skeletons through damn near anything.

The axe makes a great hero-killer, though, thanks to its rule. It's a real shame that the one you want to anchor in place is the one that gets a mounted option, as opposed to the one you want to hunt down heroes.

So which artifact would you recommend? I can still toss a tomb blade to the axe wight, or I could also give something a sword of unholy power, for that surefire summon.