Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

200 point marines edition

previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/YXUv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*blocks your chapter's path*

I wish the Word Bearers were the posterboys for Chaos, instead of the Black Legion. Actually have the Chaos Legion be the face of Chaos itself. It would make a lot more sense than Abaddon and his army of failures. It would make a lot more sense because Ultramarines are the face of the loyalist Space Marines. It would make more sense because of the Red versus Blue theme.

I just hate ADB/GW's love of Abaddon. Does anyone else hate Abaddon too?

Now that Cadia has blown up, is GW going to revamp the Imperial guard line, would be neat if they included sprues in order to make plastic Steel Legion, Valhallan, and Vostroyans.

Cadian Shock Troops getting Preferred enemy: Chaos?

>amount of Cadias blown up by the Black Legion

>amount of Cadias blown up by the Word Bearers

Checkmate Lorgarfags.

would be better if we got regiment tactics allowing for any guard regiment to be played with slightly modified decurions like traitor legions.
What I'm saying is that I want a traitor legion supplement for guard and a new sprue with slightly different heads or something to represent these regiments

user thinking about blood angels, how is this list? I like making lists as a shopping cart template, currently I own no space marine models

My phone won't allow me to paste the list so excuse the screenshots

I'd love to see Imperial Guard tactics, though I feel like they should reflect the general idea of the force rather than being specific.

For Cadians, for example, it should be Adamantium Will for regiments that routinely deal with psykers and other horrifying BS, and other bonuses to holding a line against terrifying things.

Catachans would represent deathworlders as a whole, Furious Charge to show their extra toughness, and Stealth or Move Through Cover for their survival skills.

Stuff like that where you can further customize a guard force.

Could also have special upgrades for regiments like in only war to better represent forces specializing for the battlegrounds they are used to

I think there's something like that in Imperial armour 3 actually. A random upgrade for Talleran Desert raiders that gives them move through cover but prevents them from taking Carapace armor.

Problem is it's hella expensive, when realistically fluffy stuff like that should just be a free option alongside other choices, especially if it comes with a built-in downside like that.

Just finished Onager legs, what are you up to /40kg/

Eating, but I have a mouth ulcer so it hurts. On my second monitor I'm watching The Twilight Zone.

>was so engrossed in painting I missed a text for a booty call
god damn cock blocking plastic fucking models

Relaxing for now, almost finished painting a rhino earlier before work.

This guy walks up to your daemonette and slaps her ass. What do you do?

>Exorcist
>not slaying the Daemonette because she can't see him

I feel like it should be a supplement of IG and MT since MT is shit right now.
Like for Harakoni warhawks, you run a tempestus list with the following regiment tactics:
"May not take tauroxes or commissars, may take vendettas, vultures and tarantula turrets, may use stormtrooper mission "operation hot drop": scion squads may assault after exiting a valkyrie if they do not shoot".
Also all tempestus scions gain a pistol in addition to their ccw.
For Steel legion I'd like to see something like armoured brigade from forgeworld with moar tanks

I wonder if monolith are going to see use again

She IS slain.

By his giant, daemon-invisible cock.

Yeah. I'm picturing it like a sort of Traitor Legion style update for both the guard books with formations and detatchments with special rules for building your army a certain way, along with neat relics and warlord traits for all of them.

Steel Legion would have formations for tanks and mechanized infantry to an improved degree. Probably bonuses for firing out of transports/when exiting them and ignoring the lower damage table results and things like that.

Could even have something like that start collecting formation where dudes get a cover save for standing near their tank.

Only if they get some of their old rules back.

Just got paid after working overtime all weekend. Think I'm going to add on to my new BA army but unsure what to get. So far I have...
1 10 manTatical Marine squad
1 3 man bike squad
5 5 man Death Company squads
1 Death Company Dreadnaught
1 Dreadnaught I haven't built yet that I can turn into a DC, Furioso, Librarian, or normal Dreadnaught.
Astorath
BA Terminator Captain
DC Chaplain
1 Baal Pred
1 Stormraven Gunship
And I have Mephiston on order

I feel I need a Drop pod but could also grab a kit that comes with a tac squad and a Rhino. Also tempted to grab the Sanguinary Guard or Ravenwatch bike squad just to make my bikes look more Blood Angely.

What should I get next? What should I turn that 1 Dreadnaught into? Also how should I equip my bikes so it's not just the grav gun meta?

Guess nerfs to AP won't be enough?
I find it hard to believe they'll update the rules. I doubt it'll be worth the points ever, I just really want to convert some floating pyramids

Biggest problem is that it just doesn't really do anything. A 24" range battlecannon just isn't worth it, might as well take a doomsday instead.

Honour Guard or Vanguard Veterans for Black Templars? Also, for fire support should I use Thunderfire or Vindicators?

I'm surprised there aren't any acceptable monolith formations. Thatd be an easy way to make them playable without reinventing the wheel.

>nerfs to AP
"nerfs" to AP wont matter. They'll either just shift the VDR table down or make the modifiers based on save modifier instead of AP.

The old apoc one isn't bad, but it costs like 700 points.

You're fielding Black Templars so field what you think is fun.

this picture again. i can't tell if i hate it because it's terrible or because it's so terrible

>tiny baby arms
>weird waist
>is he landing or doing a dance?
>texture of wings is horrid

I don't think ADB really loves Abaddon. He was commissioned to write a book on him and in ADB fashion he tried to make him a relatable badass

I'm not too upset about it, never really interested in Necrons to begin with but as someone whos main draw is converting/painting the monolith has alot of potential for greatness.

Abaddon is a badass in his own way; but I think past his whole maturation arc into becoming master of the Black legion, no one really knows what to do with him. On one hand, hes as much of a chessmaster as his Primarch. On the other hand, he has to get down and dirty on the ground like its Thanos versus the Justice League all Saturday every Saturday. He just looks ridiculous now.

There isn't really a way to improve his image in the HH either, since he was mostly just a yes man throughout the Heresy.

>Tiny arms

Can't unsee it now.

I just want my fuck you door back. I mean its still nice to pick up a squad thats in danger and relocate them but i miss being able to remove any models that got close.
>oh you swept away my i2 warriors
> fuck you get off my lawn

Yeah it's pretty neat, but I remember it being a pain to assemble, what with the huge panels.

It doesn't matter, now that units always hit first on the charge.

I miss being able to suck a squad out of combat, reroll it's WWB roll, then hit everything with D6 guass shots.

If you aren't scratch building your monoliths you fucked up

This was over a decade ago when I first started.

If youre not grinding up beetle shells or minerals for your pigments youre in the wrong hobby

dow 3 open beta when

No, Abaddon is legitimately his favorite character and why he's happy that he got put in charge of all Chaos fluff.

Brothers I require assistance.

I have an 1850 league starting on Saturday and I want to run a unconventional Black Templars GSF.

Heretical I know. Has anyone else done this with any success? I was also thinking about a land raider spearhead with crusaders backed up by drop pods filled with ironclads.

Did you fingerpaint that?

One of the guys in my group might be making a Chinaman order soon and asked me if I needed anything.

Thinking about ordering a Contemptor Dreadnought.

Which Chinaman
Dreads are almost always perfect.

Invulnerable saves are usually supposed to be some sort of shielding, right? What if when making saves, you rolled the invulnerable save first followed by the armor save? Certain things would need to be changed for when you make that save, like Storm shields having 3++ in melee, but 5++ from shooting from the actual armor, but I think it would be a neat way to help termies with protection from small arms fire.

You'd have to nerf invun saves across the board.

>woah man, slow down

We have enough rolls to resolve every attack already, we don't need to add more.

If be fine with that, especially if the insane amount of AP1-3 gets hit.

I really want a novel of the Carcharadons vs Minotaurs, just to see Tyberos the Red Wake go toe to toe with Asterion Moloc in the fluff.

Should the amount of AP weaponry as a whole get toned back? I don't just mean AP2/3, ALL Ap. We're at a point where 5/6+ armor literally does nothing, and 4+ does nothing MOST of the time.

So I want to start painting and playing the Salamanders and I've got some questions to people that already play them:

Flameblade Strike Force or CAD ?
Battle Demi-Company or Storm Demi-Company ?
Vulkan or no Vulkan ?

>that image
>not including Best Guard

Nevermind, I just fucking stared at it for a minute and didn't see. Don't do drugs kids.

lets say you got 3 drop pods. so 2 would arrive turn 1.

do you choose which 2 that arrive? or do you roll for it?

Exactly, Armageddon Steel Legion is right there.

Yes you choose.

imgur.com/gallery/YXUv4

Leaked Tau rules for Shadow War: Armageddon

The funny thing is 5+/6+ armour might as well not exist for the amount of saves you would make. I've been playing Sisters of Battle for a few games and I've never made my 6+ invulnerable save.

>no riptide
dropped

That's just bad luck. I've been playing them since 4th, and I remember the first save I made. I had a lone sister take a meltagun to the face, save, and then proceed to explode a rhino. The 6+ save isn't something to rely on, but it is nice when it happens. You'll be glad when you make a critical save on your exorcist or something.

The same is true against anything else with a 5/6+ save.

>drones equipped with combat blades

haha, i totally know that feeling fellow sex-haver

what a inconvenience to you, missing sex.

why the hell would you not choose? read the rulebook.

drone uprising soon beep boop. do not trust the imperial servo skulls, they are not true drones

Do you guys use dice towers? I thought one might be a fun little thing to build for my local club, and disguise it as a terrain piece.

it kinda is being toned down. 8e is going back to save modifiers instead of the current all or nothing system.

From the necrommunda leaks they're lessened now as well, bolters are now -1 (so only completely ignore 6+sv) Even plasma guns are only a -3, turning 2+ into 5+.

>still ignoring 6+

its a small scale infantry skirmed game.
of course there's no MCs.

I was making a joke about Tau players.

Just take 'eavy armor
That's a 4+ armor save right

i use a dice box at my local GW(s) since it keeps down the noise and a lot of surfaces are uneven so no more cocked dice

'eavy armor would be even less worth it than it is now.

But it's 4ppm.

beep boop

That's true. Now Orks are only going to be getting a 5+ against most basic infantry guns, even if you spend over half their points for it.

At that point, charging anything more than 2 points is absolutely criminal.

One would hope they'll rebalance the costs around the new system.
Ah okay let me just run some calculations and...
What the fuck Imperial Guard pay like 1,5-2 points for Carapace armour

Hopefully Chaos Marines become cheaper.

One would hope so, as armor would be a lot less valuable than it is now.

on the other hand theyll be getting some sort of save against guns the wouldn't in 7e.

>Artificer Armor: 2+ rolled on 4D6

How big is your tower? I enjoy rolling my IG infantry squads by the handful, but the decrease in noise is probably the more curtious move

it's the box from one of the infantry sets. on a related note I went to pax south this year and there was decent interest for people selling dice towers

I don't think everything getting cheaper is good for the game overall, the issue is that some things are too cheap for what they do.

INCREASE EVERYTHING'S COST
Except Plasma Pistols and Power Weapons

If you're going to play 10 Sternguard put them in a single Squad instead of splitting them and Combat Squad. This way you can keep 4/5 combi-meltas in one team and put Two heavy flamers in the other. I'd advise against putting combi-flamers together with the heavy ones since they'll "remove" models from each others range.

Yeah but CSM and even Vanilla marines don't usually make their points back.

Which vanilla marines are most fun in kill team? Including FW chapters.

Black shirt at my local GW shown the the shadow war rules today

for the astra militarum, guardsman cost 50 points with veterans costing 60. Las guns cost 25 points per man with a max of 10 men in your gang. I think carapace armour costs 25 points as well

A heavy flamer for your special weapons operative costs 100 fucking points. Oh well, might be worth it

Did you see anything Chaos?

>drone initiative nerfed
But why?

Sounds like the usual necromunda points costs, may be a bit cheaper even.

Works differently in necromunda.

Yeah I did actually. Like astra militarum (with their special fellas being tempestus scions and the like" your special guys are I think raptors, and some other unit I cant remember

You can take 5 marks of chaos, 4 of the chaos gods and an undivided mark (so if you're an iron warriors player like me you can actually be fluffy while still maintaining a mark of chaos, which is amazing)

because initiative does different things in necromunda and the devs think drones shouldn't be good at those.

Aside from abstract costs, there needs to be more mechanical reasoning to not just spam shit like Riptide Wings. Show how unstable the new tech is (ie don't buff their reactors), and make it easier for certain unit types to engage Riptides while in turn leaving weaknesses that only Fire Warriors or Kroot could exploit, making it not just viable but reasonable to take those units.

Same would go for other armies.