I am creating a new culture for my DnD campaign that is contained to a small village

I am creating a new culture for my DnD campaign that is contained to a small village

Through magic and decades of selection of the most obedient halflings a tribe of humans has managed to raise a slave-race of halflings. Visually they look like halflings but mentally from the moment they are born their only desire is to please and serve whoever they recognize as their master. They basically have similar behavioral patterns to dogs. They are incredibly loyal to their masters and if need to be they will sacrifice their lives for them.

Now in this culture they pray to a god that demands a sacrifice every four yars. The sacrifice has to be a dozen sentient creatures that sacrifices itself voluntarily. If that doesn't happen their harvest in the following four yars will be ruined.

The real purpose for the alteration of these halflings was that the humans didn't want to sacrifice any of their own and in order and since they couldn't force sentient beings they captured in the surrounding areas to sacrifice themselves for them they came to the conclusion that they needed to create a race of beings that are just inherently brainwashed by default and sacrificing themselves is just part of their nature.

In fact "rescuing" them by saving them from the village will make them turn against the party by either attacking or resenting them. So their sole happiness and purpose is bound to that village and their self-sacrifice, preventing them from fulfilling that purpose is like torturing them and denying their very nature.

Would a Paladin that rescues these beings fall out of favor with his god? Can such an action be considered evil?

I'm really just trying to fuck over a powergaming self-righteous shithead that plays a Paladin.

>I'm really just trying to fuck over a powergaming self-righteous shithead that plays a Paladin.
Have you already told this person your grievances straightforwardly?

no. I want him to suffer.

>All the buildup for a shitty "would the paladin fall" thread.

If the player is a powergaming self-righteous shithead, just man up and kick him from the group instead of wasting time with this petty in-game bullshit.

Tell me more about these halflings. How cute are they?

again, he needs to suffer.

No, he doesn't. You're being a vindictive shit who's just as bad if not worse. Man up, stop wasting everyone else's time, and kick the guy out of the group instead of pussyfooting around it like a gossiping high school girl.

Since they were bred to be obedient they usually selected the halflings with the most gentle features. Big eyes and soft faces coincided with a more gentle nature. Of course that's not true for all halflings but generally speaking it is easier for a halfling to be gentle and kind if other species consider them to be cute.

So to get back to your question, since they were bred to be obedient only the cutest halflings were selected. They are probably the cutest halflings that exist at that land.

OP, is this bait or are you actually an idiot?

No this isn't bait. I want to ask if its within the realm of legal actions I can take as a GM to rule such an action as willingly evil so the Paladin loses his powers.

Don't be a little baby bitch.

Talk to him like an adult.

If not we'll see you in a That Guy thread three months from now.

Everyone go home, thread's over.

Good, good.

How do they like to show their affection?

if you do it like this the most likely outcome would be losing more than your paladin player.

Because i'm sure as hell nobody would play with a bitch babby like you.

Also, on the off-chance this isn't a troll thread, tell us what a paladin did and maybe we will suggest a better solution than your stupid tantrum.

Allow me to summarize this wall of text:

>I am too much of a bitch to actually talk to or kick a problem player from my group, listen to my stupid idea about how to rules-lawyer his character into sucking and then praise me for my autism/literal retardation.

>No this isn't bait. I want to ask if its within the realm of legal actions I can take as a GM to rule such an action as willingly evil

it is. You're a GM, so within the confines of the game you can do anything you want including paladin's god just randomly taking a dump on him, then excommunicating him and sending his best angels to rape, torture and kill him in the most humiliating manner before all his loved ones, broadcasting it all over the world.

But you're a GM, so your responsibility is to NOT do that and not to be a bitch baby.

You pretty much can't make a paladin fall without the player's consent. The paladin would know that what he's doing is against his code. He either doesn't do it because his god doesn't want him to, or he knowingly does it anyway because he personally thinks it's important enough to lose his powers over.

Otherwise you might as well just say, "You fall because I said so."

to prove their self-worth as an obedient halfling to their masters they frequently request physical torture as a "reward" for good behavior. So the same way a dog might love getting treats for performing tricks a halfling might enjoy getting strangled or kicked by their master.

You're a shit DM and your "culture" makes no sense.
Why didn't they just settle in a different place with actual crops? A god that demands human sacrifices just so you can EAT is a god no one would ever worship, let alone build a fucking race for the sole purpose of sacrifice.

Yeah, why not throw in even more fetishes while you're at it?

>Why didn't they just settle in a different place with actual crops?

because they believe that their god is vengeful and will follow them wherever they go. There was a secondary human settlement created by them in the nearby mountains that was burned to ashes almost a year after its creation. There were no survivors.

The villagers are convinced that their god doesn't want them to leave.

eh, it's basically just a DnD version of house elves from Harry Potter.

If it's considered evil to liberate slaves that don't want to be freed, why would you expect him to do it?

Mind explaining WHY you're out for some seriously petty revenge against this Paladin player?

Tell me more about this god. Why does he make the fire rise and leave no survivors?

>I'm really just trying to fuck over a powergaming self-righteous shithead that plays a Paladin.

Jesus Christ you're a beta.

Here's how you get rid of problem players:

>Dave, you're a cunt and I don't like you. You're not invited to any future sessions.

Or if that ruffles your jimmies too much:

>Dave, I've decided the two of us are a bad fit for each other. You're not invited to any future sessions.

>again, he needs to suffer.

>I care about how some shithead feels

Holy shit just get a room with him already.

>And I want him to feel bad

Wait nevermind, I'll roll it back: Are you sure it's HIM that's the shitheel? Because the only person I see around here who's actively making things worse? You.

This.

OP, story or you're just a lying bitch baby.

This is so pointlessly edgy I had to read it twice to make sure I was getting it right. There is no amount of breeding and god fuckery that should be able to make an intelligent species confuse torture for reward. You couldn't get a goddamn cockroach to make that connection. It's just a complete inversion of a Pavlovian response.

Any individual who thinks that way has simply been mindbroken at the most basic level, and their feelings on the matter shouldnt have the slightest impact on a players alignment. What ever gave you the idea that any good god would punish anyone who tries to take the halflings out of there?

>Any individual who thinks that way has simply been mindbroken at the most basic level, and their feelings on the matter shouldnt have the slightest impact on a players alignment.

This. The paladin's god would probably REWARD him for taking mindbroken slaves away from abuse and use his divine powers to undo the damage. Or at least he wouldn't punish paladin for mercy killing them.

it wasn't the god. It was a dragon. But the villagers are superstitious.

Also, the reason their crops go bad has nothing to do with sacrifices. When their village was build more than a century ago an incompetent farmer came up with this story to explain to a group of outlaws that were demanding protection money from nearby settlements that the reason his crops went bad this year was because they didn't have the three sacrifices to please their god. Eventually these outlaws disbanded after they were frequently attacked by mercenaries aiming to collect a bounty on them. Some of them decided to settle in that village. They married, had children and taught these children the myth about the sacrifice needed to keep the crops growing. After a particularly bad year a few decades later the villagers came to the conclusion that since their population had grown the god was now demanding more sacrifices. After they upped the sacrifices on the next ritual and the harvest stabilized they came to the conclusion that they were right. Every time they had a bad harvest they upped the number of sacrifices under the assumption that the god raised his demands.

there is magic in play. They weren't just conditioned to do so. Read the OP

If their sacrifice isn't actually required to save lives then why is it evil to rescue them from what appears to be an evil (or at least retarded) wizard that brainwashed them?

Because regardless of whether their sacrifice is necessary or not, THEY themselves want to be sacrificed. It doesn't matter to them whether it's pointless. Since their masters think it isn't pointless they also think it isn't pointless.

They're basically mind-controlled through magic, though. It's certainly not evil to save someone from clearly evil magic.
In fact, any god good enough to be Good and powerful enough to have a paladin, would probably want the paladin to save the slaves from something it knows isn't actually a deity.

no, they are not controlled by magic, magic was used to breed them to not have any sense of self-preservation. The point I'm making is that the breeding process wasn't natural in itself. It's just that there is no way for anyone to relief them from that magic by trying to dispell it somehow. The magic changed the nature of their physical being, it doesn't actively control them anymore.

OP, tell us what exactly paladin did. "Powergaming self-righteous shithead" is so vague that you might as well be farting into the air.
Probably better use of time than this to be honest.

So far it seems less like paladin did something wrong and more like you're a bitch babby.

But it was still evil magic in the first place that did it. Opposing evil is what paladins do.

Just stop being a bitch and talk to the guy about your problem with him. Though, I doubt your feelings are justified since you can't give us any examples.

OP, no part of your story makes sense.
The excuses you keep making up to explain how this settlement is supposed to work are just a convoluted and inconsequential mess. And even with that, there's no reason the Paladin would fall, neither for freeing the slaves nor for leaving them to their doom.

>being this jealous that someone else came up with a good idea for a culture that he couldn't come up with

The Mayans did. They didn't sacrifice by proxy, and did it in way larger numbers than this guy suggests. Just pointing out that it's not stupid or out of the question

Yeah, i think we done here.

OP confirmed for a lying bitch baby. At least this is a better bait than mastermind.jpg

>rocks fall, so do you

Mayans (and most of the other Mesoamerican cultures) even captured enemy warriors and sacrificed them to their gods. Capturing an enemy was seen as far more glorious than simply killing an enemy, and the high-ranking enemies or even kings were seen as the greatest possible offering.

That said, they only bothered sacrificing the particularly high-ranking enemies. The rest were killed simply, or used as slaves.

Human sacrifice aside, OP a shit. And somehow he seems to have created a thread that is both bait and magical realm, and now he's mad about it?

Grow a fucking pair and kick the little bitch. You're worse then furries and That Guys, because you're a fucking coward.

>I'm really just trying to fuck over a powergaming self-righteous shithead that plays a Paladin.- 43 posts and 5 image replies shown.
Yeah, sure. It's not like that basically read like a Fatalpulse plot or anything. That's a complete coincidence.