MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Sap Edition

Last Thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Why do you think there were no green invocations?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unimaginative-sedris-deck/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/birdface/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-02-15-xenagos-smash/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cast-away-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why do you think there were no green invocations?

The invocation theme seemed to be control. Or as I put it, "cards Bolas would run in his deck".

They could have printed something like Nature's Claim or Beast Within, but overall green doesn't really fit into that.

Well, there's a lesson everyone else already knew but I learned just now.
Don't ever put your cards on the same surface as your drink.
Fuck me.

You should have double sleeved

If they wanted to be real sadistic they would have given us Plow Under

double sleeve and you won't have any problems.

It wasn't a deck. It was some common piles I was sorting. The lower fifths of which have now fused together. I now no longer own any Muddle the Mixtures.

is it just me or is the timing of the gunshot/bloodspray off?

Fuck yeah Sapling! I made a deck of her after I bought her foil card. I love it. We'll probably get green shit in next set.
Maybe Eternal Witness and Summoner's pact/Chord of Calling/Tooth and Nail

Well that sucks.

More like the gun doesn't kick that hard. That looks more like the guy hit his head and had a massive concussion

Any easy tricks to make shuffling less painful?
I have small hands because of my physique so shuffling is hard

Mash shuffling shouldnt be too hard with good sleeves. The trick is a loose grasp. I have a friend who just can't mash because hes putting too much pressure on the cards and they don't have room to slide over each other. He can't seem to learn.

you can always just split the deck in half then mash shuffle those

I got trump tier small hands and shuffling a double sleeved EDH deck is no problem. An easy solution is to rest your cards on your playmat as you shuffle them.

His fingers are long and beautiful!

I want to build Sedris, what's some spicy tech for him?
Is there any non-infinite combo worth mentioning? I already run Ghave and i don't want another deck where i go infinite to win.

You can abuse unearth with anything that blinks stuff into exile. It will track and you will get it back. So stuff like deadeye and conjurers closet. That's about as spicy as you get for him without being a combo deck and abusing buried alive/intuition.

Mash shuffle, rest your hands and arms on your chest or stomach, have a loose grip. The cards won't fall out because the only direction they can go is away from your body so it's easy to angle your cards in the opposite direction.

This guy can go infinite with Priest of Gix, but other than that, this is really good tech with Sedris and a sac outlet. Imagine having Ashnod's Altar and drawing 2 cards for B with Mulldrifter.

Thanks user, I'll check it out and then probably inevitably not join because I cannot into strangers.

That's some pretty spicy jank.
Flicker effects in general are probably worth a mention, since they make Unearth into Reanimate, and work well with the ETB effects your deck probably has. I recommend Worldgorger Dragon.
There's also Mirror-Mad Phantasm, but you're going to have to put some effort into making that effective.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unimaginative-sedris-deck/
How does this look?

They should give it a functional reprint costing GGGG.

If I attack with Order of Whiteclay, can I use its untap ability to remove it from combat during the declare blockers step?

Post em

Untapping it does not remove it from combat

>If I play this forest, can I use its tap ability to win the game?
no, you twat

Any protips for Omnath, Locus of Rage EDH decks?

Post the Kangee list. I have played him, and bird tribal can get digusting if left unchecked.

double sleeving is for autists

elemental bond, chandra flamecaller, and blade of selves are good cards and you should play bloodmoon so people can fuck off of your boardstate and let you kill your own dudes.

Perilous Forays + Lotus Cobra

Give me a moment, I don't have one up yet.

Put in all the G/R fetches, crucible of worlds, titania, and splendid reclamation.
The best secret tech for Omanth is pic related though

Amulet of vigor, fertlid and concordant crossroads/fires of yavimaya are pretty strong.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/birdface/

Here's my list

What does your xenagos look like? Is it the same old quietus spike, malignus, heartless hidestugu death touch trample baloney that everyone runs?

When you blink anything that's been put into play with Unearth, it gets exiled.

Well, sundial of the infinite lets you keep things forever.

>Why do you think there were no green invocations?
because the RC got to them.
there will be a coup.

>I have small hands
us small handed people can still shuffle well
My hands keep me from playing piano but I can mash shuffle well. You just need practice took me about 2 months to get it right but once I did not only did my decks actually become randomized but its also fun to do.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unimaginative-sedris-deck/
Seems kind of light on card draw, prone to get stuck with too many big things in the hand and the Phantasm combo is pretty sketchy.
You also said you didn't want to go infinite yet you put in Animate Dead + Worldgorger.

>When you blink anything that's been put into play with Unearth, it gets exiled.
And then returned to the battlefield.

Untapping doesn't remove attacking creatures from combat, unless the ability states so, such as with Reconnaissance

Sorta
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-02-15-xenagos-smash/

Keep in mind that you have to use it when unearth's delayed trigger is on the stack and if someone kills the creature or you sac it, it will be exiled.
Blinking returns them to the battlefield, since unearth 'sees' the creature already going in exile, so it's replacement effect doesn't happen.

hi edhg, i took a break from magic for a while and want to get back into commander. has anything cool happened in the last year i should know about?

Nice. Looks like it's fun. Theres a few cards I would personally cut, but since its a pet deck I am not gonna try to force my shit deckbuilding views on you.

I've never seen Battle Screech before. That thing looks super fun.

Also I just had to attach this image of Aven Brigadier. Its probably one of the best card arts in magic.

It's very much a "lets have fun" kind of deck. It's never meant to win often but it makes game pretty fun. Also, I like being known as the Karador/Storm player that also carries U/W birds

>Seems kind of light on card draw, prone to get stuck with too many big things in the hand and the Phantasm combo is pretty sketchy.
Since Sedris uses a lot the graveyard I was trying to go for wheels or loot effects more than regular card draw, should I remove phantasm and lab maniac for more loot effects like dig through time and stuff like that? Is there anything else i don't really need?
>You also said you didn't want to go infinite yet you put in Animate Dead + Worldgorger.
Didn't notice that, i'm gonna remove Animate Dead for Reanimate then

What you need is Teferi's Veil

Am I having Deja-Vu?

Is this pasta

I've seen these two exact posts before.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-02-15-xenagos-smash/
But user, how do you win without card draw?

I just wild out

It's mostly theorizing on my part, but I'm not sure if wheel effects are all that great in your deck currently, because you can't effectively empty your hand. I'm concerned that they're going to be more beneficial for one of your opponents a lot of the time.

It comes down to a bit of how you want the deck to play though. I would probably run significantly fewer big cards, because Sedris himself is a pretty big mana-dump, but I assume you put them in there because you like them. And maybe your approach is more "unearth a big thing and get it to stick permanently", as opposed to "flicker your opponents to death", "Grixis control with Unearth for extra value" or "get a lot of mana and then Unearth everything for victory". Figure out how your deck plans to win (or have fun), what cards are necessary to execute that, and then fill the rest with things that are generally important. Disruption to stop your opponents, card draw to hit your land drops, the boring stuff.

>that 4.49 curve
Seriously user, looks like you're going to have a lot of dead draws.

Got a list for Selenia?

We got actual 4 color legends and cards that allow you to run 2 commanders.

I do, but it hasn't been updated in a long time. My first iteration almost bears no resemblance to it's current form, save for the general suicide black/lifeswap theme.

Anyone got spicy tech for Edric. I want my flyingmen.dek to have some flare.

>tfw just smashing the whole table to death with mono green saprolings

Can you put the ability of Selenia on the stack and lose 2 life as often as you want?

Of course, just hold priority, and activate her ability for as much life (in iterations of two) as you're willing to pay.

Krenko is a one-trick pony and gets boring really fast. Grenzo is ten times the fun. I made him commander in my Goblin deck and never regretted it.

Sundial of the infinite exiles the unearth exile trigger
Teferi's veil phases out the unearthed creature, bypassing the trigger
Conjurer's closet exiles it, the unearth trigger does not replace the effect, and then closet brings it back

That's your secret tech.

Yes, because paying life is the cost. You may pay any costs for activated abilities as many times as you want without the ability having to resolve in between. Many abilities require a tap though so be mindful.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

I'm not sure Edric has any unusual tech, he's just balls-out-fuck-you tempo and it works.

Play Forbid and make everyone hate you.

Holy shit.

Oh christ I wasn't prepared

People are calling them bicycle lands

What are the odds that those will be cheap like Temples as soon as they leave standard?

Haha funny

>etb tapped
it's shit.

Fun isn't allowed. SSG will eventually force something sterile and marketing friendly.

Haha, twelve minutes into the new Starcity Commander VS and it's the best.

>cycling
Check yourself.

Fuck off.

I'm already playing two strictly-worse lands in Mina and Denn, I'm game. All aboard the loam train.

>People are calling them bicycle lands

it's now the official naming of the lands

what else would you call them? cycle-lands? too boring

Also cycle land is already reserved for the original cycling lands.

>ebt tapped
into the trash it goes. it would be acceptable if it was a hybrid mana of the two allied colors but two colorless is two much its barely playable in edh in its current form

At least it has the basic's keywords in there

Actually colorless is better since this exist

Obviously we will call them Amon-Lands, after the Magic: The Gathering(tm) set from which they come. A term like "bicycle lands" might be too arcane for new players and the casual segment of tournament viewership. To achieve greatest accessibility we will refrain from using such difficult jargon. :^)

>What are the odds that those will be cheap like Temples as soon as they leave standard?
Near 100%, ETB tapped.

Don't be like this user.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cast-away-2/

Felt like trying out partners. Now I have a weird voltron tax thing. Is it jank enough to work?

Now I want a Muddle the Mixtures coaster.

>Jeskai big spells.dec
Unless helmed by Narset, it sucks on principle desu

Is there any way to make Abzan/counter stuff work in a spell & combo heavy meta? I was thinking of replacing my commander with Dragonlord Dromoka instead of Anafenza, but then i'd lose black colours...

To be fair, Jeskai is lacking in options. Narset is no fun though, so I'd prefer Zedruu. The problem is that Zedruu doesn't work with that strategy.

Zedruu was my first EDH deck and the one that made me hate Jeskai.

But I don't want to be that guy

I also was considering going with Numot and trying to be more of a prison. But then I thought the Ishai and Kraum combonwould be funny

Jam hatebears.

Fuck, *combo would

Is "spell meta" a way of saying control? Because Karador shits all over control unless it's exile based.

Prove that you're good at magic edhg

These 3 enter the battlefield at the same time.

How many counters?

>barely playable in edh
Only if your meta is cancer.

Scrylands, bouncelands, manlands, vivids, monocycling etc. are very commonly played in EDH, not to mention the much worse gates, refuges and regular taplands.

What's causing them to enter at the same time?

The number of counters varies based on how you use the stack.