Total War Warhammer 2

youtu.be/fXxe897bW-A
Why CA makes better trailers than Relic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N_ZgyNoHtjw
totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-30-total-war-warhammer-2-creative-assembly-answers-the-big-questions
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iQm9rcWxLZXlQWVE/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why are they making a sequel instead of an expansion?

didn't anyone learn from fucking blood bowl where every expansion made a brand new game you had to pay full price for that this kills your playerbase?

Same amount of content as the original game.
It basically is an expansion that is also standalone, since
>Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total Warâ„¢ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.
From the steam page.

That sounds like it will be hell on my comp.

They've been working on engine improvements.
This is the old engine with 25000 instances running in 13.5ms

Ah, good, I was worried for a bit there. I couldn't really see how they could expand upon the new world when all races aside from small warbands and explorers were already represented.

I wonder if you'll be able to walk from the old world to the new through the chaos wastes.

So, does this just leave the Tomb Kings and Ogre Kingdoms?

Updated engine running 125000 (5x the number) instances in 9.5ms

And Chaos Demons.

Those are the last 3 of the 15 that had officially supported armies at the end of WHFB.

Still could put in Chaos Dwarfs, though. Or maybe something like Kislev or make a Dogs of War army. Those 3 have had army books in past editions.

There's going to be a third game. The far east and south will probably be added with Daemons, Ogres and Tomb Kings in that one. And, dare we hope, Chaos Dorfs.

And Daemons, but if the rumours are true they'll be saved for the third game.

From the steam page:
"Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map" The map is going to end up freaking huge, also if they're including the southlands I imagine that tomb kings will be included as a DLC race for this one, possibly released when the do impliment the single combined map.

Maybe even Cathay? I'd love that, because it's talked about multiple times but it's never had models or been statted.

They've confirmed that both Xpacs will drop with 4 races.
> Empire, Orcs, Vampires, Dwarfs
> DLC Chaos, Beasts, Brets, Wood Elves
> High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizards, Skaven
> Ogres, Tomb Kings, Daemons and Chaos Dwarfs

It's gonna be Dark Crusade all over again and it feels so fucking great.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If they do Cathay before giving us a true Total War:China I will burn their studio down.

Total war games are always done right when it comes to expansions, you have nothing to worry about.

They say the next historical Total War is on the way in a period they've never done before. Which pretty much means China or World War One.

American Civil War.

God I hope it's ww1/2

Well if it's WWI they might get it done in time for the centennial of it's end.

I think that was Empire

> Please be pic related

Wonder if TW:W has opened the door for more magical and mythological bullshittery. Seeing 3 Kingdoms done up with Dragons and Wizards could be kind of fun.

Why can people not understand that this is an expansion and a stand alone game.

Game companies have been doing this for years.

I mean this trailer is so much better than this.
youtu.be/N_ZgyNoHtjw
>elves look like elves
>magic vortex that saves whole world
>grandiose battle at end

>Dow3
>marines only kill grots
>hideous skeleton banshee
>only noticeable scene is knight impaling wraithknight

Empire, Napoleon, and Fall of the Samurai all generally fall in that general time period/style of war. Especially Fall of the Samurai with its gatling guns and railroad systems.

Dude I'd love a Dog's of War army. Imagine how weird that'd play. It'd be like playing a hoard army, but with a huge focus on diplomacy. Maybe even weird battles were you're fighting other mercs and get bribed to just make it look good instead of actually engaging in a casualty heavy battle.

My only objection here is the Slann growling. I get that things need to be exciting, but I always thought they were supposed to be weirdly placid creatures.
Also, tacti-cool Elves with crossbows is rad.

It would be nice. But everything we know about the far east, Cathay, Nippon, Kingdoms of Ind, could be summed up on a single piece of paper

Although with the huge creative scope they have would be nice if GW told them to "go crazy" and see what they come up with.

Victoria Total War would be sweet.

He's still pretty placid compared to the rampaging murder lizards he's commanding. Frankly, I've been on this website too long because I fully expected him to let out a fucking REEEEEE.

Dare we hope and dream for naval Total War?

Does this mean they're done with the Old World? Because I really wanted Kislev.

Option A is introducing the Tsarina or Tsar Boris as Empire characters, and treating it as another province. Similar to how Orcs/Goblins or Dwarfs/Angrund work.
Option B is to get license to go absolutely hogwild with new units and models. War Wagons, Lancers, Ice Wizards and even meme up some Bear Cavalry.

I'd hope that if they ever did Cathay that they would give every unit from early to late-game a larger number of troops than the equivalents from other factions so it's always a large army.

They where scouting Gettysberg recently. My guess is that it's going to Total War: Victoria. Won't be for a few years though.

If I've read their announcements correctly sometime after TW:W2 drops they're going to basically expand the map to be the entire Warhammer World and the factions from games you don't own will basically work like factions from DLC you haven't bought. PC gets them, you can't fight them, just need to fork out dough to be them.

Also if Creative Assembly keeps up their 4 races trend then it's either going to be Kislev or Chaos Dwarfs in the last batch, since they're otherwise out of factions.

>Why CA makes better trailers than Relic?

Games companies almost always contract an outside creative agency to make trailers.

>that rat at the end
So we're getting best faction this time?

Dwarfs are in the first one though.

CA has their own cinematic department.

>Cathay
Well duh, I mean it's kinda hard to miss the Lizardmen in the trailer dude.

Vampire Counts were in the First game

They're free too.

STUPID MAN-THINGS REEEEEE!!!

So.... will there be sub factions?

Its quite easy to see the Empire fighting against each other as well as Skaven and DE.

But High Elves and Lizard Men?

Why druchii are so sexy?

Get them out of the Forest user

>Why druchii are so old and busted?
FTFY

Probably penalties for civil war like Bretonnia.

I really hope theres a unite the elves option for both factions

yes, high elves were anounced some time ago

But user the empire has already been in since the beginning.

In 6th Edition, High Elves had a special rule called 'Intrigue at Court' to represent all the problems their shitty political systems suffer from. Not to mention that their entire history is one long civil war.
Put a Dark Elf raiding host in Ulthuan, give them some of the coastal regions. Regional Princes are fucking arrogant and I can totally see Imrik declaring against Tyrion, for example.

Lizards are harder to fluff.
Just make the 4 Temple Cities into distinct factions. If you go to war against a friendly NPC race, it's your own fucking fault.

>So we're getting best faction this time?
Yep, our God finally manifested himself in vidoe games.
Praise kek

CA and relic use the same studio to outsource their cinematic to.
CA literally remade relic after THQ went down.

Relic is the autistic little sister to CA's sassy working-2-jobs big sister.

They look like old whores high on crack

There are going to be Pepe reskin mods, aren't there?

Yes.

>CA and relic use the same studio to outsource their cinematic to.
Why it looked so much worse then?

It's because DoW3 shit the bed by being faggy MOBA trash in an attempt to get into eSports. The trailer was serious and brooding and then you watch the colorful mobile phone looking graphics in the gameplay reveal and want to vomit. You can have colors and pretty graphics without looking like shit, and Total Warhammer is the best example of this

>trips

Holy shit.

because you have tisms.

Relic went full stylized based on their own interpretation.
CA stuck to the TT models we know and love.

PRAISE HIM

trips confirm

Fuck KEK.

totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html

Chaos dwarfs are confirmed in the confirmed legit leak.

While they have said that their plans have changed since the leak. It seems more like their plans have changed in that "they're planning on adding more shit than leak indicates". So Chorfs are still highly likely.

As it should be, they pump themselves with drugs as 40k counterparts.

>Relic went full stylized based on their own interpretation.
Their interpretation sucks. Even Gathering Storm portrayed universe better. especially third book had best art.

>Why it looked so much worse then?

Different amount of shekels shed for each one, also possibly because of the criticism they got from DOW III trailer.

God I hate Malekiths stupid gold face mask.

There is. It's called conquering them.

Just having a dark spot in the helmet would have looked retarded in almost all lightning situations.

people liked relic's version until they saw the gameplay.

I suppose we already know the TW:WH gameplay and seeing elfs in it makes people happy.

Will we be able to help Malekith reclaim his rightful title of Phoenix King?

The only things wrong with DoW III's trailer were the Space Marines' weird lanky proportions and the strange 'artsy' setting of the whole thing. Individually everything looked great, especially the Banshee.

Can't wait to send Karl and the gang to naggaroth to BTFO dark elfs.
and get a crack elf waifu.

Then CA did a good job.

I think a floating haze of darkness could work.

>add couple races, cut all others
>same engine, same game really
>is really a standalone DLC desu
>call it a sequel
>buck in next 60 euro

fucking cancer

Well, there's the Lizardmen at large led by Skaven, but maybe the Sotek worshiping skinks as a separate subfaction?

>send Karl and the gang to naggaroth
First you'll have to deal with Chaos, Orcs, Beastmen, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves and Dark Elf Corsairs coming to you at the same time while Middenland refuses to confederate.

Playing Empire in the global campaign will be next level of fucked up.

They've been doing drugs and every single depraved thing you can think of for centuries, of course they won't look like virgins.

Its better than plain sigmarine face, i dig his grin.

>Just having a dark spot in the helmet would have looked retarded
Nope

Just show off his scarred and burned angry face like they used to.

It's never going to be that. It wouldn't work with total war battles. 150-man SMG squads moving and fighting in tight formation doesn't make any sense.

What the fuck happened along the line to make me wince when I see Gav Thorpe's name?

>dat face

>implying I don't welcome it.
Teaming up with dorf and elfbros to save the world is something I have long awaited.

And no, wood elfs don't count.

Would rather help Malus overthrow the whiny manchild and become true king of the dark elves.

>wood elfs don't count
Tell that to Tree Hitler who attacks your Brettonian allies for no reason while all your stacks are away fighting Archaon.

>When Morathi and Alarielle cucks you

which is why they don't count dumbass.
they are literally chaos elves.

The game's probably going to be shit, but that beksinski-fever-dream trailer was fucking amazing.

You know it

>But High Elves and Lizard Men?
High elves are the only faction in the wargame to have actual rules to represent their incessant politicking.

Lizardmen would just be various chieftans/slaan butting heads over their personal interpretations of the old one's will.

Hold up, so Cathay is in? We terracotta legions now?

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-30-total-war-warhammer-2-creative-assembly-answers-the-big-questions
IR: That's right. There's also an area called the Southlands.

Who lives there?

AB: We're not ready to talk about that yet.

TOMB KANGZ

WE

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iQm9rcWxLZXlQWVE/view

Best case scenrio is we get them as a non playable faction like the Brets, but still with a unqiue rooster, and there later added as free DLC.

settra better be OP as fuck

I laughed at that shot.