/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for N'Gasta

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1514245-trans-kalpic-world-eating-nords/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Development_Team
en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Development_Team
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lets talk about Ysgramor, and the possible meanings of him being a "Dragon".

Dragonborn are dragons.

We know that if person of non argonian race drink HIST juice then this person will become 'argonian' in terms of being connected to Hist , but is it possible for them to transform into Lizardfolk too?

Was Ysgramor dragonborn?

>but is it possible for them to transform into Lizardfolk too?
I can only hope.

Wasn't there some gang that sold Hist sap as a drug in Oblivion? I remember it having effects like skooma on non-Argonians.

It was rotten sap or something, it had the same effect on Argonians as well.

This theory definitely deserves some recognition.
forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1514245-trans-kalpic-world-eating-nords/

dead
I need cool images

>too teutonic

Couple questions

How does Necromancy in the elder Scrolls work?

How does interbreeding between the races work? If the mother is elf and the father is a man will the child still be elf?

So self respecting dunmer would mate with the beast races and outlanders.

Necromancy works by tricking corpses into sleepwalking on the Dreamsleave.

Unfortunately, they forgot about this past Skyrim, because now Ghosts talk to people in the present tense instead of passively, mistakingly or otherwise.

Ghosts that do talk to you are probably in utter agony for a number of reasons, but basically, on a cosmic scale, Necromancy is the very art of Doing it EVIL WRONG.

Just what the fuck did Ancano think he was doing?

What about Dunmer ancestral necromancy then?

When were Nords introduced to Dragons? How? Where?

Atmora.

How?

Atmora.

think Planar ally.

In Atmora the early nords worshiped the aedra in the form of animal totems, one of which was the dragon. So it's assumed that both the remnants of the wandering ehlnofey and the dragons settled there.

Thank you

I saw someone reference Morrowind recently as an example of 'ancient aliens' stories in a really matter-of-fact way and it's been driving me up the fucking wall.

I spent months lore-diving. Trawled the Imperial Library, obsessed over coincidences in music, discovered theories as bizarre as Talos the TAL Operating System, yet this shit's news to me. Was user simply mistaken or have I managed to miss the forest for the trees here?

Nords are objectively the best race in Skyrim. Why? Because frost magic is encountered the most frequently, interferes with 2 of the 3 main playstyles by draining stamina, makes you slower, and is used by the toughest enemies.

>but is it possible for them to transform into Lizardfolk too?
Defeats the point IMO. Argonians are reptilian due to circumstance, not necessity. It'd be like if people turned brown upon converting to Islam (exploit away, I'm 2tired).

>because now Ghosts talk to people in the present tense instead of passively, mistakingly or otherwise.

Not true, ghosts in Morrowind that were not ancestor spirits did exist, and talked in the present tense.

>Argonians are reptilian due to circumstance, not necessity.
Maybe the Hist likes their lizardy forms, and wants all to share in it.

Minmaxers pls go

Are there others who've achieved CHIM besides Vivec?

(Supposedly) Tiber Septim.

Anyone know where to find concept art for Oblivion? Bethesda's flickr has the DLC concept art but not the main game.

I want to see if the concept art for Oblivion is as half-realized as the Skyrim concept art was for Skyrim.

I would love too, but it seems it was never released to the public, except for a very limited amount of images used in promotion.

Also, unlike Shivering Isles, nobody's even credited for Concept Art for base Oblivion:
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Development_Team
en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Development_Team

Okay valid salad. Beyond him?

Not to my knowledge.

Seems like KINGs come few and far between.

On the interbreeding, just read Racial Phylogeny. It has everything.
Morrowind doesn't really much to do with Ancient Aliens, but TES setting on large can be easily interpreted asan Ancient Aliens setting. See Akatosh's spaceship, Mundus being a sort of reality making computer (this is why it's TalOS), Clockwork City (which supposedly is older than Sotha Sil and has something to do with Mundus being a machine) in Morrowind full of electronic circuits and cybernetics, Pelinal (literally an ancient alien) etc.

No, that's dumb. Get your scale-fantasies out of here.

>Shit racial power
>Passive can be achieved by being a vampire
The best are Altmer, Bretons, and Orcs. Luckily race doesn't matter as much so it's not as huge of a deal than in a game like Morrowind.

>Literally
No canon present.

The hrines in the new LoZ vaguely remind me of the Redoran-favored mini dome buildings, and the mummified monks have me thinking of sacred necromancy. Plus it joins with morrowind in whetting my appetite for more pilgrimage based content.

>tfw not autistic enough to enjoy pre-morrowind games

Redguard doesn't need autism. It still needs high tolerance of bad gameplay and a computer with Win98 to run it.

I wish someone would do Open Redguard. It deserves it.

The Ruddyman

This is true, but often overlooked which is funny because Vehk himself got CHIM from Ruddy Man aka Molag Bal.

>giving a shit about racial power
>being a vampire
Negro please. Bretons only matter because late game you can get to the magic resist cap with fewer items, but late game everyone is equally OP anyway, EARLY game is the only time racial abilities matter, and your magic resistance can eat a dick compared to 50% frost. What uses frost? ALL draugr, half of falmer magic, 1/3rd of bandits and wizards, and frost breath dragons have more HP than their fire counterparts. Frost also fucks with stamina for power attacks and slow time archery. Altmer are only good if you're playing a mage, and what kind of faggot does that?

for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion for Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters from Oblivion

Nuh-uh, it's neato!

>How does interbreeding between the races work? If the mother is elf and the father is a man will the child still be elf?
Race goes from mothers side. Child of Elf mother and Human father would be like an elf.

You should give a shit actually.
Dunmer vampires dont get penalty for fire, for example.

Sometimes the offspring will be of mixed race though, especially if interbreeding continues for a long time such as in case of Bretons. Some of in-game books also make references to that kind of thing and there's also Helseth who possibly inherited human like ears from his non-elven father although it's also said that he had surgery to change them.

>tfw not ADD enough to not enjoy pre-morrowind games

Yes, I meant this on short term relations.
I wonder if Humans and Elves will interbreed on such massive levels, that they will finally become one Ehlnofey race again?...

As I understand it Bretons aren't real half-breeds so to speak, they're still humans just with a bunch of elf traits
Races aren't purely biological in TES as far I know anyway, babies always inherit the mother's race, but with some traits from the father still retaining, think like the kid of a bosmer dad and I dunno a nord mother would still be a nord for all intends and purposes, but possibly slightly smaller than other nords, or slightly tanner or something like that
So bretons are more like the product of generations of nedic women giving birth to Altmer babies, they're still humans but with each successive generation have retained enough traits of the elves that they're clearly distinct from other humans

Maybe I'm just plain wrong though, whatever

Helseth's father was Symmachus, a Dunmer.

I can at least get you a few more pieces user.

TES is weird on half-breeds, and I think the lore's flipped and flopped on the subject. Remember the half-vampire from Oblivion?

Damn, you're right. I had forgotten he was a Dunmer being Imperial general and all that.

Has a TES game ever given you a story that you legitimately got emotionally involved in?

What are these pics supposed to be? I don't remember things like that from Oblivion?

It's definitely TES stuff, but I'm not actually sure myself. Might be Shivering Isles art.

Morrowind in many different ways. Sympathy for plight of Ashlanders, annoyed by bitchiness of Azura, awed by Vivec and Sotha Sil (genuinely maddened by Alma though), some Dagoth dungeons genuinely scaring me for the first time etc.

Who is that?

See

It is

Adamowicz's Shivering Isles concept art
Shame he died, I loved his stuff

The Ruddy Man was a monster who battled Vivec twice according to the teachings of the Tribunal Temple. He is a carapace who gives power to those who wear him, although he is sometimes considered a dreugh, or an aspect of Molag Bal worshipped by the dreughs.

According to the Temple, the Ruddy Man was created when a Velothi child from Gnisis found a dead carapace, supposedly Molag Bal's old image from a previous kalpa where he ruled Mundus as chief of the dreugh-kings. Wanting to scare his village, the child wore the carapace, and the Ruddy Man was formed. Vivec did battle with the monster at the Koal Cave site near Gnisis, creating the West Gash region of Vvardenfell; it is said that the sounds of battle still echo in the region. Vivec was victorious, and brought the carapace to the Queen of Dreughs to guard it from the surface world. Instead, the treacherous dreughs gave it to a wayward shaman from the House of Troubles, and the Ruddy Man appeared ten years later outside Tear. After defeating him again, Vivec gave the monster's carapace to the devout and loyal mystics of the Number Room, who made "a philosopher's armor" out of it, sealing one of their own sages inside for eternal study.

The Shrine of Valor was set up in the Koal Cave by the Temple and served as part of the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces. Pilgrims were told that the Ruddy Man was the father of all dreughs, and that Vivec spared his life if he agreed to give up their tough hides as armor for the Dunmer.

Forgot to greentext to show it was a quote from the UESP, my bad.

I've come to find the whole inheriting the mother's race thing to be strange and not very well thought out.
I mean think about the political climate of Septim Era Tamriel. The entire continent is under one monarch and split amongst nine large provinces each themselves ruled by a king. Now the most obvious course of action would be for each of these noble families to marry their daughters off to other nobles outside of their rulership to gain powerful allies (think Morgiah marrying the King of Firsthold or even Barenziah marrying Helseth). But having all your sons married to foreign daughters would then result with all of your children's heirs being a distinctly different race from your own. By that sense every king and queen of Tamriel would eventually be of a diffferent race from the people they rule. Unless of course we are to say that the royal families of Tamriel all knowingly practice eugenics, which just seems odd.

So, I've noticed, that one of old Georgian alphabets resembles daedric script. Whats your opinion about it?

Indeed, it is.
second one being palace of new sheoth

>not very well thought out
Well yeah I agree it's dumb as fuck, but it is what it is and I guess Beth can retcon it whenever it suits them but for now it's canon
As I see it it was born out of some misguided attempt to explain in the lore how you have distinct "races" as tangible physical variants even within one "species" like humans for example
I mean I can call myself "white" or caucasian or whatever, but it means literally nothing
We're all mutts of one sort or another in real life, but for gameplay purposes that doesn't really work I guess, and somebody had the need to explain in in-lore instead of waving it off as just a mechanical limitation

Dunno, but personally I've found that Dwemer script resembless Hebrew and Japanese katakana which oddly resembles Hebrew. I find this amusing because Dwemer are clearly Sumerian while it's Dunmer who influenced by jews and Japanese.

All the elven scripts look the same

Thank you! I was busily flipping out over the concept of a daedra achieving CHIM. Thatd be a thorny issue at the very least. But a mer with aspects of a daedra? Okay I'll take that.

I've also thought the same way.
I think that cuneiform would better fit to dwemer than dragons...

Daedric-Georgian
Dwemer-Hebrew and Katakana
Draconic-Cuneiform

noe, what about falmer?

It's clearly stated in Sermons that Vivec got CHIM by biting it off from Bal's dick, so I don't know why it's thorny. Of course Molag Bal (in this kalpa) doesn't have CHIM (atleast it's not active), but he used to be Ruling King of Dreugh kalpa which is probably why Vehk was able to learn CHIM from him.

Since Bal was the Ruler of the Dreugh Kalpa, would that mean during that Kalpa he was Aedric instead of Daedric? Or is my understanding of Aedra and Daedra fuckered?

Aedra were involved in creating Nirn, Daedra were not.

I believe it was just a manifestation of Molag Bal, rather than lord of domination himself

There's the effeminate race portraits that everyone uses for some reason.
So it probably sucks anyway.

Would that make Molag Bal """not a proper Daedra""" then? As in he's not a powerful et'Ada that just didn't take part in the Mundus project, but rather a mortal that "apotheosised" and learned how to dodge the end of the world and stay in his own pocket dimension of Oblivion?
Apply this to Talos, if another change of kalpa ever comes would Talos then carry on as a "Daedric" prince maybe by some other name?

Molag Bal is one of the strongest Daedra in existence, who may be slightly weaker then sheogorath and jyggalag
Then again, sheogorath is actually Hero of Kvatch, formerly human, so who knows...

I think it would. Afaik Dagon (originally known as Leaper Demon King) is from another kalpa like that too and then there's Meridia. Not sure which ones of the Daedra are actually "proper" ones if any.

>last letter
>hoe

>and it looks like person in a wheelchair

This changed everything!!! What else was left behind? The hist, the dreugh... Molag motherfuckering Bal... What else?

I think every spirit starts out as an et'Ada, before becoming a Daedra or an Aedra. You see it with Malacath and Meridia.