Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you deal with players who insist on using a nodachi as a Western-themed character just for the weapon stats?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Yeah you're right pretending you're a barbarian that can take hits with your shit hitdie and no way to improve con is totally better

>How do you deal with players who insist on using a nodachi as a Western-themed character just for the weapon stats?

I say that they can use it......once they have in game traveled all the way to Tian-Xia, forged one themselves from adamantine which they had to gather themselves from Numeria and this has to happen before level 2 within the span of less than a month.

RE
FLUFF
IT

Seriously I've said it dozens of times now: Just call it a claymore, and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with refluffing a weapon to match what you want. A pirate-themed magus can call their scimitar a cutlass if they want to since they're functionally-identical, a Chinese paladin can wield a Dao instead of a Longsword, a Tulwar is just an Elven Curve Blade or an Aldori Dueling Sword. It DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER, as long as you're not cheating with your stats.

I assume they imported the weapon or bought it at a Tian curio shop. The player will get curious looks, but really, whatever. It's not going to disrupt the game.

>How do you deal with players who insist on using a nodachi as a Western-themed character just for the weapon stats?
If that actually happened, I'd probably just get rid of the player. Optimization does have its place, but that's not it.

I'm pretty much fine with this too, desu

He's right though, with evasion and high AC, you don't need as much Con, as previous monks, in addition with 4+int skills you'll be OK most of the time and won't need to put your FCB into skills.

Plus the d10 hitdie is like a +2 to con over your regular old monk

Strength, Dex, and Wis are your most important stats, then Con

It probably goes something like

Strength/Wis/Dex > Con > Int > Cha

I want to give that girl a hug.

Probably not accept them into the party because it shows a degree of muchkining that i'm not comfortable with.

So what are the choice husbando apps if you manage to be the only female who gets into Legacy?

My app is too young to seek husbandos.

That's never stopped me.

This is the most delicious of forbidden loves.

A female character should start seeking a man once they hit 18 desu.

It's okay, they'll seek you.

It's better when the girl's a bit precocious, though, and the guy isn't a complete animal.

which WWW apps do you like anons?

>"well, it IS a martial weapon and a d10 would fit for a heavier blade so as long as you can refluff it to something, go nuts"
>this is the same response to be had when a player wants to play a Ninja or Samurai, just refluff that shit nigga
>you're not some hand-sign moonspeaking weeb or LITERAL SAMURAI, you're just a rogue trained by monks or a dude really good at shooting a bow from horseback
>yes steve, I know you're sad greataxes are a meme, I told you ten times you can just use greatsword stats instead if it bothered you that much, christ

>any martial that isn't an archer
>less than 14 Con
>a Str-based, unarmored combatant
>"having good AC"

christ this is such a foreign concept to me thanks to looking at 3pp so long, no wonder monk has been such a headache. Assuming you're a Str/Wis race with 25 PB, the heck are the starting stats even gonna look like?

I'm seeking for some men to take over the kingdom.

Is right. Those are the best male apps for legacy right now. They're also all (mostly) done and not edgy as fuck.

Friendly reminder that women are not allowed to be queens or the leader of a noble house in Brevoy, that's something expected of the men.

Unless your character's some radical social revolutionary, your female character will likely just see it as "how it's supposed to be."

I wish Amias wasn't a double app, because they're cute.

No issue with it. I'm perfectly fine with Sansetsukons, Urumis, Katanas, Tri-point double edged swords (And slap the polearm weapon group on them for free), Naginatas, you name it.

I'd consider more issues with the person that is autistic over a player having a not-exotic weapon in a setting that is already inconsistent in so many other aspects.

What's the status on beards and dwarf women?

Dwarf Women with beards can be immensely cute.

You could come away with a 18 Str/Wis, 14 Dex, 12 Con, 10 Int, 6 Cha build.

Why are greataxes a "meme"?

Does "meme" mean anything nowadays?

Dwarf women don't have beards, but they sure do like it when their men's beards tickle their nethers.

whats wrong with double apps user?

It's not that I don't like it, it's that the app it's tied to is weak.

>greataxe is d12, 3x crit
>vs greatsword's 2d6, 19-20/2x crit

I dunno man

List of prepared LoBaF apps, criteria is that they have a basic character sheet with necessities filled, include a bullet point block, and have some expanded character. I'm being lenient on my criteria here, and personally assuming the DM isn't going to look over sheets that don't meet the minimum, will give leeway on some things, and I'm also including incomplete apps that're at least formatted.

>Hogoth Snowbeard
>Erasmus Kaldek
>Tarani Audra
>Mellisan
>Shanan al-Kelmarayn
>Iuni al-Rajiyah
>Juin Iron-brand
>Otolvian Avarinedangol
>Sakara
>Annahail
>Aida Sulqet
>Perizadah bint-Yasmin
>Aeda
>Orlan Istran

I only skimmed the apps to see if they were applicable so I don't know which ones are better or worse, but if you got an app and it's not on the list, then you're someone who'll probably be written off just on a skim. Finish your damn apps. I bet half this list could be cut without actually considering the contents if I read into them for missing criteria. The DM might be a lot nicer if your character is good, but no one wants to be dropped because they didn't read the DM posts, right?

I don't really mind 1d12 vs 2d6, even if 2d6 has a better average damage. I don't think most people mind, either.

Bigger crit range = better at high level play. Below levels 8 to 10, greatsword is king.

But when I give an enemy a scythe and it gets a 4x crit, killing a PC 3-5 levels above it instantly, I'm an asshole.

While that can happen, it's not common enough for you to really be an asshole. That player was just unlucky.

Big crits have more value on enemies than they do on PCs. Most enemies a decently built character crits will die on 2x, against anyone who they'd need 4x to drop, the enemy is presumably built that it's an extended fight anyways so higher ranges would squeeze out the same damage over turns.

On enemies, higher ranges just means more consistent damage to be handled over a gauntlet. Higher multipliers gives them a constant threat of lethality even below CR because there's always a chance at any given time that they'll decapitate someone.

Gold armor is a thing, but are there any rules for wearing silver armor?

Silver armor spikes pierce some forms of dr.

On top of that, remember that by virtue of being PCs and therefore seeing more combat than any other character in the game, the rules are a bit different. An NPC who can use something "once per day" can reliably use it every combat they'll ever see in their lives against the PC, whereas a PC has to weigh their options on if they can afford to use it against this particular group of enemies. An enemy that gets crit was going to die anyway, but a PC that gets crit might have had dozens of more sessions ahead of them, only to be cut short by an unlucky roll.

You better be reading this DM.

Mithral armor? It counts as silver for a lot of stuff and does have the same color.

Friendly reminder you still haven't posted the app for review!

We're only here to help you! Why won't you let us help you?!

If the nodachi is really that strong when compared to other weapons, it'll catch on fast and everyone will use it regardless of their culture. It's not like Tian-Xia is all that isolated from the rest of Golarion; like half of all player characters are kitsune.

Should leather armor be replaced by Brigandine?

Should your waifu be replaced by a three kitsune shota traps in a cloak wearing a ring of greater illusion?

And there are still NO kitsune!

We can't let this stand! Where are my kitsubros?

This is why WWW is better, no kitsune allowed.

H-how did you know about the secret about my waifu!?

why dont you make one?

Are they casters, and loyal? If so then heck yes. I can go far in the world with a 3 for 1 deal on kitsune sorcerer minions.

>why dont you make one?
I already have an app.

Can kitsune even survive in the desert?

god, my mind's telling me it's functional, but playing d8 HD classes so long is making me scream internally at that 12 Con. Especially heinous is how I look at it and think about how much less painful a dex build would look to me

Fennecs can

make them a kitsune then

thats the obvious one

I thought about it, but between lack of time for a game and the fact that anything related to kitsune causes a shitstorm, it didn't feel worth it

F E N N A C S

Groceries.

Can't, relying on my current race for shenanigans.

Coyotls and budas are from warmer climates and they are supported by Bloodfroge: Infusions. Sadly, there is no official fennec kitsune.

>not kitsune
what the fuck happened to you pfg

We live in a post half-fey shota catboy world.

LoBaF wasn't memed too much, so the super anime people didn't apply or had incomplete apps.

Is there any race with vagina dentata?

Why would a city boy in Brevoy know how to use a bow?

Times change.

>half-fey shota catboy
Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

To impress chicks.

Duh.

"Hey girl. Watch me snipe this apple on my friend's head."

Tiefling.

yeah, i get it but damn. this was our thing, you know

Where does the time go, friend?

Well I mean, there's no kitsune but there is a cat girl. And a snake girl if she counts.

There's still time left, weebs! You can still turn a serious campaign into a late night animu! Most of the current apps are going to get rejected for being various forms of incomplete. He'll have no choice but to accept your kemonomimi waifu character!

Do you remember, user? Do you remember the Return to Castle Ulfenstein, or Noiralog?

Is it strong enough to bite it off?

Depends on the girl?

>what was once a ironic Veeky Forums meme has become an unironic general.

Flesh presumably has a hardness 0 and about 8 HP per inch of thickness.

If she can make that with a bite attack, there you go.

fluffy tails being a bamboozle ruined all of our dreams

The r@ and doll?

Snakes don't count.

Doll is definitely a winner

Please tell me this girl is for Blingmaker.

Having a finished sheet is mostly pointless, I think all these DM's generally get everyone together where they may tweak things a bit before setting a session 1 date.

Nah, user. She would need really strong legs and muscle pelvic muscles. It's more fetish-inducing and exotic than dangerous. Trust me.

Snake superior

Get that cold blooded thing out of here.

Seems like fully half of the apps are female, how is that not enough waifus?

>Castle Ulfenstein

I need an explanation on this one

They're not going to make it.

I don't know. Kitsune are in the past. Now it's all about /pfg/ games and gossips about GMs we love to hate. I wonder if all this is just to entertain ourselves, to fend off the encroaching ennui. I wonder what will come after this influx of games. What will be the next big meme. Probably something worse.

Bear in mind that the nodachi absolutely requires one of four things to vindicate itself:
A. The keen magic weapon special ability.
B. A static damage bonus of +28 or higher.
C. An abundance of enemies with damage reduction X/piercing, such as rakshasas.
D. Someone wishing to use the Piercing Thunder discipline, which is not exactly a stellar discipline.

A non-keen greatsword will outdamage a non-keen nodachi unless the character's static damage is +28 or higher. At +27 and below, the non-keen greatsword will perform more aptly. Have a look at the example below:

5th-level human fighter (mutation warrior) with Combat Stamina, Focused Discipline, Power Attack, Weapon Specialization, barbarian variant multiclass, weapon training (heavy blades), and +1 non-keen weapon:
Strength: 30 = 17 base + 2 racial + 1 level advancement + 2 enhancement from belt of giant strength + 4 alchemical from mutagen + 4 morale from rage
Static Damage Bonus: +27 = 15 Strength modifier multiplied + 2 Weapon Specialization + 1 weapon training + 1 enhancement + 2 Focused Discipline + 6 Power Attack

Assuming that the character hits on a 2+ due to Furious Focus:
• Greatsword: 2d6+27 damage, critical 19-20, (0.9 * 34) + (0.1 * 0.9 * 34) = DPR 33.66
• Nodachi: 1d10+27 damage, critical 18-20, (0.9 * 32.5) + (0.15 * 0.9 * 32.5) = DPR 33.6375

A +1 keen weapon costs at least 8,300 gp. That is very costly for low-level characters, and things like full plate, a cloak of resistance, and a belt of giant strength usually take higher priority. You can only really expect to afford a +1 keen weapon by 6th- or 7th-level or so.

For a game starting at 3rd-level, Strength-based martials are almost certainly better off with greatswords than nodachis, unless they expect to face damage reduction X/piercing often.

Kyouko isn't cold blooded! She's warm and full of vigor and spunk! Mostly my spunk, but spunk none the less!

What do you do when one of the players don't show up for a session?

Most the female apps are FAR better than the males. The only really strong male is... I guess that Swashbuckler.

Nazi superscience blows a hole in reality and allows the Reich to make a foothold in Golarion at an abandoned castle in Cheliax. Party is tasked with infiltrating the castle and stopping the Nazis before their occult experiments and diabolical fusions of magic, flesh and technology win the war on Earth and Golarion.

Ah but what about Polearm dancer with a nodachi?! Would there be a better weapon barring custom ones to use after spending a feat on it?

Next meme will probably about Westernfags and their shitty Conan knockoffs and super muscle dudes.