Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

One more name in the Dead Book Edition:

What's you character's body count at? Do you keep score?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Do you remember how many breads you've eaten?

What happened to reviewanon, is it still happening?

I want to make a Rogue, gestalt, level 1 or so, all 3pp allowed, flaws traits. Any good ways, assuming I want to somehow make use of the actual rogue class even if it's via multiple archetypes like the rogue genius book? Wasn't there some sort of beguiler PDF around that had a way to turn your weapon into shadow mithril?

No.

ゴゴゴゴ

What can you do with the extra waking characters you get from a Ring of Sustenance?

DIIIIIOOOOOOO!!

DELET

Craft items for the rest of the group because even though everyone agrees to pitch in with their own crafting feats, they all end up dragging their feet come level 3 and I always end up as the bitch that needs to craft everything for everyone.

Dumb option: Go Kasatha Slayer//Rogue, dual wield a pair of big two handed beatsticks for +buttloads of Sneak Attack.

What game, user? I'll be your crafting feat bitch for you. I'll even hold your dipping sauce for you. I'll be your crafting feat/dipping sauce bitch.

Nah, I like my humans

>20 RP
never ever ever happening

I've never seen /pfg/ this quiet

I bet you're all out fucking girls and drinking and having fun

And i'm just here, fapping in the dark, crying

Go Fighter + Scout Rogue. Finesse training by level 6 to finesse a greatsword or bastard sword. Full dex to AC in armor with a Mithral Breastplate.

Now here's the fun. Take the Swordplay Style line so you can Combat Expertise with little penalty and immediate action feint anybody that misses you against your huge AC. Enjoy always being able to sneak attack while being a counter attacking tank that makes the Warder blush.

3D sex isn't worth it, user. You're not missing anything except disappointment and betrayal.

Fucking racist, good riddance the world is getting rid of filth like you.

RP is a poor subsystem.

The last 2 or 3 threads have exhausting our shitposting reservoirs. We need to rest to replenish our strength.

Every single game that I get into where crafting is allowed. With literally no exceptions regardless of who I play with.
>Save early GP so I can afford a ring of sustenance before level 3
>Finally have some money to spare
>Nobody buys a wand of CLW
>Awkward silence when I say we should get one
>"Haha looks like I'll get my headband of casting stat later after I buy this then"
>Finally reach level 3
>Excitement because I can finally get some good items
>Vivisectionist kun: "Gee, it would be great if I had a means of bypassing dr/magic"
>Craft him an AoMF
>Prepare to craft my headband of stat after finishing
>Ranger kun: "Gee user, it would be great if I could have a dex belt"
>Be a good cuck and craft him his belt
>Eventually we reach level 5 and I still have no magic items aside from my ring and if I'm lucky, a haversack
>One member of the party eventually takes some ability damage and forces the group to stop for a couple of days as he sleeps it off
>Finally craft some shit
>Ask everyone to pitch in for a wand of lesser restoration
>Awkward silence
>Ranger says he's saving up for falcon bracers and implies he expects me to craft it for him as soon as he has the money ready

>Implying anyone would want to have sex with people that post here anyway.

You sound like a PLD app

I can relate

Wherein being four-armed is grossly UNDER valued if anything.

Reviewanon come back

We need you

Lots of us autists run games on friday nights....but you're right.

Most of /pfg/, going by what I've seen of the Discord are ages 16-24 and live in the SF Bay Area, so they have active social lives.

Anomalies like my thirtysomething year old ass are rare.

I'm prepping for my Reign of Winter game. Is Book 6 really that bad? Post in spoilers cause I know some of my players read this thread.

Why does everyone hate Broken Blade, Primal Fury, and Scarlet Throne but give Elemental Flux a free pass?

Broken blade's damage numbers are ABSURD
Primal Fury has similar problems
Scarlet Throne's only real problem is Zenith Strikes
Whats wrong with Elemental flux?

Because E. Flux needs support from class features that aren't handed out like candy to function.

Class features that work off a limited pool, no less.

>user starts reviewing Dragons 2 apps
>Really want to ask his opinion but decide I'll wait my turn
>Never get rolled
>Application period spontaneously ends
>Get accepted

I'm still curious to this day.

Can I play a Hussar Warlord (Steelfist Commando?)

Energy Damage is cool, and often highly resisted. It usually requires you to use a boost to bypass it, rather than using that boost to actually do something like "do damage to another dude" or something.

Spheres of Power question:
Is there any way to reduce the cost of a sphere effect (from 1 to 0)? I'm fine with paying with something else like increased cast-time. Heck, my build is flexible enough to possibly even take a 1 level dip for it. Possibly.
See, I'm really interested in making my destructive blasts into line effects, but Sculpt Blast costs a spell point. I can't really justify spending a spell point to tickle the enemies for 2d4 with a reflex save for half. (I'm deliberately taking a bad blast type for flavor reasons.)

I wouldn't mind reducing the range of the line to Close instead of Medium if that's what it takes to lose the spell point, but I'd like to see if it's possible to accomplish without asking my GM for help.

>gets accepted

You're one of six then, and i think he reviewed several of them...

So are you Calsi? I think you're Calsi.

Elemental Flux is super strong from the start.

Elemental Flux has some of the most versatile stuff in the game, even without using Animus. E. Flux Stance is godly for a level 3 stance, and it goes up from there.

Animus just makes it that much more powerful. In HR's super-optimized group, literally everyone took that stance until the GM nerfed it.

Overtuned damage again then?

My heart was broken by not getting in.

As for Calsci, well. I thought she had a good combination of plot hooks, not putting too many backstory demands on the GM and being a good fit to a party as a bard.

That group would be pretty short on supports and heavy on initiators/brawlers.

Is a crossblooded/wildblooded (draconic and primal fire) sorcerer too minmaxed as a blaster?

That and overtuned versatility. A single level 3 stance that gives +4 AC and Init and +2d6 damage that can also be changed for other effects is something that no other discipline gives.

>In HR's super-optimized group, literally everyone took that stance until the GM nerfed it.
And how do you know?

You can't crossblood and wild-blood, but even if you could it wouldn't.

Blasting is hilariously ineffective, at it's absolute best you're a shit tier barbarian.

>super-optimized group

Don't you guys have a dumbass bard?

The main problem I think the Dragons2 party based on the party comp is a lack of ranged damage

Up front: Rory, Rorymei, Aurora
Support Casters: Liozis and Calsi

Rinka is a weird sheet with her Gulch Gunner archetype, but she can do ranged combat and is probably fine. Might want to consider swapping up her gunslinger archetype as i don't think she will have any real reason to get up close with a frontline like that.

Make it Draconic and Orc, and stack Blood Havoc ontop

Burn them user

BURN THEM ALL.

>Most of /pfg/, going by what I've seen of the Discord are ages 16-24 and live in the SF Bay Area
Well no, those are just the ones autistic enough to participate in a /pfg/ discord. Most of us wouldn't want anyone to know we come to this god forsaken excuse for a general

Why can't you? Is there some rule that says you can't take two archetypes, even if they don't conflict with one another?

I debated taking orc, since I'm a half-orc for the favored class bonus to fire damage. The bonus spells for elemental are so much better, though.

That's right, gumshoe!

Thanks. Sorry things turned out for you the way they did. If it's any consolation, we're probably all about to die next week.

Wildblooded and Crossblooded interfere with eachother because they both alter bloodlines

That's one of the things I actually do like about PoW--it makes allowances for things that don't actually conflict that much and lets you stack archetypes more freely.

Only one of the bloodlines is wildblooded, elemental. Draconic is normal, but crossed with the wildblooded (primal) elemental bloodline.

Yes, but Wildblooded is actually an archetype, and as it modifies the bloodline class feature, it generally conflicts with crossblooded

Check with your DM to make sure its cool, it probably will be, but by RAW you can't take them together.

Yes I'm aware, my DM okayed it since they don't directly conflict in this circumstance, I was just asking /pfg/ if they thought +2 damage per damage dice on fire spells is too /cheesy/.

For reference I'm lvl 7 sorcerer casting 9d6+21 fireballs, and 12d6+33 scorching rays if they all land.

It'll be fine.

Should have taken that blood havoc for even more boom.

DM was already whining that I am far too OP, which was part of the reason I wanted /pfg/'s opinion.

I don't think I could get away with another +1 damage per hitdice hehe

>Dm
>whining about an op blaster

KEK

>Blaster
>OP
>when the DM allowed crossblooded and wildblooded

is your DM retarded, perhaps?

A couple of them could ranged in a pinch, Calsi for example

I don't think it will be exceptionally important anyway

>level 7 blaster
>dealing fire damage
>this is a problem
what the fuck
the only way a level 7 fire-based blaster is a problem is that the character isn't pulling it's weight at all
by level 7 fucking 99% of the enemies either have high fire resistance, outright immunity, and/or evasion
how the HELL is your character a problem
are you still fighting goblins?
what
i don't understand
did you roll up a fire mage for a game where the enemies are all ice golems or what
like what

They both replace the 1st level bonus feat, so no.

Can't be a Steelfist Bushi for the same reason.

I honestly think Rinka will just have to be a bit more of their ranged damage budget, maybe utilize her AOE booms once she gets them going.

It's a short game set in a tournament setting, the first team we encountered was all monks who had evasion and negated/evaded 3/4 my damage easily.

Then we fought a big enemy with 23SR, which I was lucky enough to beat on both of my attacks. I carry two different elemental metamagic rods in case a creature has fire immunity.

so you beat his EPIC SINGLE-ENEMY BOSSFIGHT ENCOUNTER and he got buttmad, huh? typical

Nah not even, he expected us to win I think.

He was already calling me out before the game even began, then when the other members of my party dealt similar damage (monk and magus), he's like wtf you guys all deal insane damage.

A lot of normies don't seem to understand how fucking fast the paradime of PF combat shifts as you approach level 10.

Calsi will be flying at like 500km/h eventually so it will be sort of whatever

I was going to say eventually all the dragons will be flying but then I remembered she's the only one in that group

even plenty of good GMs don't realize that either since most games start at 1 and end at like 4 because the campaign falls apart for whatever reason

>Making a spherecaster
>Think about grabbing Warp just for the utility
>Feel like a munchkin since it doesn't explicitly fit thematically
hm
am i an idiot?

He's a fine DM, I just don't think he expected us to all be able to 2 shot CR12 monsters individually.

He more than doubled the HP of that CR12 23SR monster and we still dunked it in like 2 turns.

I'm not experienced at all with high level (6+) play, so I don't know what constitutes being OP since I'm so noob.

yes

Depends, what's your theme. Teleporting around the place is a pretty agnostic ability all things considered,

increasing hp is not the way to handle this issue
resistances, SLAs, templates and actual tactics instead of tossing the monster at the players are the right approach

If Shardwalkers has a triple-app, when will we see /pfg/'s first quadruple-app? Quintuple-app? Sextuple-app?

Is this picture representative of a typical /pfg/ party?

>2 spunky punchgirls

Looks like a /pfg/ party to me

And you know

Not literally throwing one big retarded monster instead of smaller enemies to support it

I agree, but there is surely a fine line between balancing your players and making them 100% useless through resistances/SR whatever.

I have never DM'd so I can't really speak on it. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Vaguely celestial life/light thematics on a frontline combat medic type character.
Feels like teleportation will push me away from the somewhat grounded cleric-esque caster and towards the ridiculous anime mage.
But I still kind of want teleportation.

What happened to that .gif?

what the fuck happened here

Does anyone have any advice for what class a Farmer would be if I wanted to make them combat capable and available for Blingmaker?

I want to groom the fuck out of those crops.

dude its all about how you fluff it

Rinka utilizes the warp sphere by pointing her gun where she wants to go, and 'shooting' herself there via magic

The best part of spheres is you can fluff the shit out of it

This basically already happens in the form of nepotism and cooperative shilling.

please point out a party that was formed through 'nepotism',

hard mode: No 2hu or PLD

What the fuck even is 'cooperative shilling'

there is no /pfg/ illuminati

smart encounter design can turn single-enemy fights from "everyone beat the shit out of the loot pinata" to "everyone blow every last resort you have or we'll fucking die"
put every tactical disadvantage against the players and suddenly their insane damage doesn't fucking matter since the enemy is a shadowdancer they can't even find and that keeps leading them into traps all while nearly dropping them every time she pops out for a sneak attack

>I agree, but there is surely a fine line between balancing your players and making them 100% useless through resistances/SR whatever.
again, tactics is the important part

It started life as an .mp4 video

Then it had to be compressed. Now it looks low quality

Like WORST EMPLOYEE'S BUILD

Yeah, well, I can't figure out how to fluff it without coming off as a ridiculous anime mage.

... but why?

Hell's Rebels.

Literally was just 2hu, and people bitched out the GM for it

Come on now, step it up, where's your hard mode answers

This mostly seems to be a criticism leveled towards HR.

>not being a ridiculous anime mage
>current year

What was wrong with what the HR GM did?

what he should have done is not revealed that 2hu had a guaranteed spot desu

But then people would have complained about 2hu being in the game.

they complained about that anyways

As somebody who made it into Hell's Rebel's group 2, /pfg/ needs to shut the fuck up. It's been almost a week now, and the bitching doesn't cease. The GM is well within his rights to invite WHOEVER the FUCK he wants into his games, and no amount of petty bitching on an anonymous image board will affect that. If you are still assdamaged that you didn't get in, make your own game, and invite whoever the fuck you want into it.

Let's be honest, anything that could happen after Book 5 would've been a step down.