What is the best beast race and why is it frogs?

what is the best beast race and why is it frogs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grippli
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Humanity tends to find frogs endearing even when their bug-eyes, slimy skin and alien features should otherwise make them off-putting at best.

todas are fucking assholes in Hyper Light Drifter

Because they'd probably keep their children in decorative ponds or aquariums and thats adorable.
Also it is amusing to imagine frog royalty making a big show of table manners and atmosphere and having dozens of utensils only for the royal family to start horking entire roast chickens down whole.

>implying anything can match glorious, fabulous, birds

They make dank memes.

Whell that whent off topic quickly

You're implying this thread wasn't designed to go off topic in the first place.

This is up there with "sexy elf what do???" Posting

Slaad.

>Implying

10ft touch attack tongue?

Frogs and toads are great.

That is all.

Because they're just adorable frogs. Not your hoity toity intellectuals, nor your hippy dippy homosexuals, just easy going, cold-blooded, warm-hearted frogs.

Floor two write-up when?

カエルにレイプされるティンカーベルか?

what's with the wheel of cheese?

recursive images are frowned upon here

I personally really like cynocephalus.
But not in any sexual way.
I just like to think of them as combined characteristics of humans and loyalty and general cheerfulnes of canids.

I want to play as one someday

Furries have tainted everything. You gotta pick the shit they don't like. Go with frogs bruv.

>Furries have tainted everything. You gotta pick the shit they don't like.

Or just don't play with people who tries ro make their character around it racial and sexual identity.

>Go with frogs bruv.
To be honestly I am a little prejusticed toward frogs because of this
>PRAISE KEK
I see all over Veeky Forums lately. Picking one as a character looks like trying too hard for me atm.
But again, this is a subject of what people there are going to be at the table to play with you.

If anything I like Krogans from Mass Effect.
I think they are pretty frog like.
I would surely play as one in some sci fi campaign.

a friend of mine(tyrantisterror.tumblr.com) has Goblins and Trolls in his fantasy setting be frog based(well Amphibians in general for Trolls), and I think it works pretty well

well technically in his setting Goblin describes both a Species(the aforementioned frog people) and a Culture, so there's Goblins that aren't frog people(like the Bugbears and Bugaboos in the attached pic, the former are of indeterminate mammalian heritage, and the latter are Caecilian people)

I never liked beast races that look and behave blatantly like an actual animal

>hobgoblins that are actually shorter than goblins
Watch out, we got somebody who actually reads folklore over here

I love all sorts of beast races. Same about the "furry" association. I especially like rats and monkeys, though.

Because Frogistan is a shining bastion of Western civilization.

I mean obviously it makes sense that some animals are more intelligent than others (humans and shit) but its always weird to me when one animal domesticates another in beast race worlds

It depends. If there are real life monkeys but also monkey people I suppose humans distinguish themselves from beast races by not having a "primitive" or "beastial" analogue. Think Khajiit in TES. They are cat humanoids, but they also tame big tigers.

Gorillas irl sometimes taken cats as pets

And big monkeys take smaller monkeys as pets. Chimps also take dogs as pets and feed them/walk them.

koko was too precious, hope she can enjoy kittens forever

>Furries have tainted everything
This is just a bogeyman fa/tg/uys build up for themselves because they choose to frequent one of the most Magical Realm sites on the planet. In real life, regular human beings don't automatically assume you're doing something fetishy if you play a beast race.

I'm GM'ing IZ2.0 and there are two hybrid characters in the party. They're played totally straight and its 100% not a problem.
(fantastic Mr. Fox-style grifter and a psion who just thought idk wolves are cool I guess).

We joke sometimes that the party feels a little bit like edgy zootopia but that's about as far as it goes

They look round and nonthreatening, they're the same kind of ugly-cute as pigs or pugs, their physiology is weird and cool (tongue, jump high, vocal sac, etc. which make nice racial abilities in TTRPGs) and finally they are a symbol of individual metamorphosis.

>Implying frog furries aren't a thing
Let's be real, if we refused to touch anything retards or freaks have gotten involved with, we wouldn't be on Veeky Forums.

Random starting item. Used as a weapon to attack an owlbear. Ended up braining the frogling knight with it.

Soon.

Those are cool.

This should be a thread about races we want to play with or something related.

Funny way of spelling gnolls

It's funny. No matter how much Pepe gets spammed on every board I still think frogs are cute.

Rats are best though.

(^(^;;^)^) OP CAN'T SPELL SPIDERS

pepe is cute

>and why is it frogs?
Because reasons that don't belong on a blue board. Look up Gunmouth or Cownugget for related pics.

yeah he's actually been putting a ton of research into his fantasy setting, although he's not absolutely beholden to it either, as seen with two of the creatures in this pic, the Swamp Kraken(his version of the Otyugh), and the Reptodite(his version of the Lizardman, although they're actual heritage is a bit more complicated), the other two, a Goblin, and an Aitvaras/Fairy Dragon(which are his setting's equivalent to the modern draconic Kobolds) have more of an actual mythological basis

I'm down for all sorts of ratfolk, from Warhammer's exaggerated vermin, to mouseguard "Just a Rat in a Hat" critters, to pic related's high-quality more anthropomorphic than furry style.

Indeed.

Attea was best Ben 10 waifu

Poison tree-frog ninjas.

>Sticky, suction-pad, fingers & toes for superior climbing.

>Jumpan all over the place.

>Breath underwater/infiltration via plumbing or moat.

>Smol; fit through windows & tiny gaps.

>Make own deadly, deadly, poison on skin (toutch of death-based martial arts?)

Discuss.

>what is the best beast race and why is it frogs?

Snakemen.

Snakemen SPECIFICALLY where they have a normal man's body/arms/legs, but their neck and head is the part where the snakey'ness begins.

Better for hiding your neck's length in scarves/shawls so you can extend it dramatically over to bite enemies with your poisonous fangs.

Or strangle them with your neck- whatever works.

Imagine this, but more humanoid. Maybe with the staff and robes of a scholar, mage, or priest.

Tell me a creature like that wouldn't fit in with other fantasy races spectacularly.

Anyone else remember 'Ronnie the Red-Eyed Tree Frog'?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grippli

Frog-people!

One thing to be thankful for - it's apparently impossible to succeed at making a "sexy fursuit" based on a frog, due to the shape of the eyes and mouth - every attempt I've encountered just looks like a creepy tail-less lizard-man. So we can be safe from fears of that sort of fetishery...

>every attempt I've encountered just looks like a creepy ....

Gonna stop you there, friendo: I've yet to see a fursuit of any kind which *doesn't* have a distinct whiff of semen-stained mattress in a basement & zip-ties about it.

One of my very first characters was a Grippli ranger! I remember reading they have croaky voices which made them difficult to understand, so I almost destroyed my own throat doing a frog-voice every time I spoke in-character.

Got X.P. for good role-playing, though.