sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
How do you expect monday's arcana to disappoint you?

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Variant)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5qbO_sxOuuLUk5YbHJPcTd0U2M
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Barbarian,Path of the Ancestral Guardian (UA)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mrow?

its gonna be about traveling

they'll stat up a Denny's

Do you mean Arcana aren't meant to disappoint me?

>How do you expect monday's arcana to disappoint you?
>UA: Forgotten Realms' Courts of Law

item crafting
ITEM CRAFTING
I T E M C R A F T I N G

Married shy and virginal cleric. We been sleeping in the same room for a week and nothings happened. What should we do?

After last thread's discussion about Shatterspike, it leaves me wondering about item durability and whatnot. I really want a UA about weird variant rules like that not least because I want Dark Sun and having durabilities for bone and wood weapons puts us one step closer to that, even if they don't release the official setting for a couple of years

How can I get into and enjoy DnD more?

I feel like after 3 years of playing in this one campaign that I'm burnt out. I DM a Shadowrun game with the same group, and it's good because we can learn the new system and try different characters in a new setting.

I feel that in the 5e I've been playing I have seen every combination of character, and I'm not getting really invested anymore. The DM is pretty inflexible with custom stuff, so there isn't much room for innovation. The basic fighter/ranger/rogue/wizard/cleric stuff is pretty stale at this point.

It's probably just the campaign I hate now, because we haven't entered a Dungeon or seen a Dragon in about a year - but any way to get re-energized and excited for 5e? Leaving the group isn't an option, because without these guys I have literally no friends.

I just mean bigger as in bulkier and taller than a standard human, not large. Guess my only options are dragonborn or something with no charisma

Depending on her upbringing, she may be expecting you to initiate.

discuss settling down and having children

Next UA is about tracking your relationships with the rest of the party.

Just play a different game dumbass.

Shes so lovely and beautiful. I feel bad at the thought of defiling such a pure thing

We do, I run a Shadowrun campaign. Nobody else in the group wants to DM except me and the guy who runs the DnD game. He would get pissy if we said 'We are bored' and wouldn't run an alternative.

She probably cucks you with your party's half-orc literally every night, dumbass.

Item crafting hotfix
Instead of 25GP per day, it's 25GP x player level
No need to thank me.

Ask her god for guidance. More than likely, he'll support your desire to breed more followers.

In other words, ask God to wingman for you.

Cast Guidance first

Which type of cleric usually are the most chaste?

r8p

I can confirm that it's true.

Speaking of which, the last campaign I ran I used the alignment graph from either 1e or 2e and tracked each character's alignment over time. I started them all out as Neutral and saw how their actions changed their alignment over time.

Near the end of the campaign one of them got incinerated by touching the Book of Exalted Deeds, and got super pissed until I showed him that according to all of his actions, good and evil, chaotic and lawful, his character was actually Neutral Evil.
After that he seemed satisfied with how his character got obliterated.

here,
I just talked to my friend and it turns out he was looking at a completely different homebrew, which makes all of my previous arguments invalid. He wants to use the Summoner
dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Variant)
He's pretty much jerking off to how much customization there is and I know he's just gonna try to make the most blatantly OP shit and I'm never going to get him to accept refluffing an existing class and I'm just going to have to blatantly shut him down.

It's gonna be rough.

New to D&D, playing a lawful good paladin with Oath of Devotion. What are these type of paladins' stance on killing in combat? Would they be ok with killing if it's justified, like bandits for example?

>dandwiki

Yes. Read your oath more carefully, it has answers to all the questions.

>dandwiki

you fukd up

You're a knight of justice, not a pacifict hippie. Deus vult!

Stop trying to RP sex in dnd you fucking degenerate.

The DM doesn't want to describe it. The players don't want to hear it.

And this is why giving everyone magic is a bad idea.

Oh, no, we had this conversation already. Already showed him the pic and everything.

The problem is that he's a part-time DM too, so he goes around looking for shit like this

>The DM doesn't want to describe it. The players don't want to hear it.
You don't know what sort of degenerates they play with

>AverageDayInThay.webm

Is there anywhere that has homebrew backgrounds? None of the ones in the book really fit my character

The book explains how to make your own at the beginning of the section on backgrounds. There's a cloaked armored dude right next to the section I'm talking about.

Tg, what happens if someone casts Magic Jar into an animated armor or a construct?

Knowledge clerics are turbonerds by nature, so they probably have the most virgins.

But the most intentionally chaste? Hard to say. Maybe life clerics? A lot of them are either MMO healers who are too filled with hate to love anyone or they're betas trying to cope. Of course that has to be qualified by saying there's also healsluts who are the LEAST chaste form of cleric.

Hey /5eg/, I made a revised version of the Wild Magic sorcerer archetype (because it sucks). If you could take a look and tell me how shitty it is, I'd appreciate it.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5qbO_sxOuuLUk5YbHJPcTd0U2M

then how about not making a fucking special snowflake?

but really, the backgrounds on the book apply to pretty much everything if you are not retarded about it. just take the skills that suit it the best and write your own ideals and shit like everyone.

Two skill proficiência, two tool or language proficiency, one ribbon

Knock yourself out

>Dandwiki
Good luck user, it's gonna be a wild ride

There's literally nothing wrong with it though? Aside from being based on 3.5 and not entirely related to 5e.

Githyanki Warriors deal 2d6 extra psychic attack damage on their greatsword strikes. Is this damage part of the sword itself, or the Gith imbuing it? of the 4 Gith, only the warrior's weapon is regarded as non-magical.

Stop shilling your homebrew, c0re. Also, jump off the bridge.

ITS SHIT

>proficiência
wtf

i'm sure they tell you that non-githyanki can't even use the swords properly at all. and that they will find you and take the sword back, killing anything in the process.

Ignoring all the shitty hombrew constantly forcing itself down your throat due to its shitty search engine and interface, its just a pain to read and doesn't even contain everything since its just based on the SRD.

Just use 5eanon tools. Even DnD Beyond is better than dandwiki, and its still in alpha.

This is the first time I've posted it

IT SUCKS

I wouldn't be using it. I'd be selling it to a group of crazy powerful wizards. But that's only possible if its actually desirable.

You've posted plenty of other shitty homebrew. Stop doing that. Nobody likes it, nobody wants to see it.

So ghostly damage would normally be associated with Necrotic Damage right? I did want to go Light Cleric but I can't see Radiant making sense, is Death Cleric the best option for ghosty characters.

What the fuck do you mean by "ghostly"?

Idk, I think it's okay. If anything it's still underpowered. I really like Arcane Volatility, as it's similar to what I do for one of my player's characters.
What I do is every time they don't trigger a wild surge, the number required for it to trigger decreases by 1. It's either a representation of arcane energies building up inside and just begging for release, or it represents the sorcerer getting cocky and fucking up

Refluffing Spiritual Guardians and other similar spells into summoning ghosts. I'm playing a tribal character whose whole tribe was murdered and he uses their spirits for protection and attacks.

DnD Beyond has also been ported to 5egmegaanon, so there's that. :)

There's literally a subclass for that.

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Barbarian,Path of the Ancestral Guardian (UA)

but why would he want to implement an inferior service :^)

I'm going for a caster character instead of a Martial. The idea did come to me but I'd rather be a Cleric.

Cool, thanks for taking a look

I don't like it. You go out of your way to make sure surges happen more frequently, but then you make the surge table absolutely no fun and, in fact, more often harmful than not. Why would anyone put up with someone playing this? It's inevitably going to fuck up the party during combat on a semi-regular basis.

its
its not c0res
w-wha

you could flavor just about any spell in the game as being carried out by a ghost at your request.

Yeah I know. That's why it's an easy thing to do.

I'm just wondering if it would make more sense for benevolent spirits to do Necrotic or Radiant damage.

Try out Roll20, or some other online service for games.

You're getting bored most likely because your DM has specific, unflexible campaigns. Find a new one online or in the area.

Barbarian is in labor what do?

So you think I should make the table bigger and get rid of some of the negative stuff?

I made a homebrew for a Gun based archetype, criticism welcome.

Stand clear, with her Strength score that baby is being shot out for 3d12+5 damage.

Fuck off Matt. You shove too many features into a class to make your own bullshit when all you needed to do was give a Battlemaster a gun.

You're not Matt Mercer and you didn't make this.
If you are Matt Mercer and made this, please fuck off. Guns don't belong in D&D, especially not pistols.

>haven't had a session in months
>three weeks ago: sorry out of town
>two weeks ago: sorry family in hospital
>last week: sorry dont have time
>this week: sorry i didnt know we had a session
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm considering removing the exhaustion penalty on Frenzy altogether and allowing it to be used once every short rest. Is this too strong? Too weak? Would it make my Barbarian player overpowered or possibly underpowered? I figured that it could work similar to Action Surge, but I'm not sure what effects it could have on the Barbarian long-term.

I think 7th Sea did this sort of shit best.

>Guns do fuck tons of damage
>Pistols were flintlock
>But have shit range
>And accuracy
>And then require multiple rounds of reloading

Also it was based in pike and shot era. So fuck off with guns in D&D. Christ.

>You'd need some Homebrew that lets you play as something like a Empyrean, Solar or Planetar to be large

How would you make that not broken?

It's shit, user

>Guns don't belong in D&D, especially not pistols
Why don't you both just go fuck off?

joke's on you
my setting has cowboys and indians with gauss pistols

Make them recover exhaustion on a short rest. So they can push themselves to use it but doesn't make them worthless for 2 days.

Oh, you can use the instamurder sword alright.
The issue is that The Sword Stalkers will come for you.

So I'm starting a game on sunday and I want
to play as a blind wizard.

Could I use an owl familiar to negate disadvantage on ranged attack rolls? The owl could fly in, Help and fly out without a scratch since it's so fucking fast and doesn't trigger opportunity. However I'm not sure that Help applies to ranged spell attacks. Is this possible at all?

they might want it for research, melt the silver and extract the etherealness. a githyanki sword is pretty invaluable but also a huge risk, whether they know it or not.

Sounds radical. Doesn't sound like D&D at all, sounds like steampunk. Still cool though.

we can play on roll20
our chars can be bf/gf

Is Arcana Cleric the best option for a SAD melee Cleric or is Nature worth a look?

Its a shame we don't have that negative exp gain stuff like in 3.5, but that wasn't really fun to deal with anyway.

I dunno.

I'm hoping the group is the Arcane Brotherhood, so they'll probably know what it is

why's he sad

>implying DnD is a specific setting
>implying DnD isn't a set of homebrew rules for d20 Modern that is sold for a profit that can be adapted to any setting or style

Don't worry user. Every dry spell ends. We just had a 2-month long period of "life intervenes", and finally ended it on one of our best sessions ever just a few days ago.

Have faith!

Because he isn't a wizard

Because his parents made him take Magic Initiate for shillelagh even though he didn't want to.

>D&D is a genre
what am i reading
there are multiple D&D settings with tech levels beyond this; Eberron, Mystara, Planescape, Spelljammer

Why would you want to be a depressing, emo character?

Also, the MM doesn't say that Githyanki WARRIORS wield silver greatswords. Only the Knights do apparently, but both do psychic damage. Knights also only seem to have the astral voodoo on their blades

We're playing out real life selves in game ;__;

More or less. Basically, you don't want to be a net liability when you have something fairly solid like dragon sorcerers to compare yourself to.

From a strictly balance perspective, I think you have two options. One, dilute the table so you have less chance at harming the party. Or Two, you can nerf the negative effects so that they're less disastrous. Stuff like random haste and slow or random polymorph have a very decent chance of absolutely fucking the party.