Game Finder Thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/1090678/tuHXyw
discord.gg/KYW2fcX
discord.gg/P7gPh
app.roll20.net/users/1894110/mitchell
discord.gg/Dw3Kn6G
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, I hate to be a greedy shit and post my listing first, but it's rather quiet right now anyways.

>>GM/Player
Player.
>>System Preferred
40k RPGs, mainly Dark Heresy or Only War, but anything is fine.
>>Times Available
US Mountain time. I usually stay up pretty late and can adjust hours as needed. I should generally be very available whatever the time.
>>Method of Play
Preferably something text based with instant feedback, IE, IRC/Discord or text Roll20 but not a message forum. Not really interested in voice chat.
>>Contact Info
Discord: BlondeKnight#7550

Feel free to add me if you're even slightly interested and we can discuss details.
>>Additional Notes
I've never actually played any of these games, and have only limited RPG experience in general, playing 5e and pathfinder in fantasy grounds with my friends. They have no interest in 40k. So someone willing to deal with an absolute beginner who might be a bit slow is a must. I know that's asking a lot, but I don't have many options. I'm familiar with the lore, though.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
King Arthur's Pendragon
Generally around 4pm Saturday GMT+0
roll20 for the playing, discord for voice
>Contact Info
Grimaud#5251 on discord
>Additional Notes
We are a relatively fresh group who have had two players drop out recently. Though four players is the sweet spot, five is doable. We're looking for fun guys and girls who don't mind action and courtly business while their GM figures out the finer points of this whole GM business along the way.

Game involves building a knight and his family in the county of Salisbury during the reign of King Uther, who is currently waging war against the Saxon menace. Politics is as important as displays of great bravery and valour. Hit me up for a chat and we'll see where things go.

>greedy shit
It's fine, bruv. Give the thread some life.

>GM/Player
GM looking for players the more the merrier
>System Preferred
PDF related, a short rules-light game inspired by the original D&D from the 70s
1st group every Thursday 7pm to 10pm (GMT+2)
2nd group every Sunday 5pm to 8pm (GMT+2)
it is not required to regularly show up to every session or play in both groups though regular play helps with progression and establishing immersion.
voice + roll20, no text
app.roll20.net/join/1090678/tuHXyw , discord.gg/KYW2fcX
>Contact Info
flavio dot max dox mueller at bluewin dot ch
>Additional Notes
again: voice only, no text
To be accepted into the game: You must have a working microphone, show up at game time and you must be willing to play the game.
1 gold spent = 1 XP gained, you gain paltry sums of XP from defeating monsters compared to acquiring treasure.
The setting (not the same as depicted in the PDF) is Dwarf Fotressian with hippie elves, alcoholic dwarves, malevolent goblins, thieving kobolds, ambitious humans, abandoned ruins and is primarily a dungeon and wilderness crawl.

The last Game Finder went well. Let's keep it up!

Sounds cool, hope it goes well.

Anyone have the link for the previous thread ?

You seem to be a newfag, so listen to how it's done.
>go to catalog
>go to archive
>press CTRL and F simultaneously
>type in 'game finder' in the word search field
>click up or down the terms until you've found it

For this time only, though, I will link it to you. Be grateful

I'm gonna try out the Nechronica character creation system and maybe the battle rules too if anyone is curious and wants to watch.

discord.gg/P7gPh

Sent you a message with a request, but seeing how Discord is apparently retarded when it comes to just messaging another person I don't know if you actually saw it.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Star Wars, any system. I have exp with FFG and d6
Everyday but Saturday night
Whatever works. I've used roll20 and find it fine. Used discord too
>Contact Info
GogglesMcCoy#3732 on discord
>Additional Notes

Would anyone be interested in Dungeons the Dragoning?

>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
what said, been watching rebels and I'm itching for any Star Wars game

Now this is tricky, I can work with most timeslots because I'm flexible, but tuesdays after 6:30gmt are ideal

Whatever you're running, I've got discord and r20

>Contact Info
Mithrandalf#0706

>Additional Notes
I'm a heckin experienced tabletopper, I run lots of games from here, almost entirely in gurps. I pick up systems real quick. Looking to step out of forever GM for a change.

>discord.gg/P7gPh
link expired m8

Could you make tuesdays 1400 GMT-4?

It requires you to accept someones friendship before actually being able to receive messages I tihnk.

GMT-4? What is this based around?

But yeah, I can make it. For at least the foreseeable future

But how much interest would there be in an ERP L5R game on sunday mornings?

To the guy asking if i had tuesdays free last night for the ERP DH SoB only game, yes i do.

GMT is greenwich meridian time. For example, eastern US is current GMT-5, but if you have daylights savings time it's gmt-4. It's basically the military time zones based around london as its base.

Yeah but would you take the dick?

I'm the latter. That would work perfectly for me.

Would i be asking about a erp SoB game if i was cockshy?

Edge of the Empire, Western game set on the fringes of unknown region. Exploration, dealing with natives, banditos, and all that classic stuff. You might not be good people, but since it's star wars you'll be fighting the good fight for honest people and their rights.

Assuming the group and GM are competent that sounds fucking fun. HMU bruv

Will anyone ever host a shadowrun game, or am I dreaming?

You have to host it yourself.

damn skippy. Post a f-list profile on a the soc /erp/ thread so I can see if you'd fit.

>GM/Player
GM, or player if someone is insistent on GMing
>System Preferred
For here, Eoris Essence
EST - Friday nights?
Would prefer roll 20, can do Discord
>Contact Info
Discord- Zephykinns #1048
>Additional Notes
So this game is super lore intensive and the rules are different. I'd expect peeps to give it a good read. I don't expect everyone to know the lore, but knowing the general tone of this game helps. I haven't done this game before but I think it'd be a fun game to try out.

Huh. I don't like dst anyways.

Sounds really fun.
Got some questions about stuff, add me. Playing this tuesday?

Could, if I get at least three dedicated players. would be core book only since it's all I have at this point.

Make a GM post from the OP template and you'll get at least 1 reply before this thread 404s.

Also add us on discord you ffffuck

Eternally grateful senpai

>GM/Player
Player(s)
>System Preferred
5e
Friday and Saturday after 6PM EST
Roll20. For voice I have a TS3 and Discord.
>Contact Info
app.roll20.net/users/1894110/mitchell
>Additional Notes
We're a group of (3) players who need a DM. Our last one was fickle. We're wanting an open world homebrew campaign of sorts. None of us our really comfortable DMing (right now) unfortunately.

Keep waiting.

Yeah, lack of DMs, I know. But, there's no use in not trying.

Do you have a campaign you want run? Or you want the DM to have a homebrew campaign?

What do you mean by open world?
I have a world I've been designing for an irl game and wanting to do play testing.
Do you want text or speech?

The latter, preferably.

Open world as in "not on rails."

Speech preferred.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Chronicles of Darkness (Vampire: The Requiem)
6:00 PM MDT Wednesdays (weekly)
Roll20, Text-based
>Contact Info
Discord: Candlejack#0918
>Additional Notes
Setting is Detroit. Looking for Lancea Sanctum characters. You can be a vampire, mortal, or ghoul. Not really looking for crossover, but if you can pitch me a sweet character, I might allow it.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Edge of the Empire, Core book only
Tuesdays, GMT-4, 1400, 3+ Hours
Discord w/ voice
>Contact Info
discord.gg/Dw3Kn6G
>Additional Notes
Tentative interest check for the following game:

Edge of the West: You're might not be a good man, but you'll fight for the right of honest men. Out here on the frontier of space beyond the edge of what's been known, colonists are prey to all sorts of evil. They may have left the Empire behind to find a better life but what these people found were restless natives, corrupt businessmen and politicians, and no end to the numberless bandits and pirates. When the gun is the only law and might makes right, will right make might?

Sent you a discord message

Everyone has to be from Lancea Sanctum?

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
w40k RPG, preferably Black Crusade or Deathwatch
GMT-3, right now I'm flexible, but weekends are preferred.
Skype, Discord, mostly anything goes, but I prefer text over voice.
>Contact Info
Clockworker#9640
>Additional Notes
It's been a few years since I last played. Would like to have another go at it.

Not necessarily, but it'll help with what I've got planned.

For 5e what method of play has the most DMs? How long would you say the average wait is to find an open game? Is roll20 the best in this respect? How many DMs lurk on table to simulator? Also, I'm thinking of just going straight to being a DM (I tried it once in high school with limited success) rather than compete against a dozen other players for a game. Would anyone here advise against this; I would probably start off only doing single session dungeon crawls based off of modules.

I too would like to know how common it is to actually find a game in these threads.

It's easier for a GM to find players than vice versa.

That's fairly obvious, I meant as a player.

The DMs around here seem to only really be interested in hosting rather obscure or homebrew games.

Players rarely find games, because GMs are rare, and GMs that aren't terrible or pretentious, and players that aren't flake-cucks are even rarer, so most games you do find fall apart fairly quickly.

>The DMs around here seem to only really be interested in hosting rather obscure or homebrew games.
Probably because it's hard enough to find players for those that they have to come here.

Maybe it's just not to be then.

You just have to be persistent. This comes up from time to time - lots of folks have built solid groups off the gamefinder thread, you just have to keep at it until you find some people that you click with.

It seems like most people who come here often end up getting flamed.

Dependable players that make characters, show up on time and enrich the game are far rarer than GMs.

Most of the GMs I have found here are good, it is the players that destroy the hobby.

GMs, don't burn yourself out trying to run a campaign with shit players, ditch them, keep looking for ones worthwhile, they are out there.

I can only talk from personal experiences, but from my previous attempts here, the proportion of good/bad DMs seemed to be half/half. Players, it's a bit worse than that (saying it as a player).

It's up to the community to dictate it's own standards. If we allow people to noshow on a session 0, or the first session or to anything previously agreed to, boot them. If there characters are not up to standard, tell them, if they are still lackluster boot them. If there character is still not made the day before the game and they are online consistently during the week before, boot them.

We are not interesting people, laptops do no spontaneously break, family do not randomly show up at 11:00pm at night. They don't cre enough to tell you they do not want to play at the agreed upon time.

Most of the problems I've seen don't originate from lack of showing up, but rather interpersonal clashes, aka drama.

Yeah, but that's usually just the salty nogaemz losers, calling sour grapes on everyone else. You can't take their shit seriously. Whenever they start in on how somebody's terrible, I figure it's probably That Guy angry at getting the boot - 'cause you know he does, and of course he's mad about it.

I always figured the 'This man is a cuck' thing was just lazy bumps.

Where do they stem from? Personality? Wanting different things from the game? Different levels of effort put in? Stupidity & memes? pol culture?

Either way, the solution is the same. Cut off the limb that offends you lest it damn what you have built.

>We are not interesting people

Speak for yourself

>laptops do no spontaneously break

>GM/Player
Player, prospects of a GM in the future (About 1-2 months out, working on something hopefully neato and corny as fuck)

>System Preferred
3.5, Pathfinder

Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat any time after 1:00 PM CDT, cutoff time is 1:00 AM CDT next day. Making me stay up 'til 1 AM is possible, but I may get tired near the end.

Any. Preferred Roll20. I have Discord and Skype and can access IRC and Maptool, whatever's good.
I am only interested in games where the in-character portion is done via text. OOC can be voice or text, but IC must be text for me to enjoy the game.

>Contact Info
Bumblebuggy#1192 on Discord is the best bet at the time being.

>Additional Notes
I've got a lot of experience but I haven't had a chance to play for a while. Looking to get back into the swing of things for the systems I'm looking to run my future game in. I'm okay with Homebrew and third party materials.

I'll keep my hopes up, then.

Posting once more in the eternal quest for a game.

Player

Would like to play pretty much any 40k RPG other than Dark Heresy. Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War, all those are cool. (I'm also very good at building Rogue Trader ships, which is a tedious thing I know a lot of GM's don't like to do so I'm happy to help with that)

I'm a no-life pleb who lives in the middle of nowhere. I work until 4 in the afternoon and then I basically just dick around all day from then on. I'm free any time during the week after about 5 EST, and basically any time at all on the weekend except late Sunday nights because Monday's a work day.

My Skype is polychemmaster, if you send me an invite please write something so I know you're from Veeky Forums and not just a spambot, thanks.

I don't mind using voice if necessary, although in my experience it tends to descend into gibberish when everyone's talking at once. Texting is my preferred method.

>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
D&D 5e or any other system if you can hit me up with the rule books and help me learn them

16:00-23:45 weekdays. Saturday usually free all day. European central time

prefer voice with discord. though I am open to other forms of playing

>Contact Info
Discord David #4767

>Additional Notes
Never played D&D before, only experience I have is the various video games that uses the rules like icewind dale, kotor etc. I have read the 5e players guide and tried creating a few sample characters. I think my grasp of 5e is goodish.

I watched some tabletop rpg shows and would like to finally partake instead of watch. I am open to any system really, from star wars to vampire: the masquerade

>GM/Player
GM looking for players
>System Preferred
d&d 5e - Storm King's Thunder / Curse of Strahd
Mostly weekdays, starting at 23h30 GMT +0
Discord - text only
>Contact Info
Velez #0491 on discord
>Additional Notes
This will be my first time running a game like this, but I'd really like to run one or more of the published modules all the way to the ending

How many times have you seen that as an excuse? Laptop or computer broke.

If only there were someone to GM for all these handsome lads.

It's used as an excuse because it's plausible. Shit happens sometimes.

No, shit happens rarely. Sometimes people are playing Overwatch or WoW and don't want to stop to play a game the agreed to a week ago.

Yeah.

No, most people only suffer one or two major computer failures over the life of the hardware. Everyone gets one free pass as a matter of courtesy, but after that no GM should put up with that nonsense.

Literally never, but I have had my internet just go down while I was working remotely and had to take PTO instead of billing. Shit happens.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only players.

You sound salty. Maybe they were lying, maybe they were playing video games, maybe a girl invited them to a sex party, maybe they genuinely did have computer troubles. You'll stress a lot less if you let it go, and if you suspecy they're lying, let them go, and THEN let it go. There's no reason to be mad about it later.

>most people only suffer one or two major computer failures over the life of the hardware.

Depends, my sister's ex is a guy that computers hate. I used to have to fix his shit all the time.
And it doesn't take a "major computer failure," just a screwy network card or some such can put a stop to any online gaming.
Now if you have their steam handle and see them playing Overwatch with their "broken" computer, then it's time to boot their asses.

Not salty, disappointing that we as a community allow behavior we know is clearly harmful to the hobby.

You sound like the kind of chode that takes games of pretend too seriously and demands shit like three separate interviews from possible players.

>Look through the archives
>Literally no DM posts for 40k

Only the dead know peace.

Definitely. Reading his posts, obviously the things he presented are issues and get in the way of gaymen, but he seems to be too radical about it. Wouldn't play with/10

>Condemn people for not showing up on time
>Condemn people for making bare bones characters
>Get called out

Have you paid attention to what I said? It is true such things get in the way of a good game, I just disagree with how severe he is about it.

Kicking them from the game to make room for a potentially much more considered player is extreme?

Allowing them to further burn out GMs with noshows is too much?

You keep trying to walk it back, but you fail to acknowledge that some people can be just starting out with Veeky Forums stuff and are therefore bad or have things come up that cause them to miss a session.

You're talking like everyone is either great or a shitter who should fuck off to /v/.

None of this is helping people find games, you are in fact burying people's information deep under your argument.

Please stop, neither of you is going to win this argument.

>GM/Player
GM looking for players
>System Preferred
D&D 5e - Storm King's Thunder
EST weekends Saturday or Sunday, workable with group
Roll20 with whatever voice
>Contact Info
Discord: Lionhermit #9112
>Additional Notes
This will be my first time running an official module, have DMed 4e and 5e homebrew stuff in the past. I'm looking to use SKT as a guideline for setting and main quest progression, and add custom hooks and sidequests based on the PCs, trying to make it sandboxy. I'd like to get another solid 2-3 more players to run the length of the adventure, looking to start in the next couple weeks.

Voice or text ?

Literally my first post in the thread, chode

How about we stop arguing and start talking about games we want to play or run, like ERP Black Crusade

I'd be happy with regular Black Crusade.

But I want to run ERP Holy Racial War.

Another guy here, before I go try to salvage my old F-List and attempt to grab your attention on /soc/, when is the game going to be held?

>Core book only
You have got to be shitting me.

>FFG makes a few series of systems that are all compatible with each other
>plus a ton of splatbooks which add interesting items, new classes...
>nah I'm just gonna use this small, incomplete fraction of all that

Just go on Roll20.

Are text-only games common there?

Is that the most reliable way to find a game, though? I'm afraid i'm culturally incompatible.

>culturally incompatible.
What?

I think text-only games are the most common ones.

Used to interacting with *chan type people for this sort of thing. I guess it's not really a big deal.

Unless i'm looking for things the wrong way, there's only like three 40k rpg games recruiting on Roll20 and they all have a billion applicants.

Why do you want to do text-only?

You would be wrong.

>they all have a billion applicants.
That tends to be a problem with Roll20's LFG section. It's full of people who either can't or don't want to run a game, so whenever anybody shows up wanting to run one they get swarmed.

Because i'm a fucking autist who will never be able to express myself in character properly through my own voice, especially when I'm supposed to be an 8 foot tall walking god of war, or half-man-half-industrial-drill. I'm much more eloquent when I have time to express my thoughts and actions just the way I want to before anyone sees them.

Your voice wavers for a second, everyone starts laughing, and the entire experience falls apart.

I'd GM if I had any experience. I feel like i'd be a great 'ideas guy' but lack the know-how to actually integrate any of it with the mechanics and probably wouldn't respond very well as soon as the players started deviating from my 'path'.

>if I had any experience

You're only going to get experience by taking the plunge and doing it user. Why not give it a shot? Nobody that isn't an asshole is going to blame you for some mistakes during your first time.

I have no experience with the system at all. All of my tabletop RPG experience has been virtual stuff aided with macros and such through roll20 and fantasy grounds. I just don't feel qualified.

Honestly, I'd really love to, and it seems like the only way to really be guaranteed a game. Just can't shake the feeling that I would pretty much be inviting three+ people to watch me make a fool of myself.