Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What does a typical /pfg/ party look like in your mind? Does it look anything like this?
With the triple-app in Shardwalkers, when will we see our first quadruple-app? Quintuple-app? Sextuple-app?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Isn't a 4+ app just.. a party?

So I am considering my character for Iron Fang. I am honestly considering some form of character with a split personality who is a state of semi-mental breakdown.

At the moment I am considering Symbiotic Slayer for this, but am looking for other options to give my character a split personality.

I understand fractured mind occultist does a similar thing? Or something like that?

And also the Master Chymist. As well the Brute Vigilante does a bit of it.

Does anything else come similar? Particularly I like the ability to willingly give over control to the other half for a temporary power boost. Symbiotic Slayer is interesting in that regard.

I am also looking for what would be a good event to latch onto as the traumatic experience that would damage my character's mind to this point. I'm not really getting anything good from the player's guide. Is there anything else in world in Golarion that happened near the area that would also work? Or should I just make something up?

yes

>TFW SotJR sextuple apps Blingmaker to give us all the blue balls

Didn't that one Councilman AP have a quadruple app? A Magical Girl, a Rubato, a PsyArm, and an Arcanist all applied together, got in together, and then explosive collars memed all over them and the game collapsed.

Is Ironfang going to be a bamboozle?

What sort of adventure would OP's picture go on? I'd run it.

I get Molthune vibes from it.

I give it a fifty percent bamboozle chance.

Biweekly barely doing anything followed by extreme memeing of the game on these threads and mass amounts of typefucking in between sessions.

>explosive collars memed all over them
What the hell kind of BDSM quest was this?

DHB dming.

I remember this story.

DHB

The man

The autist

The legend

its an exaggerated story, but it is a good one

What's the best hedgewitch tradition if I want to play a controller. Black magic?

I remember this. Enemies had explosive collars to remove their heads if they were captured to prevent speak with dead. When they activated they start beeping and blow up the next round. Someone grappling one had the guy activate the collar, the part identified it, and they just held on and almost died when it blew up the next round.

I seem to remember DHB coming and talking about it that they only did damage if you were adjacent to them when they blew up and that in a later draft he opted for some shit like acid tablets that melted the tongue to prevent speak with dead.

yup.

Black Magic has great Debuffs. Then there's Spiritualism as a must-have for secondary tradition.

>Someone grappling one had the guy activate the collar, the part identified it, and they just held on and almost died when it blew up the next round.
what kind of stupid shit doesn't put down the bomb? how is that anyone's fault but their own?

It has some red flags, but the fact that it's not being plastered all over the boards gives me hope. After all, what's the point of a bamboozle if nobody shows up for it?

You have to remember players are fucking retarded

Seems like spiritualism is always half the equation. But there don't seem to be any good area control traditions?

>I am holding a bomb
>I know its a bomb
>I am given time to move away from the bomb to safety
>Fuck it I'm gonna hold onto the bomb

It's like blaming your GM when you jump into the bonfire and it burns.

Players are retarded user.

No, the collars set each other off in a chain reaction or some shit, the party didn't hang on to them. One enemy set theirs off, and the explosion triggered the collars of all the other enemies.

thats not true though

I don't know if you've already done it and this is post, but the DM said he's offering reviews so maybe PM him.

I'm no reviewer so I can't talk about quality, but as a reader I think it'd be good to make it more clear why Gamze goes to Kelmarayn in pursuit of Haleen. Maybe tie Grayth into her backstory more since he's the one who collects the PCs, I think he's supposed to have his fingers in a few different things so it might not be a stretch to connect Gamze to Haleen through him.

I try not to let art affect me when I look at apps, but this one is just perfect somehow.

This might have been true? I checked my old notes and chain reactions are not mentioned where I did the bomb's stat block, but I may have changed it at some point?

If I remember correctly someone was grappling one of the collar boys in a building. If the chain reaction occurred it would have been between his collar and already downed foes in the building, as other collar boys were preferentially grabbing civilians and running rather than standing to fight. The encounter was meant to have most of the enemies preferentially flee with captured civilians.

However this happened quite a long time ago and my memory is likely dull by this point. I don't remember having them perform a chain reaction, but I may have done it as a spur of the moment thing?

At the time the game fell apart due a combination of my failing health and depression making me unable to work up the energy to GM.

It's Go Robots, it's literally perfection. Not only that, it's grown-up tiddy drawn by an ace loli(well, closer to hebephilia) artist. It ticks all the right boxes.

/pfg/ is way too obsessed with big-boobed character art.

Which RUNNING /pfg/ game has the smallest tits across the whole party?

>sample image

Worse than Hitler.

I think WotR might win that one.

No titty monsters. 50% men.

Speaking of character art I really need help with my WWW character. Does anyone have a cowboy with any of the following:
>eyepatch
>fucked up eye
>blind eye
>something covering his eye

I need it because the entire character revolves around having a single fucked up eye and the event that screwed up that eye.

So what's been happening with Spheres of Might?

Is Jolly still writing stupid shit like "immediate action to uppercut yourself in the air and make an attack action, at-will lol!"?

Tia's are pretty big, though--just not cow tit sized.
Rath with alter self in effect has the biggest bust of the group.

Ironically, it might be Dragons2

Sure Calsi has big knockeroonis, but Rinka and Aurora are both FLAT AS A BOARD, Rorymei is a trap, and Rory is a dog

That leaves Lio, who has average boobs

Probably Lazy Throne, honestly.

Sam has an eyepatch. It was recent though, and doesn't have an impact on her story or personality yet. Britt is also minus one working eye, I can't remember if there are others.

>Lio has average boobs
Ohohohohohohohoh

there's a fair amount given a campaign trait is based around getting your eye fucked

This is a fair argument. Everyone else is dragging down the average from Calsi. Of course all those ability score bonuses and size adjustments mean they'll just keep growing...

>Implying the shapeshifter can't just fill in the cup-size category with "any"

Are fat boobs indicative of high con mod?

Blingmaker app up.

Most people seem to combine Con and Charisma, sometimes other physical stats

we got it, Rory, your character is a shapeshifter

>Group reminisce about huge debacle with overrun and charge interaction a few years ago
>At the time we googled and found a thread from 2010 that argued about it for years until a lead designer said they would clarify in FAQ.
>Decided to just do it our own way while we wait for clarification. The FAQ was never updated.
>Even now in the year 2017 they have still never clarified it in the FAQ even though they said they would 4 years ago.

What the fuck paizo. What do you guys think is the most ambiguously confusing interaction they still never cleared up.

FotJR has a two lolis, a flat, three boys, and Saboten.

Honestly it doesn't really have to be the eye. The important part is the event. I chose the eye originally because I linked it to prophesy.

The Raven was a big part of it to. The character is meant to make a bet with an evil spirit of the native-american Raven god. Basically the character used to be a piece of shit, got married and had a daughter, stopped being a piece of shit and dedicated himself to finding redemption as a frontier vigilante. The spirit was in the form of his old gang boss and came to him with a bet. The bet was for a coal grey cloak with great power in exchange on my character's end he put up his eye as collateral.

He won the bet, but the spirit asked if he could interest him in a second one at double the stakes, this time putting up the where abouts of the character's father (character hadn't seen his father since he was seven), a big part of his vigilante journey was to find his father and make peace. The spirit won this time and turned on of the character's eyes blind.

Then says he isn't cruel enough to take both of the character's eyes, but instead would take the twinkle from it. Then disappeared laughing, and saying he could keep the cloak since he won it fair and square. Character, freaked out, goes back to his family. His daughter is gone and his wife is dead. Now he has three goals:
>find his daughter
>find his father who he now knows for sure is alive
>fine the spirit of the raven

Honestly I could change it to taking something else from his since it's weird to have him have a fucked up eye then injured again.

I am probably going to rewrite that entire scene to have it make more sense. He needs to win the first bet to win the cloak, but lose the second to lose his daughter. I am probably going to introduce the raven spirit earlier on in his back story as well, as interacting with the character while he dispensed frontier justice.

Though, in these cases, can't the cup size average be defined as "any", if one member of the group technically has an "undefined" cup size- that he/she can set at any size, then what does that make the average cup size of the group? Does the presence of a shapeshifter make measuring the average physical features an impossible task? We must investigate this.

Oh, really? What's thi-
OH SWEET JESUS THAT WALL OF TEXT IS GONNA CRUSH ME

Streets of Cantha is just 3 dudes and a Tengu hireling.

I'm sure the tengu has plenty of tender breast though, EEEH?

>tengu hireling
Who did you let have a hireling?

I'm not sure if completely changing the damage type via Elemental Spell changes the spell descriptor.

Just leave the bird alone and let them do their job, user.

What's the easiest way to get an animal companion as a rogue?

This isn't even my final form.

1. Get your GM to let you take Eldritch Heritage for the Sylvan bloodline, even though it's a wildblooded option; 2 feats, as character level - 2
2. Take Animal Ally; 2 feats, as character level - 3
3. VMC Druid and wait until level 7; 5 feats, as character level - 4
4. Dip Cavalier for 4 levels, then take Horse Master; 1 feat and 6 skill ranks

>martials can't have nice things

Animal Ally seems to be the best bet.

Forgot to mention--Horse Master scales at your full character level.

If effective druid level is still too low with Animal Ally, take Boon Companion to bring it up.

>>martials can't have nice things
>being able to infinitely uppercut into orbit is ok

No, it's fucking dumb.

So the first 2 parts of the new AP hit the boards, but I am too drunk to read. What does /pfg/ think? I need you to give me my opinion.

His BEAK is going to TENDERize you!

DHB was nice to a Rook and needed someone to guard his clinic. I'm OK with PC's having NPC allies for this game, especially when there's only 3 PC's. [spoilers]Also, it gives me ammunition to emotionally damage them[/spoilers]

What's a good animal companion to fit a hobgoblin military type rogue employed by the Molthune government as a military scout and field guide?

I originally thought goblin dog but everyone but goblinoids fucking hate them. Also the fact goblin dogs are shit doesn't help.

Normal dog, or maybe a bird, would be good.

Do all goblinoids hate dogs or just goblins?

Because that was clearly intended.

Wait till you can grab a Worg with Monstrous Mount. Falate the GM under the table to make an exception on Worg sizes.

Just those "wacky" (ugh.) goblins. Hobgoblins don't really seem to give a shit about animals, though they would probably go for something big and strong most times.

A scout, though, he'd probably be forgiven for using something more flimsy and sneaky, if it was at least robust and useful.

I was thinking of maybe a Dire Bat.

How much does both having a mount and cohort slow down the game?

Depends entirely on the player honestly.

A lot, if the player's bad at his job. It's like why conjuration wizards are so bad most times--most players just read up on how it's the godly tier 1 class and then spend the whole session taking 1 turn.

A good player keeps stat blocks on hand, doesn't crowd the field, and keeps a short list of favorite summons. If he's just got a mount, it's not so bad, and if it's just a cohort, he should keep it to the back or else have it be fairly simple in build so that it's not taking a whole extra turn.

Ideally, your cohort shouldn't even be in combat most times, but back at the PCs' home base crafting or managing things.

I allow players to play summoners, leaders, conjurers in my game, but they have to be prepared. If they don't have the stat blocks printed for the creatures they want to summon it's a no go.

Conjuration procrastination is unacceptable, most players at the table have one character, when you have a character a cohort a familiar and 15 million summons, you better have your shit together because if you take twice as long as another player you're taking too much away from the other players.

It's a cooperative game, not a watch me summon an army and play by myself for an hour game.

This. Last time I played a wizard, me and my GM put together a list of about a dozen monsters I would be using, made up some tokens, and I took responsibility for keeping an eye on their stat blocks.

It worked out pretty smoothly, but only because we kept it regulated.

Fractured Mind is the Psionic Occultist; the main idea behind it is that you split your consciousness into different objects and use your now-split attentions to cast spells. Imagine the Horcruxes from Harry Potter.
Pactmaker can be fluffed into having multiple personalities, as you gain different powers and potential qualities at the minor cost of giving up some control to THINGS from BEYOND, which can easily just be your other voices in your head.

I promised I'd drawfag and drawfag I would, even though it might be a bit shitty it's been a LONG time since I picked up a pen and I've been leaning heavily on reference materials to make this go smoothly- I'm just gonna post this and crash. I hate drawing faces and eyes and fingers

Got an artist source, my good folks?

Either Lazy Throne or Hell's Rebels v2.

From the player guide, the Ramgate Massacre may be a good one. It is even a campaign trait to be a survivor.

What're some neat gestalt options for Magus? I kind of like the idea of gestalt Magus/Fighter (Tactician).

Some sort of Slayer, maybe? Not sure if Slayer comes with any good archetypes.

You'll either want something int based or something that doesn't care about your mental stat. What kind of magus are you looking for?

Honestly a Mutation Warrior/Eldritch Guardian Fighter may fit magus since they are both some of the more magical fighter archetypes.

You really want to go Magus? Okay, your funeral. What you're going to want is something to add support to your character, and something that isn't too swift action-thirsty.

Fighter actually is probably one of your better options, or Slayer as said (I recommend Vanguard, but only because it has an AC boost in place of Track). Slayer is probably better if you want to go for TWF, Fighter if not.

UC Rogue might also work if you want to do more with skills and such, but not so much if you're going for a Strength-based build.

Fuck me, I meant Initiative boost, not AC boost. How the fuck did I not catch that the whole time I was writing that post?

Do we have a disxord?

Yah, but Rubio's just a big boob anyway.

Maybe I should just play a wizard in a /pfg/ game.

What would be a good plan to gather your own army in a way nobody stops us from doing so?

Craft them, one at a time.

Similacra Clone Armies.

don't do it, it's a waste of money.
clones are like galapagos turtles; you really can't eat just one.

>it's a waste of money
>[laughs Blood Monetarily]

Spears need about a couple of weeks. Four years of training with the sword.

Hell's Rebels Group A has one trap, one flat blinkling maid (she has good hips instead), one tall but curveless catfolk and very modestly-endowed human bard.

Next time someone is going to say "HP damage can't be overpowered."