ITT: times you left the table

>be in the final dungeon of a year long campaing
>enter in a room
>sorceror of the party throws a fireball in the room I'm in because lol xd
>DM: eat the damage
>me: but what about the save roll?
>it's stupidly high for his level and I require a justification
>provides no justification and tells me to eat the damage

Packed my things and got the fuck out of there. No beef, no regrets.

>Dnd 3.5
>Playing a monk cause i want to kung fu.
>get grappled during a fight.
>DM says the monster grabs my weapon and hits me with it.
> I only use my fists to fight.
> GM: He grabs your fist and makes you punch yourself. How much damage do monk fists do again?

Probably the only time I've ever walked out of a game.

ITT: the time your groups that guy was defeated by that GM

that brings back schoolyard memories!

kek

>be caster
>attack party member for laughs
>not being that guy

>implying it went down exactly like that

even odds someone's lying, could well be OP

>not playing DnD
>am a sword n board fighter
>the group has a couple of NPCs that help the party
>one night BBEG appears in vision and tells each and everyone that they should watch their back, a certain person is a traitor
>some of the party start drama (an NPC with a PC)
>as a result, one of the NPCs (not the one who started the drama) is whisked away by the magic of the BBEG when she decides she doesn't want to stay with the group anymore because my fighter had his sword drawn after the NPC and PC started infighting
>remaining NPC is super anal that the other isn't there anymore, somehow that's my character's fault
>after we get back to town and he's still being a passive-aggressive shitheel, confront him about it
>after talking, I find out that the NPC is a master assassin of sorts because he apparently had a dagger primed to strike at the artery of my PC and could've killed him at a moment's notice
>confront the GM about it, ask why I didn't get any perception checks to find that out
>or an initiative check after finding out about it because that heel just threatened to kill my PC
>DM says that in his game story takes precedence over what the players want to do

I dropped it like it's hot, I did

That's some new levels of bulshittery

>>DM says that in his game story takes precedence over what the players want to do

Then why didn't he started writing a book? Oh yea, wait, that actualy needs a skill in writing.

>taking the bait
>not just saying 'thank you for the free bump' to the idiot
You have a lot to learn young padawan

I should've seen the red flags when he blatantly railroaded us into having two NPCs following us around and then having us arrested in the town after making it out of a dungeon we looted the everliving shit out of

>DM says that in his game story takes precedence over what the players want to do
I think that's the problem with my DM too. He's that focused on the shit he already wrote down that doesn't allow players to do shit.

The campaign was done, so we left.

:)

>not staying after the campaing to cheers

Tell him to write a book

Not a rpg but,
>show up at flgs for what was supposed to be a "fluffy, fun" 40k game back in 5th ed
>bring a decently fluffy Night Lords list; raptors, infiltrators, bikes.
>he puts down 53 lascannon

I just packed my guys back up and went home.

What does fluffy means in this context

>How much damage do monk fists do again?
You tell me *punchs him in the face*

>playsession over
>talk for ~20 minutes
>finish up my drink
>leave the table

>playsession over
>implying it's ever over

Means it match lore for what the chapter would have, instead of cheese.

>playing this campaign where we're being hunted for an association we have with an NPC.
>not even wholly clear who is taking potshots at us, trying to gather more information.
>track down this one orphan kid who probably knows something we need to know
>can't just walk in though, we're wanted criminals, even if it's all faked.
>Hit on plan to use a low level spell to burn our way through the back wall, which was thin and wooden
>Top lel, the kid dies, and now the bounty notices list you guys as baby-murderers.
>Leave in disgust as this was hardly the first time he had railroaded us into failure, and how everything we try is allowed, but the passive, smug bastard just sits there and goes on about how we just made our situation even fucking worse.

>>DM says that in his game story takes precedence over what the players want to do

>3.5
>newish dm
>that guy is his friend
>plays a warforged with split personalities
>every personality has its own crazy wacky mechanics and ability scores
>cannon in his chest that wrecks shit hard with an absurdly low chance to damage him when fired
>CONSTANTLY talking over others to tell them what said other persons' characters would and should do and why

that last part was oddly enough the word. i spoke up, that gave everyone else the nerves to speak up. dm gave him a slap on the wrist and changed nothing. bailed.

>Stop Flurry of Blows-ing yourself!
>Stop Flurry of Blows-ing yourself!

thank god you left

So, you burned down an orphanage and left the table because your GM punished you for that? Like, seriously? I thought orphanage burning was a "Chaotic neutral" joke

>low level spell
that probably means burning hands

burning hands wouldn't burn down a fucking tree much less a whole building
that said it wouldn't work to break trough a wall either regardless of how small it was

so the DM just wanted to fuck the players there

Well done

Personally, I would rule that it could burn down the building, but I would inform my players of that beforehand. DM was a dick.

>had to pay for a taxi since the home we were playing was away from my house and we were sharing cars to go there
Fuck you GM, you made me do this

I don't know how it's so hard for GMs not to be dicks in general.