Connected to LucidNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Pieces_of_People_We_Love.flac
>Mona_Lisa_Overlay.bmp
>DaVinci.sklsft
>ModernArt.btl

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -1 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You let it die before the bump limit, and didn't even make a new thread, dammit.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running BetterThingsInLife.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Art Edition
Do you have an artistic hobby? What about your chummers?
Have you ever visited an art gallery with purpose other than robbery?
Theoretically, how would you go about acquiring the complete Night Watch paintings set?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
runrig.tripod.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hey user from a long time ago

are you still down to have a game of shadowrun.

I'm a musician. I actually did a show for an art gallery once.
>getting a job for your team as security for the painting.
>higher another team to steal it.
>turn off security shit
>have 3 members on overwatch to ensure these dick heads we hired don't fuck us
>have the dick heads knock out our fake security
>in the morning we're fired from our shit job
>our fake sins are probably burned
>the hired team probably got a little rougher with us than they should have
>doesn't matter got paid and we're probably not being chased

My Matrix NPC has a slight fancy for matrix performance art
The mage is a small time musician

I did once play a mage who was basically an aesthetic mix of Bootsy Collins and MC Ride. He had a rap career on the side.

Is it wrong of me to want a cyberpunk Bob Ross?

Yes.

I need some advice for 4e chargen. Whats the most efficient way to distribute my BP? Should I be going for 200 in attributes, how much into skills? Are contacts worth it? How much money is too much?

Yo any particular reason I can't put a smart firing platform on an smg or machine pistol in chummer?
Can't find anything in the rules that says it's limited to assault rifles, but that's all I'm able to apply it to.

No under barrel mount slot.

I thought that might be the case but couldn't find it listed anywhere in CRB or R&G.

SR5 428.
>Machine pistols can take top- and barrel-mounted accessories
>SMGs can take top- and barrel-mounted accessories

Right on, thank you

yekka, my friend had an issue making a rigger. Two of his drones had rigger interfaces, but when he saved it and came back to it a few days later, the only available vehicle modifications were weapon mounts and manual controls.

Can't see any immediate problem with it, did they not save properly, or can he not see them in the selection list?

Playing a Spritenomancer, wanting to have some mild utility in close combat. Thinking martial arts and throwing people while my sprites are using gremlins on their shit.

Should I use lightning reflexes to get an initiative boost? Or something else?

DRUGS

Had a drugsam as a previous character, and drugs may be a bit out of character for this one. I'm considering it. Is it worth resonance loss to take any mods at all?

>Thinking martial arts
docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit
Also
>technomancer
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every day, until you like it

Read both! I feel like an expert already! The question left is how to initiative...

>>Thinking martial arts
>docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit

I actually have a question about that. Under the Chakram Fighting Style it says this:
>Overall a top tier art, especially with double called shots using perfect time.

How does this work? Can you put 2 called shot effects on a single attack?

Drugs or augmentations. Wires destroy your RES, Synaptic Boosters are cost prohibitive, and Boosted Reflexes/Synaptic Accelerators will gimp you down the road.
I suggest Synaptic Boosters in career mode

Oi Chummers what can you all tell me about drugged Streetsams ? What are the basics and what are good options in your opinion? I'm asking because I really like the idea but can't really get the progress going in my head.

General advice
>Take note of your addiction intervals
>Don't speedball drugs that share an attribute
>Higher grade drugs cost more but are worth it
>Drugs don't increase cyberlimb stats
If you want to be a Drug based Fighter then get yourself the Narco genemod, the Nephretic Screen Bioware and invest in designer grade drugs. An often said combination is Kamikaze and Bliss

How do you feel about faces with Adipopsis? Specifically, with tits bigger than their head. Hypermastia levels of tits. Tits so large it counts as a distinctive style.

Venus of Willendorf style?

No, not a fattie, just packing so much on the chest that physical abilities are impaired.

No, it isn't. 'Ware eats in your Resonance which is really bad. You can always go the 'prototype transhuman' way, or use drugs.

And pray the techno book brings back 'Mesh Realities' in one form or another.

Going from what we hear about cosmetic surgery, corporate services, biosculpting, norms of beauty, sexual norms and the speed of trends in the Sixth World, it would be a lot more common than the current, almost-absent fluff implies.
The Sixth World is heavily implied to be fucked when it comes to those things, and you have a ridiculously advertising-flooded society with different means of almost-brainwashing intended to make people ride on the next new trend, let corporations break taboos for money and accept the idea that it doesn't matter if you're being inconvenienced by your biosculpting, personafix or ridiculous clothes, just that you bought it from the corps.
I think it's a shame that that kind of content is universally either reviled or made into smut games on here, because you could do some pretty interesting shit with exactly how blunted the Sixth World is in relation to personal expression, trends and sexual taboos.

>And pray the techno book brings back 'Mesh Realities' in one form or another.
he should pray that it'll be actually released

That too, yeah.

Admittedly, yes, but with laffy-taffy DNA, it'd still be unique.

Aren't all drones with rigger interface by default?

In 5e can you double up on visual stuff as long as they're different enhancements? For instance could I wear contacts (flare compensation) and goggles (lowlight vision)

What's the best tradition for a gunbunny adept?

Think so
at least I can't remember anything that forbids it

>tradition
>adept
do you mean MysAdept?

He probably meant the different Adept Ways.

though after reading your example it wouldn't really make sense. If your contacts filter the glare they would also filter the light of the goggles

Honestly you should talk to your GM and think about what makes sense

Any way to add multiple specs to a skill in chummer during chargen?

IIRC you can only get one spec per skill at chargen anyways

As a DM, how do you make things hard for a melee troll without fucking over the rest of the party?

M A N A B O L T

force the troll to think.

Another melee troll, nerve strike, good toxins, stunball, good disarm, chaotic world. Lots of options, just distract, separate, or target off-stats

You mean Mentor Spirit?

/K/ubist.
they worship the Murder/K/ube.
ask /K/ for the details.

Is Knife Angel lesser deity of /k/ubism or independent entity?

They'd be gods of the same murder pantheon.

>/k/ubis gunbunny
>Knife Angel razorgirl
>constant ecumenical banter

it was declared a lesser divine being. there are likely more than one of them.

Distance, difficult terrain, magic, environmental modifiers, freezefoam, nets, traps, target is faster than him, or really just any basic fucking effort you incompetent nigger.

Let's talk shotguns /srg/.

Have you ever made a runner who primarily used shotguns? What's your favourite shotgun?

>Do you have an artistic hobby?

Poetry (which she is bad at) and Kenjutsu (which she is pretty alright at). She is painfully Japanese.

And pregnant

Yekka, friend is trying to add monotip arrows to a character and it's not working. No crash, it's just not actually adding them. Version 5.191.97 latest nightly.

Whups, bad bonus type. Fixed now.

How does an archery based character work out?

I'm going to give this a shot.

Adept would probably do it better

Really, really bad.

Yeah, turns out it's shit:

You need AGI to hit with the bow, and high STR in order to get a high enough rating bow. A rating 9 bow gets you to 11P AP-2, and there's no APDS for bows.

Not to mention every time you want to fire, it takes a simple action to reload.

>there's no APDS for bows
There are Monotip Arrows to get you to AP -4, and SnS + Static Shaft Arrows to get you to 12S(e) AP -5 without giving a shit about strength. (still need some strength for range, tho)

2 redliner cyberarms with 10/10 str/agi
Burnout adept for more cool

The players in my session have managed to seriously piss off a mega, like Assange levels of pissed off. One of the players got the right idea and ran away into hiding several continents away but the rest have decided to keep pissing around Seattle. How much hinting am I obligated to do as a GM before dropping the hammer on them for it not to be considered That GMing.

As far as I can tell, there is actually very little advantage to being an Adept Archer, mechanically. Two Cyberarms are an easy way to reach 10 STR, which requires Redliner if you're Human or Elf.

BUT because you're running two Cyberlimbs, you can max out the AGI to match, and just walk around with 20 dice for shooting a bow at chargen. 10 AGI + 6 Skill + 2 Specialization + 2 Smartlink.

Normally the advantage of being an Adept is you can go turbo autist in a single skill, such as Archery, but the fuck huge Agility pool from the pair of Cyberlimbs accomplishes much the same.

>piss off a corp
>stay in the area

Literally no hinting. HTR teams ambush them individually while they're sleeping.

>Ares S-III Super Squirt full of Narcoject on a no-kill shadowrunner
Good Choice or Great Choice?

Generally less of a good choice than capsule rounds. They both use light pistol ranges, but the capsule rounds use 1 dose per 5 rounds, so unless your GM rules the Super Squirt uses 1 dose per clip (20 rounds), it's more costly. Mileage may vary if you're also paying for DMSO.

Also, even Immediate toxins only take effect at the end of the combat turn. Depending on your GM, that may be slow enough for the target to figure out what's happening and set off an alarm, send some ammo/a grenade your way, etc.

Just remember, "instant" drugs don't take effect until the end of the turn.

Maybe he could be a cyberzombie glitching hard, so to him, large-scale murder and mayhem is painting a portrait. Wounds and civilian casualties are' happy little accidents'.

I could use this

Hey Srg, which of the shadowrun games on steam would yall recommend? Also, good suggestions for builds or classes to start with would be welcome.

The three Shadowrun Returns games. (Original, Dragonfall, Hong Kong)

Original is the least capably made of the bunch, but it's not absolutely terrible.

I'm actually just finishing up Hong Kong now. They get progressively better. I'd definitely recommend Dragonfall and Hong Kong. I'd only recommend the first one if you want a good look at what Seattle is like. A word of warning about HK, though: It turns into a lot of reading. I was committed to exhausting every dialogue option in the hub-world between missions, and I think I spent over half of my 55 hours on the game just talking to character. Thankfully, most of the characters are interesting enough that it's not fully a chore, but there where times when I was itching for combat.

Oh, and don't play a decker. Not every mission needs one, and on the ones that do, a decker will be provided by the game. On other missions, you might feel kinda useless.

And whatever you do, don't sell out Gaichu.

Ignore gaichu fags. Gaichu eats whichever teammate you have progressed furthest in dialogue with and turns on you.

Maybe if you fuck up in talking to him. I never had that happen, and took him all kinds of places with hilarious results.

Skip Shadowrun Returns, Get Dragonfall and Hong Hong. Dragonfall has a tighter story (much more focused and tightly-written. SRHK's writing goes on forever sometimes), but SR:HK's incremental improvements to Dragonfall really make character building and combat more interesting.

Due to the way the game handles dialogue (Occasionally you need x skill/attribute to pick a dialogue branch, can seriously change the outcome of some missions, but it only checks you, almost never your teammates) there's a lot of incentive for you to play a face (all those CHA and etiquette tests) or at the very least have some prioritized high-level stats. Other than that, both games give you a decker, a support mage, and some muscle off the bat so you can play whatever and still have some fun.

Some good builds that don't horribly break the game (in both games you can make some truly game-breaking builds, but they do kinda ruin the game so I'll let you find them on your own unless you really want me to) are:

- Assault-rifle Sammy
- Blade and shotgun sammy
- Pistol decker
- SMG shaman
- spellslinger mage

Not him, but I'm curious. What builds do you consider broken? Anything more broken than bioadepts?

Not him, but I remember that a full-on ware sammy with monowhip absolutely shredded everything in HK, despite the fact that I sunk a fuckload of points into charisma.

Troll cyber-sam with max strength and spurs is a wrecking ball that deals insane amounts of damage and an AP removing machine that combines really well with Duncan's zipties and Gaichu's beheading strike.

Non-troll with a monowhip is a little less crazy in combat, but can put points elsewhere. (And kinda sucks in the beginning of the game until you get the whip, but okay...)

Shock Ram Adepts.

So did I. The hilarity and banter are worth it alone. Just have decent Charisma and Etiquette Security and you will be fine.

Police station:
Dude shouts "It's a ghoul!"
>goes for his gun
>"Nah mate that's not a ghoul."
>"The fuck? Of course its a ghoul!"
>"Nope."
>Gaichu cuts in: "I'm just a cosplayer. I take my shit seriously, woman!"
>"Ok.... fine I guess"

Later, same police station:
>"It's a ghoul! And it isn't handcuffed!"
>goes for gun
>"Nah mate, I'm just claiming him as a bounty. On my way to the cells. He came willingly".
>Gaichu cuts in: "Better in jail than dead."
>ok, fine i guess

Alternative:
>"Nah mate, he's a bounty hunter for ghouls. Fight fire with fire you know? Just claiming some bounties for him cause he isn't allowed to do it."
>Oh ok then, go right on in

And the high society party is the BEST
>People freaking out
>"Nah mate, he's just an actor going in deep to prepare for his next role. See Gaichu? I told you the makeup is on spot!
>"You are correct, now I owe you 50 bucks."

Later, with /spoiler vampire girl /spoiler
>"Well, it looks like you already have a monster troupe going on, so I'll join you."
>Gaichu goes full Sensei mode on her and teaches her to control her inner beast and become a better person despite her condition

Also Ractor's loyalty mission. Upon entry at the front desk:
>"Oh my god, its a ghoul!"
>reaches for alarm button
>Ractor interjects: "Nah mate, I'm a crazy scientist and this is my bodyguard / experiment. You want me to report you to management for wasting my time?"
>"Oh I'm sorry sir, go right on in"

tl:dr;
Gaichu is relatable and has hilarious bantz. Also combat monster. What's not to like?

Does anyone happen to have a character generator for 2nd Edition Shadowrun?

At first I wanted to say that we didn't have character generators back then, but then I reminded myself about Earthdawn.

I don't have one.

UCAS airforce vet, suffering massive mental trauma. "Paints" with a highland claymore and has a permanently relaxed, unflappable, nonchalant attitude to small-scale genocide because he's already lived it.

New chummer release build is out. Changelog is too long to post without taking up like four posts, but the major notes are that all the content from Run Faster's errata has been added, along with the content from Book of the Lost. Also, Chummer now does not show items over your maximum availability limit unless you have the Restricted Gear quality.

"We don't make mistakes; we just have happy accidents. And that's when you really experience the joy of painting."

Leaning on said claymore, lecturing a terrified surviving reporter in a news office that's been painted an arterial red over a poorly chosen story.

I made a Catholic Humanis-supporting augmented street-sam troll with an Enfield shotgun (fluffed Origin 12). I think you can see where that was going.

>humanis supporting
>troll
?????
for what reason?

Had Metatype Modification as part of his Prototype Transhuman quality, so he thought he was just a tall human. His contacts in Humanis found him too useful to correct. It's not like they would be the first racist organisation to be wildly hypocritical.

Don't think there is one, but I mean it's pretty quick to write them out from my experience. Except when I'm rigging and also feeling autistic.

I know there was a version of SRCG for the second edition but the download link is dead.

runrig.tripod.com/

Humanis is anti-metahuman, given, but it's not completely monolithic and utterly convinced of its own ideals to the point that no gain would be great enough to make it break them.
Even the Ku Klux Klan has black members, and there are surprisingly many blacks in the paleoconservative Republican faction.
The black/troll/ork members choose it because they feel alienated by their own race's culture and wish to become part of something they consider better - it's not new that a black man moves out of the ghetto, gets a suit-and-tie IT job, starts hanging out with Indians and Koreans and stops seeing his family back in the 'hood.
The organizations allow it because it gives them a way to dull the opposition, make themselves look better, lure in new recruits and just plain get someone else on their side, which isn't easy as a maligned organization - and there are actually a surprising amount of even Confederate-flag-waving hyper-racists who feel that there are "good coons/gooks/curry monkeys" among the rest of them.
Racism, especially in the modern day, is a matter of general opinion and not absolute opinion.

Hey what is a Display Link? It was mentioned in the core book but from what I can tell it's some 2050 first edition tech?

The 2050s version of the Image Link

A display link is an eye or cybereye option that let's you display text, images and videos in your field of vision.
For example from headware memory, a slotted datachip, a device connected to your datajack and so on ...

Is there a reason to have a grenade launchers accuracy over 3? Curious to why some have higher

Been a little while, but some that I remember:

All games:
- Double-drone rigger snaps the action economy in two by basically doubling the number of actions the PC gets.

Dragonfall:
- New York Reload: Go elf/custom build. Invest in rank 2 body so you don't get 1hko'd, dump the rest of your points into Agi/firearms/pistols. Keep pumping AGI/Firearms/Pistols until you get Chain Shot. Buy more pistols ASAP you you constantly have 3 pistols on you, his is easy because pistols are dirt cheap, don't buy revolvers. Get a datajack ASAP so you can use smartguns, and put spare cash into ware to make you tougher and more accurate. This build exploits the fact that Dragonfall tracks cooldowns separately per-weapon to break the action economy over its knee. Chain shot lets you fire 3 shots for 1AP, so on the first turn you can fire up to 9 shots at full crit chance, more than enough to drop more than one enemy. And because pistols reload for 0AP (once you have pistols 4) you can keep shooting forever.

SRHK:
- Any build with the autoreloading arm using rifles or shotguns destroys the game's ammo-count related balancing, letting you do infinite Enfield burst firing, infinite minigun spray, and nonstop Panther Assault Cannon firing in the expansion.
- Black IC IRL: Abuse a glitch to get the matrix attack as an equippable weapon, and max out INT to get your hit chances up. It instakills pretty much everything out of the box because it does 50 damage in a game where most enemies have ~30 health.

In my campaign storyline, there's an election going on in the PCC for a new boardmember. Horizon has backed their own candidate, who's a complete datawash project, going up against an Azzie backed grassroots character who's trying to get Aztech back into the PCC, especially the portion in Denver.

Now, one of my players has a character with a brother who went deep cover for Horizon in a Departed type situation, and he's looking for his brother. Naturally, this makes a great setup for the Horizon candidate.

My question is, what's the best way to handle the reveal? I figure Horizon has gotten to his parents, and erased any photos of him from the family albums (and memories) they could find, and even got to the character a bit, where he won't recognize his brother on sight (or got him plastic surgery). It's a very noir game, so mysteries, clues, and convoluted plots are the best way to handle things.

Monotip arrows are a trap option. Explosive arrows are better, and literally 10 times less expensive at Rating 10 (which you should be using).

Tell him to skip monotip. Get Explosive arrows for your standard ammo (if you want something quiet and lethal, Barbed is always superior to regular), a collection of Hammerheads for regular non-lethal, a couple tricked out SnS with Static Shafts for when you absolutely need to drop someone non-lethally, and some Incediaries to do AoE at range.

Personally I say Seeker Shafts are a great investment (ask the GM if he can get a Hawkeye quiver that lets him match shafts and heads on the fly, or have a couple on standby), because it's 3 extra dice on top of every other bonus. The bow is a one-shot weapon anyways, make the most of it.

Remember the Ranger Sliver with SnS+Static Shaft, Incendiary and Injection arrows (because those don't use the power of the bow) for a concealed weapon with a surprising punch. Also the Giantslayer is awesome because an archer should have such a ludicrious diepool that they can make called shots and not care about the penalty, and it's hilarious to blow out someone's kneecap like rated-R Dennis the Menace.

So I am playing in a shadow run game over roll20 set in Berlin and the character I've made is a face with a lot of invested in engineering and science skills like armourer, cyber tech, biotech etc. He also is built around the concept of being an ex-military consultant for SK and having a lot of experience with corps and engineering. However the GM seems to constantly be limiting my engineering skills so that I can't actually build anything, our runs main,y have to do with Ganges so my Corp connections are of little value and it seems my character is virtually useless. What would you recommend for me to do to make the character more useful. Failing that if you think I should make a new character I was considering making a shamen with high charisma, from the rough side of town with mafia connections and a focus on unbound spirit summoning, enchantment and counter spelling. Our party already has a Mage, specialised in spell casting and I don't want to step on his toes so is the concept viable? Otherwise I was considering making a rigger but I'd prefer not to step on our decker so toes either so would that be a good idea? The final party member is a streetsammy.
What would your advice be?