pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:

FUCK HASHUT

PRAISE THE ONE TRUE BULLGOD

"As the Code is the basis of all Kharadron society, we also used it as the basis of their traits. Instead of getting a single trait like most other factions, you choose your army's interpretation of the Kharadron code from a trio of lists -giving you an Article, an Amendment and a Footnote-, which allows you to interpret the Code to your preferences. But if you want to theme your army around one of the major skyports, we created bespoke rules for them. To make up for their loss of flexibility of choosing your own interpretations, you get a small bonus -such as the traditionalists of Barak-Thryng being allowed a special artefact named the Grudgehammer, or the peerless aeronauts of Barak-Zilfin gaining bonuses to their skyvessels."

Customizable army-wide rules? This is just getting better and better!

I really like playing the "Bad Guys" of a setting and yet AoS is really lacking
Can't wait for Death to get some more love, or at least maybe a Slaanesh Battletome

>tfw played Alliance in WoW because even teenage me saw that the Horde weren't even a good faction

>Can't wait for Death to get some more love
april fool!

>unrelated wow talk followed by retarded faction bullshit

Try to keep it in your pants, autist.

>anecdote to counter "le edgy kid"
>to a game which is pretty close to AoS
ok autist calm down

>to a game which is pretty close to AoS
Are you fucking serious?

Ded thread
and yet GW doesn't give Death a new BT like the fanbase wants

What helmeted heads would look best for a kitbashed vampire?

Wait, models die automatically to a Mortal Wound? Guess I might start trying to trick people into a campaign of it with my Spiderfangs.

>ridiculously shitty aesthetic
>half-assed lore that shits on an established setting over 20 years in the making
>notoriously bad balance that focused entirely upon one faction

Will we have to wait for GHB2 for the point costs on these fucking things? Why the shit won't they just release point costs with new material, now that they're actually fixed the biggest problem with the game?

>Why the shit won't they just release point costs with new material

Because they do? Are you even mad for a reason?

>all your greentext assumption are far-fetched and wrong to justify your shitty comparison
lmao

Groin Kikka Here, playing around with some lists. What do you guys think of this? Thinking about maybe dropping the Black Ork Boss for a Wierdnob, to buff the unit of 10 brutes.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Battle Brew

Black Orc Big Boss (100)
- Deff Choppas

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppa

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppa

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppa

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1980/2000

>ridiculously shitty aesthetic
Opinion.
>half-assed lore that shits on an established setting over 20 years in the making
Fantasy was alo half-assed lore and then fleshed out over the years with the addition of new factions.
>notoriously bad balance that focused enitre upon one faction
You mean Ebay Kings who are going to get nerfed in GHB2? Or are you still butthurt that fantasy space marines became the posterboys and not fantasy imperial guard?

Kairic acolytes

Their entry says some of them can take 'two-handed' cursed glaives, but the example models on the box have a guy with a glaive and shield, and he's even labelled as such.

Can they use glaive & shield or not?

Anyone here playing as Greenskinz?
Should I get grots for archers?
Is Grot artillery viable?
How should my boar:infantry composition look like?
Looking to field alot of cavalry in a 1K points game.

How come, when I bought a box of AOS minis off the shelf at a GW store, it came with square bases and no round bases?

GW is incompetent. Don't have the decency to change the bases their minis come with, or update the wars rolls on their own app.

Not everything has been reboxed with round bases yet.

Just write an email to GW to give you a free round base

So, exactly what am I not getting here? People keep going on how overpowered Bloodbound will be now with Bloodtithe, but all I am seeing is a selection of mediocre buffs tied to wiping out a lot of units.
It doesn't seem to help at all with the Bloodbound's garbage mobility and shitty shooting.

Khorgorath is pretty nice now, though.

>Opinion.
Okay.
>Lore
Not even the faggot you were originally talking to, but just making the comparison for him. And look at that, you helped to finish the comparison. A company shitting over and retconning the established lore that'd been added on for 20 years previously for capeshit. Even if you actually like Age of Sigmar's lore and even if you hate the Old World, you cannot deny the direct comparison.
>Balance
Intention was really more on the studio's focus, moreso than purely over-powered things. Much like Metzen and Co put the Horde center stage because it's what pretty much all of the devs mained, you can't deny that Khorne and Stormcast get a lion's share of attention from the studio while other factions like Death are lucky for table scraps. Outside of mechanical balance, Games Workshop's focus is hilariously unbalanced.

Is drycha as much of as much of a blender as she looks? Because she looks dead killy.

Girlfriend has started winning more games with her on the board. If that helps.

How worth it are the mantic skeles? I'd never be able to play my army at my GW, so I'm unsure if it's my best option

>Is drycha as much of as much of a blender as she looks?
Yes

What lore was retconned other than the End times everyone dies? All the old warhammer fluff is the history of AoS.

I think it's mostly just the fact that the Blood Tithe is also generated by your own loses. You could potentially cheese by just tossing shit at your opponent for the pure sake of wasting time and getting butchered, and with shit like Crimson Rain, there are some really nice buffs. Crimson Rain is essentially a weak Chalice effect for every model on the board, or Murderlust helping a melee army actually work.

It's kind of pathetic that the 8 point reward is essentially worthless, since you'll have to pay reinforcement points for the daemon.

They're fuckin' great. You can't go wrong with Mantic's undead. Their skeletons are a great bunch of malicious Gothic rattle-me-bones and they actually fit perfectly aesthetically with the Wight King with Tomb Blade. You also get a lot of fun bits and bobs with them, from the classic skeleton crawling out of the earth, to a skeletal dog and more. They do have more expression than GW, if that's an issue. Bone Dawg in the back got his rapeface on.

Their Ghouls and Zombies are all equally great as well, and in the days of WHFB, it was pretty typical for any VC player to use nothing but Mantic for their core since GW's line are so hilariously out-dated and expensive. For Skeletons, it's 40 for $50, and Ghouls and Zombies are available in a deal at 60 for $65 along with a shitton of nice tombstones. Kings of War lets you do scenic units, so they're big on allowing you to build dioramas as well as individually based units.

>all the old warhammer fluff is the history of AoS
I don't see it.

Have you actually read the End Times and Age of Sigmar? It's explains very clearly.

The new heroes that are alive hear stories of the heroes and adventures of the heroes of the old world but those adventures were something like 20 generations ago. End times and the age of prosperity under Sigmars alliance was ancient history long forgotten. When Sigmar sealed his gates that is near history.

But the events of Old World and all the established history are lore known to scholars of Tzeench, and the Celestial Realm. Your common person laboring under oppression of Chaos Lords is lucky to be able to count to 10 on their fingers. So we are seeing it pop up often. Since most of those old heroes died of old Age. There has been enough time away from the main dwarven culture for 2 whole new ones to arise on two different words adrift in 2 different winds of magic.

Fucking Tzeentch.

weren't the only ones who survived the end times the incarnates and archaeon?

So she's worth taking?

Malchior king of the dark elves survived and merged his soul with his dragon Seraphon becoming Malphion. Others did to with similar tricks, but few who weren't immortal, or gods survived this long due to just how long a time has passed since end times to now.

Weren't a bunch of bunch of Sylvaneth basically carried over into new lore via seed pods?

They are effectively immortal. So yes a lot of them did just have to regrow themselves kind of light the Elven life goddess had to in that book about her.

And yet, the shields in your picture scream "KILL ME"

>being gang-banged by eight Bloodthirsters

Can one reach for the stars and beyond?

>Malchior king of the dark elves survived and merged his soul with his dragon Seraphon becoming Malphion
I'm not sure if this is some kind of especially ruthless trolling

>bullgors don't get the Khorne keyword except for with one dodgy formation that has no points cost

Why don't they just squat beastmen already? Its clear they don't give a flying fuck about us.

Just how some random fucker on the internet painted 'em. Your shields, your design.

Unfortunately, it's not.

I've been questioning whether a maw-krusher is worth taking at all lately.

Is it the paintjob that we're discussing? No, it's the models. And these shields are AWFUL. They're flat pieces of plastic. I can make exactly the same shields from plastic bottles.

>shield
>flat piece of metal
Wow, almost like... A shield? You do realize that shields aren't usually covered in a bas relief of two dragons spit-roasting an ogre?

speak for yourself, they love us.

Chances are in the upcoming spotlighted updates with the shadow elves he will be back with a new model as the Army centerpiece. It will probably be huge like they've been.

Literally nowhere in the fluff does it say that he fused with his dragon, someone just assumed he did based on the one picture we have of him in the first AoS book and then it became one of those unsauced memes like Brets being immune to gunpowder weapons. 2 years later people still try to claim it as fact, but can't bring up a shred of evidence

Are you complaining that the shield looks too much like a shield and not a wrist-mounted, over-designed sculpture?

We'll definitely be getting answers soon. When that nee book drops.

>Wow, almost like... A shield?
Wow, I don't give a shit. I play a wargame about cool fantasy creatures, not historical reconstruction. I want my minis to look cool, realism can go to hell.

Yes, this is what I'm complaining about. If you like characterless primitive armour, the historical wargame thread is over there.

Some autistes have gotten the majority of their understanding of medieval equipment from vidya and never actually waddled into a museum

99.999% of shields never had any relief. Anything with fancy design not painted on was generally ceremonial. And no, a shield-boss is not a relief lol

In the case of these minis, it looks like they went for historical-style gear over fantastical design and that they are meant to look like corpses raised from a military mass grave. It's all up to personal taste, some people prefer the new AoS mini design which tends to be covered in fancy designs and reliefs.

You completely missed my pojnt.
>Malchior
>Malphion
I can't believe I have to spell it out.

Your arguments are irrelevant because Mantic charges money for these uberlazy designs.

1 wound models do.

All a mortal wound is is a normal wound that you can't use armor saves for

Hmm... it seems like the equipment description was written for the Silver Tower models, and when the new kit came out they just added the new stuff without going back and changing the equipment description to suit the new models.

>suggesting that fantasy armour should look like museum pieces
You're the autist mate

Unless you are running nothing but Blodthirsters, Chariots and Khorgoraths Crimson Rains is fucking worthless.

Read the last sentence of my post my dude

The "move or charge in the hero phase" blood tithe is really, really good

Unpaid disposable mooks, I mean the absolute definition of disposable fodder why the hell bother giving them good looking gear.

Why should fodder get better shields than grave guard?

They don't have to be more fancy, make them more battered and decayed, but make them something other than a kinder egg shard.

To be fair Khorgoraths are a lot less shit now that they're damage 2

Seraphon, Malekith's dragon was dead (or nearly) before the warp rift swallowed the entire planet along with everyone on it.

No one (except the Slaan in their pyramid spaceships) got away in time to escape)

how anyone survived inside the warp and into the new world is never really explained very well.

its not like they ever explain how the warp rift closed and spit back out the core of the planet that Falcor found Sigmar clinging to.

they never really explain where the "mortal realm" came from either.

>everyone on tg has encyclopedic knowledge of capeshit tv shows and can understand your obscure reference
Yes, I too watched teen Titans, your "joke" or whatever it was supposed to be wasn't nearly as clever as you thought. doesn't change the fact that this false meme about malekith fusing with seraphon isn't supported by any evidence, yet still gets spread around here as if it's fact.

I didn't watch teen titans and I don't know what the fuck you mean, sober up

>tfw all older battletomes are getting updated

>fyreslayers, seraphon, clan pestilens, flesh-eater court, everchosen and ironjawz
What buffs do you want to see for these armies?

>fyreslayers
New model line.

You mean the exact ones my tin grave guard have?

>implying anyone on a warhammer thread knows or gives a shit about Warcraft characters
Oh, you were referring to even more obscure Warcraft characters, my mistake for not having encyclopedic knowledge of every fantasy universe in existence. So yes, you do akshually have to spell it out because the only malchior even somewhat relevant is the character from teen titans. Still doesn't change anything I said in my post

Here are the thoughts of a Bloodbound player that's been playing since the AoS base game was released.
>Bloody Exemplar
Not horrible. Using a second Command Ability can be powerful. However, using your one usage of Bloodtithe on that seems sorta dubious unless you have a plan. Still, not bad.
>Spelleater Curse
Magic-centric armies won't give a shit about a single guaranteed unbind, the rest will probably work without magic as well. Mostly worthless.
>Murderlust
Now we are getting somewhere. Speeding up the army is key, this does so for at least one unit. Charging in the enemy phase might be fun, as would be shuffling your own units out of the way before a big charge from the enemy.
>Crimson Rain
Okay-ish in a monster-mash army, fairly worthless for infantry armies. Might see some use when running Council of Blood with Skarbrand and his WoK buddy.
>Apoplectic Fury
Piling in and attacking again is pretty great. Cost is already running on the high side, but it's pretty potent.
>Brass Skull Meteor
Hahahaha, seriously? 6 fucking Tithe points for d3 mortal wounds? Really?
>Relentless Fury
If shit is going down the drain this can be your last hurrah. Army-wide is neat, the effect is neat, but things are probably looking dire if this seems attractive.
>Blood Pact
Functionally pointless. Ignore.

I still have no clue what you keep babbling about, you shouldn't browse the internet when high

how come people say diaz daemonettes look like anime girls?

Well then fucking spell it out for me faggot because your obscure ass references can't even show up on the first page of a google search. And it still changes nothing about what I said

>malekith fusing with seraphon

The fuck did this come from, anyway?

>browsing through Patagonia dream catcher forums while completely sober
>getting into arguments about tranny dragon shadow elf men while not blazed off your ass
People actually do this shit? Fucking plebs

I didn't reference anything, I have no idea why you're so sure that I did, just fucking stop posting already.

>not referencing anything
>some obscure point I missed but you can't be assed to explain
Then what the fuck were you even talking about? Maybe you're the one who needs to lay off the sauce for a bit before you get back on the internet

Definitely drop the Black Ork Boss for a Weirdnob, while he is not the most point-efficient wizard in Destruction, Mystic Shield could be invaluable on a unit of Brutes and he is one of your few models who is able to cause some mortal wounds.

Greenskinz are only the vanilla Orcs, and like half of their models are shit, including the overcosted Orruks (on foot) and their Shaman which is a joke for 140 points. Orruk Warbosses are basically the only good thing from the Greenskinz allegiance, with a banner they are great for buffing in mixed Destruction armies as their buffs affect everyone with the Orruk keyword and mounted on a Wyvern they are very efficient budget Behemoths.

Grots seem pretty good on the other hand. Gitmob Grots with bows in units of 40 are actually rather good archers (not as good as Savage Orruks with Kunnin cheese, but they are battleline and with Sneaky stabbing they become scary). Gitmobs with spears and shield are pretty underwhelming compared to Moonclan Grots though, who are our best tarpit unit if you add a Fanatic and Inspiring Presence.

Grot artillery is also pretty good, but you really have to take Spear Chukkaz and Doom Divers in pairs.

In 1000 points I'd take two infantry units as battleline. 40 man unit of Gitmob archers if you want actually viable archers, Moonclan if you want good tarpits (they can even tarpit in units of 20, but they get good at bigger numbers) or Savage Orruks are also a decent alternative (especially if you want to go MSU with your battleline) and they are propa' Orcs even if they forgot to take their pants in the morning. Two units of Boarboyz for flanking, Warboss on Wyvern because he is actually good and maybe another warboss on Boar or foot with the Great Waagh Banner for buffing. If you got points remaining, add Grot artillery and some wizards (Moonclan Shamans are awesome and really cheap).

Thank you very much!

Who else pick up the new White Dwarf today?

Had it for a week already.

Relax, they have the points posted in the back of the book, much like the CoT book does.

I guess those are the same people that unironically think that Fyreslayers looked "wicked badass." When I buy and field a horde of skeletons, I want those fuckers to look like decrepit soldiers who clawed their way up from an ancient battlefield, with molding rags over rusty mail and weathered plain shields. I neither want or expect bog-standard infantry to be holding ceremonial, artfully sculpted shields who link together to form a bas relief mural of the slaying of the Bloodhost of Khorne by the Savior Rattlebones the Third.

Then again, I guess people in these threads actually buy GW's new sculpts, so I should expect some people with shitty taste. Just amusing when people don't want their tarpits' shields to look like shields.

>implying over-designed CAD shit is worth money
>implying GW doesn't charge money for uber-outdated designs
>seriously, tell me these are worth almost $2 a model

Reminder that Blades of Khorne have Slaves to Darkness and Khorne Daemons to pick from now in addition to the Bloodbound crap. This dramatically speeds up their army and gives them some decent ranged options.

>>Bloody Exemplar
>Not horrible. Using a second Command Ability can be powerful. However, using your one usage of Bloodtithe on that seems sorta dubious unless you have a plan. Still, not bad.

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is perfect for this. Stoke him, secrate him, watch him fly into the enemy. Or take a unit of Bloodcrushers or Bloodletters and send them barreling forward. This allows you to make use of their command abilities, or Chaos Lord command abilities, while still firing up your Mighty Lord of Khorne and etc. command abilities on the regular.

And ideally, you will be spamming Bloodreavers and Bloodletters anyway to have lots of cheap MSU infantry units to feed into your Blood Tithe. Back them up with a Warshrine and Bloodsecrator and they're rock solid.

>Slavposter
>Triggered Dwarf
>Zombieposter

Any other aosg meme personalites I missed?

THE XYLOPHONES!!!!

I post about Skellies a lot. Turned the last thread into a Death jerk cause of it.

The guy that spergs out anytime anyone mentions elves

the Mathfaggot, even if it's been weeks since he disappeared.

True, that has been more or less always the case. Also, I don't give a flying fuck about daemons, so they don't do anything for me.

He's still lurking around, was shitposting a few days ago

Does square-base user count?

WHERE
ARE
THE
ELVES?!?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Wake up
>No new Khorne models

Fucking why bros?

I'm Renegade Freeguild / Spiderfangfag. I don't do much except shit on GW models and offer third-party models, though. Spiders growing, Perry Redcoats coming when I finish with my backlog of miniatures and terrain for other games.