Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Left hand brush edition edition.

previous thread
>Daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link to Shadow war rules
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

Blood Axes claim dis thread!

i am new to w40k

which imperium of man army should i play

Tau.

space mariners.

Any Templar bro's out there? I can't get the idea of putting huge shooty crusader squads with grav in Land raider crusaders and driving them up the field just to disembark and rapid fire. Someone help me and tell me why this is a bad idea.

Which one do you like?

Dere betta be nobz in dat naught

reposting hoping to get some critique
Are there better "bang for your buck" psykers than Coteaz?

Recently got myself a forge world GUO. What size of base are these guys normally put on?

Also if anyone has any tips on painting that rotted fatty look on his arms or painting boils i'd love to hear them.

I've got 1 squad of shooty Crusaders and 1 of melee crusaders. Your idea seems fine. We're playing Templars man, do whatever you can.

Why would you put nobz in a nought? Its not an assault transport, even if it should be. You're much better off using it to vomit a unit of burnas into the middle of the board.

dude play nice

no one can stand against nobz in a naught

If I have 2 HQs joined with a unit, is it possible to shoot each HQs weapon at different targets? I could've sworn Ind. Chars are able to shoot at different targets.

Okay, I misremembered the wording on that, but I'm still not sure if "The power of the machine spirit" applies. And I still didn't get a response as to whether or not it makes sense to upgrade the hull weapon on a Leman Russ Battle Tank.
Also why the fuck does the Vanquisher even exist when the Battle Cannon does everything it does minus having AP1/2?

THREAD CLAIMED FOR THE SONS OF PROSPERO!

AWAKEN, MY RUBRICS!

youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I

So were the BigMarines a hoax or is GW saving them for hyping the 8E announcement?

ultramarines
blood angels
space wolves
imperial fists
raven guard
white scars
dark angels
salamanders
iron hands
black templars
legion of the damned

cadians
vostrayans
death korps
catachans

admech and skiitari

sisters from the order of the argent shroud
deathwatch
grey knights

?

start out with dark angels then.

Seeing as today is international shitposting day, do you expect any sort of useful answer?

play catachan jungle warriors
your army will less commonly seen than players with a full army of squats

That a big weakspot.

4 u

Don't put it on the official base that's suggested, I think all the GW greater daemons are supposed to be on 100mm bases. Otherwise it'll be illegal.
I had the same thought for the FW Aeteos GDoT

Which ordo deals with chaos space marines, Hereticus or Malleus?

Bane?

Both.

>play against orks for the first time forever
>actually lose
What
I thought that orks were supposed to be an auto-win no matter how retarded your army is
In truth it was a really fun game and came pretty close

That is some hard gay Magnus right there.

It making me moist

Is that a conversion or does he come without a breastplate on?

Go with Ultramarines.

It's almost like top tier WAAC faggotry isn't the norm and should generally be ignored. Weird.

except Tau. Fuck Tau

He doesn't have his breastplate on at first.

I'd love to.

Gotta narrow it down a bit son. Personally I'd go with Dark Angels just because robes look tits but you have a lot of solid choices there.

Have fun you filthy corpse-worshiping fuck

Dumb newb question- If I wanted to use the Emperor's Children legion rules from Traitor Legions, do I need to build my list as a Rapture Battalion, or does using a Rapture Battalion just give me extra bonuses on top of the regular legion rules?

Do you want a shooty army or a close combat army? Tanks or less vehicles?

I normally win with my Orks.

Key for me is to piss on the "all-comers" meta and make your army lopsided and themed around a single aspect, be it meat, metal, speed or pies, only guaranteed failure is trying to play "elite".

a mix of both and tanks

Just play them all alongside eachother, fall of cadia got some nice rules to do so.

The latter, all it gets you are the combat drugs though.

You can go CAD/regular formation spam if you jst want the basic EC bonuses.

I'd have to guess Space Marines do the mix of shooting/assaulting the best out of those, while Imperial Guard has the best tanks.

B-but the memes! Orks are bad xdd

Should I make my Trukk Boyz Shoota boyz or Slugga Boyz? And should I have 3 Power Klaws and 7 Big Choppas or 1 Power Klaw and 9 Big Choppas for my Nob mob?

There don't seem to be rules for guardsmen, Not!stormtroopers or Works in there...

Salamanders or Ultramarines might be a good pick.
Alternatively, you could make a "Crusade Army" and just paint each squad as a different chapter.

That's how I was reading it, but I wasn't 100%. Thanks.

Orks, even

Ork boyz already have furious charge and 2 attacks per head, so I'd go with Shootas in case they are assault weapons. If they're rapid fire instead I'd use sluggas and choppaz.

Yes, but occasionally they run up against an abysmal list with an awful player.

Dark Angels. You can yourself the Dark Vengeance box and an armoured assault box and maybe another rhino or a dreadnought and you've got the basis for a decent 1K army. It won't win any tournaments, but it's a small enough project to get finished and playable with minor conversion needed (which can be difficult early on).

SM, Guard and Orks are in the main box.

enjoy getting squatted

>/pol/ lumped together with /mlp/

CHAOS SISTERS WHEN

No Inquisition, Sisters of Battle, Black Templars, Demons or Deathwatch, in Shadow War.

Are we getting squated?

Or you just roll a ridiculous amount of 5's.

Luck does a lot for orks.

Most armis preform at 80% efficiency when they roll 3-5 with get a boost on 6es.

Orks explode when they suddenly get 3 shot lootas, hit with rokkits, make charges and whatnot.

Never because Sisters don't have salty cucked primarchs

>he doesn't know

Anyone theory crafting Shadow Wars lists yet? Haven't had a chance to look at the core rules so I can't tell what's good in the Chaos Kill Team but I wanna start building stuff. Pic possibly related, it's one of my Black Legionnaires.

Ah well, doubt it'll be long before a neckbeard uploads them.

Enjoy being salty because others will continue to like what you don't like despite you making it clear you don't like them.

Armour being optional is the greatest thing about him. I'm mostly going to run him with legplates but barechested.

Best part, 30k Ahriman has the same kind of pose, so it's like summoning his Stand.

Yes, all squatted. Robert will disband the inquisition and ecclesiarchy so their subsidiaries like the SoB and Death watch go away too. Then, after Ynnead destroys Slaanesh the necrons will action their plan to close the eye of terror, making it so daemons can't easily access the materium, so chaos servants can only summon them into host bodies.

For the most part nobody anywhere cares about base sizes. Unless you're entering tournaments that specifically say so nobody is going to disallow the FW GUO on the basis of base size. The GW GUO comes on a 60mm base so if you really bought into that line of thinking there should be one of those somewhere underneath him.

Reposting in case the user that asked for it didnt see it yet.

Why is Macha smug?
Its not because she is getting any, thats for sure.

Do you know if the core rules, i.e. the ones for SM scouts, are around anywhere?

WTF. Sold out!

I dig the Sons of Horus look, but holy shit thin your paints

So what is shadow war exactly and should I be excited? I thought we just got a Kill team game.

I've had a look at the rule book but I'm not sure I fully comprehend the rules.

I'm trying to balance things out so I can fit 8 wytches in to a team. Agonizer is worthless, razor flails are worthless.

syren with power sword and pistol 220
x2 wytch with shardnet and implailer 115
x5 wytch with pistol and poisoned knife 110

Not sure how smart it is to give up the rend and the anti-parry.

that model looks so stupid. I dont understand why so many people like it or want it

This is what I most dislike about shadow wars Vs Necromunda. It was always about campaigns and storytelling, not minmaxing and theory crafting.

Shadow War is a game using Necromunda's rules, except using the regular 40k factions instead of hivegang scum, because clearly they didn't learn anything from Blood Bowl.

It's modern Necromunda.

And by that I mean it's almost 100% the same, but with codex models, instead of the hive gangs from 2e.

If I recall right, the 40k rules say that you can always play a model on the base it was originally supplied with.

mostly Shameless advert

Anyone want to give me input? I also didn't realize how slow that thread was.

This is a matter of your local meta. There's nothing about SoA which is more or less narrative focused than necromunda.

Yeah, I goofed the black on the left shoulderpad particularly hard but I think it's ok enough to be tabletop quality. Thanks for the comment, will have to put more effort in future if I wanna improve though tbqh

What you're describing is shameless Hereteks who have betrayed the imperium and turned their backs on the Omnissiah.

Play as admech with xenos allies with converted admech units in place of xenos models.

I want to make a Kill Team. 200 pts.

I've got two 10-man tactical squads and two 5-man assault squads. What do?

As far as I understand it, the primary reason that the Imps let them get away with a lot is that they believe (or claim to believe) that the Omnissiah is a singular facet of the Emperor's divinity, like how the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are all part of the same God.

Granted, 40k is sort of "anything goes" in the sense that it's possible unless something explicitly says it's not. It would be more plausible though if you made all your techpriests part of an Inquisitorial retinue with an Ordo Xenos agent as their leader, therefore making your tech-heresies supervised and thus safeguarded.

I don't think it looks stupid, but I do agree it's highly overrated. The Nurgle CSM models are so much better from both FW and GW. FW's newest Nurgle GUO is also ugly.

It's more just that I'd rather build a skwad that has a decent chance of winning games, not necessarily WAAC.

How to best represent an Inquisition task force meant for shadow operations? I was thinking Inquisitor, some Scions, and an assassin?

Well, for the price of coteaz you could get 2 ml2 astropaths. Twice the powers for the same points, but you lack the melee power and bonus rules coteaz gives. Also people keep thinking that coteaz gives objective secured to any army he's in but it's just his detachment which means just him.

That's all inquisition task forces, user.

shes hot

That's tech-heresy of the highest order, as xenos tech is one of the forbidden tenets of the Machine God, so they'd be purged with extreme prejudice.

No shirt + yes pants Magnus is the god tier combo

They are in the box, confirmed by GW

Yes. Painting them now, actually.

Siren
Chainhook, Blade Venom, Mirrorhelm, Splinter Pistol

Bloodbride
Shardnet and Impailer, Mirrorhelm

Bloodbride
Shardnet and Impailer, Mirrorhelm

Wych with CH+BV + Splinter Pistol

Sold out at 1010 pst. Shiiiiiiiiit

Meant to link you here

Wyches can't buy gladiator weapons, only bloodbrides.

Seeing a lot of peeps talking about wych warbands, are they especially fun in SW:A or are DE players just emerging from their hidey-holes?

Anyone have the rules for putting together a SM scout team for shadow war?

It's a shit April Fools joke.

If they are anything like, they made a wych cult army in 5th edition and want to use their now-near-useless Wych models.