Hello follow Fa/TG/irls!

Hello follow Fa/TG/irls!
I am one of the core devs and testers on the L5R team at FFG.
I will be doing an AMA on the subject of L5R LCG for the rest of the day.

Here is a tidbit to get things started.
The game will still have 2 decks but they will not both be freely constructed. Families will play a key role in what cards you have to run.

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyfightgames.space/en/news/2017/4/1/make-rokugan-great-again/
fantasyfightgames.space/en/news/2017/4/1/Poisson.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry man, we know what day it is today.

That is why I am doing it today. If I get called out by my boss (since a ton of FFG hangs out here) I can just say it was a joke.

Even if this is fake, it beats people whining elsewhere.

Minor Clans when?

New edition of the rpg when?

What's the biggest change you are doing to the system and why?

Minor clans will play a large part of our 2nt story arc. you will start seeing the seeds for them in the 3rd cycle.

2018, We will be using the Narrative System.

Removing player Provinces. We are replacing them with a set of shared Provinces that are drafted at the start of each game, battles will take place at them each round and winning a Province will give you control of it's effects for that around. We adapted this system from the Warhammer 40K Conquest LCG. Much of our redesign of the combat is from Conquest even.

Just so you know, if this really is an april fool's troll, I hope you rip a seam in your favorite work shirt.

Also, how much variety is planned for each clan? Will Crab ONLY be the stereotypical "Big smashy dudes", or will we see their stealthy witch hunters being brought into play?

Spider is best clan.
Prove otherwise

Clans will be fairly streamlined out of Core.
The first cycle will focus on each clans core theme and fill in the gaps.

From there we have a chart of win conditions and game mechanics, each clan will be Great in one, good in 2, and weak in others. Leaving a fair bit if room for players to shape how they want to play the game while leaving some guidance for new players to get a feel for how they want to build.

A fun note is that the game will have 3 Win Conditions and 2 Loss Conditions out of the Core Box.

Will there be any plans to support more players than 2 at a time? Or will it be like Conquest where it's always going to be just a little bit janky?

There will not be direct support for group play out of the core. Support is planned for the future.

Release when?

MAYBE Worlds 2018 but that can very easily change.

Just wait until the 19th. FFG Insider is a troll, he gave his trip out in a Netrunner General a year or so ago.

Not FFG Insider. Check my Trip.

Why the fuck are you keeping the Spider?

We are not.
We are rebooting back to Clan Wars.
Spider is not and will not be a thing.

Mantis on the other hand maybe a thing again, that will be left to the hands of the players in our new organized play

>Will we see other factions in the future?
>The Core Set comes with a full set of cards for seven clans, but you’ll notice that there are some Mantis and Shadowland cards. Because of the flexible nature of deck building, these are all playable, and serve as a great preview for the two Mantis and Spider factions we’ll be adding to the game shortly after launch.

I was just testing to see if you were legit. It seems you aren't even trying.

You mean from fantasyfightgames.space/en/news/2017/4/1/make-rokugan-great-again/

That is not even a good try.
>Fight
>.space

fantasyfightgames.space/en/news/2017/4/1/Poisson.html
>Help us keep this fake news alive until tomorrow !

Tidbit before I grab some lunch.
"Pods" are part of the deck building. Closer to Conquest than Star Wars but it ties into the Families thing I said before.

When deck building you have the option to pick a family that comes as a group of cards like a "Pod". Each family will have a micro theme within that clan and have unique cards only they have access too.
Families will make up around half your deck. You will round out the rest with non-family generic cards. There is also the option to entirely ignore families and use entirely generic cards, Ronin focused decks will do this commonly.
As a side note the core will have 1 copy of each Generic card and 1 set of each Family. The limit will be 2 copies of each so that is why you only need 2 Cores.