Do female Dwarves exist?

Do female Dwarves exist?

>dwarf king has his own face on a shield
"YOU SEE IVAN, WHEN PUT FACE ON SHIELD, ENEMY WILL BE OF CONFUSE AND THINK YOU ARE KILL WHEN YOU BLOCK ATTACK"

"a selection of dwarf warriors"
All I see is a bunch of qt dwarven waifus

Depends on the setting.
Are Dwarves artificial creations imbued with life? Then perhaps not.
Are Dwarves natural creatures like any other? Then probably.

OP already knows the answer.

Yes. They just have smaller/thinner beards and breasts.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

>Smaller/thinner beards
Where?

1) Yes
2) They don't have beards.

Goddamn hirsutism fetishists...

Depends on the setting.

Can I get some pictures of female dwarves for scientific purposes?

Yes, your post has a pic of them right there

fuck off terry

In Warhammer yes, and no they don't have beards.

They look like little round German girls with blonde plaits.

Only traditional dwarven women have beards. Progressive ones not so much.

if you can tell enough to be annoyed at it that aint terry

terry female dwarfs look exactly the same

I feel like this pops up every week and we still dont have an answer

Well, they cover lips, but they're not on the face...

>a dwarf going "fuck tradition"
now that's just dandy

No, when the time comes a dwarf shits a golden egg he hides on a cave tunnel. After about 6 weeks a tiny "baby" dwarf comes out of it, with a beard and all. The baby dwarf lives the first 10 years of his life inside those caves, feeding on whatever he can find, until he reaches maturity.

I like it. You need more than one egg, though. Make it like 100 eggs. Then the tiny dwarves rampage through the tunnels, starving and being eaten and perishing in caveins and such until the few that reach grizzled maturity instinctively head for their traditional places of habitation.

Anything else would just be ridiculous.

Ah yes. I love smaller and thinner breasts

stole my line you bish fite me irl

Do not despair user, after some character development she starts to let it grow-in a bit and[/spoiker] she comes to terms with tradition.

There are outliers in every society for better and worse (pic very much related)...

But worry not, traditional dwarven grooming aficionados, they don't follow the human-made trends and shave it - a lady dwarf's "low beard" is always kept just long enough to braid.

Yes they lay the eggs

source?

If there can be good drow and scholarly orcs, there can be progressive dwarfs. It's not like they're Modrons.

Ask and ye shall receive! A lovely little comic called Rat Queens. It is a fairly good, and usually funny, fantasy romp where most of the cliches of standard fantasy setting are poked fun at and most of the case is women. Women who act pretty much like you expect anyone who takes on the adventurer life to which is to say consistent drug use, general violent tenancies, saying fuck the law, and just generally kicking ass. Some people might cry SJW but I recommend it.

Is this the same dwarf with an orc boyfriend, or am I thinking of another comic? Cause that's still a pretty major break from tradition.

If I had dwarves I'd probably give them females (without beards). I prefer it that way. Though, the excessive memeing has driven me away from using elves and dwarves more than I'm happy to admit, so my opinion here matters even less than usual.

It probably is the comic you are thinking of. I have only read the first trade paperback and to my knowledge, while the term may be loose, Violet the dwarf and Orc Dave are a thing.

As of this moment I don't know if the relations of races in the wider world of Rat Queens has been established.

In the discworld novels the constraints of traditional dwarvish culture make figuring out a dwarf's gender almost impossible. For humor's sake they all have beards, armor, weapons, and names like "Bashfull Bashfullson." In one of the novels a dwarf tells a friend, "I went out with this guy last night, and I'm almost sure he was male!"

I remember when rat queens had good art..

Sideburns Y/N?

In fact, I like to think that they don't. Makes them more unique. Nobody plays female dwarves anyway.

I love the original style but know the artist has been changed twice. How was their artwork?

That's one of Dave's birds in her beard, isn't it?

On their fucking face
holy fuck

Suuuuure.

Eeyup.

I've seen played in a setting where there were no female dwarves, because dwarves cavrved their "sons" from stone inlaying jewels and precious metals and preforming some ancient ritual..

The one in the d&d fifth ed. player handbook is a qt

All the 4e female dwarves have cute braids.

I had a honest laugh back when this came out. Loved the concept of half-orc druid,too.

Dorf IRL.

The female dwarf cleric from 4e Presents Races & Monsters might have a literal chainmail bikini going on, which is probably why she was never used in any "official" art, but she's also pretty hot.

10/10 would let her to forge me into shape and hold hands with her.

Please say you have a pic...

It's not as bad as the chainmail bikini, but I did notice just now that the PHB dwarf has some boob chainmail going on too. I think before this I've only noticed how cool her hair looks. Well okay, the cleric has some great looking hair too.

I found the book he mentioned from the 4e thread pastebin.

I just found the colored-version only online, myself, but since my connection's too awful to post pics, thanks for stepping up.

Also, sorry for getting the book's title wrong; it's Races & [i]Classes[/i].

I actually started reading it, it's pretty interesting to read about what sort of thought was put into designing the game.

And besides, it has a lot of dwarf women for some reason.

Yeah. I originally got them because I wanted to see what 4e would be like when it came out, but the ideas behind it mean I still enjoy cracking them open for a bit of light reading.

Interesting, isn't it, how Races & Classes talks so much about how what they did was actually based on practical experience garnered from 3rd edition and not MMOs?

And they were pretty impressed with the artist's take on dwarf women, as they mention in a sidebar on female dwarves. Maybe they wanted to show them off? I'll take these over 2e's version any day.

What do you mean. There's a female in that pic. Bottom left, sporting the traditional feminine Mohawk.

Anything with women in a lead role gets a SJW cry, sadly.

Rat Queens is awesome though.

The Fifth Elephant is also an awesome read, sure it's Discworld, but it does a good job of digging into a dwarven culture where everyone looks kinda the same. Dwarves are awesome when nobody, not even the dwarves, can tell who's a lady.