I'm asking for reasons why:

Two "Good" (benevolent and caring towards mortals) gods will be feuding violently.

Setting(for anyone that cares):
>Singular giant city ,surrounded by city states
>All Indian(The country) theme, because it works like a charm
>Most cities with a king, a few runned by a council of elders
>Cities are in economic and military aligiance through past familial connection amongst said monarchs king
>Orcs are scorned and in many ways backwards but not a great threat and live in the cities.
>Elves are just lithe humans
>High elves are Magical juggernauts, and do not mingle with normies
>Humans are....humans

What are the gods' domains?

\Never got that far....
I was thinking;
equality, justice, order
vs
freedom, development, festivals

Basically Chaotic Good versus Lawful good. Chaotic Good God did something that while being good, is against the "Law", or the Lawful god tries to enact a law while being "good" goes against freedom or something the Chaotic God holds as a high ideal.

Maybe the Chaotic god set a repented demon but truly reformed free that the Lawful god said wasn't finished being punished, breaking trust between the two of them?

Could go classic order/chaos dichotomy. One believes the best thing for mortals in freedom, and the other believes control and structure is better for them.

You could, dare I suggest, look at real world politics. Folk are always bickering about the right way to help people.

Could be something that happened purely in the godrealm, and completely unrelated to their agenda or domains, a personal grudge.
One god took the second god's god-waifu from him and now they hate each other, for example.

>Order vs Festivals

God of Order wants the Festivals God's celebrations to have trash cans and recycling during the celebrations because it gets really messy, but the Festival God insists they'll pick it up afterwards (and they always do) but Order says if you just do it now it'll be easier to clean up later but Festivals says we're trying to party and what's it matter if we clean up now versus afterwards anyways?

>Deamonic misbehavin'
always good, I'll use it but it sounds more like something that belongs in a myth between them,
I am not planning on the gods actually showing up, so I'm looking more for reasons why their followers will be feuding.

NO WAIFUS!

Do they both recognize each other as good?
For example, a god of honor would likely despise a god of vengeance.

Ok
so all good Ideas guys but I'm thinking I didn't explain myself enough.

The gods will not show up (unless someone will fuckup most epically)
The feud itself should derive from the behavior of their followers and the way they interpret the will of their god.
Myths about how much the other god is an asshole are well and good and I'll gladly use them, but I don't want DIVINE politics to be the driving force.

Also NO WAIFUS!
especially no GODLY WAIFUS!

See pic?
NO!

The Gods are actually Goddesses arguing over a husubando.

Good point....
I don't know, I never allow the divines to actually voice their opinions in my setting.
I guess yes

No husbando too

What's the problem with gods having spouses?

"Good" in what sense?
If it only applies to other of the same race then you can maybe have a prophacy foretelling a great invasion.
> the two Gods both had a vision of the apocalypse
(inserting some presumptions here)
> elfs are more common in the west -> are an important part of society in the west
> orks are more common in the east --> are an important part of society in the east
The west faction (who worship GoodGod 1) interprets this legend as "Orks will invade and destroy our way of life." So they despise Orks (and all who work with them)

The east faction (who worship GG 2) interpret this as "Elfs will destroy our way of life". And so they hate Elfs (and all who work with them).

Both factions hate the other faction because it cooperates with their future invadors. Both factions don't want to stop cooperating with the race that lives with them because that race is too intergrated into society.

So now you have two human factions fighting between each other with elfs and orks in the middle as an excusse.

Late night spitballing.

This is nice,
makes sense for churches to appeal to the racism of its people.

But I'll doubt I'll use the invasion thingy, though it's nice if the elves in the city already feel like the orcs are invading.

>Also NO WAIFUS!
>especially no GODLY WAIFUS!

I sympathize, but I find this request a little strange because something being a waifu is relative to an individuals interpretation of that thing. You could write a perfectly normal and reasonable goddess, and then someone goes "I like her. She's my waifu now," and there's really nothing you can do about it. To that person, she's forever a waifu. On the same token, one could like a cute, upbeat, mascot anime character without getting weird about it at all.

>i'm looking more for reasons why their followers will be feuding
That's even easier if it's groups of mortals. Just make them hung up on some minor detail. Bonus points if you make it so that it turns out the two feuding groups literally worship the same god.

One god is the god of all loos. The other is the god of all poos. Naturally in this setting they are immortal enemies.

One god is jealous that the other has more followers.