The wizard summoned a fiend for menial chores

>the wizard summoned a fiend for menial chores
>noticed something odd while she was polishing his jewelry
>both the amulet of detect good and the amulet of detect evil reacted to her
>he wants your party to figure it out while he summons more fiends for menial chores

THIS SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THOSE JAPANESE ANIMES!

both are actually just amulets of detect magic, marketed to different market segments, in order to fuel class struggle

Oh my god stop summoning the legions of hell to do your goddamn laundry that's what a homunculus is for I am going to beat you with a rope if you keep doing this shit.

I beat the wizard into a coma with his own goddamn spellbook and then take the fiend in question to the local church of a neutral god to serve as an acolyte and apprentice.

Don't got time for that sort of responsibility.

>Fiend pinging both Good and Evil
>This means either the Wizard's amulet is broken or our Paladin is

And I know who I'm trusting over the guy who nonchalantly summons demons to do his laundry.

> The demon has an ancient paladin sealed in her left arm.

Oh, so it's like the exact opposite of that old bullshit cliche

Harboring two souls, its own and one of some dead god who survived by acting like a parasite.

Smite her and then the wizard.

>implying they're not just neutral

If the fiend was Neutral neither amulet would react to it.

>The voices in her head tell her to do justice.
>When she's alone she can see in the corner of her vision an undefined humanoid figure donating to charities.

SO WHAT IF YOU CAN SEE

THIS LIGHTEST SIDE OF ME

NO ONE WILL EVER CHANGE

THIS UPSTANDING CITIZEN I HAVE BECOME

>she has both an ancient good and an ancient evil sealed in each of her arms
>the fiend is actually true neutral

I take it back, as long as you specifically make it tongue-in-cheek, that's a great character concept.

She is Good-aligned but because she's an Evil Outsider, her body is made of Evil and she registers as both.

This is actually a noted situation that happens on rare occasion in a few core settings.

You know those caricatures where you've got both an angel and a devil sitting on a man's shoulders?
Do that.

Where the fuck is this wizard summoning these fiends from

We need to find this plane where demons are capable of maintaining two mutually exclusive alignments

Exactly. Fall-From-Grace and that one Succubus Paladin both still register as Evil because their bodies are chock full of it.

You would trust the retarded peasant-born man-at-arms over the fifth son of the Lord Phillip of Oaksfield?

If the wizard son of a noble summons demons for menial jobs, you accept it and move on, lest you want to end up drawn and quartered.

Personally I prefer the notion that Outsiders are composed of their given alignment substance, and while they can change alignment, if they do they physically transform into the other Outsider type.

A redeemed succubus would be possible, but she'd be an angel who was formerly a succubus.

>t. the Wizard King

the realm where players come from

> The demon lies awake at night, holding her head and reeling from a nightmare she had about teaching children that bullying is wrong.
> Shit like good-themed corruptions of edgy songs play literally every time.

this is another reason why alignments are shit

an amulet of detect malice or an amulet of detect honest intentions or some shit would make more sense cause it specifies what it means

If it's D&D 3.5 it's more that demons, despite being made from literal Evil, can still have a Good alignment via shenanigans. They detect as both in that case.

In fact, a Lawful Good Demon will ping on Detect Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil. It's what you get when your metaphysics allows you to make creatures out of concepts.

>GOODNESS IMPRISONING ME
>ALL THAT I SEE
>ABSOLUTE KINDNESS

Oh, well

That means that since it's a demon, it's personal alignment must be good, and that changes things. Is the fiend okay with having been summoned? I imagine it wouldn't fare too well among it's less moral kin, so it might see this as a chance to get away from all that.

I mean, menial tasks is still better than being dumped on for being a decent person on a plane full of assholes, right?

>It's another "Normally evil creature pings as good, wat do?" thread

>it's another "Doesn't Understand That Alignments in D&D are Tangible Forces" Episode

>the wizard is infallible solely because his daddy is rich

Save it, Dumbledore. This kind of attitude is why everyone hates wizards.

First off, I kill the wizard for summoning fucking fiends. Just spend a silver a day for a maid instead of summoning concentrated evil to do your god damn dishes. Besides, it's probably cheaper than the materials needed for summoning and binding fiends anyway.

Second, I rightfully banish the little abomination back to whatever hell she was dragged from. Fiends are fiends. There's a very real probability that she was just using magic to fake her alignment and appearance in order to trick people into trying to redeem the "innocent" little demon girl.

Both amulets are working correctly, but detecting different beings. She's entirely evil, but has a virtuous insect like a butterfly sitting unnoticed on her body somewhere.

>picking a fight with quite possibly a powerful wizard over such a common and trivial thing

this is why people hate moralfags

>summoning literal embodiments of evil
>common and trivial thing

t. fiend-possessed wizard

>SOFTNESS ON MY SKIN
>THESE WOUNDS I MUST HEAL
>NEVER WILL I FALL
>THIS PALADIN IS REAL

Right? Deus vult shit is for those who can't manage life.

its like what? a 3rd level spell? what kind of wizard CANT do that?

and so what? one can also employ mercenaries/ bounty hunters - of which some will invariably the same alignment as the fiend

CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN
THESE HEALS, THEY WILL NOT WOUNNND

>Implying

Unless your setting is crap every paladin doubles as a knight and therefore a minor noble, and unlike born nobles they're screened for competence so no retards should get through. It's called meritocracy, pal!

If by butterfly-like insect you mean fairy and by sitting unnoticed on her body somewhere you specifically mean on the floor of the demon's stomach, then I am totally down.

zone of truth you mean?
Or do you mean a sense motive check?

dead things dont register, do they?

Imagine some horror campaign where you’re treading through some abandoned village that’s completely underground yet obviously recently inhabited. Imagine finding notes talking about how something is happening to the writer’s friends and family, and that they’re “becoming something else” and that the village is being quarantined. Then you go and find some abandoned research facility filled with notes about a spreading condition spoken of in horrified tones. Imagine going through the facility and trying to uncover just what happened and reading the apocalyptic logs of researchers regretting uncovering “That thing” from even deeper underground. Imagine finding out the campaign is taking place in Hell and the infection was caused by the soul of an ancient sealed paladin leaking out and infecting the demons with good.

Um, if an Outsider changes alignment, it changed outsider type. A fallen angel ceases to be an angel. A risen demon ceases to be a demon.

>I can spend money on materials in order to summon a physical manifestation of evil which will wreak havoc if it ever escapes my control
>Or I can spend a pittance per day on some neutral peasant girl who can do the exact same job

user, you should really go find a cleric to cure your demonic possession.

It starts innocent, summoning demons to do your chores and help you with your homework. Sure you have to sacrifice a few goats and bathe in their blood, but that's not THAT evil, right? But then next thing you know you're sacrificing virgins to Olagaratros the Blood Weaver so that he'll provide you dark powers beyond your wildest dreams so that you might dominate the feeble mortals around you.

Evil. Not even once.

>implying dead
demons are sadists, man. Imagine having your own personal torture pet permanently suffering inside you or at least until it starves. P great man. At least to a demon.

Evil outsiders are like baby crocodiles. Yeah they might make cute pets but they DO grow up. If it's not hurting someone now, it's only a matter of time.

Fall-from-grace is still a succubus, user

>i can use a candle and small sack to summon a being magically bound to my will
>or i can spend money on hiring a human who will be less competent, reliable, squeamish, complain, and ask questions

do you even wizard? and besides you dont need to bathe in goats blood, just pour it onto the altar

That's a very specific fetish you've got there, user.

demons can also be lawful evil, which is more about extreme individual selfishness

Nope, by RAW they just change alignment but keep their old subtype and species

>extreme individual selfishness
It feels REALLY good when the fairy flutters around in there

i highly doubt that,it'd be nauseating and annoying

As long as you raise it properly and release it back into the wild before it starts seeing you as food everything's okay?

Thanks local paladin! Now I can get my tower cleaned without having to worry about that stupid clergy next door. Anybody know where to get a book on how to raise summoned demons?

That's easy to answer, it's because she's a virgin.

>As long as you raise it properly and release it back into the wild before it starts seeing you as food everything's okay?

No, because a demon is still considerably more dangerous than an alligator. You can dump an alligator in an uninhabited swamp and it'll stay there as long as there's food.

The demon will inevitably find its way back to humanity and find some way to wreak havoc. Best you don't summon one at all, and if you do then someone needs to kill it fast.

>Planescape redeemed succubus pings multiple alignments

This is due to having the evil subtype.

She has a good alignment, an evil subtype, and is probably an Alu-fiend.

Found the wizard.

I wish more smart players would play smart characters-- it's fun to watch.

I'VE BECOME SO PLUM, I CAN'T HELP BUT CARE

BECOME SO KIND, SO MUCH MORE AWARE

BY BECOMING THIS ALL I WANT TO DO, IS BE LESS LIKE ME AND BE MORE LIKE YOU.

This concept is amazing.

I KNOW THIS ONE! You have to submerge her in water to see how much she displaces!

I'd play the hell out of it in a comedy campaign.

Reverse edgelord.

Not that he's infallible. Just that calling him out on his bullshit is a good way to introduce your ass to class differences, and I'm not talking about wizards and fighters.

>confidently boasts they're going to go out and help beggars
>ends up nervously throwing a few copper at one homeless guy and running

>Sometimes... I can't hold it back, and the whiteness descends, a wild torrent of compassion surging through me. I lose control. I help people. Anybody. Stopping a robbery, cleaning up a park, anything.
>I... I even helped a kid learn to read, once.
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME
>YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE

If calling out some dupe for being irresponsible is a social faux pas so be it. Besides, I think a sworn Paladin is totally within his rights to chew out a nobleman for doing something stupid. A cop isn't punching above his weight when he gives a billionaire's son a speeding ticket for going 90 in a school zone. And that's way less dangerous than summoning demons.

reincarnation is real and the person responsible for soul placement is very arbitrary in their decision making

>demon girl literally shits butterflies
She is so pure!

>inb4 "the cleric plays counselor and helps the demon accept their newfound benevolence"

I have a gigantic boner both literal and metaphorical for redeemed and devout demons.

>or at least until it starves
But it has access to food.

What a nice demon, keeping her pet fed

>you will never raise a cute fiend daughteru to be good and pure
WHY LIVE.

>Cucked by a demon

The picture in question showed a paladin on foot. Clearly doesn't have money for a horse. Amour and weapons probably gifted by his order.

Just a soldier of common birth.

Alignments state what they mean too, user.
I think the real issue is that many people find themselves solidly falling into the Evil side of things.

>The demon will inevitably find its way back to humanity and find some way to wreak havoc.

It'll do that whether it's summoned or not. It's not like a demon's never heard of the Material Plane before. It's far less dangerous bound and doing the dishes instead of razing villages.